F1 2014

rixalex

Anyone able to make a mathematical model where the result is not decided by the double points in the last race?

Not sure but including all remaining races

The announcers at today's P2 practice said mathematically you can go down to

Bottas in 6th as of today would have a mathematical chance to win

None beyond that starting with Button in 7th

Edited by mania

Silly season and plenty of rumours flying around.

Alonso moving to McLaren

Vettel moving to Ferrari

Kyvat moving from Toro Rosso to Red Bull

Predictions will these moves happen or is the drivers going to stay where they are now?

Alonso moving to McLaren

Vettel moving to Ferrari

Predictions will these moves happen or is the drivers going to stay where they are now?

Alonso I say 100% is moving

Vettel? not sure but I would say this race may help decide that because

if Daniel comes out on top I think team orders will go to support him as after this race

only he will have a chance for RB if Vettel does not beat him & stay in the running mathematically

Kyvat probably depends on Vettel as I don't think Daniel is going anywhere

If not though Kyvat will have to watch his 17 year old new teammate Verstappen does not out shine him wink.png

He was only 4/10ths back from Kyvat in his first outing at a practice at Suzuka & said he was "not even close to the limit"

Alonso moving to McLaren

Vettel moving to Ferrari

2 out of 3

http://en.espnf1.com/redbull/motorsport/story/177733.html

I'm not surprised about Vettel leaving, but to Ferrari?

Edited by Mosha
  • Like 1

mania, on 03 Oct 2014 - 15:40, said:mania, on 03 Oct 2014 - 15:40, said:
oilinki, on 03 Oct 2014 - 15:01, said:oilinki, on 03 Oct 2014 - 15:01, said:

Alonso moving to McLaren

Vettel moving to Ferrari

if Daniel comes out on top I think team orders will go to support him as after this race

only he will have a chance for RB if Vettel does not beat him & stay in the running mathematically

If not though Kyvat will have to watch his 17 year old new teammate Verstappen does not out shine him wink.png

He was only 4/10ths back from Kyvat in his first outing at a practice at Suzuka & said he was "not even close to the limit"

Vettel to leave Red Bull, Kvyat to be promoted ... not a massive surprise. Vettel just had the best car by far for all those F1 Championship wins. Wonder where he is going ... suppose all will be revealed in due course.

Edited by JAS21
  • Like 1

mania, on 03 Oct 2014 - 15:40, said:mania, on 03 Oct 2014 - 15:40, said:
oilinki, on 03 Oct 2014 - 15:01, said:oilinki, on 03 Oct 2014 - 15:01, said:

Alonso moving to McLaren

Vettel moving to Ferrari

Vettel to leave Red Bull, Kvyat to be promoted ... not a massive surprise. Vettel just had the best car by far for all those F1 Championship wins. Wonder where he is going ... suppose all will be revealed in due course.

From the link I posted

"

The news comes as Fernando Alonso is lining up an exit from Ferrari, with Vettel expected to replace the Spaniard next year. Vettel has won all four of his titles with Red Bull, but has struggled this year alongside Ricciardo. He has long been linked with a move to Ferrari and the door now appears to be open for him to make the step."

"

• Like 1

3 cars for Ferrari next year ?

Alonso going into the 3rd car in another team ? appears that this weekend Ferrari has approved the breaking of the Alonso contract as he wants out..

has Vettel already signed up to Ferrari next year ?

looks like lots to come in the next days

Ferrari has not confirmed anything yet, but I guess we'll hear more today.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/116151

I like the way Horner talks.

Although there has not yet been any official confirmation that Vettel is destined for Ferrari, Horner confirmed that this was the case.

"Obviously Ferrari have made him a very attractive offer," he said.

Although Vettel still had a year on his contract remaining, Horner said Red Bull felt there was little point in holding him to the team if his desire was to move on.

"If somebody's heart is not there, it doesn't matter what you have on a piece of paper," he said. "It has to be right for both sides.

Ferrari has not confirmed anything yet, but I guess we'll hear more today.

I like the way Horner talks.

Although there has not yet been any official confirmation that Vettel is destined for Ferrari, Horner confirmed that this was the case.

"Obviously Ferrari have made him a very attractive offer," he said.

Although Vettel still had a year on his contract remaining, Horner said Red Bull felt there was little point in holding him to the team if his desire was to move on.

