TAT adjusts tourism promotion budget distribution plan

webfact

TAT adjusts tourism promotion budget distribution plan

BANGKOK, 29 Jan 2014 (NNT) - Mr. Tawatchai Aranyik, Governor of the Tourism Authority of Thailand, revealed that the TAT has suspended its budget distribution to this year's tourism promotion campaign in foreign markets due to uncertainties in the political situation.

He said that currently the TAT is exercising a modest spending plan by refraining from unnecessary expenditures like advertisements in foreign countries which have strongly advised their citizens against traveling to Bangkok. He added that the moderate spending will allow the TAT to have sufficient money to revive the tourism market once the Thai politics returns to normalcy, without having to make, or wait for, a new budget request to a new government.

Mr. Tawatchai said that in the 2014 fiscal year, the TAT has been allocated 1.5 billion baht in budget to attract foreign tourists. However, due to the uncertainties in the election date and the period for a new government to be formed, the 27 TAT branches abroad have been instructed to postpone marketing campaigns until further notice.

Nonetheless, the Governor said the TAT would still launch a tourism promotion campaign in the month of love in February, during which destinations popular among lovers such as Pai in Mae Hong Son, underwater wedding in Trang, or wedding ceremony in red lotus pond in Udon Thani Province will be encouraged. Other interesting activities include Pranburi Love Romance campaign in Prachuap Khiri Khan, marriage registration on an elephant’s back in Surin Province, and rock climbing at Railay beach in Krabi.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-01-29 footer_n.gif

• Like 1

Allocated 1.5 billion just to promote, and the other money allocated---where is that.???

Underwater weddings----Weddings in red lotus pond UDON----Love romance campaign----Elephants back wedding registration.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I have never heard of such bleeding Bollo#ks in all my life, these are less than 1% of things persons come here for.

27 TAT branches abroad ??? how many staff man these--what a super job--I want. and all these branches are laying low for the time being--on full pay of course.

This government organization should be investigated --all it's budget and perks. it is a farce and a joke. Not a penny spent on stopping the scams but budget spent on underwater weddings, Oh my god sums up the financial mess we are in. Scrap the agency---re-model it sling out the dead wood.

Jess who pissed in your cereal bowl this morning

Allocated 1.5 billion just to promote, and the other money allocated---where is that.???

Underwater weddings----Weddings in red lotus pond UDON----Love romance campaign----Elephants back wedding registration.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I have never heard of such bleeding Bollo#ks in all my life, these are less than 1% of things persons come here for.

27 TAT branches abroad ??? how many staff man these--what a super job--I want. and all these branches are laying low for the time being--on full pay of course.

This government organization should be investigated --all it's budget and perks. it is a farce and a joke. Not a penny spent on stopping the scams but budget spent on underwater weddings, Oh my god sums up the financial mess we are in. Scrap the agency---re-model it sling out the dead wood.

Jess who pissed in your cereal bowl this morning

Have you any comment about TAT ??? without this stupid remark. let's hear it--could be interesting.

• Like 1

I live near Ban Ta Klang (Elephant Village) in Surin. I went to the wedding ceremony last year. There weren't that many farang that were paraded around so I will make a point of counting this year. My TG informs me that in the past only farang got married on the Feb 14 event, but now Thais do too. I saw my first 2 Russkies in the village this week as I was out on my bicycle, so I await to see if the Russians and Chinese go for it.