Cambodian citizens implicated in murder of Thai protester in Bang-na

webfact

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fact is, a peaceful man, who was not afraid to speak the truth and expose Thaksin's wrongdoings, is now dead.

In this case, we can definitely see, who benefited the most, from this murder.

And you wouldn't have to think too hard as to who gave the nod .................

• Like 1

Well it could be any of a list of viable suspects, including this version.

Clearly there is no longer any compunction not to shoot protest leaders.

Who benefits from their deaths is also a unclear and flexible concept.

Factions in BOTH sides can use it to their benefit, the main losers are of course the deceased,

and the silent majority of Thais wishing to get on with their lives and have this political war close down.

Elite vs elite is only partly the story, it is also about the will of the people

to not be trampled by the winning side any more than for their side to go trampling others.

That would be the majorities position if one can be stated.

Fairness for ALL and no one takes undue advantage.

But that doesn't fit in the feudal Kow Tow mindset of politicians

"the main losers are of course the deceased"

Understatement of the century??coffee1.gif

The deceased are the winners. They won't have to hear about this BS anymore.

you are correct about the BS although not very PC

Oh please. Lets not go down the "Thai wouldn't use a thai flag to hurt someone because they love their country so much".

Thais never shoot each other right?

No but they had planks of wood too, but they still grabbed that flag-stick from the wounded man (who tried to keep hold of it) and used it offensively as a weapon. Seemed odd to me they would use the flag in such a way. As for shooting/being violent, I know a lot of people from back home who are violent but they still salute their home nation flag and would never use it in a way that sullies its image. But like I said in my post, it was just something that struck me as odd in the video. Its not even like a flag-stick is very solid as a weapon anyway - it looked more like it was intended to insult.

My guess is that it was PDRC taking out one of their own

This isn't 2010.

What proof was there then?

When the Italian journalist was killed it was also blamed on the men in black trying to frame the military and yet :

29th May 2013 "Bangkok Criminal Court on Wednesday ruled that Italian journalist Fabio Polenghi was killed by a bullet fired by the security forces"

His family didn't stop fighting and the truth came out.

• Like 1

Everyone knew that Suthin was the biggest thorn in Thaksin's involvement in PTT. He was the one bringing all the dirt to the surface of the shady company and dealings. This opportunity to take him out was just a matter of convenience so it could look like it was protest related when it actually was not.

As much as I deplore murder there is another way of looking at it.

If he had not been trying to take away peoples basic right to vote, he would not have been at that junction and he would not have been shot.

Had he been at home with his family he would be alive today. Had he been protesting at one of the main protest sites he would be alive today.

He made a decision to lead protestors to commit the criminal offense of blocking Thai citizens right to vote.

So whilst it is sad and I deplore the murder of anyone, his actions and breaking the law had an impact on the end, in which he got shot.

The cries of "Cambodians" is just a poor attempt to get the army to come out and have a coup #fail #desperate.

Whilst the cries of "Vietnamese" might have worked in getting the army to put down the students in 1973, this kind of desperation will not work in 2014

All in my opinion of course.

My guess is that it was PDRC taking out one of their own

This isn't 2010.

What proof was there then?

When the Italian journalist was killed it was also blamed on the men in black trying to frame the military and yet :

29th May 2013 "Bangkok Criminal Court on Wednesday ruled that Italian journalist Fabio Polenghi was killed by a bullet fired by the security forces"

His family didn't stop fighting and the truth came out.

I would suggest that, if you are Cambodian there is no need to hide your face as the Thai system does not have your face and ID card number in it.

I would suggest that if you are Thai you need to hide your face else someone will catch you.

In view of that its quite possible the grenade thrower might have been a foreigner.

In view of that its plausible the Men In Black in 2010 were army infiltrators sent "behind enemy lines" with weapons and also arson equipment to justify the use of live ammo against red shirts and to damage their reputation by setting fire to a few things.

Many things are possible and plausible however, they are just fantasy until there are facts to back them up.

So where are the facts ?

Just my opinion of course.

I don't know, if that murder was done by Cambodian or Thai killers, but Sutheps intelligence network might be superior to my simple knowledge.

