Noppadon's letter to UN sec gen

webfact

Nobody credible outside Thailand is supporting the pdrc actions.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Nor is anyone credible supporting Yingluck. Just like they're not supporting the current govt in the Ukraine.

Change is needed and not through the ballot box. Hard to understand, for some people.

My students had a debate during our current unit on conflict resolution, entitled "not all conflict is bad"

They finally agreed that it is true, at every level, in certain situations, especially when a bad, greedy government is stealing from the people for themselves. Some mentioned Thailand as an example. Others talked about Syria and The Ukraine.

They figured it out for themselves, grade 5 students.

So, this begs the question, who's as smart as a grade 5 student?

Not sure this student would agree with you:

'Dear Suthep

My name is Netiwit Chotepatpaisarn. I am a Grade 11 student who is interested in political news. I am truly worried about the situation since it is violent and there have been some deaths. As you are part of this crisis, I would like to show you my concern, and also ask you some questions. I am sincerely concerned about our country.

1. I am curious about the objective of your protest. What do you want? I am so curious that I cannot hide it anymore. You protested against the Amnesty Bill. And I agreed that the government was not right about this. But the government already scrapped the bill, so why is the protest still going on, and even getting more violent? You said that it would stop this day, that day, since before New Year. Why you are still there now?

2. As I asked you “What do you want?” You say you want to reform Thailand to become a “perfect democracy”. However, I am curious if your methods, and your protesters, will really lead Thailand to reform. You proposed that Thailand elect provincial governors, but your council said the governors should be 75% designated, and 25% elected. You also proposed that soldiers come out to enact a coup d’état. You also said that you are against the upcoming election. You know this violates people’s rights. They are people, and you are one of them. We must respect each other’s rights, mustn’t we? I am not sure if what you are doing is really called democracy, or that it will lead to a “perfect democracy”.'

(continues here: http://www.chiangmaicitynews.com/news.php?id=3111)

First things first, it's ok to disagree.

It's a well written letter for a student and I'm glad that she has decided not to hide her curiosity anymore; a big step in the right direction.

Her next step may be to research some different perspectives, maybe draw on different conflicts to find some connections, as well as looking into why the Thaksin clan have divided the nation. The facts.

This would certainly provide a broader viewpoint, and she may be able to answer some of her own questions.

Thanks for sharing :)

Your never read the article did you....??? " she" is a " he "

I'm sure you've heard that before ;)

Edited by looping

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nobody credible outside Thailand is supporting the pdrc actions.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Nor is anyone credible supporting Yingluck. Just like they're not supporting the current govt in the Ukraine.

Change is needed and not through the ballot box. Hard to understand, for some people.

My students had a debate during our current unit on conflict resolution, entitled "not all conflict is bad"

They finally agreed that it is true, at every level, in certain situations, especially when a bad, greedy government is stealing from the people for themselves. Some mentioned Thailand as an example. Others talked about Syria and The Ukraine.

They figured it out for themselves, grade 5 students.

So, this begs the question, who's as smart as a grade 5 student?

Not sure this student would agree with you:

'Dear Suthep

My name is Netiwit Chotepatpaisarn. I am a Grade 11 student who is interested in political news. I am truly worried about the situation since it is violent and there have been some deaths. As you are part of this crisis, I would like to show you my concern, and also ask you some questions. I am sincerely concerned about our country.

1. I am curious about the objective of your protest. What do you want? I am so curious that I cannot hide it anymore. You protested against the Amnesty Bill. And I agreed that the government was not right about this. But the government already scrapped the bill, so why is the protest still going on, and even getting more violent? You said that it would stop this day, that day, since before New Year. Why you are still there now?

2. As I asked you “What do you want?” You say you want to reform Thailand to become a “perfect democracy”. However, I am curious if your methods, and your protesters, will really lead Thailand to reform. You proposed that Thailand elect provincial governors, but your council said the governors should be 75% designated, and 25% elected. You also proposed that soldiers come out to enact a coup d’état. You also said that you are against the upcoming election. You know this violates people’s rights. They are people, and you are one of them. We must respect each other’s rights, mustn’t we? I am not sure if what you are doing is really called democracy, or that it will lead to a “perfect democracy”.'

(continues here: http://www.chiangmaicitynews.com/news.php?id=3111)

First things first, it's ok to disagree.

It's a well written letter for a student and I'm glad that she has decided not to hide her curiosity anymore; a big step in the right direction.

Her next step may be to research some different perspectives, maybe draw on different conflicts to find some connections, as well as looking into why the Thaksin clan have divided the nation. The facts.

This would certainly provide a broader viewpoint, and she may be able to answer some of her own questions.

Thanks for sharing :)

Your never read the article did you....??? " she" is a " he "

I'm sure you've heard that before ;)

But seriously, I read more than enough to get the gist of the argument and thought that my original response was very fair.