Anti-Election Protesters Intercept Ballots At Laksi

Lite Beer

More crap! how do you expect a government that has proven track record of corruption and incompetence form a forum for the changes to the constitution that are needed, and expect that to be unbiased?

The forum was so successful it isn't even sitting now to discuss the changes, Which show just how sincere PTP were with that forum!

Also the Dems resigned from government before any dissolution, it was after they resigned the government dissolved parliament. and the reform forum was last month not before PTP dissolved parliament.

If you can't get your facts right, then don't post this BS and expect anyone to believe it!

1. Where is the proven track record of corruption and incompetence.

2. I did not argue whether the government initiative on a reform council headed by Banharn Silipa Archa is successful or not. I was pointing out the fact that it was there before there is a DEM's PDRC/PCAD

3. I don't know what you are talking about on:

"Also the Dems resigned from government before any dissolution, it was after they resigned the government dissolved parliament. and the reform forum was last month not before PTP dissolved parliament."

"If you can't get your facts right, then don't post this BS and expect anyone to believe it!"

Are you intimidating me. I will not be intimidated to stop sharing. You don't have to agreed with me and you are entitleld to your opinions but you don't have to use BS.

Are you blind ? Or just don't have the mental capacity to process the bleeding obvious right in front of your face ? Either way, try and educate yourself before embarrassing yourself again with the usual utter crap you spew here and leave the conversation to the adults.....

Wow, sound very dictatorial. You probably is blinded by the pay you will get to buy your lolipop or may be a bluesky branded whistle shape pacifier that can also be used as a whistle to intimidate and violate the rights of others.

if one needed evidence that icommunity doesn't know what he is talking about the above proves it. you really can't defend your views can you?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do these people have a single clue as to what they could possibly be involved in? They say they are not against elections, but want reform first. On the surface, that sounds fine, and I even support that aspect, but like an iceberg, the tip doesn't show the whole picture, or the dangers lurking below the surface.

The danger here is the unseen, unexplained, undefined "People's Council" as stated by Suthep. He claims it will be formed with 300 "good people", but what is his definition of "good people"? And another 100 personally handpicked by him to be appointed. Talk about "stacking the deck". He has yet to define, clearly, where these "chosen few" will come from, other than "from the people". Not a single name has been mentioned.

He claims he will not be a part of it. Is that to be taken with the same belief as "this will be our day of victory. If we don't win today, I will turn myself into the authorities" that he's uttered 3-4 times now after his "victory day" didn't happen? Or his flip-flopping on "we won't interfere with the elections" - "Were going to do everything possible to stop the elections"?

This un-elected "People's Council" would be the ruling authority of the country, with zero checks and balances, and could quite easily stay in power as long as they want, and never mind the "6 - 18 months" Suthep has quoted before elections again. There's no guarantee that elections would be held in the next 3-5 years with this bunch.

Be careful what you wish for.

YES! Undoubtedly and assuredly, YES to what you said. Both sides are full of crap, but Suthep wants the whole electoral process scrapped to favor Bangkokians --and according to herr Suthep they should get 1.95 votes for every ballot. Mark my words, Suthep is pushing for a ballot that grants every amart much more weight than any farmer's ballot...which means the same thing again...

Edited by FangFerang

They have "Absolute Democracy" in their name but block elections and want a communist-style people's council.

This might be just the most ridiculous bunch of people in history.

Sorry but you are mistaken. The most ridiculous bunch of people are Thaksins family and their brown nose followers. How ridiculous was the Amnesty Bill and the Rice pledging scheme for starters ???

They have "Absolute Democracy" in their name but block elections and want a communist-style people's council.

This might be just the most ridiculous bunch of people in history.

As you have no idea who was to be in this council, you ope mouth have shown you to be a fool and make stupid predictions

And where were the Royal Thai Police while this was going on.

. Farcical

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I'm assuming they are keeping away so the red shirt assassins can make their move without police presence. That is how it usually works anyway. The police will arrive after the violence to plant evidence....... again.

Don't forget there was an incident where a policeman was shot by a black shirt sniper. Small wonder the police don't wish to be high profile.

Being high profile is what they get paid for!

The idea of "Reform before Election" came after the parliament was dissolved. The DEM demanded the Parliament be dissolved and when it happened, they boycotted it. Before this, the Government initiated a Reform Forum but that was boycotted by the DEM as well.

It is an excuse to hide their fear of the people mandate. They rejected all reform initiatives and demanded that only their 'people council' with members nominated exclusively by the DEM's PDRC/PCAD 'executives'.

More crap! how do you expect a government that has proven track record of corruption and incompetence form a forum for the changes to the constitution that are needed, and expect that to be unbiased?

