my gf things she is always right, even when she is wrong. Am I the only one?

AlexDorneles

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We hardly talk about anything else 8-)

Maybe only me having badluck then...

Luck's a very small part of it, but no, lots of fellas doing it wrong.

But I don't think a stubborn miss know-it-all attitude is the root of the problem.

My wife who paid little attention while driving and drove with her hands on the cross beam of the steering told me my driving was rubbish and she was better during some argument about something. I of course bust out laughing and pointed out she can't drive a manual and had to get her cousin to take her test for her and in an automatic. She insisted that she could drive a manual even though she had told me many times she couldn't.

So of course I said prove it. Off she went on about an 10km round journey in second gear in the van. clap2.gif

facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gif

"Does anyone have a gf that thinks she is always right or am I the only unlucky one?"

Ditto.

Only difference, mine is a wifesmile.png

Married 50 years and I have been in charge. My wife will argue with me and she knows she is wrong but will never admit it. I will just drop it. I have tried to prove to her that she is wrong and she just keep repeating her point of view (which is wrong). Now she is telling me how to drive, where to park. After being married for this long, I let he go. Happy wife, happy life.

It is not odd all.......

In the LOS it is calling saving face.... I often tell my Thai wife, that she is so stubborn, that she could make an Irishman blush......

In most cases through my many years of experience, it is just part of what they are.... It takes a looooooong time to convince them...

Best of Luck, kilosierra whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

Don't form any type of relationship with any woman from anywhere. Don't even talk to then. They are all the same. Lets stop defending women. All you are doing is supporting their psychosis. Women are for one purpose.

Use women for your sexual gratification then let her go. You will be surprised how many women want the same. Stop saying it is a Thai thing. It is a woman thing. Guys, stop voluntarily signing up for a life of marital or relationship misery. I don't feel sorry for any guy who signs up for this abuse. Their is enough information out their to support why a man should not make a home with a woman. If you want a life full of joy and fun, stay single. TUROK

Edited by Turok
  • Like 1

My gal's oldest sister is like that. And she will insist she is right...even if she knows she is wrong. One of her tactics is to talk loud and fast and then change the subject or walk away before you can correct her. It really is hilarious, but to her, she is saving face.

Don't bother correcting her, you walk away before she opens her mouth.

In life I have learned to receive talk in one ear that goes directly out the other, works great.............intheclub.gif

Is there anything in the middle to stop itbiggrin.png Well, you did stick your neck out..........

Edited by delh

Yes i had a TGF like that, its not her education standard its her learned behavior from youth, granny ran the house and everyone in it thats why gand pop at 80 preferred to stay in the fields than retire.

Stand your ground some things cant be compromised, give what you want to give and put your foot down where its important to you, my sweetie was a lot better when there were boundaries.

We are often right in the short term and our Thai wives or girl friends are looking at the bigger picture, so we get a moments glory and then there is a Thai factor that we haven't calculated into the scenario, and so the wife becomes right.

Don't form any type of relationship with any woman from anywhere. Don't even talk to then. They are all the same. Lets stop defending women. All you are doing is supporting their psychosis. Women are for one purpose.

Use women for your sexual gratification then let her go. You will be surprised how many women want the same. Stop saying it is a Thai thing. It is a woman thing. Guys, stop voluntarily signing up for a life of marital or relationship misery. I don't feel sorry for any guy who signs up for this abuse. Their is enough information out their to support why a man should not make a home with a woman. If you want a life full of joy and fun, stay single. TUROK

Spoken like a true Casanova--you remind me of an old Aussie joke, How do you make a woman reach orgasm? And, the retort, who cares?

My gal's oldest sister is like that. And she will insist she is right...even if she knows she is wrong. One of her tactics is to talk loud and fast and then change the subject or walk away before you can correct her. It really is hilarious, but to her, she is saving face.

It's a face thing, mine is the same. She will even deny having said something when she knows she did.

To the OP....

Note: All women of all nationalities have this trait.

Be advised...when correcting the female, you're

treading on some strange quicksand so patience

and light footsteps are required. Unless you're

up for a hefty argument & enjoy a heavy

chin-wag.

Remember , in Thailand everyone is Guilty until the proof of innocents . Farngs are always wrong . If their Thai boyfriends punch them in the face he is always right. So don't argue and let it be

Sent from up to me from where it was sent

• Like 1

"Does anyone have a gf that thinks she is always right or am I the only unlucky one?"

Ditto.

Only difference, mine is a wifesmile.png

Married 50 years and I have been in charge. My wife will argue with me and she knows she is wrong but will never admit it. I will just drop it. I have tried to prove to her that she is wrong and she just keep repeating her point of view (which is wrong). Now she is telling me how to drive, where to park. After being married for this long, I let he go. Happy wife, happy life.

And of course you have to drive around for 10 -20 minutes trying to find a better spot instead of just parking in the empty ones and walking for 2 minutes.

Early into my residence here my ex wife and I used to travel, regularly, to Kanchanaburi from bangkok. We always used the same route round Democracy monument. After looking at maps I found a better way which missed DM. When I told her she said no you cant. When I asked her why she told me," I have always driven this way". The next time I drove I took the short cut and it worked. She argued and then sulked. The next time I used it again and saved time. The following trip she drove. Guess which way she went

I am experiencing exactly the same thing. My gf has a university degree and middle class. So it is not really an ignorance thing. Though the level of degree in Thailand is not in par with western countries educational level and academics. The educational level of Thai university is comparable to USA high school. Actually even less at some schools. Therefore ignorance is partly true.

As opposed to other posters on this topic is that we have a personality which is very logical in nature, we need to always find logic and facts in everything, and we like to correct or amend. Furtthermore, we dispise lies and untruthfulness. Mix this up with ''Thainess'' of a Thai women and you will get arguments and fights.

Thirthly, even at the moment of her enlightentment by your correction/explanation, she would still not admit that she was wrong and/or incorrect, because.... That is losing face. well, you know Thais and the concept of ''face'' right?

we need to always find logic and facts in everything, and we like to correct or amend. Furtthermore, we dispise lies and untruthfulness. Mix this up with ''Thainess''................and you have the greatest oxymoron I have ever come across!!!