thai police interested in my GF!

deavenger

Be nice to the policeman, invite him out when you go drinking. If you're a reasonable person (happy, calm, generous, etc) he won't screw you over and you'll be able to count on him if you have problems with other people.

That's not only bad advice, it's also untrue and potentially dangerous. Stay as far away from the BIB as possible.

Think back to when you were going out with girls in your home country, what did you do there? The policeman will not make a problem as long as you don't give him cause to do so. As a safe-guard though, it may be an idea to get to know some higher ranked police officers at the station....................]

More lousy advice! One can't compare this situation with one in the OP's home country.

The policeman can make any problem for the OP he likes. The cause being he wants the OP's girl.

Get real!

Agree fully.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys for many replies..Some look like genuine advices. .

Anyway I am not really worried he is her real husband , or if she will run away with him...

I have gone through many with her to know her intentions with me..but heart may change ..and if it changes ..to hell with it...There are many ladies out there...

Now the real point is...I want to know what this idiot can do to me ...As in put me in jail for no reason ..I'm more concern about that...

So this thread is not a bgr issue..

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Well, if that's the case, why are you so concerned? Oh I see, you are worried about your own skin, rather than your loved one. If she doesn't matter, why bother?

What does he speak to you on the phone about..?

he is friendly.. ask me how is the weather in my country, ask me when am i coming to see her again?

my gf is not rude to him but is not showing too keen to talk to him as well...

I new this would happen one day..!! darn...

hope someone can give some advise to counter

Ask him for money. Tell him if he is truly interested in your girlfriend you want something like a million baht. Then proceed to tell him that his wife is very nice and would the two of them like to come for coffee and a dinner at the restaurant.

Just curious how you say.......I knew this would happen one day! Seriously! You thought that one day a police man would come along wanting your girlfriend and start harassing you on long distance telephone calls??? You have an amazingly active imagination.

Good for a laugh though......good story.

Be nice to the policeman, invite him out when you go drinking. If you're a reasonable person (happy, calm, generous, etc) he won't screw you over and you'll be able to count on him if you have problems with other people.

I wouldn't get involved with him socially or even friendly. I would treat him in a very business-like manner, as if he is just another customer. Not unfriendly, not rudely, just as an ordinary customer. DO NOT drink with him or treat him as a friend. You will get asked for favours, loans etc and that will lead to disasters. And DO NOT expect favours from the police - that is asking for trouble - they will only expect something in return. Although it may not be necessary, if he starts causing trouble, then start recording conversations/videos. This is a last resort in case of trouble, not something that is likely to be needed, but just a forethought.

I have thought about what you said before..

I have also thought about recording conversation. .but would it help..

The police I report to only will cover up for him ..even if not..others related with him can come and disturb her or shop further

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

H1w4yR1da, on 30 Jan 2014 - 10:21, said:H1w4yR1da, on 30 Jan 2014 - 10:21, said:
wprime, on 29 Jan 2014 - 14:29, said:wprime, on 29 Jan 2014 - 14:29, said:

That's not only bad advice, it's also untrue and potentially dangerous. Stay as far away from the BIB as possible.
chrisinth, on 30 Jan 2014 - 07:48, said:chrisinth, on 30 Jan 2014 - 07:48, said:

Think back to when you were going out with girls in your home country, what did you do there? The policeman will not make a problem as long as you don't give him cause to do so. As a safe-guard though, it may be an idea to get to know some higher ranked police officers at the station....................]

More lousy advice! One can't compare this situation with one in the OP's home country.

The policeman can make any problem for the OP he likes. The cause being he wants the OP's girl.

Get real!

Don't understand the problem with the question as to what you would do in your home country reference someone hitting on your GF. Forget the policeman part of it for the moment and think about the personal relationship part of it.

At first I thought this was a troll post, and then thought that it was only paranoia on the OP's part. But, reading some of the replys that have been given as advice, perhaps it is not only the OP that is paranoid...................sad.png

Yes, it is true that the policeman could make trouble if he put his mind to it, but, IMHO highly unlikely. He seems to be just being friendly. If the objective was to move in on the girl, why would you discuss the subject with the current boyfriend?

Edited by chrisinth

5555555!

• Like 1

Hey mate, don't worry too much. If you trust her, ask her to be polite but firm and be professional.trust me is she gives a little cold shoulder every time he s there, eventually he will give up. Hope things gets better for you and her.

