Chalerm tells protesters to leave govt offices in 72 hours or face arrests

Lite Beer

Do you know that even if he has an international warrant that he can run to a country that does not comply with extradition from certain countries, say dubai and thailand duh. How do you think snowden is still a free man in russia?

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Protesters given 72 hours to move out of Government Complex

chalerm-1-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Anti-government protesters were given 72 hours to move out of the Government Complex at Chaeng Wattana, otherwise they will face police raid and arrests, warned head of the Centre for Maintaining Peace and Order (CMPO) Chalerm Yubamrung on Monday.

However, Chalerm said that there were third-hand elements out there who would unhesitatingly put the blame on the government if force was used to disperse the protesters. Also, he added that caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra didn’t want to see violence.

The labour minister expressed regret for the death of a core protester leader, Mr Suthin Thrathin, who was shot dead on Sunday by thugs near Wat Sri-iam in Bang Na after the victim led protesters to disrupt advance voting inside the temple.

However, he blamed protest leader Suthep Thaugsuban for Mr Suthin’s death saying that had Mr Suthep not ordered the protesters to shut down all the polling units, the victim should not have been shot dead.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/protesters-given-72-hours-move-government-complex/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=protesters-given-72-hours-move-government-complex

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-01-27

I know this may be far fetched coming from Chalerm, but pehaps he is looking to divert the hardliners from the main sites, as surely the heavies will now go to the public offices. Once they are entrenched there, the police will have a better chance of arresting Suthep. Alternatively, he may be enticing Suthep to make more threats for which he can be charged with later or maybe he is vying to become the next prime minister whistling.gif .

Do you know that even if he has an international warrant that he can run to a country that does not comply with extradition from certain countries, say dubai and thailand duh. How do you think snowden is still a free man in russia?

Well I would not count Russia as good example.But what I remember is Thaksin was In Germany,England,Montenegro and and and.Those countries give a s... on the warrant because they know what's going on in Thailand

Poor Yingluck, a fluffy dumb rabbit caught between the interests of family and state. How can an older brother sacrifice this rabbit, his baby sister, using a mangy wolf like Chalerm to do his dirty work.

I thought Chinese had respect for family!

<< Foreign language removed >>

Edited by metisdead
This is an English language forum, English is the only acceptable language, except in the Thai language forum where Thai language is allowed.
  • Like 1

I can't recall that Obama handed out 10 USD cash in the slums for a vote. As well he didn't tried to make some amnesty law for his brother.

Seriously, get over this! I do not like Thaksin and yes he is a corrupt jerk, but I feel a bit tired of using this as an excuse to ignore the majority of voters and everything else.

There is corruption in every Thai election on both sides and everyone knows it. Thaksin's populist appeal is very popular, and that is what got him into office, not a few hundred baht paid to some voters.

• Like 1

Sounds to me there are a lot of people here who fail to see what really is going on. We all know the Thaskin people pay big money to organise protesters when needed. Like at election time. TheThaskin supporters are demanding their so called right to an election to yet again declare to the world they are the voice of the people. The fact is however, it is a known scam .The buying of the vote. How far would a billionairs few million here and there go to be confident of the outcome of any election. What some of you are accusing the so called elite and rich callous conservatives of is denying the democratic rights of the people,There are many ways to justify their concern when the outcome is a cinch of who will win.. In my opinion the billions of dollars lost to the nation and therebye all Thai's both red or yellow is of vital interest to everyone. It must as many things do,have an outcome. I think the business class have the same rights to disagree with the way things are going as are the opposit side. Thais are not stupid. They have their ways of doing things as anyone married to a Thai or having lived here a long time would know. We cannot put a western way of dealing with the way Thailand deals with their problems. The fact the Army seems more than willing to stay out of it is a good sign. A lot of face saving involved here . It is an attepted coup but not by the army but a group opposed to government under the Thaskin family. The royalists have the right to protect the business interests of the rich and produtive without which the country would be very different without. For me? I watch with interest . I don't want to get into any debates but any feed back would be intersting I'm sure.The more one side is known for violence than the average peacful protester is, in my opinion a sign of who will prevail in this current situation. Very interestng to watch history frome ones armchair.

