Danish Man stabbed during attack by two Russians in South Pattaya

webfact

I refer back to 1 August report 2013... Russians are model tourists, Police do not have any problem with their behavior, no Mafia, no one working illegally... etc.....

And please let's have no comments about more than one ... umm ... farang ganging up to attack a single farang.

According to the local keepers of the flame for the Marquess of Queensberry Rules, only Thais would ever think of attacking someone or fighting back when attacked except one-on-one man to man.

Assuming he did nothing to provoke the attack, he certainly deserves sympathy, but it seems somewhat unlikely that two men out for a walk just got it into their heads to knife someone in front of a 5 star hotel.

In Pratumnak then. That area seems to be quite full of Russians, time to christen it Little Odessa or some such.

back to the Geography books for you.....Odessa is in the Ukraine.

Same same but different. Former CCCP counts for the "Russians in Thailand" well enough, can't be arsed with small nuances tongue.png

I refer back to 1 August report 2013... Russians are model tourists, Police do not have any problem with their behavior, no Mafia, no one working illegally... etc.....

And please let's have no comments about more than one ... umm ... farang ganging up to attack a single farang.

According to the local keepers of the flame for the Marquess of Queensberry Rules, only Thais would ever think of attacking someone or fighting back when attacked except one-on-one man to man.

Assuming he did nothing to provoke the attack, he certainly deserves sympathy, but it seems somewhat unlikely that two men out for a walk just got it into their heads to knife someone in front of a 5 star hotel.

It also seems somewhat unlikely that two men "just out for a walk" would be carrying knives.

Edited by chickenslegs

actually did they caught the two russians? because i will not be surprise to learn, that as usual the 2 culprits are thai national...

I guess that the new BS from the bib, put the blame on russian people... ridiculous!

• Like 1

Honestly when I was in Pataya last week after a year missing I found myself right in Moscow . In fact part of Pataya felt like china town and most of it was exactly Russia ( nothing against Rusian or Chinese though ) . So the percentage of the attackers being Rusian is probably higher than Brits.

Sent from up to me from where it was sent

They renamed Pattaya park to Gorky park already biggrin.png

Hope the Danish gets well soon.

Danish is a type of sweet cake, Dane is a person from denmark.

But how do you explain an obect in Denmark?

For example..a house... that would be a Danish House, would it not?'

etc, etc. Danish Folklore, Danish Music, Danish Food, Danish Danish?

Just when i think the intelligence level of some of the posters here could not get any lower - along comes this gem!

From a Scot who comes from Scotland and used to live in a Scottish house where i would occasionally drink Scotch whisky!

actually did they caught the two russians? because i will not be surprise to learn, that as usual the 2 culprits are thai national...

I guess that the new BS from the bib, put the blame on russian people... ridiculous!

The mind bogles.......

How nice of the hospital to let media record in the ER. What next, youtube video of the nether parts of a celeb giving birth ?

This country desperately needs effective privacy laws, as the common sense seems to be wholly absent.

I am not quite sure how and why people manage to take knives on a holiday??? I guess it was just another day in Pattaya.

Pattaya does have quite a range of shops and markets you know, many of them have an impressive range of knives for sale at very affordable prices.

True, but it has never tempted me personally to go and buy a knife and go stabbing people.

And this never happens in towns across the globe, or the part of Thailand you are in? Your reference to Pattaya was unnecessary. Hope the guy gets better.

Not Thailand related but due to a recent US visa waiver for Guam only, in Guam we are getting many Russian visitors over the past year or two. Most of them are from the Khabarovsk/Far East area and arrive on Korean airlines. They are almost universally couples or families with small children from what I have seen. The local tourism authority is estactic over them as they stay longer and spend more than our typical visitors from Japan, Korea, and Taiwan. Totally well behaved, different class of travelers it seems..

Edited by arunsakda

Honestly when I was in Pataya last week after a year missing I found myself right in Moscow . In fact part of Pataya felt like china town and most of it was exactly Russia ( nothing against Rusian or Chinese though ) . So the percentage of the attackers being Rusian is probably higher than Brits.

Sent from up to me from where it was sent

Exactly like Russia,5555555.