Being in business and if your GF is attractive these will tske place on regular basis. How long can you control and guard?

It all depends on her to be honest.

maybe he knows you cant support her as he will know that any girl working hard in a noodle place isnt really being taken care of. therefor he considers her within his grasp.

it is not common for a girl to work selling noodles if she has a supportive ferang boyfriend. that is possibley why he is inerested in your earnings

oh... good point...

my reason why i want her to open her own shop ..

I want her to work for her money.. of course initial investment is from me.. but i dont get a cent..

however I am still subsidizing..

Number 1 rule in obtaining thai gf-----SUBSIDIZATION! exceptions noted!

I would. He is paying for a gf. What am i missing? A moneylosing business? All parties will eventually say <deleted> is this and move on anyway! might as well do it now. Girls subsidy will need to keep pace with inflation......etc etc.

This for the science inclined is thai BLACKhole.

Be careful. Dump her or you'll end up in jail or worse.

...really???????

are you serious?

Edited by billSMITH

Oh Amigo, it's sad to say but this is very bad luck.

It's never good news if policeman approaches to you anyway in TH.

You can't do anything. only wait may be he get fed up.

I don't recommend you to make friendship with him. If he will have any material problem (always about mia noi costs and gambling) he will wait solution form you. form the big falang amigo.

Just a weeee thought. As we all know the Thai smile is a mandatory thing, part of life. Soooooo, tell your bird to show clearly she does not smile where this guy is concerned, BUT smiles with everyone else, it will get picked up. smile.png

He can make your life as awkward as he wants, that's the truth. However, you got to be one step ahead. Like some posters are saying, get your girl out of the shop for a while and someone else to manage. Instruct them to tell this 'copper' that your Mrs. has had to go away, work away, look after the chickens, whatever, he'll soon get bored. In my experience, they aint the sharpest tools in the box so just take away his opportunity to flirt and stop worrying.

He can make your life as awkward as he wants, that's the truth. However, you got to be one step ahead. Like some posters are saying, get your girl out of the shop for a while and someone else to manage. Instruct them to tell this 'copper' that your Mrs. has had to go away, work away, look after the chickens, whatever, he'll soon get bored. In my experience, they aint the sharpest tools in the box so just take away his opportunity to flirt and stop worrying.

your advice qualifies as "not the sharpest". 1. Hire another emplyoee for an already money losing operation. Really op should give the cop the girl AND the business............lol.

Edited by billSMITH

Get real!

Like I said the advice only applies if you're a reasonable person, you feeling it's bad advice reflects more on your character than it does on the BiB.

I like northern girls. No need to elaborate.

AGAIN- you dont go into business with a girl youve seen NAKED!

Has it ever occurred to you that he loves this girl and will do and does do anything he can for her?

And for your information, I never mentioned hiring anyone. We all have friends in times of need, except maybe you of cause. smile.png

your advice qualifies as "not the sharpest". 1. Hire another emplyoee for an already money losing operation. Really op should give the cop the girl AND the business............lol.

Get with the program Bill, LMB is not saying give away the GF and business. And sometimes a small loss is better than losing the business altogether.

However I would add that maybe the OP would be better off without the business, if one can call it that.

• Like 1

Yes, need. What's this "northern" category?

Are you talking about Isaan, or Lanna or hilltribe or????

You mean YOU don't. And who says he's "in business with" her.

More like an alternative to an outright salary/allowance, helps to keep her busy out of trouble, maybe just maybe she proves herself trustworthy for more down the road, lots of bedmate partnerships work out just fine.

Not like he's betting his retirement savings on a little noodle shop 8-)

(Right OP?)

You can't elaborate cos' you haven't a clue have you?

'AGAIN- you dont go into business with a girl youve seen NAKED!'

With this comment, I suggest you travel the length and breadth of the country telling every expat that has a business with his partner or in his partners name and inform them with your 'sharp advice' wink.png

Good luck, you will need it. I also imagine you will be away a long time.

Think before you post man, please.

• Like 1

In this case the OP is ex-Thailand and the policeman apparently is just-in-the-neighborhood on a (near) daily basis.

You can't blame the policeman for trying but if you g/f is firm to him about NOT being interested, he will lose interest and stop bothering her.