But what I know is, that the Thai police can't be trusted one millimetre, even if there are some good people in between. They are rated the second most corrupt group, second only to the customs department. They are known to lie, to tamper with evidence, to extortion and even to killing. So if need be, I would not entrust them with my safety.

As for Khun Suthin's killer, I suspect(ed) that were Red Shirts from Samut Prakarn, who were wipped into a frenzy by agitators, who told them to make an example of the protesters. Reminds me very much of Navaphon and Krating Daeng youngsters from upcountry, who were brought in for the 1976 killing of the Thammasat students...

Who are the forces providing protection, moral support and financing for Suthep's crusade? Who were the forces providing similar backing to the 1976 murderers including Krating Daeng? They wouldn't be the same by any chance? And if the backers were essentially the same wouldn't that be ironic?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Suthin Tarathin, a staunch, leading protester, was shot dead and five others injured as they blockaded the advance election at the polling booth at Wat Sri-eam. It was believed that they were shot by gunmen from the rooftop of nearby buildings.

Seems a lot more likely to me he was shot by the red shirts who attacked them, not by a Khmer special forces sniper on a rooftop...

If it was Cambodians, i hope they had a visa and work permit ! Maybe they'll catch them on their 90 day report !!!!

More nonsense from the mouth of the madman!!bah.gif

Thais don't any help in committing violence! Something they are very good at themselves!

It's not nonsense. I think it's premature to conclude that it's Thaksin and the Red Shirts or Yingluck and crew. I think that keeping in mind that it could be any number of people behind that particular shooting (or the shooting of the protestor who took the police sign down). It might have been Cambodians. Who knows.

• Like 2

So Suthep says it may be a Cambodian and this rates a news story? At least he can supply a credible source for such an inflammatory story, can't he? No? Then please don't repeat more of his outrageous statements as "news." Propaganda should be left in the streets where it originated.

there are tons of light evidence that some Cambodians (soldiers?) have been imported. But for you it is most probably also just propaganda that Suthin was shot at the same time from 2 directions and in the head, which clearly shows that it was planed by someone who knows about shooting.

I thought they were special forces snipers.

Why the need from two directions? Maybe they know nothing about shooting!

Also 80, bit difficult to cover that up I would have thought.

Just speculation and rantings.

More nonsense from the mouth of the madman!!bah.gif

Thais don't any help in committing violence! Something they are very good at themselves!

It's not nonsense. I think it's premature to conclude that it's Thaksin and the Red Shirts or Yingluck and crew. I think that keeping in mind that it could be any number of people behind that particular shooting (or the shooting of the protestor who took the police sign down). It might have been Cambodians. Who knows.

I totally agree with you. But please go to bed now. Put the medicine under your tongue and get some sleep. IT MIGHT ALSO HAVE BEEN ESKIMOS WITH A DISTURBED GPS. Jezus!

So Suthep says it may be a Cambodian and this rates a news story? At least he can supply a credible source for such an inflammatory story, can't he? No? Then please don't repeat more of his outrageous statements as "news." Propaganda should be left in the streets where it originated.

there are tons of light evidence that some Cambodians (soldiers?) have been imported. But for you it is most probably also just propaganda that Suthin was shot at the same time from 2 directions and in the head, which clearly shows that it was planed by someone who knows about shooting.

I think the Cambodians are a little busy in Cambodia with demonstrations there.

Suffice to say Hun Sen has shown some morals and not accused all the violent protestors in Cambodia of being Thai.

As for Suthep....................

All in my opinion.

• Like 1

Alice in Wonderland more believable than anything from this guy's mouth...

You never fail. Of course Thaksin and Hun Sen don't share anything at all in their ruthlessness to maintain their dictatorships. Are you completely unable to weigh the crimes against Thaksin with any objectivity at all?

Or perhaps you need a signed affidavit from Sen and Thaksin before you can string together the ongoing political narrative?? Asshat.

