F1 2014

rixalex

My nominations:

Worst presenter ever: Alex Yoong

Worst commentator ever: David Croft

(even worse than Murray Walker - and that's saying something)

cheesy.gif Now who was it from before who was so bad I forget his name? Ooh that train took a lap and a half to pass the circuit.

Ah now I recall, Slater.

Oh God, no! I'd forgotten about him. Now the nightmares will start again...

I was watching Hungry Sailors on Discovery. It's food programme about a father and son sailinfg around Great Britain's coast. Meeting people and inviting them to eat on the boat eating local produce. They met Jody Scheckterm who's farming near Southampton. Not a trace of a foreign accent. In fact he speaks English better than I do, laugh.png

Hamiltons car failed again ... they must be really worried if they have to cause it to catch fire so that Rosberg can win ... the only way that he can beat Hamilton!!!!

Wonder what the papers will say tomorrow,

Yeah that was a real pity about Hamilton's car today.

I am sure he will do his usual charge thru tomorrow but Hungaroring

is not as conducive to Hockenheim & Silverstone for passing.

Personally I dont buy any of the conspiracy theories but funny to watch/hear

Hamiltons car failed again ... they must be really worried if they have to cause it to catch fire so that Rosberg can win ... the only way that he can beat Hamilton!!!!

Wonder what the papers will say tomorrow,

Hasd it ever occured to you that maybe Hamiltons driving style and setup preferences are more detrimental to the car than Rosbergs.

Case in point was Canada with both drivers facing the same problem, Rosberg nursed the car to a 2nd place finish whereas Hamilton didn't finish at all.

Just saying

Yermanee wai.gif

p.s. None of the biased expert commentators have noticed it, or maybe they did but are not allowed to spoil the Hamilton show.

Edited by yermanee

Lewis can drive faster than Nico and therefore probably pushes his car harder but find it hard to believe that this could cause a fuel leak that results in a fire or the failure of a new bake disk within one lap.

I also find it hard to believe that there may be someone sabotaging his car, but he does seem to be experiencing problems that I find hard to believe is just bad luck.

May be he did break a mirror or run over a black cat...

Lewis can drive faster than Nico and therefore probably pushes his car harder but find it hard to believe that this could cause a fuel leak that results in a fire or the failure of a new bake disk within one lap.

I also find it hard to believe that there may be someone sabotaging his car, but he does seem to be experiencing problems that I find hard to believe is just bad luck.

Lewis drives faster BUT for some reason always appears to use less fuel ... I'd like to have been 'a fly on the wall' at the after race de-brief. Team Orders before half way through the season ............ Rosberg probably stopped a Mercedes 1-2 by not overtaking Verne, just followed him for quite a few laps ... When Rosberg pitted Hamilton passed Vern that very lap.

Lewis drives faster BUT for some reason always appears to use less fuel ... I'd like to have been 'a fly on the wall' at the after race de-brief. Team Orders before half way through the season ............ Rosberg probably stopped a Mercedes 1-2 by not overtaking Verne, just followed him for quite a few laps ... When Rosberg pitted Hamilton passed Vern that very lap.

It was a fantastic race, but Toto, Paddy and Niki can not ignore the fact that Lewis ignored team orders, nor Nico is going to let them forget, but were Toto, Paddy and Niki all in agreement with the decision in the first place?

Two successive races where Lewis has had to fight from the back and got a podium is a fantastic achievement, could Nico do that? being stuck behind Vergne must have riled Lewis.

Once again the world champion following in the dust of his team mate, do you think Red Bull will be telling Daniel to let Sebastian past in the near future?

Edited by Basil B

Didn't Toto say the last race, or the 1 before that. It would be unfair to the other driver if we changed the strategy for 1 driver mid race. But here we are. ":Let Nico pass Lewis, he's on a different strategy."

You know in some respects the original message if I remember right

was something like

Nico is coming thru & needs a pit dont hold him up.

Which would be ok I guess if taken literally as I never saw Hamilton

holding anyone up but....

Really Nico was never knocking on Hamilton's door.

If they expected Lewis to ease up & wait that would be mad.

So I never thought much about it but then I heard Nico say twice

"why isn't he letting me by"????

I thought that odd considering as I said he was never on Lewis

to that degree.

I think Lewis was right to just ignore the trans & I like both drivers.

But thought it odd when I heard Nico say that

Edited by mania

You know in some respects the original message if I remember right

was something like

Nico is coming thru & needs a pit dont hold him up.

Which would be ok I guess if taken literally as I never saw Hamilton

holding anyone up but....

Really Nico was never knocking on Hamilton's door.

If they expected Lewis to ease up & wait that would be mad.

So I never thought much about it but then I heard Nico say twice

"why isn't he letting me by"????

I thought that odd considering as I said he was never on Lewis

to that degree.

I think Lewis was right to just ignore the trans & I like both drivers.

But thought it odd when I heard Nico say that

I think Lewis said a couple of times "OK when he gets to me I'll let him by."

• Like 1

I think Paddy, Toto & Niki need to check they are singing from the same hymn book.

Maybe when Nico was stuck behind Vergne they should have told Nico to let Lewis past as he has a better chance of getting past Vergne.

• Like 2

Bernie pays $100,000,000 to avoid clink.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-28656050

This is really pocket money to him and only a fraction of ill-gotten money he has taken from F1, just for that I would have been very happy to see him do time.sad.png

So he makes a bribery case disappear by paying off diving the prosecutors 60 M Quid. Define iriny. laugh.png

• 3 weeks later...

2 replacement for this weekend..

German driver Andre to stand in for Kamui Kobayashi in a one-race deal in Belgian Grand Prix in Spa-Franchorchamps.

