• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From TNN24 it is in Thai.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEDLaRBWY5Q

My Thai is not very good, but the clip say something like:

The police fake as a motorcycle taxi man, was on the bridge, looking for information.

He was seen walking on the bridge trailing by a number of protester's guard.

A woman happen to notice the hidden gun, hence scream out GUN GUN.

The man try to run down the bridge, but was attacked by mob when he reach the ground.

He tried to fight, then a gun shot was heard, and a protester was seen limping.

IMHO looks more like self defense to me, but I am sure you will not agree.

He had gun, handcraft, police id, and came here ridding a police bike.

But why the hell is he wearing a motocycle-taxi vest? Moonlighting between job?

Always resembles something like a pack of dogs!

More protestors getting shot at by the barbaric Shinawatras.

This time they caught the scum who did it. Let's see who he works for now. If he really is affiliated with the reds or the Shinawatras, I would really like to see how the pro Shinawatras are going to spin this.

Jeez, the Shinawatras are working as motor bike taxi drivers now? it will also be interesting to see how the spin goes if it's proven he's not a pro Shinawatra too right?

This time they caught the scum who did it. Let's see who he works for now. If he really is affiliated with the reds or the Shinawatras, I would really like to see how the pro Shinawatras are going to spin this.

Gerry it will go something like this "Where's the proof".....

and spin they will.....coffee1.gif

No, they're too cowardly to take to the streets like their opposition in a peaceful demonstration. That is why they rent mobs & pay people to do violent acts. Thaksin has hired assassins time & again, well documented.

Care to take your words back?

• Like 1

On stage now in Asoke, the police are being branded as demons from hell. I wonder how I would feel, if I were a police officer now. Would I be so well trained and disciplined that I would go the aid of those who regard me with such disgust?

They just showed footage of the <deleted> getting beaten up on the red propaganda channel. They did say something about a gun but my Thai language is not so good, I don't know the Thai for 'attempted murder' so I can't be sure if they were telling the truth of what happened or if they tried to twist it to fit their own made up story.

They just showed footage of the <deleted> getting beaten up on the red propaganda channel. They did say something about a gun but my Thai language is not so good, I don't know the Thai for 'attempted murder' so I can't be sure if they were telling the truth of what happened or if they tried to twist it to fit their own made up story.

My my. Even farangs from supposedly democratic countries are throwing out law and order

On stage now in Asoke, the police are being branded as demons from hell. I wonder how I would feel, if I were a police officer now. Would I be so well trained and disciplined that I would go the aid of those who regard me with such disgust?

This is kind of the reason why the army won't bend over for the caretakers and do what they want as they demonized the army for what happened in 2010.

The police fake as a motorcycle taxi man, was on the bridge, looking for information.

The man try to run down the bridge, but was attacked by mob when he reach the ground.

Absolutely disgusting display of mob violence, truly sickening.

If this man was indeed the shooter he should have been disarmed and handed to the Army

There is no excuse whatsoever for this level of violence

These are the people who claim to not use violence, they are peace loving protesters.

PCAD is increasingly looking like a proto fascist organisation.

We have the daily hate filled xenophobic speeches.

The denial of peoples right to cast votes

Now pack violence where they are the judge, jury and executioner.

How can anyone welcome PCAD plans for a non elected council of good people after witnessing this barbaric display.

• Like 2

My my. Even farangs from supposedly democratic countries are throwing out law and order

How am I 'throwing out law and order' ? I never said what happened was right. Stop making up lies....

Is this the same incident from the OP about the guy on the bike that shot 2 people, or is this something different ?

Is this the same incident from the OP about the guy on the bike that shot 2 people, or is this something different ?

Same.

Mall Employee Allegedly Beaten, Robbed By Protesters

Blame Thaksin for this then?

Nope, we blame the idiots who did this...and your point is?

I think the point is that people blame Thaksin when an idiot shoots someone, rather than the idiot who shot someone.

But when protesters beat and rob someone, people blame the idiot and not Suthep.

See the difference?

No.

Not yet at least.

Which one the man or the woman?

The reports this morning made it sound like he was on a motorbike, shot 2 people and tried to drive off. This footage seems to be different hence my confusion. This is why I often hold my comments till there is some kind of video or photographic evidence that confirms things.

Sadly we only have the second half so we can't see exactly how it started. If it is true someone saw the gun and shouted 'gun gun' why didn't he just put his hands up and say 'I'm a cop, here is my badge'. Why try to run away if he did nothing wrong ?

You can't blame the protestors for being on edge given that people keep trying to kill them, if you go there with a gun it is asking for trouble though I must admit what they did was rather excessive but given that he had just shot someone a few seconds earlier, whether it was accidentally or not such a reaction is to be expected.

