Violence feared as red shirts ordered to protect poll

webfact

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think is was tactically wrong for the protestors to block people from voting - I think there would have been a surprise in the number of No Votes if they'd allowed people to vote unhindered

I also think the elections should have been postponed as even if there is a formation of governrnent it will resolve nothing

I also believe the red shirt movement is dead in the water

I think is was tactically wrong for the protestors to block people from voting - I think there would have been a surprise in the number of No Votes if they'd allowed people to vote unhindered

I also think the elections should have been postponed as even if there is a formation of governrnent it will resolve nothing

I also believe the red shirt movement is dead in the water

"I also believe the red shirt movement is dead in the water" and the moon is made of cream cheese.

So how does Thida have the authority to order anyone to protect polls .... is she employed/empowered by the EC or the police who have responsibility for poll protection.

I guess another legal case against THida can be expected on this ... and if the Red shirts kill another protestor, Thida can be charged with ordering the killing.

Who empowered Suthep to order people what to do or not do?

So how does Thida have the authority to order anyone to protect polls .... is she employed/empowered by the EC or the police who have responsibility for poll protection.

I guess another legal case against THida can be expected on this ... and if the Red shirts kill another protestor, Thida can be charged with ordering the killing.

Who empowered Suthep to order people what to do or not do?

And who empowered a fugitive from justice residing overseas to order people what to do or not do.

• Like 1

Thida Thavornseth, the 66-year-old retired microbiologist who leads Thailand’s United Front for Democracy Against Dictatorship, more commonly known as the “Red Shirts,” plans to train an army of 100,000 election volunteers to guarantee the honesty of the July 3 election.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/06/18/goodspeed-analysis-new-tactics-from-the-thai-red-shirts/

A quote from an earlier election if you click on the link you will find he complete article.

The current comments emanating from Thida who at one time was an avowed critic of Thaksin.

Yet now she seems to consider Thaksin some godlike creature.

One is led to wonder whether Thida, a pseudo lover of democracy but in reality a committed communist is actually an adherent of the God Mammon whose local agent representative has been for some time and still is currently still Thaksin.

Thida , everyone has a price how much were you willing to sell out for?

Guess YL needs to step in and curtail the loud-mouthed red lackey's hell bent on causing trouble -- any deaths emanating from the call of these idiot to protect the polling stations will be to her account, same as she has pushed for Abhisit and Suthep to be charged with murder.

Remember YL the buck stops with you - even if you want to think or hope to think otherwise

No one would have to defend democracy or going to the polls to vote if Suthep and his feudal backers hadn't decided to begin a fascist insurrection that also has cost billions of baht to the economy. Suthep can't pull off his planned coup d'état military mutiny and the only people he has left are his core of storm troopers.

Time for the voters to challenge the lie that the Suthepistas are 'non-violent'. Stopping people who are merely doing their civic duty is violence - against the individual and civil society.

Take videos and immediately upload them to an online server for security.

Some people have weird definitions of violence.

Sent from my phone ...

"an unjust or unwarranted exertion of force or power, as against rights or laws: to take over a government by violence."

Not "weird" Focus27 is correct. Look it up.

I looked it up.

vi·o.lence
ˈvī(ə)ləns
noun
1. behavior involving physical force intended to hurt, damage, or kill someone or something.
Stopping people from voting by standing around the gates is not violence.

Yes it is... "Violence - the unlawful exercise of physical force or intimidation by the exhibition of such force"

source: oxforddictionaries.com

Edited by shunima

BBC's Bangkok reporter stated that anti-government protestors would now not block citizens from voting, though they will try to disrupt the election process in other ways. eg. disrupting supply of ballots to polling stations. Has anyone heard this news or is he just misreporting what Suthep has previously said about not using force?

Suthep should really rethink of his own action. If Thailand is really separated as a result of his action, his name will not go down well in the history. The man of break down the kingdom of Thailand and ending the Chakri Dynasty!

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

BBC's Bangkok reporter stated that anti-government protestors would now not block citizens from voting, though they will try to disrupt the election process in other ways. eg. disrupting supply of ballots to polling stations. Has anyone heard this news or is he just misreporting what Suthep has previously said about not using force?