Regardless as to whether one may place credence in Suthep's story, a man has been killed. He was shot. He was unarmed. The police were not there, as is always the case. The police arrived well after the fact, as is always the case. The police gathered evidence, as is always the case. And that is the sum total of their investigation, as is always the case. What reality do you find more acceptable ? - that the police through their lack of presence become the defacto enablers of armed vigilante murderers ? - or that others might have been involved ? Does it change the nature of the crime ? Does it change the monstrousness of the act ? Or like the Nazi generals who refused to look at the video clips at Nuremberg, do you prefer to look the other way ?

Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong about this...

But from following the news day to day, I don't believe the Thai police thus far have arrested ANY ONE in connection with ANY of the attacks / shootings / bombings directed at the anti-government protesters. Not any of the incidents in Bangkok, and not any of the few that have occurred outside Bangkok as well. And time has now passed since most of those incidents.

Looking at the situation, a reaonable person might well conclude that the police don't seem particularly motivated to find those responsible for the attacks, nor do they seem to be doing much to prevent such attacks by either a] monitoring security around protest sites and/or b] monitoring security around the election polling sites.

• Like 1

What Suthep says is news ...

He's managed to neutralize the Government .... or haven't you noticed.

Suthep really hasn't nuetralized the Government except where his supporters have directly occupied government facilities and interferred with utilities to interrupt government workers doing their jobs. ...

NEXT I'm going to read a new propaganda spiel from the Thaksin regime suggesting how the farmers would all be paid by now if not for those pesky protesters preventing us from accessing our offices so we can cut the cheques.

I agree, 80 snipers on roof tops? the guy was probably shot because he was preventing other Thais from casting their votes, yet there will always be "someone" who will publish inflammanatory false statements for good reading! Cnn comes to mind. and maybe the nation? or thai visa forum?

SO IN YOUR WORLD, people go off to elections carrying rifles and weapons of aggression just in case someone gets in the way to the ballot box? Are you completely insane? One face crying 'my democratic right to vote' and the other face sneering 'I'll shoot anyone who dare stand in my way'.

Some village is missing its idiot.

I think the Cambodians are a little busy in Cambodia with demonstrations there.

Suffice to say Hun Sen has shown some morals and not accused all the violent protestors in Cambodia of being Thai.

As for Suthep....................

All in my opinion.

"Suffice to say Hun Sen has shown some morals "

NEXT UP, the Nobel Peace Prize. Hun Sen and morals is an oxymoron. What a maroon!

Suthin Tarathin, a staunch, leading protester, was shot dead and five others injured as they blockaded the advance election at the polling booth at Wat Sri-eam. It was believed that they were shot by gunmen from the rooftop of nearby buildings.

Seems a lot more likely to me he was shot by the red shirts who attacked them, not by a Khmer special forces sniper on a rooftop...

Yeh, but Suthep saying they were told that there were a number of snipers on the rooftop, how come those in harm's way weren't notified?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Looking at the video of the shooting it doesn't seem likely it was a sniper or Cambodian. More likely angry red shirts. A Cambodian wouldn't hang around hitting the truck after the shooting.

Suthin Taratin shot dead in Bangkok - YouTube

Unedited version

Edited by Denim

Plenty of rumour now and in the past on Thai media grapevine and gossip that Cambodians are being hired to do the dirty work, even voting on behalf of long deceased people.

The Mrs say's she's never come across a Cambodian who's accent isn't instantly identifiable, so it shouldn't be too difficult sorting them out at the polling stations; especially as they drive around in convoys of 200, are all dressed in black and tote AK47's around!

Well it could be any of a list of viable suspects, including this version.

Clearly there is no longer any compunction not to shoot protest leaders.

Who benefits from their deaths is also a unclear and flexible concept.

Factions in BOTH sides can use it to their benefit, the main losers are of course the deceased,

and the silent majority of Thais wishing to get on with their lives and have this political war close down.

Elite vs elite is only partly the story, it is also about the will of the people

to not be trampled by the winning side any more than for their side to go trampling others.

That would be the majorities position if one can be stated.

Fairness for ALL and no one takes undue advantage.

But that doesn't fit in the feudal Kow Tow mindset of politicians

"the main losers are of course the deceased"

Understatement of the century??coffee1.gif

The deceased are the winners. They won't have to hear about this BS anymore.

& get free funerals!