A protester injured in a shooting in front of Army Club

webfact

More protestors getting shot at by the barbaric Shinawatras.

This time they caught the scum who did it. Let's see who he works for now. If he really is affiliated with the reds or the Shinawatras, I would really like to see how the pro Shinawatras are going to spin this.

Erm...can you read the article again? The 'barbaric Shinawatras'? They weren't there.

Does this give me licence to call the beating up & mugging of a former protester yesterday as evidence of the 'barbaric Suthep'? No, it doesn't. Because I'm not an idiot and I don't make ridiculous and transparently knee-jerk statements.

Have you ever posted anything logical here? If so, I don't remember it. You once posted 'wrong is wrong'. Can you demonstrate this by expressing outrage at any violence or illegal act perpetrated by the PCAD guards or other 'peaceful' protesters? Until you do, reasonable posters will just presume you're what you appear to be: a blinkered bigot frothing at the mouth and spouting off with little if any self-awareness or sense of fairness.

No, they're too cowardly to take to the streets like their opposition in a peaceful demonstration. That is why they rent mobs & pay people to do violent acts. Thaksin has hired assassins time & again, well documented.

Wow - that's TWO blatantly pro-BKK elite posters unable to a) read the post they are supposedly responding to & B) control the rabid brainlessness of their supposed 'commentary'. When you've calmled down and actually ANALYSED the reports, you will find out that the evidence suggests that this was an undercover cop whose gun went off accidentally after he was 'discovered' and who was then beaten to within an inch of his life by the peaceful protesters.

But of course, you'll pretty it up or just conveiniently ignore it, as it doesn't sit well with 'wrong is wrong'.

True morality is not selective. You either accept that violence is wrong or you don't.

Anything else is known by us outside your rabid nonsensical rants as HYPOCRISY.

• Like 2

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From TNN24 it is in Thai.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEDLaRBWY5Q

My Thai is not very good, but the clip say something like:

The police fake as a motorcycle taxi man, was on the bridge, looking for information.

He was seen walking on the bridge trailing by a number of protester's guard.

A woman happen to notice the hidden gun, hence scream out GUN GUN.

The man try to run down the bridge, but was attacked by mob when he reach the ground.

He tried to fight, then a gun shot was heard, and a protester was seen limping.

IMHO looks more like self defense to me, but I am sure you will not agree.

He had gun, handcraft, police id, and came here ridding a police bike.

But why the hell is he wearing a motocycle-taxi vest? Moonlighting between job?

Absolutely disgusting display of mob violence, truly sickening.

If this man was indeed the shooter he should have been disarmed and handed to the Army

There is no excuse whatsoever for this level of violence

These are the people who claim to not use violence, they are peace loving protesters.

PCAD is increasingly looking like a proto fascist organisation.

We have the daily hate filled xenophobic speeches.

The denial of peoples right to cast votes

Now pack violence where they are the judge, jury and executioner.

How can anyone welcome PCAD plans for a non elected council of good people after witnessing this barbaric display.

I think it was a valiant display by the protest guards, they tackled an armed and dangerous intruder until he was disarmed and compliant, then carried him away for medical treatment. One was even shot while disarming the guy and once under control the guy was protected and transporter. The hospital reported he had minor injuries, unlike the person he shot.

If a caved in fractured skull, broken sternum, fractured ribs and punctured lung are considered "minor injuries", I don't think major injuries would be survivable! Given the choice, I'd much prefer a round in the leg.

100% not as spun by the yellow media.

He did not go there as hit man, he was undercover and that would be the same anywhere in the world.

As the mob was threatening the PM at the time, it is impossible any security force in the world would not have undercover cops in there.

Sad day for Thailand as Suthep screaming coup coup again on the back of an incident that his mob started and apears to have ended with an accidental gun shot and then attempted murder.

All on Camera and most have arrived at this conclusion after having seen it.

Seeing that the police are on the side of the government and Chalerm himself hinting about extrajudicial killings by the police, them saying he was 'undercover' is suspect. He shot a protestor, he was caught. The beating they gave him seems excessive but seeing that the protestors have been attacked daily and have had their own murdered, emotions must have been high. Kudos to some of the guards who tried to stop the beatings though.

More protestors getting shot at by the barbaric Shinawatras.

This time they caught the scum who did it. Let's see who he works for now. If he really is affiliated with the reds or the Shinawatras, I would really like to see how the pro Shinawatras are going to spin this.

