F1 2014

rixalex

Did anyone see the interview with the drivers?

Nico "Lewis can do a lot to keep the race clean, by driving cleanly himself."

Jensen's face was a picture. cheesy.gif

I think Nico is acutely aware that the stunt that he pulled in Belgium against his team mate, could now be used in reverse against him. I don't think it's likely, but i do think that if they are in a tight battle, Lewis is the one who can more afford to take risks, and that's a problem for Nico... and that's what these comments are about.
  • Like 1

Good Job/Year for Lewis

Had to feel bad for Nico too.

None would wish such a situation on any driver

at such a critical race.

How about Daniel Ricciardo? One for the future surely

Also nice to see two Williams drivers on the podium together too thumbsup.gif

See you guys next season

10731038_826227524111358_491298655305887

• Like 1

Well done Lewis...

Nico may be a little disappointed but he can hold his head up high, this has been his best year so far, and must be in good contention for next years championship.

Well done to Williams, may be in for some race wins next year.

I am sure next year will be every bit as exciting as the year.

Edited by Basil B
  • Like 1

Really pleased for the Williams team. While feeling sorry for Nico, I am pleased a gimmick did not decide the championship. Nico has never won 2 races on the trot 0.2 sec reaction time from green light to moving! Lewis wanted this.

• Like 1

0.2 sec reaction time from green light to moving! Lewis wanted this.

That start was picture perfect balance between timing & not lighting up the tires.

Really amazing traction + escape timing.

Watching that replay from both Nico's car & Lewis as well as overhead is just amazing

• Like 1

0.2 sec reaction time from green light to moving! Lewis wanted this.

That start was picture perfect balance between timing & not lighting up the tires.

Really amazing traction + escape timing.

Watching that replay from both Nico's car & Lewis as well as overhead is just amazing

Watching the replay, and the comment that Nico was looking in his left hand mirror. If he was looking for Lewis, He was already too late.

• Like 1

Franks in hospital, I do hope it is not too serious and he recovers soon.

Sorry to hear that & I did wonder why I did not see him

Hope it is not serous & sad he missed this celebration.

Edited by mania

Franks in hospital, I do hope it is not too serious and he recovers soon.

Sorry to hear that & I did wonder why I did not see him

Hope it is not serous & sad he missed this celebration.

Found this...

Williams team principal Sir Frank Williams is in hospital for treatment on a pressure sore on his back.

The 72-year-old, a quadriplegic since a road accident in 1986, is receiving what is described as routine treatment and is said to be responding well.

Daughter Claire Williams, the deputy team principal, is missing this weekend's US Grand Prix in Texas to be with her father.

But she will attend next weekend's race in Brazil as planned.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/29855696

After the falling out at Mercedes after Spa, must admit Niki, Toto and Paddy seem to have handled the situation well, Nico certainly did not slink of to sulk. more to the point he has joined in the celebrations, and rightly so, he has had his best year so far in his career, with many achievements and lots of silverware, and not forgetting without him Mercedes would not have the constructors crown.

with just a few loose ends to clear up like testing tomorrow then he can head off for a long belated honeymoon, and then look forward to another year where he has every chance of winning the drivers championship.

• Like 1

2015 pre season discussion anyone? A new topic?

Before we move on, just want to say how good it was that neither mechanical issues nor double points nonsense had any bearing on the final result, in the end.

Had Nico been leading with Lewis some way down the field, when Nico started having ERS problems, that really would have been a sour ending to the season. As it was, I think most are in agreement that the right man won in the end. Nico did great, but come Sundays, he just lacked that extra edge. Race wins comparison bears that out convincingly.

One thing that I am a bit curious about, is what would have happened in the event that Nico had held on to fifth and had Lewis retired, when taking into account all of the car to pit radio messages that were going on, because it seemed like they were clearly ignoring the new regulations about helping a driver race the car. I guess actually, if rules were broken, the outcome of the race is irrelevant. Might seem a bit harsh on Nico but rules need to be either enforced all the time or not at all.

• Like 1

It seems a bit harsh & cruel to have your drivers hanging on a decision this long IMHO

I mean they also need to plan for their futures & the longer they are kept hanging the

chances to move even to another branch of racing diminishes

Wait goes on for Button and Magnussen but 2015 McLaren decision expected this week

Edited by mania
  • Like 2

I have said at times I thought McLaren was being a bit rude

keeping the drivers in limbo for so long...

I never knew this story about Nigel & Williams...pretty good

http://www.motorsport.com/all/video/main-gallery/how-jenson-can-learn-from-nigel-30-years-on/

At this point, Jenson probably doesn't have much to lose. Call Ron's bluff and see what happens.

The way that he drove this season, he really doesn't deserve this. I understand that weighing against Jenson is that Kevin has more long term potential, but exactly how much potential are we talking? To my mind, if Kevin was that good, he would have run Jenson much closer this season than he did. I may be wrong, but i see him as being a solid driver who can win races, but is he going to be one of the big stars? I have my doubts. Daniel and Valterri look far more like they have what it takes to fulfill that sort of potential greatness.

• Like 1

All about Button or Magnussen

have not seen any announcement that Alonso will be there 100%........... or maybe there waiting for his answer ? Alonso appears to know what he is doing in 2015 and it will surprise his fans is about as much I have read..

Is he going to drive at McLaren ? or is it still speculation / expected by gossip

All about Button or Magnussen

have not seen any announcement that Alonso will be there 100%........... or maybe there waiting for his answer ? Alonso appears to know what he is doing in 2015 and it will surprise his fans is about as much I have read..

Is he going to drive at McLaren ? or is it still speculation / expected by gossip

From what I have read it's a done deal but they don't want to announce it until the second driver situation is sorted. Frankly, I really don't think Alonso has any other options.. at least none that give him the sort of career opportunities he expects.

http://www.motorsport.com/all/video/main-gallery/how-jenson-can-learn-from-nigel-30-years-on/

At this point, Jenson probably doesn't have much to lose. Call Ron's bluff and see what happens.

The way that he drove this season, he really doesn't deserve this. I understand that weighing against Jenson is that Kevin has more long term potential, but exactly how much potential are we talking? To my mind, if Kevin was that good, he would have run Jenson much closer this season than he did. I may be wrong, but i see him as being a solid driver who can win races, but is he going to be one of the big stars? I have my doubts. Daniel and Valterri look far more like they have what it takes to fulfill that sort of potential greatness.

Maybe Ron Dennis is waiting for JB to tell him where to put his drive ... gets RD out of a spot and he remains looking good.

Maybe Ron Dennis is waiting for JB to tell him where to put his drive ... gets RD out of a spot and he remains looking good.
You think Ron is worried about how he looks or what others think?

there's a believeable rumour going around that ALO has actually signed up with Honda

that opens a whole new can of worms :)

that might be why Macca is unable to make any decisions now ;)

they are like rabbits in the headlights

Honda supplying engine and driver is just too much for them

Button knows Honda quite well too -- I'd not be surprised to hear him doing the same trick on 2nd January when he's free of the Macca contract

bit of a dream team -- shame about Macca's inept management

Brake-in at Red Bull, or more to the point a ram raid, over sixty trophies stolen.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-30359781

wonder where Sebastian was on Friday night???whistling.gif

As Lewis was saying to Bernie the other week they are not as good as they used to be, just rather tatty trash these days. wai2.gif

Edited by Basil B