What Do Thais In General Think Of Foreigners Who Married A Woman Who Had A Child?

sirchai

A new thread? Today, I dropped my wife and grandson off at the railway station for them to take the free train to Bangkok. I received a phone call an hour later asking me to collect them as the train engine would not start and they would have to send another engine from Bangkok. Unlike back in the UK where most people would be getting their <deleted> in their hand it seems that some of the passengers thought it hilarious, including my wife. The station staff said that the new departure time would be around 9 pm. My wife asked the Station Master to phone her when he knew what time the new departure time would be. Other passengers overheard this and requested the same service. Sure enough, we received a call to say get down here now, the train leaves in an hour. State Railways of Thailand have taken some stick recently and for good reason, but how was this for service? But then if the cash strapped service is handing out free travel how can they afford to upgrade it?; Another time, I remember my wife arriving at the station just as the train was pulling out. The driver saw her and reversed back into the station. Yes. We criticize and ridicule some of the things here but it is unique in many ways. That is one of the reasons us smart arse farangs live here.

• Like 2

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Our son had just won the final "Skit" competition in Bangkok, as the main character. Competing against all schools in this wonderful country with English programmes.

My part was only to change the already existing Skit into something that makes sense. Then practicing with them, and to "teach" them the right pronunciation and using body language.

It worked out well, sad might be that it will be in credit of his Thai English teacher, director, head of the English department. But who cares?

We're all very happy that such a little school with only 120 students had won and his self esteem has increased by 200%.

Good to see that others on this forum obviously did understand m y point. Thanks to them.

Life's great.-wai2.gif

Edited by sirchai