They are blocking the delivery of ballots in the southern provinces.

This is confusing,the red shirts are against the yellow shirts who are protesting.The white shirts ,who are really red shirts will protect the polls at night because the boys in brown shirts aren't willing or capable of giving protection without the help of the boys in green shirts,some of whom are really red inside.They all fear that the men in black shirts will cause trouble.

This is like painting by numbers except that its revolution by colours

• Like 1

whybother post # 71

They are blocking the delivery of ballots in the southern provinces.

In truth then that action should pose no problems to the P.T.P. or any other party candidates as The South is considered a bastion of the Democrats.

The Telegraph:

Thai red shirts leader says 'It's time to get rid of the elite'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/thailand/10606562/Thai-red-shirts-leader-says-Its-time-to-get-rid-of-the-elite.html

ko-tee_2806810b.jpg

Ko Tee: "This is already a war, but so far it is an unarmed war"

Hope Yinglack is ready for her murder trial in a year or two....Violence seems to be the only way the reds know unfortunately. If she doesn't come out in the press voicing opposition to reds causing violence then she is complicit in it. Desperately hoping for NO repeat of 2010. This seems to have been the caretakers plan frrom the start, attack the protestors, get the army involved, call a coup and get the reds to kill the 'elites'. Theey have been waiting at least 4 years for this big chance at violence. "I want there to be lots of violence to put an end to all this," Ko Tee said. "I'm bored by speeches. It's time to clean the country, to get rid of the elite, all of them."

VoiceofTaksin090916-30.jpg

From Voice of Taksin, September 16-30, 2009

The headline on the cover 3 years of the coup of the influential - Bomb the aristocrats - DESTROY aristocrats

• Like 1

The Telegraph:

Thai red shirts leader says 'It's time to get rid of the elite'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/thailand/10606562/Thai-red-shirts-leader-says-Its-time-to-get-rid-of-the-elite.html

ko-tee_2806810b.jpg

Ko Tee: "This is already a war, but so far it is an unarmed war"

Hope Yinglack is ready for her murder trial in a year or two....Violence seems to be the only way the reds know unfortunately. If she doesn't come out in the press voicing opposition to reds causing violence then she is complicit in it. Desperately hoping for NO repeat of 2010. This seems to have been the caretakers plan frrom the start, attack the protestors, get the army involved, call a coup and get the reds to kill the 'elites'. Theey have been waiting at least 4 years for this big chance at violence. "I want there to be lots of violence to put an end to all this," Ko Tee said. "I'm bored by speeches. It's time to clean the country, to get rid of the elite, all of them."

VoiceofTaksin090916-30.jpg

From Voice of Taksin, September 16-30, 2009

The headline on the cover 3 years of the coup of the influential - Bomb the aristocrats - DESTROY aristocrats

Fortunate is the man who has a door he can lock behind him

If you are in Bangkok i think its time to get out, to go for a little holiday at the seaside.Reminds me of something i saw on telly once :

Hello sir you look very happy

Oh i am, i am, i just love the seaside to bits, i wrote a poem about it would you like to hear it ?

No,not really.

Then you shall,....... Its terrible living in Bangkok

your face just gets paler and paler

it brings such a nice pink flush to your cheeks

when you're chased round the pier by a sailor

If the authorities have any brains they will tell Thida and her mobs to do their duty and vote and not escalate the already dangerous situation.

Yes, Suthep's groups have no right to physically prevent people from voting. Just as the authorities, especially the police, have no right to allow 'third hand's' to attack and kill protestors.

The last 3 episodes of red shirt violence in Bangkok ended up rather badly for them in 2 of the incidents. Yes, they probably killed the protest leader on Bangna & no doubt will get away with it. But Ko Tee got more than he bargained for is his attack on Chaeng Wattana protestors. The third episode at the stadium and Ramkamheng University rather found them wanting when confronted by a group prepared to meet violence with violence resulting in 3 red shirts & one protestor dead.

The best possibility for a relatively peaceful set of voting is for the police to do their duty - for once - and ensure that any violence is nipped in the bud. Any army presence would help. Any red shirt groups would not.

