Certificate of residence.

Hi all
Can some one tell me, what is the correct procedure in obtaining a certificate of residence, as I am applying for yellow tabian book. My local amphur told us we need this certificate for the application.
Is there also a charge for this certificate.
many thanks
slappy

get a certificate of residence form and 3 fresh photos

fill it out making sure to check "other" and not D/L and state reason

Submit to your local immigration office

It is free but may take up to 4 weeks receive the certificate.

I just did my second one for a 5 yr drivers license and very easy to do.

same form

Resident certificates in general: 500 Baht at Khon Kaen (inofficial price).

Done within 10 minutes to take with me (2011, one for buying a car, one for opening bank account).

In 2013 certficate for obtaining yellow house book.

I clearly stated the purpose and the certificate was completely in Thai script (incl. digits).

No english terms/words to be found.

Seems useful for Amphoe offices.

Why don't people tell us where they are located ?

You can get a residence certificate at the Immigration office where you do your 90 day report.  If not there, then you can get one from you embassy but will pay more

If you tell us where you are located then maybe someone from that same area can give exact information,  otherwise you are going to get a hundred different responses

I think you will find that he is in Khon Kaen

I needed the certificate from Immigration.

Letter from the main Police Office.

Turned up at the Amphur with the village Phu Yai Baan who signed a form.

All done in a few hours.

And why should I have to look up his profile to see that?  He wants the information, not me

• Like 1

Thanks guys for your replies
It is always handy to know other experiences even if there not in your area. To which in some cases you can use for your case. Went to Khon Kaen immigrations yesterday and very easy to do, just needed one photo and all done in a matter of minutes, but expensive 500 bahts and no receipt. Which I presume is tea money!!!.
Now to tackle "getting the yellow tabian book"

• 3 months later...

...  Went to Khon Kaen immigrations yesterday and very easy to do, just needed one photo and all done in a matter of minutes, but expensive 500 bahts and no receipt. Which I presume is tea money!!!.
Now to tackle "getting the yellow tabian book"

Does the certificate state your name and address in English?  The reason I ask is I need to prove my Thai residency to open an account in the U.S. and my utility bills are in Thai so they have trouble with that.  Also does it say "Certificate of Residence" in English?

Thanks

TG

Edited by TerraplaneGuy

Normally they are in Thai. You could ask about getting one in English or have the one in Thai translated.

Hey Joe, thanks for the quick reply.  Do you think they would give it to me if I tell them the purpose is to open a U.S. brokerage account?  I'm a bit afraid to say it's for a drivers licence since I already have that and it would make it odd that I want one in English too.  Also, do you know whether Chaeng Wattana is issuing them these days and whether it's possible to get them on the spot or if you still have to wait the 3 weeks or so for it to be mailed?

Cheers

TG

Sorry for a stupid question, but can anybody explain what is the actual purpose of a Residence Certificate, and whether it is a legal requirement for anyone who has a non-tourist visa?

(Although getting a Yellow Tabian Book could be one purpose, it is not a legal requirement to have a Yellow Tabian Book...)

Edited by Globalist

Slightly off topic but the Pattaya DLT Office no longer accepts the Yellow Book.

It has also been reported here that Rayong Land Transport Office also will no longer accept a Yellow Book, so the hoops most members have to jump through to get one,  make it even less worth the trouble

• 2 months later...

Anyone know if I can obtain a residence certificate with a non immigrant  "0"  visa ?

That would depend upon the immigration office you need to use.

Some will do it with a non-o and others only with an extension of stay.