The forum was so successful it isn't even sitting now to discuss the changes, Which show just how sincere PTP were with that forum!

Also the Dems resigned from government before any dissolution, it was after they resigned the government dissolved parliament. and the reform forum was last month not before PTP dissolved parliament.

If you can't get your facts right, then don't post this BS and expect anyone to believe it!

2. I did not argue whether the government initiative on a reform council headed by Banharn Silipa Archa is successful or not. I was pointing out the fact that it was there before there is a DEM's PDRC/PCAD

"Also the Dems resigned from government before any dissolution, it was after they resigned the government dissolved parliament. and the reform forum was last month not before PTP dissolved parliament."

"If you can't get your facts right, then don't post this BS and expect anyone to believe it!"

Are you intimidating me. I will not be intimidated to stop sharing. You don't have to agreed with me and you are entitleld to your opinions but you don't have to use BS.

the fact that as you say "I don't know what you are talking about on:" shows you how ignorant your comments are! My fact are correct, if you don't know then what are you doing posting on subjects you know nothing of?

The idea of "Reform before Election" came after the parliament was dissolved. The DEM demanded the Parliament be dissolved and when it happened, they boycotted it. Before this, the Government initiated a Reform Forum but that was boycotted by the DEM as well.

It is an excuse to hide their fear of the people mandate. They rejected all reform initiatives and demanded that only their 'people council' with members nominated exclusively by the DEM's PDRC/PCAD 'executives'.

the fact that as you say "I don't know what you are talking about on:" shows you how ignorant your comments are! My fact are correct, if you don't know then what are you doing posting on subjects you know nothing of?

Are you bkksteviejai or ggold? What are you talking about? Twisting now.

You can't really demand "Reform before election" when there is no election planned.

PCAD actually demanded that Yingluck step down (as in RESIGN) and a "people's council" be appointed. They didn't want parliament dissolved for an immediate election. They wanted reform and then an election in 12 months.

You should go back to the very beginning and reread. because that is exactly what he wanted. He is lieing to you and the others and when you finally relize it it will be too late.

Do you have something to back this up? I don't think it is true.

The sequence of events I remember was that the protest was against the amnesty bill and demanded it be dropped, it was not 'dropped' but was rejected by the senate. The purpose of the protest then morphed very quickly into a demand for a peoples council, and Suthep stated at that point in November that Yingluck's resignation would be entirely irrelevant. At no point that I remember was there a target of solely the resignation of Yingluck.

Can't quote, but reported here on December the 3rd - http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/382991/pm-resignation-house-dissolution-not-enough-while-thaksin-influence-remains-says-suthep

And here - http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/anti-government-protests-bangkok-amnesty-bill-thaksin-524924 - from November 25th, which I can quote:

"We won't stop even if Yingluck Shinawatra resigns or the House is dissolved,"
Edited by rwdrwdrwd

So, your facts are correct, eh?

I quote yourpost - "Also the Dems resigned from government before any dissolution", now there was silly old me and icommunity thinking that the Dems were in OPPOSITION, not in Government!

You obviously know something that noone else does, but your utter rudeness and stupidity is typical of the Suthep-hugers on this Board. A grovelling apology to icommunity would be a good start.wub.png

• Like 1

I quote yourpost - "Also the Dems resigned from government before any dissolution", now there was silly old me and icommunity thinking that the Dems were in OPPOSITION, not in Government!

You obviously know something that noone else does, but your utter rudeness and stupidity is typical of the Suthep-hugers on this Board. A grovelling apology to icommunity would be a good start.wub.png

Perhaps you need to research what constitutes a Government. The opposition are included in it, they just don't lead it and do not tend to be chosen by the Head of Government (ie Yingluck) to be in the Cabinet. For example, the House of Representatives is however also a part of Government (it is the lower house), and was 32% Democrat, hence, they did indeed resign from Government.

You obviously know something that noone else does, but your utter rudeness and stupidity is typical of the Suthep-hugers on this Board. A grovelling apology to icommunity would be a good start.

Lets hope you live by that mantra.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd
  • Like 1

Are you bkksteviejai or ggold? What are you talking about? Twisting now.

I am ggold and you are the twisted one! Maybe bkksteviejai was going to like my comment but pressed quote instead. Or maybe he just changed his mind, I do not need more than ONE ID on TVisa, unlike some!!!

And where were the Royal Thai Police while this was going on.

. Farcical

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I'm assuming they are keeping away so the red shirt assassins can make their move without police presence. That is how it usually works anyway. The police will arrive after the violence to plant evidence....... again.

Is this forum infested by spam bots that are programmed to write juvenile, stupid comments?

Perhaps you need to research what constitutes a government. The opposition are included in it, they just don't lead it. For example, the House of Representatives is a part of Government, and was 32% Democrat, hence, they did indeed resign from Government.

