Isaan farmers threaten to blockade Friendship Highway today, Jan 27

webfact

The issue is not whether farmers haven't been paid since October (another poster claimed 9 months) or not. It is the perception and the opinion of the farmers who do not believe streets protest and road block will solve their problems on a scheme that they believed was facing sabotaging and now when all mechanism is ready to pay them, EC block a payment on an ongoing payments which were late. What if there is no late payment? Ongoing payment on an ongoing scheme should still be made. EC has abused their power and guilty of conflict of interest.

The farmers know precisely who has been sabotaging the rice pledging scheme, and blocking the payments. They talk about it openly and name names.

The yellows must kill the rice pledging scheme if they are to erode the red's voter base.

Yingluck cannot finalize the credit for the farmers payment's, not because there isn't enough money, and not because Thailand is bankrupt, but rather because she dare not risk jeopardizing the next PTP government should her party win ... that is even if there is an election. If she finalizes the credits now and goes on to form the next government the EC and CC will cry foul and tear the new government to shreds. The farmers know this well. They also know what ANFO is,and how to make efficient use of it.

Think of the farmers. They have worked so very hard from harvest to harvest, They know who is preventing them from being paid and who has been and continues to sabotage the scheme.

So if the farmers are so clear on this .... why they are blocking the highway protesting the Yingluck Govt?

• Like 2

well done brains e.c. blocked there payment mmmm you mean the one in october...when it was due...stop lying and keep to the real factscoffee1.gif

Fact of the matter is that the EC is NOW blocking the payments. Regardless of who is right or wrong, good or bad, the farmers must be paid. I wish the powers that are / that want to be / to be will stop playing games and pay the farmers their dues.

Thats not right, the Government failed to sell rice, the EC only says that they cant take it from another account. And this is normal for Democracys I know...

EC said they can't take it from another account??? Which account???

Think this was called "commerce fund", but why you complain the EC when you not know about this. You should look that you be informed before posting. Rice farmers waiting now 9 months for their payment, and you complain the EC...Think about this and the fictiv China-deal...

Farmers who do not agree to using streets protest, know the sabotaging activities of the rice scheme and that EC had blocked their payments on an ongoing scheme.

well done brains e.c. blocked there payment mmmm you mean the one in october...when it was due...stop lying and keep to the real factscoffee1.gif

Fact of the matter is that the EC is NOW blocking the payments. Regardless of who is right or wrong, good or bad, the farmers must be paid. I wish the powers that are / that want to be / to be will stop playing games and pay the farmers their dues.

Clean your ears out boy!

The EC is doing exactly what it should be doing. Explaining the laws to the caretaker government.

The government can decide what to do in terms of paying the farmers but must remain within the law.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

They know who is preventing them from being paid and who has been and continues to sabotage the scheme.

So if the farmers are so clear on this .... why they are blocking the highway protesting the Yingluck Govt?

Because they haven't been paid in at least four months and they are desperate and angry. From speaking with the farmers I know their anger isn't directed towards the Yingluck govt. but rather the dysfunctional and corrupt government system that allows one side to play them off against the other. Now they want their money.

There was no money to pay the farmers before the EC had any say on this. If you love the farmers so very much please do stop trying to fool them with lies, it's not polite.

I didn't mention the EC in that conrext at all.

Also, there has always been plenty of money to finance this scheme. Thailand is not going bankrupt any time soon.

Yingluck must have sleepless nights worrying sick about poor wretches. She might come crying and Pointing fingers at cruel amart for doing this.

The only sleepless night YL will ever have is worrying about when she can get her little arse back overseas to shop for more designer handbags, clothes, shoes, and watches. She must be doing it tough at the moment, probably having to wear some of her clothes for the second time and to reuse a few handbags and shoes.

• Like 1

They know who is preventing them from being paid and who has been and continues to sabotage the scheme.

Because they haven't been paid in at least four months and they are desperate and angry. From speaking with the farmers I know their anger isn't directed towards the Yingluck govt. but rather the dysfunctional and corrupt government system that allows one side to play them off against the other. Now they want their money.

What alternate world do you live in? The outstanding payments date back to well before the current anti-government campaign kicked off.

• Like 2

They should go and vote for the reds again on the 2nd......nobody will disturb their voting rights in Nakhon Ratsasimawhistling.gif

Yes they will be happy to be part of the PTP landslide victory .... probably their votes already counted.

I'm sure that ways of highjacking the election are being investigated....PTP will be trying everything they can to avoid a defeat.....

