Yingluck pleads for Thai public's chances to vote

webfact

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ms Yingluck said caretaker Deputy Prime Minister/Foreign Minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul has received a letter from the British foreign secretary, expressing his desire for Thailand to solve the political conflicts through democracy.

I received a letter from my Mom, expressing her desire that the Shinawatras should be ousted, does that count ?

No and you dont either.

"(PDRC) not to disrupt the nationwide polls, which she described as a significant national agenda."

Not to disrupt the national agenda or her personal, her brothers and her puppet governments agenda?

When did she ever before thought of her nation, except when it suits their own pockets?

No! the peoples RIGHT TO VOTE. and the dems really screwed up this time by not contesting the election. they might have had a good chance of getting in.

casualbiker, on 30 Jan 2014 - 14:50, said:
jonclark, on 30 Jan 2014 - 10:54, said:

Wonder what would happen if the total number of people who vote NO is greater that the number of votes PTP might get? A legitimate goverment with a mandate from the people.

The problem with this election is there are a very significant % of the population who have no one to vote for as the Dems aren't running. Remember they polled 12 million or so last time out.

So irrespective of the rights or wrongs of the Dems boycotting the election which is a separate issue. A large part of the voting public simply have no one to represent them.

So we end up with a democracy where a significant chunk of people are not represented. Fair?? Honest?? Right??

That's what Suthep should be doing.. VOTE NO

For the last week He should have been saying that this is the way to oust them, play them at their own game. Have the elections but lets all stand up and say NO..

To late now..unfortunately

Photos taken in Kan btw

Like in 2011 then

large.jpg

and then the one for the Vote, the kid made me laugh cheesy.gif

original.jpg

One things the Kid was ......................................................up to you

Win w00t.gif

"Ms Yingluck said the government would fully coordinate with the Election Commission to ensure a smooth election, adding that the Centre for Maintaining Peace and Order has worked out measures to handle trouble-plagued constituencies while police will give their full support."

What's smooth about an election which will drag out over at least a month and maybe four months? What is smooth with elections under an Emercgency Decree? What's smooth with police and army needed to try to avoid attacks on voters and on anti-government protesters?

• Like 1

Wonder what would happen if the total number of people who vote NO is greater that the number of votes PTP might get? A legitimate goverment with a mandate from the people.

The problem with this election is there are a very significant % of the population who have no one to vote for as the Dems aren't running. Remember they polled 12 million or so last time out.

So irrespective of the rights or wrongs of the Dems boycotting the election which is a separate issue. A large part of the voting public simply have no one to represent them.

So we end up with a democracy where a significant chunk of people are not represented. Fair?? Honest?? Right??

If you chose not to run, who is blamed for your supporters having no representaion that they desire? It's not the fault of democracy, not the fault of any opposition party, not the fault of your supporters. So if they get a government without representation that they did not chose, "That's the way the cookie crumbles." That is democracy - a PARTICIPATORY form of government.

If you chose not to run, who is blamed for your supporters having no representaion that they desire? It's not the fault of democracy, not the fault of any opposition party, not the fault of your supporters. So if they get a government without representation that they did not chose, "That's the way the cookie crumbles." That is democracy - a PARTICIPATORY form of government.

The problem with that argument is if is a one horse race. It ain't democracy.

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

3 Years in government, running a perfect democratic government, all monies audited , no scams, everything above board, then vote and let me get back in so we can carry on with the same good management.

Us clean law abiding PTP will do everything to help the poor Thai people, give them prosperity the same we did this last term of office.

Please do not support these terrorist thugs that are trying to overthrow us, you must believe in us. Go and vote and show them how good we are to you people.

In this next 4 years we will buy some second hand trains from Sri Lanka, and promise no more floods, and all tourists can come here without fear of being ripped off.

Expats will be given special favours in NOT having to do visa runs if they have a year visa stamp.

I will curtail my travel to a minimum this year to be with you all and attend parliament.

THESE ARE MY ELECTION PLEDGES, Vote for us please.coffee1.gifcoffee1.gif

Pigs will fly in 2014

and we will do all that thais want

open the financial books to be audited (sorry we can not do that)

Bro what does being a Pawn Mean ?

post-13618-0-27390700-1391085121_thumb.p

Please don't block the elections because my big brother, who all this ISN"T about, want to come home.

i guess you want a dictatorship like suthep does.

.............Isnt Suthep protesting to try and stop Shinawat dictatorship?

Can we make this thread about how hot she is?

Doesn't she just brighten the room with that Pink blouse and pretty smile....(all politics aside). My choice for dinner partner.

Im sure she d welcome the chance to have dinner with one such as your photograph!!

Please don't block the elections because my big brother, who all this ISN"T about, want to come home.

In favour of his and his fascist backers own ? yes...

Great idea by the amart to advertise to the world what they wish, no voting.... now everyone is clear about the alternative, great thinking that'll really get the Thai people and international approval ( which they could do with ) behind them... cheesy.gif

• Like 1

In favour of his and his fascist backers own ? yes...

Great idea by the amart to advertise to the world what they wish, no voting.... now everyone is clear about the alternative, great thinking that'll really get the Thai people and international approval ( which they could do with ) behind them... cheesy.gif

Againa and again you miss the point and instead go round in a very narrow circle - a bought and intimidated election idoes NOT produce a democracy. A democracy is NOT a dictatorship run from a foreign country by a criminal convicted of his own misdeeds!! Therefore stopping rigged, bought violent elections are acceptable and preferable and would NOT be tolerated in the west.

They could form their own parties. God knows they couldn't be any worse.... BUT, they would not legally be allowed as the system is rigged in favour of the yellows.