You obviously know something that noone else does, but your utter rudeness and stupidity is typical of the Suthep-hugers on this Board. A grovelling apology to icommunity would be a good start.

In a parliamentary system such as Thailand there is government and opposition which together makes up Parliament.

Think of the headlines you've no doubt seen. "Today a government spokesmen said blah blah blah"

Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

The interim government that was installed after the last coup (i.e., Abhisit's govt.) spent most of their time working on charter amendments, etc. that were "reforms" they sought. Once another election was held, they were out. These people cannot afford, nor could they ever prevail, in any free and open election.

your ignorance is only compounded by your stupidity! Even an opposition party in parliament is in government, even if they are not the party that rule. Why else would they sit in Parliament if they were not in government?

They have just as much right to put forward laws or vote against laws as the ruling party do That is what government is supposed to be about! Parliament is their place of business! whistling.gif

Looks like with Suthep down to his last 200 today, and the whole of the world condemning PDRC and Suthep in particular that some of his fans are resorting to ganging up and spewing bile.

Any Country in the world and this vermin would have been rounded up months ago.

By all means, let PDRC members give Suthep their blank ballot papers to do with as he wishes. He could still never get close to PT.

BUT, don't rob other people of that right.

Yes I know the Army say it is ok to behave like this, and the Courts do.. But the real world, and the majority of Thais, do now want this new fascist on the Asisn Block, dictating their lives for the next 2 generations.

Remember, he has his insipid son with him now, so that is probably another 40 years Thailand will be bowing to a Thaugsaboon. if he gets his way.

Yes, how did his beloved son do in his land corruption trial? As they say, like father like son! A family rotten to the core.

• Like 1

Perhaps you need to research what constitutes a Government. The opposition are included in it, they just don't lead it and do not tend to be chosen by the Head of Government (ie Yingluck) to be in the Cabinet. For example, the House of Representatives is however also a part of Government (it is the lower house), and was 32% Democrat, hence, they did indeed resign from Government.

Twist and turn as you may, the simple fact is that any parliamentary system has a governing party (or coalition) and an OPPOSITION. The opposition is not, and cannot possibly be the government. There have of course been some very rare exeptions to this normal state of affairs, e.g. during WW2 the UK was governed by a National Govt. including all parties, but for any sane poster to pretend that Abhisit's Democrat MPs were "part of the Government", would be pushing their luck, or desperately cluhing at straws!

Do these people have a single clue as to what they could possibly be involved in? They say they are not against elections, but want reform first. On the surface, that sounds fine, and I even support that aspect, but like an iceberg, the tip doesn't show the whole picture, or the dangers lurking below the surface.

The danger here is the unseen, unexplained, undefined "People's Council" as stated by Suthep. He claims it will be formed with 300 "good people", but what is his definition of "good people"? And another 100 personally handpicked by him to be appointed. Talk about "stacking the deck". He has yet to define, clearly, where these "chosen few" will come from, other than "from the people". Not a single name has been mentioned.

He claims he will not be a part of it. Is that to be taken with the same belief as "this will be our day of victory. If we don't win today, I will turn myself into the authorities" that he's uttered 3-4 times now after his "victory day" didn't happen? Or his flip-flopping on "we won't interfere with the elections" - "Were going to do everything possible to stop the elections"?

This un-elected "People's Council" would be the ruling authority of the country, with zero checks and balances, and could quite easily stay in power as long as they want, and never mind the "6 - 18 months" Suthep has quoted before elections again. There's no guarantee that elections would be held in the next 3-5 years with this bunch.

Be careful what you wish for.

The interim government that was installed after the last coup (i.e., Abhisit's govt.) spent most of their time working on charter amendments, etc. that were "reforms" they sought. Once another election was held, they were out. These people cannot afford, nor could they ever prevail, in any free and open election.

The PPP were in government after the last coup.

No the demand was to get rid of the Shinawatra clan controlling Thailand!

And the election was their trick to continue.....(ala Thaksin 2006)

No you are wrong. Suthep's first demands were to dissolve parlament and demanded anew election which is just what she gave him. You should wake up, he lies. all he wants is a dictatorship with him as the dictator.

He is flip flopping since December and everyone that can't see it is probably wearing a whistle around his neck. Just like he said he will not block elections, but then seizes ballots or locks the gates so voters can't enter. When they try and climb on top, they get beat up.

If this is his governing style when he doesn't even have power yet, imagine how it will be when he does get power. You will have more freedoms in China than in Thailand under Suthep.

Something to think about. But a farrung thinking is like a tree falling in the forest with no one to hear. Did it make a "sound"? Does it matter what I think?