Don't get me wrong, I AM NOT saying that makes the violence alright, it doesn't, there is no excuse for violence like this. I condemn the protestiorrs for their overly violent reaction same as I condemn him for going there with a gun, everyone is in the wrong here. There is no excuse for killing protestors either. He is lucky they didn't kill him. Once he was disarmed and subdued, they stopped. Shame the other side has to go to extremes and just flat out shoot people....

Edited by tingtongteesood

whistling.gif Reading some of the responses to the story here it strikes me that the some posters are showing their instinctive prejudices.

No evidence of any connection whatsoever to EITHER side is presented.

But the posters automatically assume that the shooter MUST have been associated with he other side, the one they have a prejudice against.

One poster automatically assumes the shooter must be a government supporter.

The other automatically assumes the shooter must have been a anti-government protester who wishes to discredit the government.

Neither of these assumptions are rational and can nor be supported because there is no evidence.

Without evidence BOTH of these assumptions are nonsense .... just a reflection of the posters prejudices.

I hope the posters can see that BOTH of these assumptions are irrational.

Simply because they have no evidence for either assumption.

It would seem there are two possibilities to what happened.

1. A cop entered a crowd of protesters, and while among them pulled out a gun and shot someone in the foot knowing full well the mob would descend on him, likely beat him to death and find out his true identity due to the fact that he forgot to leave his police ID at home before carrying out the despicable act which would be to nobody's benefit.

2. As was stated earlier and shown in the VDO clip, he was doing his job by working undercover, got spotted by protest guards who chased him, caught him and began assaulting him. In the struggle either he or one of the protest guards caused a round to be discharged from his gun (which he shouldn't have had) hitting a protester in the foot which resulted in the disgusting scene we saw unfold in the video.

Whatever happened and regardless of race, creed, colour or affiliation, this type of mob behavior should not be tolerated and the police should charge each and every one of the perpetrators seen in the video with attempted murder.

• Like 1

Of course, people could just read the other english language newspaper about a certain Pol Sen Sgt Maj Kongphet Phetkanha of the Metropolitan Police Division 2 and get a bit more useful information about what allegedly happened. Both the bluesky version of events and the Police Spokesmans version.

• Like 1

I just heard CNN's report on this (9:30PM) .. their report was ... "shots were fired at the Army Complex where Yingluck Shinawatra was meeting" ..... this is the kind of propaganda that amsterdam and company are spewing out and CNN (and BBC) are shamelessly regurgitating it.....

• Like 1

100% not as spun by the yellow media.

He did not go there as hit man, he was undercover and that would be the same anywhere in the world.

As the mob was threatening the PM at the time, it is impossible any security force in the world would not have undercover cops in there.

Sad day for Thailand as Suthep screaming coup coup again on the back of an incident that his mob started and apears to have ended with an accidental gun shot and then attempted murder.

All on Camera and most have arrived at this conclusion after having seen it.

• Like 1

Aim_The Nation @Aim_NT 52m

The suspect gunman's skull was injured, chest bone broken, lung wounded. Rajavithi Hospital director said he was safe now.-NNA

Could've been worse had some of the protesters not helped him. What's likely to have happened is that they saw him taking pictures, tried to search him, he refused - and either he pulls the gun and tries to run away and they mob him, or they were rushing him before he pulled the gun. Impossible to tell from the video. But the shot is fired after they mob him so I'm guessing the gun went off either accidentally or in self defense.

Suthep's comments:

Sanitsuda Ekachai @sanitsuda 1h

Protesters were shot while returning from peaceful protest today bec of police negligence - Suthep

Suthep praised the protesters for their bravery and for being able to seize the attackers with weapons.

Suthep - the armed men were in black. With handcuffs and radio, you can guess who they are. One of them is indeed a policeman

Suthep - We have them red-handed, otherwise they would have argued that it was the third hand

Suthep: Yet the boss of this policeman dared say that the subordinate was on duty was attacked by us and the shooting was in self defence.

Suthep - In an about face, they eventually said that policeman was a fake policeman (they did?)

Absolutely disgusting display of mob violence, truly sickening.

If this man was indeed the shooter he should have been disarmed and handed to the Army

There is no excuse whatsoever for this level of violence

These are the people who claim to not use violence, they are peace loving protesters.

PCAD is increasingly looking like a proto fascist organisation.

We have the daily hate filled xenophobic speeches.

The denial of peoples right to cast votes

Now pack violence where they are the judge, jury and executioner.

How can anyone welcome PCAD plans for a non elected council of good people after witnessing this barbaric display.

I think it was a valiant display by the protest guards, they tackled an armed and dangerous intruder until he was disarmed and compliant, then carried him away for medical treatment. One was even shot while disarming the guy and once under control the guy was protected and transporter. The hospital reported he had minor injuries, unlike the person he shot.