All Bangkok's 50 election directors resign

webfact

There should be investigation into this resignations. It is not an isolated resignation but en masse.

Well yes, but is it actually illegal. Stupid, ill timed and a dereliction of duty, I agree, but what would the investigation be able to do apart from tell us all what we already know; they planned it this way.However it's not illegal to quit your job.

I hope they have lost their jobs, pensions etc cos they have let down Thai folk that they work for and received their cash in a nice job.

If they quit for political reasons, yep on board with that.

If they quit because they have legitimate, real concerns about the security arrangements for Sunday, then that's another matter.

Do we know why they quit yet?

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

lol, funny Thailand must be the only country in history to try to REFUSE an election w00t.gif

Wouldnt be so sure this is it true just yet and not just posturing. If they have resigned thats got to be good for the teaboys and girls, opportunity knocks. I thought the EC and Gov were supposed to be meeting today and discussing things. clearly the discussions are taking place in the usual unbaised and uncorrupted manner i see giggle.gif

The EC can no longer claim neutrality, great way to show the whole world. this isnt good at all not really it signals the fascists are running the show behind the scenes. At least thats another lot out of the closet. smile.png

The Network "M" close ranks, calls are made, civil servants refuse to do their jobs anymore.

All 50 resign wn masse.

No reasons are given of course.

Solution:

Hold the elections in the country and then we will have by-elections in Bangkok and the south to follow.

Thank you very much for quoting the Pheu Thai party line to us wai.gif

Oh dear. No ones got any balls around here.

On the contrary, they have demonstrated considerable courage, not to mention common sense.

Wither Chalerm in charge of 'security' they were probably shitting themselves at the thought of gun battles and mayhem at the polling booths.

lol, funny Thailand must be the only country in history to try to REFUSE an election w00t.gif

Wouldnt be so sure this is it true just yet and not just posturing. If they have resigned thats got to be good for the teaboys and girls, opportunity knocks. I thought the EC and Gov were supposed to be meeting today and discussing things. clearly the discussions are taking place in the usual unbaised and uncorrupted manner i see giggle.gif

The EC can no longer claim neutrality, great way to show the whole world. this isnt good at all not really it signals the fascists are running the show behind the scenes. At least thats another lot out of the closet. smile.png

The Network "M" close ranks, calls are made, civil servants refuse to do their jobs anymore.

All 50 resign wn masse.

Solution:

Hold the elections in the country and then we will have by-elections in Bangkok and the south to follow.

Your quotes from PTP sly scammers are causing us to lose brain cells.

There should be investigation into this resignations. It is not an isolated resignation but en masse.

Well yes, but is it actually illegal.Ill timed and a dereliction of duty, I agree, but what would the investigation be able to do apart from tell us all what we already know; they agreed to do it this way.

It could be the events of this weekend brought home to them what could happen at the polling stations and they felt that they would be in danger, unable to rely on having police protection.

However it's not illegal to quit your job.

If there were no protestors opposing the elections, there would not be any danger, would there?

Yes, but there are, aren't there?

So it makes sense to have some sort of plan in place. If they have quit because there isn't, then it could explain their actions.

If they quit for political reasons, well f#%k them.

They obviously were told to quit and the timing (as EC goes into meeting with The Elected by majority in free elections Yingluk) shows the connivance again.

Somchai needs to be hung out to dry for his wish you good luck jibe.

I'm thinking they expected the election to be called off and now they have lost their salaries for the Sunday election.... Will some un-resign now there is a big payday to be had?

EC showed again in full view of worlds media what conniving vermin they are.

• Like 2

They all came to the same conclusion that they need to resign... amazing Thailand...

The DSI threatened them a few days ago - what did you expect

Plus the inaction of police while people are being gunned down at voting stations

I think they just decided enough was enough - I suspect more will follow

All 50 resign wn masse.

Solution:

Your quotes from PTP sly scammers are causing us to lose brain cells.

Yes, aren't you lucky you weren't born with any to begin with...... cheesy.gif

• Like 2

Well yes, but is it actually illegal.Ill timed and a dereliction of duty, I agree, but what would the investigation be able to do apart from tell us all what we already know; they agreed to do it this way.

It could be the events of this weekend brought home to them what could happen at the polling stations and they felt that they would be in danger, unable to rely on having police protection.

If there were no protestors opposing the elections, there would not be any danger, would there?

So it makes sense to have some sort of plan in place. If they have quit because there isn't, then it could explain their actions.

Well, so let's hope that the EC has learnt the lessons of the past weekend and put the necessary measures in place to ensure that FREE & FAIR elections can take place.

• Like 1

Lets take a name check on these 50 persons and keep track of where they end up, it is only a matter of time before the Democrats are back in power and no doubt these names will reappear in various 'positions'then.

That will be interesting to watch! We certainly saw that with the Redshirts such as Nuttawutt! Keep track and let us know smile.png

Personally, is my spouse were in the position that these people were in I would have suggested resignation. Risking immediate wrath and possibly later fallout is certainly not worth the tiny salary that comes with the position. They were damned either way and the only safe way out for them was to be clear of the whole mess.

Right, no honour, just money and fear that counts. *sarcastic mode* A good thing to teach your children ...

Well, so let's hope that the EC has learnt the lessons of the past weekend and put the necessary measures in place to ensure that FREE & FAIR elections can take place.

Free and fair elections, something we all aspire to. Lets hope.