Excuse me Sir. Who is the ones trying to hijack the election by preventing the voting by the average Somchai??

The answer to that is: PAD, the ultranationalist rightwing party, under the leadership of the neo-faci Suthep!

And sure, the "peoples council" appointed by the elite, is going to care a lot about the rural farmers. NOT

What denial! My God. Old red shirt supporters turning their backs on the current administration for their theft & graft, turning against them, not voting much in Chiang Mai, joining anti gov't protestors, and all you can say is PAD PAD, Fascism. 0 credibility in your posts, and I see you don't wanna admit the reds are stopping their support of the inept and corrupt PTP?

• Like 1

What alternate world do you live in? The outstanding payments date back to well before the current anti-government campaign kicked off.

The political interference has been non stop since before the 2006 coup and that too is well before Suthep and even the rice pledging scheme existed. The key yellow players remain the same. Here.

(((He said farmers no longer have trust in this government but when it assured fathers again that all farmers would be paid by the end of this month, they agreed to wait.))))

Really I am not sure how many times a statement like this has come from the govt, they will be payed by a certain date , month,,,,really ?

Are farmers that brain washed that they keep believing the govt?

The farmers will be paid ok! If they are not paid by the 31st this month then for sure the gov will pay them by the 31st next month. Dont worry, be happy! Dont forget the minister of healths warning also that you could get really sick if you learn too much politics. Goq home and relax and we will take care you. Mai pan rai

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

post-198911-0-11959700-1390815963_thumb.

Nevermind "Shutdown Bangkok on 13 January 2014"

It's going to be

Shutdown Thailand on 1 February 2014

if those farmers shutdown the Asian Highway System for not being paid by 31 January.

Edited by tsnyder
  • Like 1

Farmers who do not agree to using streets protest, know the sabotaging activities of the rice scheme and that EC had blocked their payments on an ongoing scheme.

Fact of the matter is the government screwed up the budgets and cash flows and ain't got any money to pay the farmers. This was an issue before the protests with assorted government ministers and officials lying about promised payments, claiming they had money when they didn't and lying about G2G contracts which seemingly don't exist. PTP's erstwhile finance minister can't account for where the massive spend has all gone, although he assures that every baht went to the farmers! Public officials who have raised concerns about corruption and skimming have been removed and now the NACC are probing the caretaker PM, some of her ministers past and present, some of her MPs and her family.

And you think it's all down to the EC who should roll over and let the scam continue?

• Like 2

The EC and PCAD must have access to time traveling technology since the farmers haven't been paid for 9 months.

rolleyes.gif

Please, stop treating the farmers as if they are idiots.

Please read careful. The issue is not whether farmers haven't been paid for 9 months or not. It is the perception and the opinion of the farmers who do not believe streets protest and road block will solve their problems on a scheme that they believed was facing sabotaging and now when all mechanism is ready to pay them, EC block a payment that is an ongoing payments which are late. What if there is no late payment? Ongoing payment on an ongoing scheme should still be made. EC has abused their power and guilty of conflict of interest.

blink.png

Could anyone translate this from Spin to English for me?

Everything that troll posts is complete and utter biased brain washed crap, don't waste any time or brain cells trying to understand him....

• Like 1

Teach an inefficient farmer how to grow rice more efficiently and he will struggle to make a decent income.

Teach an inefficient farmer to depend on a subsidy and you have bought his vote forever. At least until the money runs out.

JR, You have summed up the Obama presidency in just 2 sentences, kudos to you my friend thumbsup.gif

Simple, audit the people in charge. Charge them with criminal act and seize their assets and start paying the farmers. Stop handing the blame on someone else. How PTP is that!

Edited by aimbc

A Response to

tingtongteesood, on 28 Jan 2014 - 00:43, said:

Everything that troll posts is complete and utter biased brain washed crap, don't waste any time or brain cells trying to understand him....

My Response

Wow, on coming home, I saw 55 quoted my postings on various topics. 53 of these were the usual no substance, baseless unsubstantiated accusations, name calling like this one here.

For sure, I am not going to waste time responding to these. It will be the same type of response from these people.

They are more here in these forum I can exchange opinions and comments with them with the hope of bringing unity to Thailand.

• Like 1

It is most apparent that they have little in the way of intellect however when are they going to grow some balls and simply do what they say they are going to do. For several weeks this divisive government who simply do not have the cash have been lying through their teeth , Next week and then again next week. The money is gone and you are not going to get paid anytime soon, meanwhile they are playing games with your partisan stupidity.