Evicting Squatters Or Old Owners

kingstonkid

Hi

The GF and I are about to embark on the RE journey. The easiest way i see to to dot hat is to buy a foreclosed house form the bank. best price and then can be fixed up and sold or rented.

Iknow all about the pitfalls of joint ownership here but as i lost over a million dollars in property to my ex in Canada it really does not worry me.

What does concern me is evicting squatters.

The deal seems to be you buy the property you buy the headache.

Has anyone had any past experience with this.

I am looking for people to give me a startig oint to thinking before i go and confirm a plan with my lawyer.

Thank you

Edited by metisdead
Please do not post using all caps. Topic title edited to remove all caps.

OP lost a million dollars to an ex in Canada. Some folk have more money than sense.

Sorry should have been clearer.

Million dollars worth of property. She got pissed and told me she knew what she ws doing and did not need any help. giggle.gif

• Like 1

OP lost a million dollars to an ex in Canada. Some folk have more money than sense.

No ... fairs fair ... I was married in the UK for about 30years and my wife had at least half a million dollars (in UK money of course) when we divorced and she also gets money monthly. She worked for many years brought up our children and inherited some money from her parents. It's not sense it's fairness.
  • Like 2

I have purchased several properties this way and along the way given a wide birth to occupied or hostile foreclosures IMO there are too many hassle free options to get bogged down with the head ache.

Thanks for the advice.

as to others I have no reason to worry about GF getting all of the houses.

She is aware that she will get everything I have anyway when I leave this world so it is not a huge problem.

Take your gf there and talk to them, maybe act as if you bought the place already and you are the new owner. See what their reaction will be. Get a feeling of who you will be dealing with before you decide to buy the property. Some Thais feel ashamed and they would leave.

Maybe for 10k baht they will leave. Or you can pay some cop to get them out or some mototaxi drivers like the guy above suggested.

I have purchased several properties this way and along the way given a wide birth to occupied or hostile foreclosures IMO there are too many hassle free options to get bogged down with the head ache.

Thanks for the advice.

She is aware that she will get everything I have anyway when I leave this world so it is not a huge problem.

You giving a thai girl INCENTIVE to kill you. Troll or very low iq man?

At the very least get that string around your finge be4 going into your journey down the thaiRATHOLE!

Edited by billSMITH
  • Like 1

There are not so many squatters, certainly not if you buy a house in a gated village, as would be very advisable.

If you need to evict squatters you have it done by Thai or even the police and you and your girlfriend stay completely out of sight and wait a few weeks for the site to cool down.

just make a rumor of two people seeing a ghost there. and of course that an 11 year old girl was killed there 20 years ago. then watch your property become free of vermin.

Also, bury some bones somewhere and get a charmin to find them, vermin free forever guarantee.

Sorry should have been clearer.

Million dollars worth of property. She got pissed and told me she knew what she ws doing and did not need any help. giggle.gif

It was quite clear in your OP that you meant $1M in property.

Why are you starting off with such a negative attitude......I feel people usually bring about the situations that they focus on.

Handle it as you would in any country...but at least wait until it happens.

Be positive...the chances are far greater of it not happening that it happening.

Unless you have Thai citizenship you can not own land in Thailand. The land will be titled in GF's name or your company if you form/have one that can buy land. Foreclosures present many problems regardless what country you buy in, but Thailand present new and unexpected issues. Try networking a little and find a family that has a depressed property for sale such as a home where the owner is deceased and the family needs to sell.

Thanks for the advice.

Don't make it easy for her to expedite your departure!!

It is and was interesting to read these comments.

First i had the sensible ones.

Then the TROLLS came out

followed by all the people that think every Thai girl is going to screw every Farang and that all farang are as naive as they are.

To those with sensible responses i thank you

The rest my advise is if you do not kow what the topic is stay out.

For god's sake: Join the squatters !!! As they do, you can live there for free.

Many a Farang going on a RE-Trip before with GF, wish that they should have done just that !

Seriously: Rent for 2 years (this is how long it will take to start to comprehend the "inner-workings of Thailand".) By then you will know if it's time to pack your bags or stay here for the long run.

The 2 year learning phase will supply you with a wealth of information. Mostly coming from the 17 Girlfriends, that you had in those 2 years.cheesy.gif

Cheers.