Kiat's letter to UN OHCHR Regional Office

webfact

pathetic

the Nation is digging pretty deep - trying to keep their agenda on track-

Becasuse the Nation has so blatantly supported the protests- could they fear that as the protest fizzles out, they will have lost a lot of credibility?

Maybe publishing crap like this is a desperate attempt not just to 'win'-- but to survive.

Edited by blaze
  • Like 2

pathetic

Becasuse the Nation has so blatantly supported the protests- could they fear that as the protest fizzles out, they will have lost a lot of credibility?

Maybe publishing crap like this is a desperate attempt to 'win'--

They won't.

they are rubbish but isnt it their job to publish an open letter ..me thinks yes..and you know it...thumbsup.gif

pathetic

Maybe publishing crap like this is a desperate attempt not just to 'win'-- but to survive.

You respond pathetic, but I don't see statement from you saying it is all untrue. Do you agree or disagree that these incidents happened or not.

Edited by Gonzo the Face
  • Like 2

Looks very sensible to me - by the way February 2nd I can vote - how many of YOU can really CHANGE ANYTHING HERE? OH............and no one will be buying MY vote - I will be giving it freelyto the side i see as the best choice. Very sad voters in the Northeast will be shepherded into the voting booths and watched. IM THAI I KNOW!!

• Like 1

pathetic

Maybe publishing crap like this is a desperate attempt to 'win'--

They won't.

they are rubbish but isnt it their job to publish an open letter ..me thinks yes..and you know it...thumbsup.gif

No- I don't think it is unless those letters are in the letters to the editor section.

This is a letter selected because it supports the Nation's editorial position- and you know it.

• Like 1

Pretty strong indication that you don't need a grasp on realpolitik or reality to rise up in the Dems. It's semi-literate and seems to assume that the UN are interested in the sort rambling nonsense that goes for political discourse in their world.

The only thing the UN is interested in is the result of the election. So, I wonder how the Dems are going to do?

• Like 2

Dear UN,

I love and miss you so much. Now I have big pomprem. I tell you before that my buffalo me sick. Now it die. Fall down dead in middle of big rice field. but, when it fall, it land on Papa and break him leg in three places. Now he not work. Brother me make stretcher from bamboo he take from loof of house.

Now roof collapse and rain get in house. Brother she take Papa to hospital on motocycle. She have accident coming home. Run into police car. Brother me to blame. Police say we have to pay big money. Motocycle OK. Police car no good. Now give Mama have heart pomprem. Doctor say she need triple bypass. I not understand what is, he say you know. If you not help me I have to go with many, many farang to pay bill.

The old people in my village say it all your fault. If you give me money buy medicine for sick buffalo when I ask you, then it not die, Papa not break leg, house still have loof, brother not ride into police car and Mama not have heart pomprem. Please send for me 200,000 baht for my bank. Papa fix: 10,000, new loof:30,000, New police car 100,000: Mama fix:50,000. I take off 2,000 bht for sell buffalo meat, but have to pay more hospital bill for 24 people have pomprem eat no good meat – 12,000bht. I not know money England but my friend me say it about 3,059,875 baht. This mean you send me 65,000 English money. Big money for me, little money for you.

I love you too mutt long time.

Thailan

Letter to Thaksin too?

Dear UN,

I love and miss you so much. Now I have big pomprem. I tell you before that my buffalo me sick. Now it die. Fall down dead in middle of big rice field. but, when it fall, it land on Papa and break him leg in three places. Now he not work. Brother me make stretcher from bamboo he take from loof of house.

Now roof collapse and rain get in house. Brother she take Papa to hospital on motocycle. She have accident coming home. Run into police car. Brother me to blame. Police say we have to pay big money. Motocycle OK. Police car no good. Now give Mama have heart pomprem. Doctor say she need triple bypass. I not understand what is, he say you know. If you not help me I have to go with many, many farang to pay bill.

The old people in my village say it all your fault. If you give me money buy medicine for sick buffalo when I ask you, then it not die, Papa not break leg, house still have loof, brother not ride into police car and Mama not have heart pomprem. Please send for me 200,000 baht for my bank. Papa fix: 10,000, new loof:30,000, New police car 100,000: Mama fix:50,000. I take off 2,000 bht for sell buffalo meat, but have to pay more hospital bill for 24 people have pomprem eat no good meat – 12,000bht. I not know money England but my friend me say it about 3,059,875 baht. This mean you send me 65,000 English money. Big money for me, little money for you.

I love you too mutt long time.

Thailan

The best laugh since Chalerm beheaded himself….

great piece of journalism.

