my gf things she is always right, even when she is wrong. Am I the only one?

AlexDorneles

Alex,

Nope. They all like this. Never admit wrong. It's a bad Thai habbit. My wife is nearly 50 and my father in law almost 80. Still they do it.

Don't ask a thing. do not want a thing, do everything by yourself, never ask for there opinion. Quite life. LOL

Good luck

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello guys...

To be fair judgement, this type of people are exist everywhere, this typoe of clumsy top stubborn people and who never see they are wrong are anywhere else,

personally, I have few of such tyrpes, but, unfortunatley I am not that one who holds a long breath with such type, as the other hand I have met some Thai friends who are the opposite of such types,

My friend, you are the man, and the so-called manship is the protect your dignity, no matter what they call love and bla bla.. a genuine respectful lady should honour her man and show some respect to him, or at leat try to compromise, if you still willing to continue with her, then our prayers to have more resisting power to absorb her arrogancy,

Here is what you tell her. SEE YA. I can not believe the number of men who put up with women's nonsense. Why? You afraid to be on your own? You let a woman steal your self respect. Ashamed of the men out there who fall for the whims of any women these days. Women are for inserting your penis into and releasing. Period. They are emotional trainwrecks who want to take everybody down with them. They are dream wreckers as well. Stop being nice to them and relying on then for your entertainment. Develop a hobby. Learn a new skill. Invest in yourself. Stop trying to make them happy. Make gf, wife- vaginamony, child support etc... someone elses problem. Live by this code,AMP. Another Mans Problem. I want to offer help. Don't destroy your lives and self respect over a woman. OP, get some balls and show this girl out today. You sound pauhetic opening a topic like this. TUROK

Edited by Turok
  • Like 1

My gf has a masters and is quite intelligent but expects me to be a mind reader and gets upset when I don't anticipate things she said or thought she said. She put my house keys in her coat pocket and hung it up. I had to look for them and was late. It was my fault because I didn't start looking for them before I knew she lost them.

Mmm, this might get a few opposing comments, but from my experience, it is not only your gf, it seems more a thai thing. No matter how right a farang is, and how wrong a thai is, they will nearly always go for the thai way. Just remember, never say "I told you so" or ask "why" they made that decision. You will be met with silence, could last a few days, and a turned head. Thais are brought up to believe they are right, never wrong, so you have NO chance of winning.

• Like 1

Not rude at all, it is a very valid point. She went to college but comes from a poor family.

You love her, continue to be patient. It will work itself through. This isn't about Thai people. This is world family and no Country has monopoly on this or any behavior. Stop making it an issue in your head and Sabai - Sabai. Enjoy.

One post and a quoted reply removed.

Can you place these censored comments in another thread...a "read at your own risk" thread?

I like to form my own opinions about a comment...my mother died years ago...

• Like 1

You've probably let her get away with murder, so be tack-full about the way you handle things.

Hmmm, were you meaning to say tactful? If not, can you please advise where to put the tacks. I put tacks on my teacher's chair in 4th grade. It produced immediate results - the class wasn't boring. I don't think it would work with my wife tho. She told me a story once about a Thai woman that sounded amazingly similar to Loranie Bobbit. It never left the back of my mind.

• Like 1

You've probably let her get away with murder, so be tack-full about the way you handle things.

Just in case you didn't intend to say tactful, can you advise where best to put the tacks? I put tacks on my teacher's chair in 4th grade and had immediate results - the class wasn't boring.

I dont really see the relivance of her nationality. The question should be my girlfriend always thinks shes right, anyone else have to put up with this? And the answer is - yeah millions of men in every country on the planet.

There is a tendancy to blame the things they do on them being thai.lazyness, jealousy etc. I personaly dont remember blaming other girlfriends bad habbits on them being english.

• Like 1

Just let her think she is right...

She have the right with her, she is thai, and u nothing else than a farang who need a H..e to put his f......g dick.

So be happy with it, man and not complain!

Or go back home and find a woman who will be able to love u, accept u !

An ex-GF of mine used this little saying to describe me when we were having a disagreement, "bless his pointed little head, you have to forgive him, he's just a man".

I have altered her original comment to my own tastes and now use it in my own self-defense whenever I stick my foot in my mouth, which seems to be often. Now when caught out by a woman I just say, "please forgive me, I'm just a man". Usually draws a chuckle and lightens the mood so I can escape with all my attachments.

I try to avoid generalization, but have experienced this with more than one woman in Thailand, most notably with my longest-running relationship (over 10 years). I wonder why I stayed so long, trying to get it to work. Anyhow she never once admitted being wrong about anything significant, though I admitted my own mistakes plenty of times. A weird corollary was that she accused me of saying she was wrong about everything and not right about anything, which was COMPLETELY untrue, just out of the blue. I can't imagine saying something like that. There was much more to this, and all I can say is I guess I had a few lessons to learn, but I am well out of that one. I have found a wonderful woman that I thank my lucky stars for, though, because she is so consistently helpful and upbeat. Even she, though, has what I am coming to believe is a cultural trait of Thai women, to be very sure of the correctness of their own attitudes about pretty much everything: about some things there simply is no debate. At least, this is what, in my experience, they act out. I don't know but that there might be some hidden uncertainty in there somewhere. But I think that sort of stubbornness just may be a national characteristic, stronger in some than others, of course. Anyhow she is so cool that it hardly bothers me at all, so even if it's there, it doesn't have to be a big deal.

Thanks guys.

<<< Flaming comments edited out of post >>>

Wow ... that could be a little holiday ....

Look Alex ...you must be a little new here as it's a trait of Thai ladies - sweet isn't it... maybe not to your extent though... but many would agree that ... I don't need Google - My wife knows everything.

Just look at the bottom line of this post.

One could suggest this trait is not just present in thai ladies only, but ladies the world over LOL

Can concur totally, around the world.... Learn about Women in general young man...........that's half the battle, just let them win once in a while, (even tho they are wrong....) Life will get much better then..