Then, the henchmen and mobs of Suthep will not let them vote. If they chose to rise against their corrupt Southern masters, that is up to them. If they chose compliance, then stop whingeing about losing a vote.

The people against the Election can't whine about now being able to vote when it is them stopping it or going along with is. Som Nam Nah. People all around the globe fight against worse people than Suthep and win. Whats stopping this?

They have do decide if they want Suthep in sole charge of their voting rights forever. Now that is worth fighting for at the ballot box.

Love the above post about the Amart exposing themselves to the world at last. They are really desperate as the absolutely must have the Dems in power to survive. Too many of them now with all their extended families and hundreds of children and grandchildren. Can or should thailand sustain this system No is what the world think.

This exposure makes it easier for the free world and their liberal minded Governments and media to really get behind Yingluk. they long ago stopped fence sitting on this one! Read more internatinoal media my friend

They could form their own parties. God knows they couldn't be any worse.... BUT, they would not legally be allowed as the system is rigged in favour of the yellows.

Then, the henchmen and mobs of Suthep will not let them vote. If they chose to rise against their corrupt Southern masters, that is up to them. If they chose compliance, then stop whingeing about losing a vote.

The people against the Election can't whine about now being able to vote when it is them stopping it or going along with is. Som Nam Nah. People all around the globe fight against worse people than Suthep and win. Whats stopping this?

They have do decide if they want Suthep in sole charge of their voting rights forever. Now that is worth fighting for at the ballot box.

Love the above post about the Amart exposing themselves to the world at last. They are really desperate as the absolutely must have the Dems in power to survive. Too many of them now with all their extended families and hundreds of children and grandchildren. Can or should thailand sustain this system No is what the world think.

This exposure makes it easier for the free world and their liberal minded Governments and media to really get behind Yingluk. they long ago stopped fence sitting on this one! Read more internatinoal media my friend

I am getting so fed of her bleating on and on about democracy when Thailand doesn't even have it to start with. A vote is a small part of what democracy means, she doesn't know the meaning of the word. However George Washington said ''Democracy is merely 51% of the population ignoring the rights of the other 49%'' which seems quite apt, but in this case it is one family ignoring the rights of the entire nation to actually have REAL democracy choosing instead to try and continue Thaksinocracy ( a plutocracy ) and morph it into a dictatorship which they may have succeeded in doing if the protestors hadn't stopped the bs amnesty bill....

• Like 1

Now what idiot made the whole thing about upholding democracy instead of policies and gave PTP such a powerful platform ? ............... oh yea thats right the fool on the hill and the stupid democrats.... and they claim to be the educated ones... giggle.gif

Exactly this.

The country would be in a far better state if Mr. Abhisit had spent the last three months touring the North and North East explaining his ideas for a more egalitarian and prosperous society (he has those, right?) and the problems he sees with the current governments approach to the same. Of all the figures in this ridiculous crisis it's him who disappoints me the most - not because he's the most childish but because I had such high hopes for the guy. What has he done recently? Bitched about that silly Cambodian temple and boycotted the election...

"(PDRC) not to disrupt the nationwide polls, which she described as a significant national agenda."

Not to disrupt the national agenda or her personal, her brothers and her puppet governments agenda?

When did she ever before thought of her nation, except when it suits their own pockets?

No! the peoples RIGHT TO VOTE. and the dems really screwed up this time by not contesting the election. they might have had a good chance of getting in.

I don't think there is any doubt about a better chance. How ever it would still leave the huge canyon in the political scene. The Democrats only had one chance and that was with a minority government. Still they manage to stop the escalation of the governmental corruption. If they would get in I and any body who has thought it through know that Thailand would have a better government.

Still Suthep's plan would serve to make it a more united country and that is what we need now. Yes there are details to be worked out with it. But the people who oppose it think the lack of unity is OK. They are willing to sit around and let the Wizard from Oz solve the disunity problem. That is the ones who have payed a little attention to the whole political scene as it exists in Thailand today.

Please tell me your five year old wrote that.

Why are the anti government protestors against an election? If you don't know don't bother with your day dreams.

They have a very good reason. I will give you a huint it has nothing to do with them supporting a dictator. There you go. Your on your own now.

One more hint a red shirt ill never tell you.

Now what idiot made the whole thing about upholding democracy instead of policies and gave PTP such a powerful platform ? ............... oh yea thats right the fool on the hill and the stupid democrats.... and they claim to be the educated ones... giggle.gif

Exactly this.

The country would be in a far better state if Mr. Abhisit had spent the last three months touring the North and North East explaining his ideas for a more egalitarian and prosperous society (he has those, right?) and the problems he sees with the current governments approach to the same. Of all the figures in this ridiculous crisis it's him who disappoints me the most - not because he's the most childish but because I had such high hopes for the guy. What has he done recently? Bitched about that silly Cambodian temple and boycotted the election...

I agree to a certain extent but given the violent reception any Dem seems to receive ( well documented ) when going to the NE, you can't blame them for being reluctant to go there. What we REALLY need is for the pro Taksin media to stop lieing and to stop encouraging violence and for the reds among their ranks to try and stop the violence that so many seem to enjoy committing.

What a great personality she is. And a natural grace. Why is the opposition not joining negotiating tables with her? I would prefer to sit with her instead of damaging Sukhumvit tarmack.

I think you have as much understanding regarding the meaning of personality as you have with the meaning of democracy.

She has the grace of a preying mantis. As for damaging the Sukhumvit tarmac , both the roads and the pavements are a bloody disgrace and have been so for many years.

Give it a rest will you.. 7/11

Another of the minority that hates the truth.

what's the truth . I know if you tell a lie, repeat that lie over a period of time it becomes the truth

Only to the fool repeating it!