• Like 2

Lets take a name check on these 50 persons and keep track of where they end up, it is only a matter of time before the Democrats are back in power and no doubt these names will reappear in various 'positions'then.

Sigh!!!

Why sigh? What Smutcakes said is actually something very easy to do, and just wait, no harm to anyone... I think Smutcakes did not go too much far from reality.

International observers claim that the last election was fair. (cheating was Buam jai Thai and Chart Pattana as I recall- not PTP).

Aw well- why let facts disturb small brains into the explosion of cognitive dissonance.

If the 50 election directors formally resigned than I guess the Election Commission needs to formally appoint 50 Election Directors even if (some of) those old ones would be willing to come back into their old position.

Tell you a funny story, our town hall is closed. Protestors put a sign up saying it will remain closed till Yingluk is out, I'm in the South this is common.

But it's a fake, the town hall staff did it because their Dem political masters told them they had to or they'd lose their jobs. Round the side, the door is still open, the voter registrations are processed, the elections go on. The town hall is very friendly, they're explaining its all fine, they just were told to do it, but elections are ready.

This is what Suthep is, just a fake PR action.

It was supposed to start with a 'spontaneous people's protest', but it was organized and bussed in.

Then a media PR lie to pretend it was millions, but you could count them in the photos, and TV showed live drone feeds revealing the lie

Then angry doctors join the protests, but they were just people dressed in white carrying a red-cross flag

Then angry strudents, the Students something something for reform! Turn out to be old men with black faces and Southern accents, just another fake

Government officers were supposed to hold strikes, but they didn't want to.

Schools, town halls close in support of Suthep in the South, but the teachers are angry and the town halls do business as normal, just in secret.

Then a march from the north of angry farmers demanding money... photos reveal no mob and no march

Sutheps runs out of money, the rent-a-mob go home, his guards want to go home,

Now we have a little rescue effort to save something from the NACC/EC etc.

Time to take out the trash, this party is over.

Well at least they didn't torch the town halls rolleyes.gif

On a more serious note, a similar story can be told about the Pheu Thai stronghold and the red-shirt villages were it's clear 'we will vote' and 'we will vote correctly'.

The initial protests was spontaneous. The undemocratic pushed through parliament 'blanket amnesty bill' was too much. From 2004 to 2013-08-09 as well. Why did the Yingluck government need to have it's first two years in office covered? Any activity related to the 2006 coup or the 2010 riots, or just enormous corruption, government broke and Thaksin with a new passport.

No farmers, no march? What's true though is the 'no mob'.

As for saving from NACC / EC, did I hear Thailand slide down the corrupting index again? Soon to be on top of the list I guess.

Edited by rubl
  • Like 1

I think that most people would call the enmass resignations a statement, or a message, to Yingluck and the shameful one in Dubai.

This goose is cooked. Stick a fork in it.

• Like 1

Sigh!!!

Why sigh? What Smutcakes said is actually something very easy to do, and just wait, no harm to anyone... I think Smutcakes did not go too much far from reality.

I have little doubt that if the government changes, they will reappear somewhere.

With a suitable raise..

If the 50 election directors formally resigned than I guess the Election Commission needs to formally appoint 50 Election Directors even if (some of) those old ones would be willing to come back into their old position.

Tell you a funny story, our town hall is closed. Protestors put a sign up saying it will remain closed till Yingluk is out, I'm in the South this is common.

But it's a fake, the town hall staff did it because their Dem political masters told them they had to or they'd lose their jobs. Round the side, the door is still open, the voter registrations are processed, the elections go on. The town hall is very friendly, they're explaining its all fine, they just were told to do it, but elections are ready.

This is what Suthep is, just a fake PR action.

It was supposed to start with a 'spontaneous people's protest', but it was organized and bussed in.

Then a media PR lie to pretend it was millions, but you could count them in the photos, and TV showed live drone feeds revealing the lie

Then angry doctors join the protests, but they were just people dressed in white carrying a red-cross flag

Then angry strudents, the Students something something for reform! Turn out to be old men with black faces and Southern accents, just another fake

Government officers were supposed to hold strikes, but they didn't want to.

Schools, town halls close in support of Suthep in the South, but the teachers are angry and the town halls do business as normal, just in secret.

Then a march from the north of angry farmers demanding money... photos reveal no mob and no march

Sutheps runs out of money, the rent-a-mob go home, his guards want to go home,

Now we have a little rescue effort to save something from the NACC/EC etc.

Time to take out the trash, this party is over.

Very interesting

Did we not see in pattani the Moslem elders came out to protect the polling stations?

The baying mob weren't to be seen.

A portent. Not everyone in the south supports Suthep

Those who do well why do they?

Terrible infrastructure etc.

It can only mean that pockets are being filled.

Trickle down Suthep-economics perhaps?

After the coup I was told no-one on Samui paid any taxes.

• Like 2

Not unexpected at all, and apparently, the only way that they could possibly make the lady see sense.

What is now required is for her to make a public appearance announcing that the election is off, she and her caretaker government are stepping down, Suthep can therefore call off the street protests, and the business of carrying out necessary reforms can get under way.

She must also make it very clear to the Red Shirt extremists that their cause is over, and they should return to their homes; furthermore, anyone caught involved in any acts of shootings or bombing in response to the resignation of the government should be made to face the full extent of the law.

And if the caretaker govt steps down, who will govern? And do you think that there won't be further protests?

If the REDs were to take to the streets, I would then believe in claims of millions marching.

I dare say the reds may indeed come to town.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app