Erm...can you read the article again? The 'barbaric Shinawatras'? They weren't there.

Does this give me licence to call the beating up & mugging of a former protester yesterday as evidence of the 'barbaric Suthep'? No, it doesn't. Because I'm not an idiot and I don't make ridiculous and transparently knee-jerk statements.

Have you ever posted anything logical here? If so, I don't remember it. You once posted 'wrong is wrong'. Can you demonstrate this by expressing outrage at any violence or illegal act perpetrated by the PCAD guards or other 'peaceful' protesters? Until you do, reasonable posters will just presume you're what you appear to be: a blinkered bigot frothing at the mouth and spouting off with little if any self-awareness or sense of fairness.

No, they're too cowardly to take to the streets like their opposition in a peaceful demonstration. That is why they rent mobs & pay people to do violent acts. Thaksin has hired assassins time & again, well documented.

Wow - that's TWO blatantly pro-BKK elite posters unable to a) read the post they are supposedly responding to & cool.png control the rabid brainlessness of their supposed 'commentary'. When you've calmled down and actually ANALYSED the reports, you will find out that the evidence suggests that this was an undercover cop whose gun went off accidentally after he was 'discovered' and who was then beaten to within an inch of his life by the peaceful protesters.

But of course, you'll pretty it up or just conveiniently ignore it, as it doesn't sit well with 'wrong is wrong'.

True morality is not selective. You either accept that violence is wrong or you don't.

Undercover cop eh? Says who? The police? They'll say anything now that one of their own has shot a protestor. If he wasn't caught, I bet it would have been all hush hush. No one would have known who shot the protestor. Another phantom shooter, like the one that killed Suthin.

And gun going of accidentally? Really? REALLY? If people want to make up stuff, they really ought to find a better lie. Gun accidentally discharging indeed! rolleyes.gif

I think it was a valiant display by the protest guards, they tackled an armed and dangerous intruder until he was disarmed and compliant, then carried him away for medical treatment. One was even shot while disarming the guy and once under control the guy was protected and transporter. The hospital reported he had minor injuries, unlike the person he shot.

Meanwhile, back in the real world......

I've seen some interesting takes on situations but that is worthy of suthep himself. I really hope for your sanitys sake that you don't actually believe what you wrote but that it was purely trolling.

• Like 1

If they're doing it peacefully, no pompem.

Sorry for my ignorance, but can you explain to me how do you "peacefully" prevent people from voting?

Think about it.

Sorry, I just can't think of a way to "peacefully" prevent people from exercising their basic rights to vote in a democratic society.

post-195835-0-18193700-1390924055_thumb.

Well, well. After just listening to Suthep's address & then seeing that video, it is blatantly obvious that he is a liar & deliberately inciting the protesters. He said the policeman dressed in black rode in on a police motorcycle & shot at protesters before trying to get away. He said this was proof that Yingluck & her mob were animals from hell.

Sorry, I just can't think of a way to "peacefully" prevent people from exercising their basic rights to vote in a democratic society.

attachicon.gifdtl_26_1_2014_8_1_6.jpg

That is obstructing the passage for people who wish to vote.

Not acceptable.

Even if that may have occurred at some of the advance polling stations there were others where the gates were padlocked by the protestors and voters faced intimidation and violence.

By all means protest but there should be no hindrance or obstruction in people wishing to cast their vote

• Like 1

Police officers on protests sights were repeatedly stated to be unarmed. If it was a legal undercover policemen why did he have to bring the gun along and provoke such a dangerous situation? Can't police understand how explosive the situation is after multiple attacks and deaths of the protesters. Who was the genius that thought that sending a suspicious, armed men in the middle of the mob was a good idea?

• Like 1

This is a picture of protester protesting peacefully(within their rights to protest) in front of a polling station to let their voice be heard that they does not support this election, but it is not showing how to peacefully prevent people from voting.(within their rights to vote)

I only saw some video and picture in various website on Sunday that was not as peaceful as your picture.

This is a picture of protester protesting peacefully(within their rights to protest) in front of a polling station to let their voice be heard that they does not support this election, but it is not showing how to peacefully prevent people from voting.(within their rights to vote)

I only saw some video and picture in various website on Sunday that was not as peaceful as your picture.

And i have seen footage that shows thai drivers to be very good drivers.. doesn't mean it's true of them all... I have also seen footage of a thai driver getting beaten after an accident ... again doesn't mean it happens every time...(but it does happen alot)

You said you couldn't think of a way.. i showed you!

ps: i do not condone any type of violence..

