All Bangkok's 50 election directors resign

webfact

Just as the military should not give Suthep what he wants with a coup; Yingluk should not allow the Dictator Suthep be rewarded with cancelling elections! Think of the precedent being set if Suthep can dictate the happenings of goverment and the people!

• Like 2

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just as the military should not give Suthep what he wants with a coup; Yingluk should not allow the Dictator Suthep be rewarded with cancelling elections! Think of the precedent being set if Suthep can dictate the happenings of goverment and the people!

Lets take a name check on these 50 persons and keep track of where they end up, it is only a matter of time before the Democrats are back in power and no doubt these names will reappear in various 'positions'then.

That will be interesting to watch! We certainly saw that with the Redshirts such as Nuttawutt! Keep track and let us know :)

Personally, is my spouse were in the position that these people were in I would have suggested resignation. Risking immediate wrath and possibly later fallout is certainly not worth the tiny salary that comes with the position. They were damned either way and the only safe way out for them was to be clear of the whole mess.

Lets take a name check on these 50 persons and keep track of where they end up, it is only a matter of time before the Democrats are back in power and no doubt these names will reappear in various 'positions'then.

Maybe it's a good idea to keep track of them in case they start 'disappearing'.........

Not unexpected at all, and apparently, the only way that they could possibly make the lady see sense.

What is now required is for her to make a public appearance announcing that the election is off, she and her caretaker government are stepping down, Suthep can therefore call off the street protests, and the business of carrying out necessary reforms can get under way.

She must also make it very clear to the Red Shirt extremists that their cause is over, and they should return to their homes; furthermore, anyone caught involved in any acts of shootings or bombing in response to the resignation of the government should be made to face the full extent of the law.

Suthep will not call off the protests unless he can set up his "unelected peoples council" and THEN carry out reforms. This is what he said right?.

Yingluck should stand down / Suthep should hand himself over to the police.

Checkmate Thaksin. He can now enjoy the rest of his life in Dubai. Never mind by the time the courts are finished the rest of the mafia family may want to join him.

On the way out Yingluck should have the morals and decency for once in her puppet life and with conviction cede governance and call for meaningful reform.

And perhaps a reform item could be to allow courts to proceed with certain types of charges even when the person charged is not in Thailand, and after the person charged has opportunity to defend themselves from abroad, etc. Corruption would be a good starter.

Not in the least bit suprised by this latest piece of treachery by Thai Civil Servants to the lawful government of the land.

Frankly, the Election Commission - from top to bottom - have proved themselves to be either the most incompetent group of fools to ever to be appointed, or the most corrupt and treacherous and dishonest bunch of penpushers you could ever imagine,

At least they have now come out openly as a part of the foreplay to the "judicial coup" that Thailand's civil administration are carefully plotting away at.

Funny this. My wife's uncle is head of it in Korat. I was always curious where he hides the wonga, but he's just a nice bloke.

I guess in Korat he doesn't have to hand out any red cards.

There should be investigation into this resignations. It is not an isolated resignation but en masse.

Were these the people who closed the polling stations when any protestor simply appears waving a flag? Who appointed them in the first place? Was it Somchai Srisuthiyakorn by any chance?

So much corruption here, name and shame them.

• Like 1

There should be investigation into this resignations. It is not an isolated resignation but en masse.

Well yes, but is it actually illegal. Stupid, ill timed and a dereliction of duty, I agree, but what would the investigation be able to do apart from tell us all what we already know; they planned it this way.However it's not illegal to quit your job.

I hope they have lost their jobs, pensions etc cos they have let down Thai folk that they work for and received their cash in a nice job.

• Like 2

Given the fact that many posters on this and other threads have mentioned the fact that Suthep and his crowd are anti-foreigner, I find it amazing that so many seem to want the man to get what he's aiming for.

I sincerely hope that, as we're all exiting the kingdom without our money, homes, possessions, valuables, dogs, hopes, dreams and even families, you remember to thank him for giving you the opportunity to return to your beloved home countries where you can live in style and continue failing to understand the reality of life.

If I meet any of you on the way out - watch out!

hahahahaha scary eh...would love to see you take your home with you...broad shoulders no-doubt...safe flight now....clap2.gif

Anarchy!!. The rebels appear to win and total chaos is the future of Thailand. Mr.Suthep is responsible, accountable for every victim of this rebellion. Any government would arrest this hooligan!

responsible for example, the thug who shot dead a protester today in front of the army hospital? red violence at ramkhampaeng and in Bang na? Only 14 posts; are you trying to get Chalerm-level credibility?

Both sides are equally accountable and as yet no one of any color has been charged.

Since when does 2000 posts make you an expert.