Violence feared? Violence feared?

The whole world saw the voter with a protester's hand around his neck to stop him from voting.

Yes, it is more complicated than that, and, no, that crap is not forgivable given any circumstance.

post-4641-1156693976.gif

Was there any story attached to that photo?

Was it possible that an angry voter was being held back from attacking anti-government protesters?

I am not suggesting that the anti-government protesters are right, but a photo with no context can tell a lot of lies.

Are you genuinely saying that you still doubt the authenticity of that photo? You mean you have not seen the video from which that picture was taken?

What the hell is wrong with those who want to deny normal folk to go and vote anyone found to be stopping people from voting should be arrested on the spot and locked up for at least 24 hours and I mean anybody regardless of what colour they support so let us start with rounding up all those leaders who have brought Bangkok to disruption rot the past month

We used to do the same with football hooligans.

Think a lot of the wording in all this is to help Suthep rally his troops for the weekend. Just propagande.

The reds are a coming, the reds are a coming. Coup, coup, coup its 2010 all over again.

Meanwhile after the coup, they many ave concerns... But as yet, it is all peacful much to Sutheps horror. No bodies to show to uncle prayuth, no mass of reds fighting. Nice and peacful is the way to get Suthep out. Nice and peacuful and he can achieve nothing..... which is a fitting end to a long usesless carear.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702303519404579352593345489758

pipkins

Member Since 2014-01-13

2 weeks-500+ posts in favour of thaksins team

post-81023-0-36511600-1391162132_thumb.j

I never thought the US would re-elect thier fool, so I figure Yingluck is good for another term. Very sad in both cases.

Many here in Thailand said the same thing when Bush was re-elected, and then very soon thereafter Thaksin was re-elected.

The government's condemnation of the protest movement is never ending sometime justified sometimes simply anger at anyone daring to challenge them.

With highly charged suggestions of a separate state and of taking on the army will the government extend criticism to the red shirt leaders making these pronouncements, would they dare ?

Yes, I know, how evil of the government to want people to have access to voting booths in a similar way to billions of people worldwide.

I was at Asoke last night in the tiny crowd, maybe 1500 max, with at least a third of them being tourists. Suthep's racist ranting about Cambodians added another unpleasant layer to his already deranged raving.

This is the real issue in Thailand

RACISM

Even some farangs get involved with their disgusting attacks on Issan folks,maybe they get it from their spouse,who knows.

The government's condemnation of the protest movement is never ending sometime justified sometimes simply anger at anyone daring to challenge them.

With highly charged suggestions of a separate state and of taking on the army will the government extend criticism to the red shirt leaders making these pronouncements, would they dare ?

Yes, I know, how evil of the government to want people to have access to voting booths in a similar way to billions of people worldwide.

I was at Asoke last night in the tiny crowd, maybe 1500 max, with at least a third of them being tourists. Suthep's racist ranting about Cambodians added another unpleasant layer to his already deranged raving.

This is the real issue in Thailand

RACISM

Even some farangs get involved with their disgusting attacks on Issan folks,maybe they get it from their spouse,who knows.

A lot of people are Racist, even Buddhists. Get over it Dude. Be Proactive.

• Like 1

... AND WHAT DID YOU WAIT DEAR YELLOW BLINDFOLDERED MATES ???

Other way my congratulations to your suthep father's red pijama. Very attractive.

AND, where are your protesters? I have seen today only closed "show business" areas which occurred huge traffic for annoying to normal Bangkok people.

ehhh, getting fed up.

Fear, rumor, uncertainty, risk, and innuendo are the key elements in the Thailand state of affairs.

A good reason why many won't be voting on Sunday. Also, a good reason why the EC, which favors a delay, will reinstate the rights to all that don't vote.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

...and to make things even worse,.. Suthep comes out wearing a RED shirt,... good strategy, - now that'll really confuse 'em!

Hmm. couldnt have anything to do with Chinese New Yearwhistling.gifgiggle.gif

That would require having a rudimentary understanding of Thailand and its culture, which is obviously missing.