90 day reporting by EMS mail to Chang Wattana - Office closed

But presumably there would be nothing to stop a particular office from introducing a local rule prohibiting 90-day reporting by proxy (just as both Bangkok and Chiang Mai, for example, have done in the case of mailed-in reporting), despite what the 1979 Immigration Act and/or related Police Orders might say? After all TIT, and anything is possible!

I just wonder whether there might be a case for proxy reporting to be limited to, say, 1 report per proxy for as long as mailed-in reporting was not possible at Bangkok? That would still mean that your wife or girlfriend could report on your behalf, yet minimise the risk of finding yourself stuck at the back of a long queue consisting mainly of agents each seeking multiple reports on behalf of a whole army of foreigners, should you be reporting in person. But,as I have already said, TIT and this would likely be an exception to the "anything is possible" rule in practice!sad.png

There was certainly 1 or maybe more person doing multiple 90-day reports ahead of me at Suksawat, and when I presented two passports for 90-day report, (albeit with the other person who's passport it was hovering beside me), there were no questions about the "in person" issue. You can risk it, and rectify in person if it's rejected.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife was telling me the other day that at her international school in BKK, there's a Thai staff person assigned to handle all the Immigration issues for the farang staff members. That includes the Thai staff member making a weekly run to one of the Immigration offices to handle all the 90-day reporting for the farang staff folks.

I don't feel bad about that, however. Being retired, I end up doing the reporting myself. But if I had a choice of instead having to work 5 or 6 days per week and getting someone else to do the reporting for me, I think I'd stick with being retired and doing the reporting myself. Especially when we get back to doing mail-in reports in BKK sometime in the future. smile.png

Was at Lad Prao on Thursday to do my 90 day report. Went at 4pm and was in and out in 3 minutes. Great!!

Bit hard to believe as it takes me more than 3 minutes to even get to the far corner of immigration from any entry on 5th floor and it also takes time to get on 5th floor (and if using escalators have to do the last floor from back parking area as they are shut off in front of building. My experience today was a bit over an hour but consider that good under current conditions.

Was at Lad Prao on Thursday to do my 90 day report. Went at 4pm and was in and out in 3 minutes. Great!!

Bit hard to believe as it takes me more than 3 minutes to even get to the far corner of immigration from any entry on 5th floor and it also takes time to get on 5th floor (and if using escalators have to do the last floor from back parking area as they are shut off in front of building. My experience today was a bit over an hour but consider that good under current conditions.

I'm talking about entering immigration section and walking out immigration door; not the actual shopping mall itself!! I know I'm good but not Superman!! Seriously, 3 minutes all in.

The wife and I sat at CW for three hours to apply for my extension on the last Monday they were open. The 30 day return visit was done at Lad Phrao. There was a crowd all the way around the 5th floor.Got in the immigration door at 10:45. Once I got my bearings in the mob and was directed to the proper desk it took about 20 minutes to get the extension stamp in my passport. I got a copy of the extension for 2 baht from the guy in the same room and walked over to the desk for reentry permits (same room.) They checked my documents and gave me a que number in about two minutes (no que to wait on.) Then around the office to the reentry permit window where a lady checked my documents again and put them through the window. After about 10 minutes the lady called my number and handed me my passport and receipt. Out the door at 11:30. Seems they are very efficient even though very busy. Never had that luck at CW.

They have just tried to centralize too much at CW Immigration which makes some days a long wait and other days not bad at all. Hopefully after CW reopens they'll give serious thought about decentralizing more immigration services to Lad Phrao and Suksawat and not putting so many eggs in one basket because with so many govt facilities/agencies in the CW area now its just too important of an area for protesters not to protest in that area and shut govt facilities/functions down to inflict pain on the govt and get plenty of media attention.

I hadn't gotten a clear sense, thus far, of whether Immigration intends to keep open the Lad Prao and Suksawat locations for farangs after CW reopens, whenever that may be.

From the way they're set up at Suksawat, I wouldn't bet on it, as everything there for farangs seems very temporary/short-term. But I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

They will still be accepting 90 day reports after CW reopens as per an announcement they posted on the 2nd of January.

Yes. I asked the woman in L/P if 90 days reports could still be done at L/P when C/W opens, and she confirmed that they could.

