Thai govt may let EC decide: February 2 election

webfact

My Thai wife and many of her Thai friends have been in Bkk now for over 2 weeks as protestors

Forget about what the leaders want, this is what the Thai people who are protesting feel

Stop Taskin getting his GET OUT OF JAIL FREE CARD

Something that many members want him to get, here on Thai Visa

If the next election is held at a time that Taskin can not get this home free card then:

1) It was the PTP Party that caused all these problems trying to push through an amnesty that was against all Thais at the beginning so they should be responsible for the costs and lost of Face

2) The Dems should be part of the next resheduled election and see if the people want them or not

3) If there is a decent Issan Party formed and runs, that want the best for Issan and Thailand they with get her vote and the vote of her friends

5) all parties should agree and sign that if the PM reshedules that this can not be held against her at a later time, but does not forgive her of any other crimes she has committed , if any

6) if the above happens, she and her friends will return home, even if Suthep wants to continue the protest, but reserves the right to return, if the PTP go back on their word, like they have done many times before

7) if the Democrats can not do there reform issues in the 5 month talked about, then this is their bad luck, and should not stop another election

My rights to make these statements

Both my self and all my friends are THAI

Are you sure that all your Thai wife is doing is protesting?

Also, are you Thai or are you not? I'm totally confused. In some posts (such as this), you claim to be Thai. In some others, you say you are not. Also, if ALL your friends are Thai, I suggest making a few more friends (hard as that might be) who are of different nationalities so as to expand your horizons a little. Just saying.

• Like 2

'THE CARETAKER government is likely to pass the hot potato of rescheduling the February 2 elections over to the Election Commission (EC) when caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra meets election commissioners today.

A source in the ruling Pheu Thai Party said yesterday that the government was expected to ask the EC to set a new election date. Also, the caretaker PM has reportedly been advised by the party's legal team to ask the EC to shoulder the Bt1.88 billion it would cost to hold an election, the source said.

The election commissioners would also be asked to ensure that no legal action will be taken against the PM or her government if the caretaker Cabinet issues a royal decree rescheduling the election.'

The OP says different.

I was right. Logic isn't your strong point. The government clearly has a better grasp of the subtleties of what's going on here and is playing a very clever game. Every move made by the anti democracy mob is turned back against them. Impressive!

you have your facts screwed up, they are not the govt as they resigned, remember. They are the ones that chose to ignore the courts decision and push ahead with the vote so again they are at fault. They are simply temporarily there and have no power other than day to day business, they cannot even take out a loan so they are not legally the govt as you keep trying to point out or do you have a problem with facts that are different to what you want them to be

I must have missed that one. Which court decided that the elections could not take place? You understand that the elections had the Royal seal of approval?

Edited by metisdead
30) Do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes, added emoticons, or altered wording.

The election can be rescheduled by decree, and there a court decision to back it up.

Why do you persist in posting <deleted> that you know to be false?

The court ruling was issued on Friday, before the votes were cast. Now that the election is under way the ruling is redundant. Maybe logic isn't your strong point.

If the government and/or the EC try to interrupt an election which is under way they will quickly find themselves on the wrong end of law suits from both voters and political parties. This is yet another trap laid by the anti democracy terrorists and I doubt if this government will fall for it.

'THE CARETAKER government is likely to pass the hot potato of rescheduling the February 2 elections over to the Election Commission (EC) when caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra meets election commissioners today.

A source in the ruling Pheu Thai Party said yesterday that the government was expected to ask the EC to set a new election date. Also, the caretaker PM has reportedly been advised by the party's legal team to ask the EC to shoulder the Bt1.88 billion it would cost to hold an election, the source said.

The election commissioners would also be asked to ensure that no legal action will be taken against the PM or her government if the caretaker Cabinet issues a royal decree rescheduling the election.'

The OP says different.

I was right. Logic isn't your strong point. The government clearly has a better grasp of the subtleties of what's going on here and is playing a very clever game. Every move made by the anti democracy mob is turned back against them. Impressive!

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

What a load more crap. Scary thing is he seems to really believe it is true, too much red propaganda....

• Like 1

It wasn't me, it wasn't me, it was them.

Spineless.

I know nothing anyway, so what are you talking about?

But at least now I know why some posters here seem to truly admire the decisiveness and political savvy of the care-taking PM. The one who during a censure debate said

"Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra yesterday responded to persistent claims her administration is run by her brother, the former PM Thaksin, saying: "There is only one Thai Cabinet and it's led by me.""

The prime minister also brushed aside the accusation of not heeding the advice of the NACC and accomodating corruption, saying the government had worked with all sectors to tackle corruption and made suppression of corruption an urgent national agenda, to be pursued along with the urgent issues of the economy and the well-being of the public."

Edited by rubl

If a TV member had posted the OP everybody would be on his case with a "source please or you have no credibility "

This OP is just disinformation and black propaganda.

Wait for the announcement after this afternoons meeting and we can then comment on something more than conjecture.

The election can be rescheduled by decree, and there a court decision to back it up.

Why do you persist in posting <deleted> that you know to be false?

The court ruling was issued on Friday, before the votes were cast. Now that the election is under way the ruling is redundant. Maybe logic isn't your strong point.

If the government and/or the EC try to interrupt an election which is under way they will quickly find themselves on the wrong end of law suits from both voters and political parties. This is yet another trap laid by the anti democracy terrorists and I doubt if this government will fall for it.

The OP says different.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

What a load more crap. Scary thing is he seems to really believe it is true, too much red propaganda....