"If somebody's heart is not there, it doesn't matter what you have on a piece of paper," he said. "It has to be right for both sides.

Confirmed

Alonso to McLaren

Vettal to Ferrari

Kyvatt to Red Bull

So who goes from McLaren ?

Button hasn't performed and Magnusun is a lot younger

So who goes from McLaren ?
Button hasn't performed and Magnusun is a lot younger

​Guess he is also a lot cheaper then Jensen ? or will they keep 2 very experienced high wage drivers ?

all this talk about 3 cars per team will McLaren have 3 cars ?

​Will the 3 or 4 struggling Teams [money + sponsorship] even be in F1 next year ? will 2 of them even finish this season ? = F1 Teams will have to run 3 cars to make up the numbers

​Guess he is also a lot cheaper then Jensen ? or will they keep 2 very experienced high wage drivers ?

all this talk about 3 cars per team will McLaren have 3 cars ?

​Will the 3 or 4 struggling Teams [money + sponsorship] even be in F1 next year ? will 2 of them even finish this season ? = F1 Teams will have to run 3 cars to make up the numbers

Personally I would like to see Jenson in 2015

but as you say those points are valid.

I would find it hard to believe any team fielding 3 cars/crews/drivers but..

In McClarens case with Honda's return maybe there is some seed money/discounts for the first year or two to speed up development?

Edited by mania

Btw. Couple of text based sources to look at.

BBC reporting

http://www.bbc.com/sport/live/formula1/29361472

Autosport live coverage of the qualifications

http://live.autosport.com/commentary.php/id/787

Newsfeeds (this one is maintained by myself. If you know good F1 news with RSS feeds which only include F1 articles, please let me know and I'll add those to the list.)

http://panphuket.com/f1

One interesting part of these changes is to see how Kimi and Vettel will work together. I have understood that Vettel is the only F1 driver Kimi actually likes. All the rest are just some people competing to win the title :)

They both have the same, slightly childish and less formal ways to have fun. Remember the Abu Dhabi GP podium couple of years ago, when the boys had they say in live feed. That resulted FIA to tighten the rules what the F1 drivers are allowed to say on the podium.

I think their co-operation will be fine. Neither of them is too keen to play internal politics, they simply want to drive and have a bit of fun. I guess Ferrari will have some pranks included to their F1 weekends.

I'm childish enough to enjoy breaking the formal rules every now and then

Ouch Hamilton crash...ok but car looks trashed pretty good with just a few hours to Q

Yes, a bad day at the office...

Hope he has a better day tomorrow.

If they end up following the safety car for two hours it will be a reliability challenge, not looking good for Mercedes.

• Like 1

If they end up following the safety car for two hours it will be a reliability challenge, not looking good for Mercedes.

Yes I dont know why they are opposed to starting the race at 9am when the forecast is 1mm of rain compared to 3pm

when 11mm of rain is forecast

I guess weather can always change though.

But if it is a long safety car race it will not be much of one.

Edited by mania

Yes I dont know why they are opposed to starting the race at 9am when the forecast is 1mm of rain compared to 3pm

9 am is GMT should give you a clue ie Euoipean TV figures

• Like 1

9 am is GMT should give you a clue ie Euoipean TV figures

Set TV times and agreements. Europe still sleeping at that time. Money talks I guess.

That reminds me of Japan GP some 14 years ago when I was still young and full of energy. I wanted to see the Japan GP, but it started 6am local time. At the time all qualifications started at 1pm and races at noon.

My grande plan was to go out for party and be awake until the race started. After the bars closed at 3:30am I got back home and watched some old movies to keep me awake.

The plan did not work so well as I got far too tired. All I remember of the race was one corner on the first few laps.. and some interviews after the race. Then slept to 2pm.. like I did all the weekends :D

Newsfeeds (this one is maintained by myself. If you know good F1 news with RSS feeds which only include F1 articles, please let me know and I'll add those to the list.)

http://panphuket.com/f1

You know this is a very nice feed you made.

Thank You thumbsup.gif

Thanks! I'm very happy if it's useful to others as well :) I wish to keep it as simple as possible.

If you or anybody else knows some other sources. News or even blogs which analyse the F1 situations, I'd like to add those to the feed list.