I just got my 90 day report back in the mail. Mailed on 10 Jan. , Due 28 Jan., sent to CW but when recieved back return address Imperial Ladprao. I Guess they decided to foward their mail as CW is shut down for a while. I was wondering what to do the next time it's due if I didn't get the receipt. Alls good now. So those who mailed a while ago to CW and are worried check your mail box and hopefully it will show up soon.

• Like 1

I just got my 90 day report back in the mail. Mailed on 10 Jan. , Due 28 Jan., sent to CW but when recieved back return address Imperial Ladprao. I Guess they decided to foward their mail as CW is shut down for a while. I was wondering what to do the next time it's due if I didn't get the receipt. Alls good now. So those who mailed a while ago to CW and are worried check your mail box and hopefully it will show up soon.

Thank you for your message HNLDennis, my 90 day report is due to put in the mail March 3rd and I wasn't sure what to do. Thanks to you I will now take my chances and mail it instead of going to one of the temporary offices. I sent my last one by mail on December 3rd, 2013 and got it back on December 25th which was longer than it had taken previously. Mine was one of the last that I heard of coming back until now. It is great to hear they are taking the mail over to Imperial Ladprao, I will again use the CW address when I mail it in on the 3rd of March. You made my day; thanks again.

If you haven't received the receipt for the report within 30 days the rules state that you should contact immigration.

You can't just include the receipt for mailing it with your next report.

I submitted mine on Jan 11 (well within time), but still haven't got it back yet. How screwed am I?

Edit: i thought I'd receive it eventually once it reopened. Anyway here i am about a month and a half past the due date.

I have the EMS receipt by the way.

Edited by Bruce23

If you haven't received the receipt for the report within 30 days the rules state that you should contact immigration.

You can't just include the receipt for mailing it with your next report.

I submitted mine on Jan 11 (well within time), but still haven't got it back yet. How screwed am I?

Edit: i thought I'd receive it eventually once it reopened. Anyway here i am about a month and a half past the due date.

I have the EMS receipt by the way.

Mine's due in March and I fully intend to mail it as usual to CW as there doesn't appear to have been any advice not to do so. If I don't get it back, I'll include the EMS receipt with my report in June. I think it will be fine.

As I posted in another topic mine was due January 22 and mailed on January 2 and received at Chiang Watanna on January 3. As of today have not received any receipt and do not expect to receive at this point. Yesterday I went to Big C Imperial World and submitted copies and received a receipt for next report on May 27th. As long as you have receipts should not be a problem - the instructions are to wait 30 days (I take that to mean after due date) and then visit immigration to clear it up if receipt has not arrived.

Mine's due in March and I fully intend to mail it as usual to CW as there doesn't appear to have been any advice not to do so. If I don't get it back, I'll include the EMS receipt with my report in June. I think it will be fine.

For someone who's never received the return receipt back in the mail, I believe the advice Joe and Lopburi have been giving is that the reporter should in the meantime make a trip to Immigration with your EMS receipt to sort things out. From past advice on that subject, I don't believe they've been saying just sending in the EMS slip by mail the next time for reporting is enough.

As for mailing 90-day reports to CW at this point, both the Sukwawat and Lad Prao offices have advised not to do that. I'm glad to hear that one poster here got his receipt back postmarked from Lad Prao. But I wouldn't take one report as conclusive proof that mailing to CW is going to work at this point.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

For someone who's never received the return receipt back in the mail, I believe the advice Joe and Lopburi have been giving is that the reporter should in the meantime make a trip to Immigration with your EMS receipt to sort things out. From past advice on that subject, I don't believe they've been saying just sending in the EMS slip by mail the next time for reporting is enough.

As for mailing 90-day reports to CW at this point, both the Sukwawat and Lad Prao offices have advised not to do that. I'm glad to hear that one poster here got his receipt back postmarked from Lad Prao. But I wouldn't take one report as conclusive proof that mailing to CW is going to work at this point.

brewsterbudgen, my understanding was that the Sukwawat and Lad Prao offices said not to send 90 day reports to their office mailboxes. I have not heard that they made any comments about mailing reports to CW nor has there been any mention of not sending to CW on the offical Immigration website. I do agree with you that sending your registered mail receipt on the next mailed 90 report might not get everything sorted out and I would personally make the trip or call one of the offices that are operational at that time. I called the immigration hotline my last report because I felt it was late getting back and I was told by them that I should not be concerned until 2 weeks after the report due date on getting back my receipt and at that time I should call them and talk with someone about it.