(Keeping your finger on the emoticon button just makes you look dumb).

Why not put your money where your emoticon is. I predict that the election will go ahead as planned on Sunday. If anyone thinks they know better then put your thumbprint down here and the loser, or losers, donate 1,000 baht to the Fr. Ray Foundation, which is my favourite charity. Any takers?

yep im up for that as long as it isnt going to some religious "mob"bah.gif

If a TV member had posted the OP everybody would be on his case with a "source please or you have no credibility "

This OP is just disinformation and black propaganda.

Wait for the announcement after this afternoons meeting and we can then comment on something more than conjecture.

I guess it's just who you ask.

""We insist that the election on February 2 must be held because the majority of people want the election," Surapong Tovichakchaikul told reporters, speaking ahead of a meeting between the prime minister and the Election Commission, which wants to delay the vote."

The Yingluck administration has its fangs out.

" But a former Pheu Thai minister said the government may postpone the poll if the EC could convince the Democrat Party to contest the election and that no legal action would be taken against the caretaker PM if it was postponed. "

Welcome to the magical world of Thaksin. The Yingluck administration will allow the EC to postpone the election if they agree to ensure that the Democratic party contests the election.The EC does not have the power to persuade any political party in this country to participate in anything. And the constitution does not request that any party that does not wish to participate in an election must do so, and further to that, the constitution does not require that in order for an election to go forward all parties must participate. Because if there was such a provision, it would have been enacted in this election and every previous election which a party has decided to boycott, including the Democratic party. What Pheu Thai are after is a magical, child's dream. And it is reckless to boot. They have set a trap, and seriously expect the EC to willingly step in it ? It is abundantly clear what the EC should do. They should say no.

Nothing moving, I'd say

"Caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra Tuesday proposed that only constituencies or polling stations with problems should have their election date rescheduled.

She raised the proposal during the meeting with the Election Commission. The meeting has not been concluded yet.

She wanted the constituencies, which have no candidates, and the constituencies, whose advance polling stations were blocked, to have a new election date."

The Yingluck administration has its fangs out.

" But a former Pheu Thai minister said the government may postpone the poll if the EC could convince the Democrat Party to contest the election and that no legal action would be taken against the caretaker PM if it was postponed. "

Welcome to the magical world of Thaksin. The Yingluck administration will allow the EC to postpone the election if they agree to ensure that the Democratic party contests the election.The EC does not have the power to persuade any political party in this country to participate in anything. And the constitution does not request that any party that does not wish to participate in an election must do so, and further to that, the constitution does not require that in order for an election to go forward all parties must participate. Because if there was such a provision, it would have been enacted in this election and every previous election which a party has decided to boycott, including the Democratic party. What Pheu Thai are after is a magical, child's dream. And it is reckless to boot. They have set a trap, and seriously expect the EC to willingly step in it ? It is abundantly clear what the EC should do. They should say no.

What Pheu Thai are after is a magical, child's dream

What Suthep wants (for the Govt to step down) is even more magical

It is abundantly clear what the EC should do. They should say no.

By the same reasoning, it is abundantly clear what PT HAVE to do.They have to say no, especially if the EC cannot guarantee no court action.

Nothing moving, I'd say

"Caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra Tuesday proposed that only constituencies or polling stations with problems should have their election date rescheduled.

She raised the proposal during the meeting with the Election Commission. The meeting has not been concluded yet.

She wanted the constituencies, which have no candidates, and the constituencies, whose advance polling stations were blocked, to have a new election date."

Sounds reasonable to me.

Nothing moving, I'd say

Sounds reasonable to me.

Sound like lots of talks, offers which were not to be taken serious, business as usual for Ms. Yingluck.

"Deputy Prime Minister Phongthep Thepkanjana said the government saw that the postponement of the election would not solve the problems. He admitted that the government and the EC disagreed on the proposal for the rescheduling of the election."

So, no solution to anything, let's just have an election for the fun of it.

Makes sense to some it would seem ermm.gif

Not only are they on. They are coming under extreme scruting now from the Real Human Rights watch, every media outfit in the world and every Government.

Suthep was on show all Sunday inciting mobs to close and obstruct stations. Then when one of the criminal gangs met another criminal gang, had a shoot out and few put in hospital, he ran off and hid in his 5 star hotel, only coming out again to spout hatred on the stage and shed crocodiles tears.

If you could read Thai, you would see some of his newpaper pals had massive red letters across the front pages on money saying "Army Aug Ma" Army come out. Which they won't.

It will be a brave little mobster who tries to prevent 40 million from voting this weekend. Lets hope they stay safe this time and leave the population free to vote for themselves.

Yingluck 1 - - - Fascists 0 today

"Deputy Prime Minister Phongthep Thepkanjana said the government saw that the postponement of the election would not solve the problems. He admitted that the government and the EC disagreed on the proposal for the rescheduling of the election."

As I mentioned in post#43, I don't see that PT has any other option.

Suthep was on show all Sunday inciting mobs to close and obstruct stations. Then when one of the criminal gangs met another criminal gang, had a shoot out and few put in hospital, he ran off and hid in his 5 star hotel, only coming out again to spout hatred on the stage and shed crocodiles tears.

Proof or shut the front door...

coffee1.gif

• Like 1

As I mentioned in post#43, I don't see that PT has any other option.

Pheu Thai? Surely you mean 'the government'?

As for options, well, with the wishi-washi attitude and all platitudes of Ms. Yingluck time is surely running out. Well done by Ms. 'wait a bit', 'give us time' Yingluck.