Free Baht Bus Ride

texanaust

Jingthing….have you ever considered buying a car or even a moped? No more baht bus adventures but your blood pressure would thank you for it. I only take them when I'm too drunk to drive but not a single misadventure in the past 10 years.

Many years ago back in the UK coach companies would put on (usually Sundays) what they described as "Mystery tours" you were never told the destination (usually a beauty spot/national park or the seaside-if in close proximity) but people mearley went for the thrill of the unknown-the Pattaya songtaew cartel now provides the same service at a vastly reduced rate-Jingthing has had many experiences (happy and otherwise) and on TV his knowledge of such is much appreciated thumbsup.gif

What do you baht bus users do if you want to go somewhere off the bus route one day?

Walk.

If desperate, hire a charter.

Also tend to avoid those areas if they're too far to walk.

Of course many people use the bike taxis. I don't.

Pattaya needs better bus coverage AND actual Bangkok style taxi meters.

Edited by Jingthing

Jingthing….have you ever considered buying a car or even a moped? No more baht bus adventures but your blood pressure would thank you for it. I only take them when I'm too drunk to drive but not a single misadventure in the past 10 years.

Many years ago back in the UK coach companies would put on (usually Sundays) what they described as "Mystery tours" you were never told the destination (usually a beauty spot/national park or the seaside-if in close proximity) but people mearley went for the thrill of the unknown-the Pattaya songtaew cartel now provides the same service at a vastly reduced rate-Jingthing has had many experiences (happy and otherwise) and on TV his knowledge of such is much appreciated thumbsup.gif

Thanks.

Unpredictability is not all bad.

Sometimes with public transport anywhere in the world, it can be a bit of fun to go with the flow.

For example in high season it is common for Pattaya bound from Jomtien buses to take a long detour turning right on 3rd road and snaking back to 2nd via Pattaya Tai.

If that happens, it's an opportunity to get off down 3rd road if you wish, an area normally not served by baht buses at all.

What do you baht bus users do if you want to go somewhere off the bus route one day?

Now, that is a difficult one to answer. Ive never been able to work it out for myself in the 12 years ive been here.Thats why Ive never been anywhere except baht bus routes.sad.png

Oh, that's sad, I've only been here 6 but I love exploring, sometimes on foot. Buy a small scooter so you can zip around and see the rest of the area.