Why not ask Thaksin to turn him self in….????

Do you actually know there is an international warrant for khun Thaksin?And did you know that the rest of the world does not care about that?I wonder why.Is it maybe because his sentence was political motivated and he got sentenced by the same people who kicked him out?

If you mean by "international warrant" the one that the Democrats had Interpol issue, forget, It was a flat out lie. Interpol clearly stated they had NO warrant out for Thaksin's arrest, nor had one been requested by the Thai (Democrat) government. It was later found out to be a lie by the then Foreign Minister, a staunch member of PAD.

Snatch squads is a good tactic.

Send out around 20 squads all over the place and then stop and arrest a group at one place, then another, then another, then another, all at different places.

The SOE is in effect and so it is perfectly legal for the police to do it, which is why the PDRC are now in the courts trying to get the SOE revoked asap.

There is basically only a few thousand protestors now and there is very limited local support after recent events, even less so after the blocking of voters, so the time is now right for the police to go arrest a load of them.

All in my opinion of course.

Sounds to me there are a lot of people here who fail to see what really is going on. We all know the Thaskin people pay big money to organise protesters when needed. Like at election time. TheThaskin supporters are demanding their so called right to an election to yet again declare to the world they are the voice of the people. The fact is however, it is a known scam .The buying of the vote. How far would a billionairs few million here and there go to be confident of the outcome of any election. What some of you are accusing the so called elite and rich callous conservatives of is denying the democratic rights of the people,There are many ways to justify their concern when the outcome is a cinch of who will win.. In my opinion the billions of dollars lost to the nation and therebye all Thai's both red or yellow is of vital interest to everyone. It must as many things do,have an outcome. I think the business class have the same rights to disagree with the way things are going as are the opposit side. Thais are not stupid. They have their ways of doing things as anyone married to a Thai or having lived here a long time would know. We cannot put a western way of dealing with the way Thailand deals with their problems. The fact the Army seems more than willing to stay out of it is a good sign. A lot of face saving involved here . It is an attepted coup but not by the army but a group opposed to government under the Thaskin family. The royalists have the right to protect the business interests of the rich and produtive without which the country would be very different without. For me? I watch with interest . I don't want to get into any debates but any feed back would be intersting I'm sure.The more one side is known for violence than the average peacful protester is, in my opinion sign of who will prevail in this current situation. Very interestng to watch history from ones armchair.

Send out around 20 squads all over the place and then stop and arrest a group at one place, then another, then another, then another, all at different places.

The SOE is in effect and so it is perfectly legal for the police to do it, which is why the PDRC are now in the courts trying to get the SOE revoked asap.

There is basically only a few thousand protestors now and there is very limited local support after recent events, even less so after the blocking of voters, so the time is now right for the police to go arrest a load of them.

Of course, and a very level headed opinion it is.thumbsup.gif

Now let's wait and see if your snatch squad idea is put into practice and we'll see the streets running with..............

protesters.

Well I would not count Russia as good example.But what I remember is Thaksin was In Germany,England,Montenegro and and and.Those countries give a s... on the warrant because they know what's going on in Thailand

UK revoked his visa

he swore revenge when he got back into power

The government, whose strategy and tactics up til now have been very effective, have made an error in putting Chalerm in charge of enforcing the SOE decree. He is a controversial and polarizing individual. Bad choice, which might have very unfortunate consequences.

May this madness end, and soon. Enough.

• Like 1

Who gives this Chalerm guy the authority to tell anyone what to do?

What emergency decree?

Wasn't the state of emergency aka SOE illegal because those that called it don't have the authority to do so.

He can't order the police to do anything can he?