Is it safe to assume that they received my report?

Otherwise I have to go in-person this week...yay...

Looks like it got sent to Imperial World from CW.

So...what do you think?

WAIT 30 days starting from the 25th of Feb for the receipt to be mailed back?

or

Go in person this week before my 7 days after report date expires?

DATETIME Scan Location Description Delivery Status

February 13, 2014 15:54:45 BUNG THONGLANG Accept

February 15, 2014 09:31:24 LAK SI Out for Delivery

February 18, 2014 09:00-11:59 LAK SI Delivery Status Successful Recipient Name

February 20, 2014 09:58:21 LAK SI Out for Delivery

February 24, 2014 09:00-11:59 LAK SI Delivery Status Successful Recipient Name

February 25, 2014 08:49:45 LAT PHRAO Out for Delivery

February 25, 2014 09:00-11:59 LAT PHRAO Delivery Status Successful Recipient Name

Edited by blacksuitdandruff

I've seen the news about Suthep calling off all but the Lumpini Park protest sites, effective Monday.

But I've yet to see any news indicating whether the monk in control of the ChaengWattana site is playing along, or going his own separate way...

The last news I read about it was that he is not moving.

• 3 weeks later...

I just got back my 90 day receipt by return mail today (March 17), which I sent by registered mail to CW on January 21 for notification due on Feb. 5:

January 21, 2014 14:29:56 SINDHORN Accept

January 23, 2014 14:19:16 LAK SI Out for Delivery

February 5, 2014 09:00-11:59 LAK SI Delivery Status Government/Public Company closed

February 11, 2014 09:00-11:59 LAK SI Delivery Status Others

February 12, 2014 09:26:17 LAT PHRAO Out for Delivery

February 12, 2014 09:00-11:59 LAT PHRAO Delivery Status Successful

UNFORTUNATELY, they sent me the receipt of another foreigner by mistake, so I had to go all the way out to Lad Prao to get it sorted out. While there I asked the officer if I can send my next 90 day notice (due May 7) to either CW or LP if CW is still closed. She said no, I had to go in person to either Lad Prao or Suksawat office. Don't know if this is the "official" policy now so it would be interesting to hear the response other people get.

Edited by siamtwin

While there I asked the officer if I can send my next 90 day notice (due May 7) to either CW or LP if CW is still closed. She said no, I had to go in person to either Lad Prao or Suksawat office. Don't know if this is the "official" policy now so it would be interesting to hear the response other people get.

That's what both offices have been telling people for some time -- supposedly no mailed 90 day reports to Lad Prao or Major Hollywood. They want someone, you or someone on your behalf, to go in person.

Meanwhile, the mail tracking above shows that your CW mailing got redirected to Lad Prao, which I guess was a good thing. CW Immigration is still not open even now from all indications. But considering they sent you the wrong receipt in return and you still had to make an in-person trip to Lad Prao, mail-ins right now would not seem to be advisable.

(Also posted this in my recent thread, but pertains here.)

Got my receipt today, April 1 (yay). (Not fooling.) My expiry date was March 17.
Couple interesting things (perhaps):
- Post mark is a bit fuzzy, but what I can read says "CHATUCHAK".
- I guess I still had some of the B15 stamps, so that's what I'd put on my return envelope. Even so, they had added an extra 1 baht postage. Weird.

DP

• Like 1

(Also posted this in my recent thread, but pertains here.)

Got my receipt today, April 1 (yay). (Not fooling.) My expiry date was March 17.

Couple interesting things (perhaps):

- Post mark is a bit fuzzy, but what I can read says "CHATUCHAK".

- I guess I still had some of the B15 stamps, so that's what I'd put on my return envelope. Even so, they had added an extra 1 baht postage. Weird.

DP

Thanks. It's good to know that despite CW being closed, they are still processing postal reports sent there.

I got lucky and someone at work did mine, but I'll post the next one,