• Like 2

Looks very sensible to me - by the way February 2nd I can vote - how many of YOU can really CHANGE ANYTHING HERE? OH............and no one will be buying MY vote - I will be giving it freelyto the side i see as the best choice. Very sad voters in the Northeast will be shepherded into the voting booths and watched. IM THAI I KNOW!!

I'm confused- you support the position of the letter writer- who comes from a party that demands that you NOT vote- supported by demos seeking to deny your right to vote-- and yet you plan to defy them and go vote anyway. And you seem to support the demos having permitted yhou that right by shutting down polling stations. You know why foreigners say thai logic is-- uhh- different?

Maybe your thinking is emblematic of much of the problems in YOUR country.

as you admit you are confused,please allow me to set you straight.The Opposistion have no chance of winning the election, because the Northern masses are sucked in by populist policys and only vote for the money not for Democracy. Start spreading the News.

• Like 1

And that is why I choose the Dems, over the Thaksinista,s.

Great- Feb 2nd go vote for them...

put your support into action.

All ready to take a truck load to vote for Suthep,whats your plan?

you are planning to vote for Suthep on Feb 2nd.? Why are you on this forum?

Just one more opportunity to look like a raving idiot?

I'm confused- you support the position of the letter writer- who comes from a party that demands that you NOT vote- supported by demos seeking to deny your right to vote-- and yet you plan to defy them and go vote anyway. And you seem to support the demos having permitted yhou that right by shutting down polling stations. You know why foreigners say thai logic is-- uhh- different?

Maybe your thinking is emblematic of much of the problems in YOUR country.

as you admit you are confused,please allow me to set you straight.The Opposistion have no chance of winning the election, because the Northern masses are sucked in by populist policys and only vote for the money not for Democracy. Start spreading the News.

Sorry- still confused== there is no significant opposition running in this election. The demos that you apparantly support, will harass you should you even try to vote. Yet you support the right of the demos to deny you your right to vote? And then go on to say that you intend to defy the fascists and vote anyway- while finding common cause with those who seek to deny your rigtht to do so.

The word 'crazy' mean anything to you?

Edited by blaze
  • Like 1

Uh huh.

And you know of societies where voting is not based on self interest do you?

Let me guess- Heaven- in Heaven people vote selflessly-- right?

Dangerous thinking jonestown boy.

Edited by blaze

pathetic

Mind you, theNation also published the announcements of caretaker MoFA and ex-CAPO chief Surapong on "so many country supports us"

• Like 2

Your Thai so you must know.

I hope Sunday you can vote, for your best choice.

Sadly Mr Abhisit The Democratic Party Suthip and The PDRC do not want Thais and good clever people like yourself to have that right. They will be doing there best to take your right to vote away from you.

I wish you all the best in standing up for your rights against these madmen.

Stand firm and make sure your vote is respected

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

Uh huh.

A lesson in democratic principles seems in order.

• Like 1

pathetic

Mind you, theNation also published the announcements of caretaker MoFA and ex-CAPO chief Surapong on "so many country supports us"

You think that publishing a decontextualized two line quote from a gov't official is the same as publishing a political tract from a nobody?

What next- The Nation as the voice of reason and impartiality? Truth and Reason?

C'mon Rubl- you are smart- I know that but you know full well that the Nation is devoted to the establishment.- and their publishing this boring crap just proves what most know. (regardless of color divide)

Edited by blaze
  • Like 1

Uh huh.

And again I ask- name a society where the citizens do NOT vote on the basis of self interest?"

O wait- I get it- the society where people don't vote is the society that people do not vote for self interest.

That explains your reasoning- deny the vote and you will get rid of that most horrible aspect of electoral democrary- self interest.

WOW.

Edited by blaze

pathetic

You think that publishing a decontextualized two line quote from a gov't official is the same as publishing a political tract from a nobody?

What next- The Nation as the voice of reason and impartiality? Truth and Reason?

C'mon Rubl- you are smart- I know that but you know full well that the Nation is devoted to the establishment.- and their publishing this boring crap just proves what most know. (regardless of color divide)

TheNation just published the full text of private citizen Noppadon's letter to the UN. What more do you want?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/700395-noppadons-letter-to-un-sec-gen/

• Like 2

Uh huh.

And again I ask- name a society where the citizens do NOT vote on the basis of self interest?"

O wait- I get it- the society where people don't vote is the society that people do not vote for self interest.

That explains your reasoning- deny the vote and you will get rid of that most horrible aspect of electoral democrary- self interest.

WOW.

Answer: Utopia.

Now back to reality, there is a difference between the level of 'self-interest' shown by voters in Western countries and the level of 'self-interest' shown here. North Korea is a bit extreme example of the 'self-interest' shown by voters, but poor people here completely reliant on the good will of their local overlords are in a not so much different position.