The police fake as a motorcycle taxi man, was on the bridge, looking for information.

The man try to run down the bridge, but was attacked by mob when he reach the ground.

Are there still people on this forum who claim these disgusting, violent people are not thugs? Notice how the cowards all had to get their kick in. They treat the police like this and expect the same police to give them protection.

Edited by edwardandtubs
  • Like 1

Are there still people on this forum who claim these disgusting, violent people are not thugs? Notice how the cowards all had to get their kick in. They treat the police like this and expect the same police to give them protection.

People like you only see the end result but not the context of the video. This 'victim' was armed and shot one of the unarmed protestors. While the beating they gave him after they disarmed him was harsh, I can imagine emotions were running high after getting shot at and bombed on a daily basis, and then having one of their leaders shot dead in cold blood.

"Disgusting and violent," you say. How melodramatic. Shooting a bunch of unarmed protestors, THAT'S disgusting and violent.

Edited by TVGerry

Wow - that's TWO blatantly pro-BKK elite posters unable to a) read the post they are supposedly responding to & cool.png control the rabid brainlessness of their supposed 'commentary'. When you've calmled down and actually ANALYSED the reports, you will find out that the evidence suggests that this was an undercover cop whose gun went off accidentally after he was 'discovered' and who was then beaten to within an inch of his life by the peaceful protesters.

Undercover cop eh? Says who? The police? They'll say anything now that one of their own has shot a protestor. If he wasn't caught, I bet it would have been all hush hush. No one would have known who shot the protestor. Another phantom shooter, like the one that killed Suthin.

And gun going of accidentally? Really? REALLY? If people want to make up stuff, they really ought to find a better lie. Gun accidentally discharging indeed! rolleyes.gif

There's no evidence he was going to shoot anyone before he was mobbed though...

Perhaps but he wasn't supposed to be armed in the first place.

On stage now in Asoke, the police are being branded as demons from hell. I wonder how I would feel, if I were a police officer now. Would I be so well trained and disciplined that I would go the aid of those who regard me with such disgust?

This is kind of the reason why the army won't bend over for the caretakers and do what they want as they demonized the army for what happened in 2010.

What does it take to bring you from the past to the present?

They just showed footage of the <deleted> getting beaten up on the red propaganda channel. They did say something about a gun but my Thai language is not so good, I don't know the Thai for 'attempted murder' so I can't be sure if they were telling the truth of what happened or if they tried to twist it to fit their own made up story.

My my. Even farangs from supposedly democratic countries are throwing out law and order

How am I 'throwing out law and order' ? I never said what happened was right. Stop making up lies....

Care to explain your use of the word "<deleted>"?

The reports this morning made it sound like he was on a motorbike, shot 2 people and tried to drive off. This footage seems to be different hence my confusion. This is why I often hold my comments till there is some kind of video or photographic evidence that confirms things.

Sadly we only have the second half so we can't see exactly how it started. If it is true someone saw the gun and shouted 'gun gun' why didn't he just put his hands up and say 'I'm a cop, here is my badge'. Why try to run away if he did nothing wrong ?

You can't blame the protestors for being on edge given that people keep trying to kill them, if you go there with a gun it is asking for trouble though I must admit what they did was rather excessive but given that he had just shot someone a few seconds earlier, whether it was accidentally or not such a reaction is to be expected.

Don't get me wrong, I AM NOT saying that makes the violence alright, it doesn't, there is no excuse for violence like this. I condemn the protestiorrs for their overly violent reaction same as I condemn him for going there with a gun, everyone is in the wrong here. There is no excuse for killing protestors either. He is lucky they didn't kill him. Once he was disarmed and subdued, they stopped. Shame the other side has to go to extremes and just flat out shoot people....

But be honest to yourself at least, your post is still trying to play down the "wrongness" that we can see with our very own eyes, is it not?

Absolutely disgusting display of mob violence, truly sickening.

If this man was indeed the shooter he should have been disarmed and handed to the Army

There is no excuse whatsoever for this level of violence

These are the people who claim to not use violence, they are peace loving protesters.

PCAD is increasingly looking like a proto fascist organisation.

We have the daily hate filled xenophobic speeches.

The denial of peoples right to cast votes

Now pack violence where they are the judge, jury and executioner.

How can anyone welcome PCAD plans for a non elected council of good people after witnessing this barbaric display.