Sounds to me like you have too much time on your hands

Not unexpected at all, and apparently, the only way that they could possibly make the lady see sense.

What is now required is for her to make a public appearance announcing that the election is off, she and her caretaker government are stepping down, Suthep can therefore call off the street protests, and the business of carrying out necessary reforms can get under way.

She must also make it very clear to the Red Shirt extremists that their cause is over, and they should return to their homes; furthermore, anyone caught involved in any acts of shootings or bombing in response to the resignation of the government should be made to face the full extent of the law.

Maybe so but the red leader in the north just announced that if elections were not held this sunday he and the reds will be on their way to bkk to make trouble

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Anarchy!!. The rebels appear to win and total chaos is the future of Thailand. Mr.Suthep is responsible, accountable for every victim of this rebellion. Any government would arrest this hooligan!

responsible for example, the thug who shot dead a protester today in front of the army hospital? red violence at ramkhampaeng and in Bang na? Only 14 posts; are you trying to get Chalerm-level credibility?

Both sides are equally accountable and as yet no one of any color has been charged.

Ehhhhhhhhh rolleyes.gif .........coffee1.gif

Personally, if my spouse were in the position that these people were in I would have suggested resignation. Risking immediate wrath and possibly later fallout is certainly not worth the tiny salary that comes with the position. They were damned either way and the only safe way out for them was to be clear of the whole mess.

Agreed. Why risk your life when the police and army won't protect you? This election is really a waste of time because if PTP wins the yellow saturated appointed commissions will simply dust off an obscure rule and disqualify the vote on a whim, or have the party disqualified and banned again for any one of many reasons they choose to conjure up on the fly.

This is so we can repeat the cycle all over again of forming a new party, waiting five years for the next generation of mobs blowing whistles and waving happy clappers.

Why risk your life for that? I'm afraid that many would prefer to risk their lives in an all out civil war. Hopefully not, after all, TIT.

• Like 1

Given the fact that many posters on this and other threads have mentioned the fact that Suthep and his crowd are anti-foreigner, I find it amazing that so many seem to want the man to get what he's aiming for.

I sincerely hope that, as we're all exiting the kingdom without our money, homes, possessions, valuables, dogs, hopes, dreams and even families, you remember to thank him for giving you the opportunity to return to your beloved home countries where you can live in style and continue failing to understand the reality of life.

If I meet any of you on the way out - watch out!

Ridiculous.......

This was the biggest keyboard Olympian post of the year. Haha, watch out.

• Like 1

No claims at being an expert; just stating the obvious. Regarding time, at work. You're on here posting too, silly head.

Well yes, but is it actually illegal.Ill timed and a dereliction of duty, I agree, but what would the investigation be able to do apart from tell us all what we already know; they agreed to do it this way.

It could be the events of this weekend brought home to them what could happen at the polling stations and they felt that they would be in danger, unable to rely on having police protection.

However it's not illegal to quit your job.

It depends on the circumstance from which they quit their job. Only investigation can determine it. Quitting their job does not free them from investigation.

Quitting parliament need some sort of punishment. What the democrats did is anti-democratic and is first steps to a failed state. minimum 3 years in prison if resigning as MP without a good reason. Disagreeing with other MP is not a good reason. Disagreement is the foundation of Democracy, quitting is not.

Same should go for public appointed jobs like this. Quit or don't do you job and you should be held personally responsible.

Were you be locked up for quitting your last job? I don't know of any democracy where that would happen.

• Like 2

I say, ask for city volunteers. If necessary, bring in some redshirt volunteers! If head of EC resigns, assign a new person with courage!

Worse case, delay/ reschedule only the election booths that are unable to prepare. You can not reward people that do wrong.

• Like 1

Personally, if my spouse were in the position that these people were in I would have suggested resignation. Risking immediate wrath and possibly later fallout is certainly not worth the tiny salary that comes with the position. They were damned either way and the only safe way out for them was to be clear of the whole mess.

Agreed. Why risk your life when the police and army won't protect you? This election is really a waste of time because if PTP wins the yellow saturated appointed commissions will simply dust off an obscure rule and disqualify the vote on a whim, or have the party disqualified and banned again for any one of many reasons they choose to conjure up on the fly.

This is so we can repeat the cycle all over again of forming a new party, waiting five years for the next generation of mobs blowing whistles and waving happy clappers.

Why risk your life for that? I'm afraid that many would prefer to risk their lives in an all out civil war. Hopefully not, after all, TIT.

In any civilized country where gov staff were at risk then armed police or perhaps army should be in place to protect them. BUT, nobody here knows what they are doing, just wrapped up in their tax payers job with not a care for anything, as long as they are doing nothing. Sure a worldwide laughing stock. Vast Police and Army yet nobody controls anything..sad.png