These will be paid mercenaries compliments of the coward in Dubai

Assault units? So he does want violence. Can't wait till he gets his cold plate of karma served up to him. What a sick, drunken parasite.

What do to think would happen if a group of thugs occupied the White House or the Elysee Palace?

Do you think other countries would send clowns to join the party and provide entertainment?

Nope. Assault teams. And much sooner. They wouldn't wait 3 months.

Completely agree with you as I do the below.

What do to think would happen if a group of terrorists threatened to blow up LPG truck, grenade attacks at Thai banks, attacked Thai charity with grenades, stormed parliament, attacked NPP and TPI buildings with M16 and grenades, stormed police hospital, stormed TV station, bomb attacked on electricity pylons, 2 police taken hostage, destroy CCTV cameras, dumped tyres on sky train tracks?

Do you think other countries would send clowns to join the party and provide entertainment?

JACKY BOY, you can remove both your size 17 clown feet from your stupid mouth now ! cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Assault units? So he does want violence. Can't wait till he gets his cold plate of karma served up to him. What a sick, drunken parasite.

What do to think would happen if a group of thugs occupied the White House or the Elysee Palace?

its thailand.why do you keep bringing up other countries which have nothing to do with this topic......stay on topic eh..coffee1.gif

It's useless to argue with drunken douches. He is just another fool who thinks everyone who fights for freedom and their country is either terrorist or fascist.

Although I have a lot of american friends who are really nice open-minded folks, there are still quite a few brainwashed others :(

More drunken rantings from The Headless one.

The only task this man is capable of finishing is his drinks cabinet.

put this clown in a dog case and sent it to Vietnam..... delicatesse on the menu for the restaurant customers coffee1.gif

In the news today about KIm Fat Kid or whatever rounding up the remaining family members of his Uncles famliy ...you remember Old Kim Jong Pal. dog food ..all dead

All actions suit your and the great leaders return. God can you imagine the slaughter if Taksin returns to Thailand??

Sounds to me there are a lot of people here who fail to see what really is going on. We all know the Thaskin people pay big money to organise protesters when needed. Like at election time. TheThaskin supporters are demanding their so called right to an election to yet again declare to the world they are the voice of the people. The fact is however, it is a known scam .The buying of the vote. How far would a billionairs few million here and there go to be confident of the outcome of any election. What some of you are accusing the so called elite and rich callous conservatives of is denying the democratic rights of the people,There are many ways to justify their concern when the outcome is a cinch of who will win.. In my opinion the billions of dollars lost to the nation and therebye all Thai's both red or yellow is of vital interest to everyone. It must as many things do,have an outcome. I think the business class have the same rights to disagree with the way things are going as are the opposit side. Thais are not stupid. They have their ways of doing things as anyone married to a Thai or having lived here a long time would know. We cannot put a western way of dealing with the way Thailand deals with their problems. The fact the Army seems more than willing to stay out of it is a good sign. A lot of face saving involved here . It is an attepted coup but not by the army but a group opposed to government under the Thaskin family. The royalists have the right to protect the business interests of the rich and produtive without which the country would be very different without. For me? I watch with interest . I don't want to get into any debates but any feed back would be intersting I'm sure.The more one side is known for violence than the average peacful protester is, in my opinion sign of who will prevail in this current situation. Very interestng to watch history from ones armchair.

YOU fail to see something. Vote buying is not (only) a privilege for Shinawatra. It is IN the system for decades. Not only cash, false promises are vote buying as well. Your post is another none goer that if the Thaksin era has finished, Thailand will be a perfect democracy. It won't, these things need their time and evolution. And in the mean time we need leadership. And not anarchy in the streets by someone adding oil to the fire of xenofobism stating 'it might have been Khmers behind the assassination'. We HAVE to clean the street s

No idea where you get your numbers from , but I just saw 10 buses full of protesters leaving small agricultural community in the south heading to Bangkok. That's about 500 folks. According to you, the protesters are only 4-5 such communities. Keep dreaming !