And I was accused of being a spin doctor cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

theres millions of potential assassins who would blow the lot of them away for ruining their business and forcing them into financial ruin ,nothing to do with red shirted/ shinawatras just angry victims of the sutheps thugs shutting down BKK business

• Like 1

I've seen some interesting takes on situations but that is worthy of suthep himself. I really hope for your sanitys sake that you don't actually believe what you wrote but that it was purely trolling.

If you watch the video you can see that the guy is confronted as he reaches the bottom of the stairs where struggles with protestors and shoots one, he continues fighting til the 30 sec mark where the mob joins in, then it take the protest guards 30 second to get enough people around him and stop the mob bashing. I would say the guards receive more hits in this period than he did, then at the 1 minute mark he is carried off to medical help. This shows great discipline and empathy from the guards, to protect and assist a armed assailant that has just shot your fellow guard, all in under 1 minute.

When we compare this to the red assault the other day their mob kept going til the victims appeared lifeless, with no one trying to help them or get them to medical assistance.

Edited by waza

If you watch the video you can see that the guy is confronted as he reaches the bottom of the stairs where struggles with protestors and shoots one, he continues fighting til the 30 sec mark where the mob joins in, then it take the protest guards 30 second to get enough people around him and stop the mob bashing. I would say the guards receive more hits in this period than he did, then at the 1 minute mark he is carried off to medical help. This shows great discipline and empathy from the guards, to protect and assist a armed assailant that has just shot your fellow guard, all in under 1 minute.

When we compare this to the red assault the other day their mob kept going til the victims appeared lifeless, with no one trying to help them or get them to medical assistance.

Thats strange I see a man chased by a mob defending himself as best he can then beaten to a pulp and probably the guards realising it was a policeman the mob were trying to kill. still comparing apples and oranges huh ? sad .... a mob is a mob and they are out of control, there is no moral high ground here.

Expect much more violence in the days ahead, real sad.

Thats strange I see a man chased by a mob defending himself as best he can then beaten to a pulp and probably the guards realising it was a policeman the mob were trying to kill. still comparing apples and oranges huh ? sad .... a mob is a mob and they are out of control, there is no moral high ground here.

Expect much more violence in the days ahead, real sad.

Strange I see a man being saved from a mob, by the protest guards. I also see a lot of emotion, and I agree when mob rule takes over "there is no moral high ground". But I also see only one side of the divide showing restraint and compassion and that's down to leadership.

Re; "why was the policeman wearing motorcycle taxi gear", possibly he was monitoring the protest undercover to avoid enraging the protestors who have already shown they are not all Mary Poppins types, he was alone and so didn't want to be seen as a lone cop target by people who already attacked the police-station sign. It is a state of emergency and so protests will obviously be monitored by undercover cops. From the video it seems he was shooting in self defence. All that said it is ridiculous that a lone cop is even going there, in most democracies the police would have arrived en masse at the end of the first day protest in November saying "okay you've said what you think - now go home" which is how street protests should be, you get your day in the spotlight then you go home. After that it is time for the politicians to return to talks and the side with the recent one-day 300k+ people peaceful massprotest, can use that as leverage to show they have the support of a large number of decent upstanding citizens. When these things drag out for months (2010 and now), nothing is really achieved and problems come out to play like Warriors.

The SoE is having knock-on effects everywhere too, I went to Tescos yesterday and was one of about twenty people in the store, I was followed round the store by two middle-aged black-clad security (often ex-police), who both looked really jumpy and stressed out. And I'm a small disabled woman buying bread and cheap coffee, and Wai-ing to them politely lol. No smiles or Wais were returned btw, which is a first for me. I foresee hostility increasing the longer this stressful situation goes on, it will rebound on locals and foreigners alike. When people are stressed-out, frustrated and then told to be on high-alert for long periods of time, it just entrenches divisions and leads to escalating mistrust of everyone.

coffee1.gif

Edited by Yunla

I have read other stories on this topic and the man who shot the protester was an undercover policeman. He was discovered by a group of mad protesters and was attacked. He took a weapon he had and shot one of the protesters to try to defend himself again this group of protesters. He was caught and beaten badly. I think he had a right to defend himself. But I do hope the protester who was shot is ok.

Perhaps but he wasn't supposed to be armed in the first place.

Poor defense but totally normal when it comes to you. The fact that it was a cop have got you thinking a bit but in no way will you give in that it was wrong.