Does anyone else working legally in phuket feel like they are getting increasingly shafted?

illy

"On Paper" is cheating. I don't have a problem with that though, except I get caught . Problem is trusting two non working Thais to not play it to their advantage and extort from me and the current workers won't appreciate having their income dropped They are entiltled to severance etc based on that stated income.

Anyway the situation is intolerable, the rules are absurd, unworkable, xenophobic, etc just wish I'd known it before.

Pretty much have nothing nice to say about the way it is run, so.. Thanks for the responses, but

It's time to say... Sayanaro

Appreciate your responses but...Paying two guys 700 baht a day leaves no money for two more. I need the two guys so..

Either I cheat, or I don't. Usually in my life I have found when I try to cheat I get caught and made an example of .

Not sure why the head of the Social Security office would tell me wrong, but they will not enroll me. " Owners do not get medical coverage".

Simply employ 2 more on paper, and pay for all 4 the minimum required social security. All in all you'll be paying about the same as you're paying now, and you abide by the rules.

BTW Ubon Joe answered a query in Visa/ WP / etc forum has not heard of any new rule about WP not being able to be procured on multi entry visas.

I m doing my work permit today, via my partner NOT the accountant... a LOT of paperwork blood test, medical certificate ,photo of work place. photo of company sign at place of work,etc etc...

will be on my usual multi entry Non B visa...will advise if any issues later...

Edited by illy

I m doing my work permit today, via my partner NOT the accountant... a LOT of paperwork blood test, medical certificate ,photo of work place. photo of company sign at place of work,etc etc...

will be on my usual multi entry Non B visa...will advise if any issues later...

Yes it does take some time and effort to collect/copy/collate all the necessary supporting paperwork. But even with an accountant you would still need to do much of that leg work yourself. I estimate I spend 3 hours locating and coping all the documents required, another 2 hours to get the medical certificate, another 2 hours updating the company papers (if 6 months old then not accepted). So I spent most of a day just preparing the thick bundle of papers to support my WP renewal.

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE:

finally got my work permit back today...took a while....no issues with multi entry visa as mentioned above.

consulate that I couldn't renew my WP on a multi entry visa]

Only gave me 6 months though this time not 12 months.

UPDATE:

finally got my work permit back today...took a while....no issues with multi entry visa as mentioned above.

Congratulations. As it happens I picked up my one year renewal this morning.

Trouble with a multi entry visa is that the WP can only be extended for the validity of the visa stamp. If you have a WP you should try and apply for the one year extension based on WP and income.

how long did it take you get it from initial submission to receiving?

will look into that extension next time for sure

UPDATE:

Trouble with a multi entry visa is that the WP can only be extended for the validity of the visa stamp. If you have a WP you should try and apply for the one year extension based on WP and income.

My initial submission was 3 Jan, as my renewal date is 4th Jan. I just submitted a rough cut of the paperwork as it's never accepted as always something new/unexpected. They scan through the documents submitted, list what is missing, and issue a slip to come back in 10 days. That's Ok as now I am registered in the renewal process. Back on 13 Jan armed with all the required documents. But the doctor's certificate was not accepted, issued a ticket in another 10 days. By then the Labour office was closed by the mob. So I wandered back in about 29th Jan, application accepted. Told to come back on 7 Feb. Back that date, WP not ready, told to come back a vague later. So i called round yesterday 20 Feb. Paid my 3,000 baht fee and good for another year until 4 Jan 2015.

yes, its a very 'efficient' and fast process...NOT

you are right about the initial paperwork..no matter what you do and read and research they always seem to make up or have a new requirement where your paperwork is wrong...glad I am not the only one that finds this

My initial submission was 3 Jan, as my renewal date is 4th Jan. I just submitted a rough cut of the paperwork as it's never accepted as always something new/unexpected. They scan through the documents submitted, list what is missing, and issue a slip to come back in 10 days. That's Ok as now I am registered in the renewal process. Back on 13 Jan armed with all the required documents. But the doctor's certificate was not accepted, issued a ticket in another 10 days. By then the Labour office was closed by the mob. So I wandered back in about 29th Jan, application accepted. Told to come back on 7 Feb. Back that date, WP not ready, told to come back a vague later. So i called round yesterday 20 Feb. Paid my 3,000 baht fee and good for another year until 4 Jan 2015.

UPDATE:

I am on multi-entry non-B for the last few years and my WP was always extended for exactly 1 year without any regard to my visa expiration date.

yes its always a bit strange in Thailand, the rules just change randomly it seems. the Brisbane [Aust] consulate told me [3 days AFTER I had paid the fee of course] that the dept of labour will not issue WP renewals on a multi entry visa. pissed me off no end but thought what the hell will just see what happens...turns out no problem at all.

for the last 2 years I have received a 12 months WP no problem. this time they tell me due to my job description [professional musician] that I will only get 6 month renewals from now on..if I have my WP description as company director[which I am] I can have 12 months but cant work outside of home /office which of course is useless to me

they also somehow managed to cock up the dates and short change me with the renewal period to 5 months and 1 week somehow too....jeez!!!

Edited by illy

I am on multi-entry non-B for the last few years and my WP was always extended for exactly 1 year without any regard to my visa expiration date.

That's interesting. Must admit that it all depends on the mood of the day/week/year. In the past I only was issued a one month extension from Labour while waiting for my annual one year extension from Immigration, once the one year came through then apply to Labour for the other 11 months. One year Labour even asked me if I would like a 2 year WP extension - wow, yes please. Paid my 6 grand and given 2 years. Bliss, not back for 2 years. Next time round asked for the 2 years, oh no, only one year maximum ... oh well TIT.

That's interesting. Must admit that it all depends on the mood of the day/week/year. In the past I only was issued a one month extension from Labour while waiting for my annual one year extension from Immigration, once the one year came through then apply to Labour for the other 11 months. One year Labour even asked me if I would like a 2 year WP extension - wow, yes please. Paid my 6 grand and given 2 years. Bliss, not back for 2 years. Next time round asked for the 2 years, oh no, only one year maximum ... oh well TIT.

I believe the regulation tying the dates of WP and a visa was abandoned in 2009. I also received a 2-year WP extension once, in 2009.

Edited by Gregory Morozov

I believe the regulation tying the dates of WP and a visa was abandoned in 2009. I also received a 2-year WP extension once, in 2009.

I did not know that regulation was abandonned. I'll file that knowledge away for future reference.