American Alexander Rossi to stand in for Max Chilton at Marussia in a one-race deal in Belgian Grand Prix in Spa-Franchorchamps.

Edited by ignis

Up date...

Chilton to race in Belgium

A reminder of the story that broke during first practice, Max Chilton will race at the Belgian Grand Prix after all as a dispute with his Marussia team has been resolved.

Marussia said on Thursday that Chilton, 23, would be replaced for the weekend by reserve driver Alexander Rossi as a result of "contractual issues".

The team refused to give details but on Friday morning Marussia said Briton Chilton would be racing in Spa.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/28881163

• Like 1

I'm willing to spoil. The people who have not watched the race and wish to see it later on, simply should not read the thread. It's not fair for the people who watch it live.

This time, I will write it to the next message. Next time, if you have not watched the race, be aware that news are full of the results.

Oh this is going to be a interesting post race meeting at Mercedes

Dont want to spoil anything in case some have not seen Spa but was interesting to say the least

Here is the clip of the racing accident. The jury did not even investigate the incident. Hamilton was more unlucky at this time and destroyed his car while driving to the pit to change his tire.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm quite tired of Hamilton's constant complaining and blaming everybody else of his mistakes. He is a great driver, but does way too much finger pointing towards others.

After the incident he wanted to quit as to show that he was treated badly in this case. He is still a paid driver who earns huge amount of money to drive that car.

After the race interview he was saying "This is not fair for the all the good people who are working hard at the team factory" or similar. That's simply using others to help his cause. I really do not like that kind of negative psychological game he is playing.. and have playing all the time he has been on F1.

I wish to see him driving, not being a hypocrite mouth.

http://youtu.be/mFY1Em0vG4c

Eddie Jordan was excellent on the podium interview once again. He have the understanding of the sports and large enough charisma & balls to say the audience to stop booing. It's understandable that people wish their own guys to win, but the booing is simply stupid, like it was while Vettel was winning constantly.

Furthermore it was great to see that Bottas and Räikkönen got good results. This must have felt good for the iceman as his results have been quite awful during this season.

Toto said after the race before but any meetings

"You don't try to overtake with the knife between your teeth on lap number two and damage both cars,"

Interesting what Hamilton says about the post race meeting...

"We just had a meeting about it and he basically said he did it on purpose," said Hamilton.

The 2008 world champion added: "He said he could have avoided it, but he didn't want to. He basically said, 'I did it to prove a point'."

Hamilton said he was "gobsmacked" by Rosberg's admission, although the German has not confirmed himself whether he made such a remark.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/28921431

Will F1 investigate this now, that is pretty damming, saying he could have avoided it?

though I doubt Mercedes will be happy with Lewis spouting off...

I think the truth might be a bit different what a very emotional driver want to hear and says when he is angry.

Maybe Nico's sentence was "Maybe I could have avoided the collision by going to the grass and risking spinning, afterall I did not expect Lewis to push me out" and Hamilton heard only the first few words.

Imho Nico is far more calculating driver than Hamilton is. Therefore I believe Rosberg is going to be the world champion after this year. He looks like Leonardo DiCaprio, but has the mind of Schumacher. Lewis looks like a rap star and sometimes behaves like one.

Edited by Guest

Belgian GP: Wolff says Rosberg's crash comments were misinterpreted

"[Rosberg] didn't give in. He thought it was for Lewis to leave him space, and that Lewis didn't leave him space.

"So they agreed to disagree in a very heated discussion amongst ourselves, but it wasn't deliberately crashing. That is nonsense."

Source: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/115558

Oh this is going to be a interesting post race meeting at Mercedes

Dont want to spoil anything in case some have not seen Spa but was interesting to say the least

Here is the clip of the racing accident. The jury did not even investigate the incident. Hamilton was more unlucky at this time and destroyed his car while driving to the pit to change his tire.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm quite tired of Hamilton's constant complaining and blaming everybody else of his mistakes. He is a great driver, but does way too much finger pointing towards others.

After the incident he wanted to quit as to show that he was treated badly in this case. He is still a paid driver who earns huge amount of money to drive that car.

After the race interview he was saying "This is not fair for the all the good people who are working hard at the team factory" or similar. That's simply using others to help his cause. I really do not like that kind of negative psychological game he is playing.. and have playing all the time he has been on F1.

I wish to see him driving, not being a hypocrite mouth.

Yes I saw the incident live & many times afterwards....

While I like both drivers equally for their talent & do not care one bit about personalities

as that is a separate issue ......

I will say I thought it was incredibly dumb to risk not just himself but basically the whole teams efforts on lap 2

when he clearly did not have the right to the racing line.

His front tire was barely clear of Lewis's rear tire.

It is basic racing the car in front has full control of line in turn

But that aside it was obviously seen that way by Team principals & advisers Wolff & Lauda

I respect both their opinions & they should know what is what better than anyone else.

As to Lewis wanting to pull in after finding his car had next to zero down force due to the gaping hole if

rear floorboard area

I imagine it was a logical request since he is already down one engine & would like to

not trash another engine in a futile chase when he cannot even pass much slower cars.

When one is contesting the world championship they think further than a single event.

All just my opinion of course & as I said I think both drivers

are immense talents

• Like 1

Rosberg is cold and calculating - he knew exactly what he was doing when he hit Lewis. The hit was perfectly judged to take off an easily replaceable front wing and to put a hole in the rear tyre early in the lap, ensuring maximum damage. He took advantage of the positioning of the cars in that turn to make it happen. Nico is as ruthless as his dad, but he also has the clarity of mind and the skill to pull this off. He has very few real friends -- I wonder if he has confided in *anyone*.

Mercedes management have been shown time and again to be really ineffectual. The shambles over LH's retirement has saved no miles and caused a lot more ill-feeling.