Thai editorial: Let's rouse true national conscience tomorrow

webfact

Meh don't tell the English readers we already know how ridiculous and dangerous this all is... tell it to the Thais ... pref in Thai so they can understand ... bit late now though anyway

Don't we just.

The mob in the street down to its last few hundred engaging in another on camera series of severe beatings is 1920'2 and 30's Italy and Germany.

The Education system has totally failed the middle class if even 2 of them belive a word of suthep.

This is how it starts. Thailand wake up. You will not get rid of the Elite if you let Suthep in. Looks good and feels good for the sheep to be in a big crowd.

Millions as there were supporting Musollini... THE LOST, !!! Took 20 years war, but they lost

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaq8xmjcfpE

...........and hopefully fascist Shinawatra will too!! Wasnt Mussolini democratically elected in rigged election too?

"Cowardly Thais, mostly in the media, too scared to call Suthep the Fascist he is will let the mob beat up people in the street "

So the media are supposed to do the police's job?

also you say you have been to the places, fact. Any pictures? (because the pictures you posted are from Richard Barrows twitter feed)

also who's WE!

Typical of a lazy arm chair protester/doubting Thomas.

What don't you go out to the streets and collect factual evidence to refute what other posters state?

Do your own research and then come come back with solid data to enrich the conversation.

Either believe what the biased Media tells you or, bring new data and facts regarding the topic or... simply do the smart thing and shut up.

Of course, it is your right not to be smart or shut up.

Meh don't tell the English readers we already know how ridiculous and dangerous this all is... tell it to the Thais ... pref in Thai so they can understand ... bit late now though anyway

Don't we just.

The mob in the street down to its last few hundred engaging in another on camera series of severe beatings is 1920'2 and 30's Italy and Germany.

The Education system has totally failed the middle class if even 2 of them belive a word of suthep.

This is how it starts. Thailand wake up. You will not get rid of the Elite if you let Suthep in. Looks good and feels good for the sheep to be in a big crowd.

Millions as there were supporting Musollini... THE LOST, !!! Took 20 years war, but they lost

pipkins

member for 2 weeks

520 posts in favor of thaksins team

Im Thai...........and i cant live here and not work!! How do you find time for so much garbage?..........and how sad that you feel that you can make a difference...........youve spent ALL that time and not one iota has changed because of it here in Thailand.......wouldnt you be better off making yourself and your family more financialy stable?.............or are you 12 and in holiday from international school - the quality of your posts would certainy support that possibility?

Edited by love1012
  • Like 1

Don't we just.

pipkins

member for 2 weeks

Im Thai...........and i cant live here and not work!! How do you find time for so much garbage?..........and how sad that you feel that you can make a difference...........youve spent ALL that time and not one iota has changed because of it here in Thailand.......wouldnt you be better off making yourself and your family more financialy stable?.............or are you 12 and in holiday from international school - the quality of your posts would certainy support that possibility?

Well said clap2.gif Any comparison with the 1920-30s and Mussolini are so far off the mark in relation to what is happening in Thailand it ischeesy.gif

I'm trying to work out what he means by " Millions as there were supporting Musollini... THE LOST, !!! Took 20 years war, but they lost" unsure.png

could it be a reference, that it will take that long to get rid of Thaksin?

Edited by ggold

Yes I know you are Thai.

I am very sorry for you-

Believe that- I hear your frustration-- and it is justified.

Can you tell me-- what is the problem in your country?

Why did other countries advance intellectually and yours remained mired in the equivalient of the 14th century in Europe?

What is it in your culture that is so ireconcilable with the aspirations of those who do believe in social, economic and political equality?

Edited by blaze
  • Like 1

"Cowardly Thais, mostly in the media, too scared to call Suthep the Fascist he is will let the mob beat up people in the street "

So the media are supposed to do the police's job?

also you say you have been to the places, fact. Any pictures? (because the pictures you posted are from Richard Barrows twitter feed)

also who's WE!

Typical of a lazy arm chair protester/doubting Thomas.

What don't you go out to the streets and collect factual evidence to refute what other posters state?

Do your own research and then come come back with solid data to enrich the conversation.

Either believe what the biased Media tells you or, bring new data and facts regarding the topic or... simply do the smart thing and shut up.

Of course, it is your right not to be smart or shut up.

And that's exactly what I asked Pipkin to provide. Data and facts. He was the one that stated "we" have been there and got the pictures. Then uses someone else's pictures.

and as I don't live in Bangkok It would be pointless going out on the street as you say!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yes I know you are Thai.

I am very sorry for you-

Believe that- I hear your frustration-- and it is justified.

Can you tell me-- what is the problem in your country?

Why did other countries advance intellectually and yours remained mired in the equivalient of the 14th century in Europe?

What is it in your culture that is so ireconcilable with the aspirations of those who do believe in social, economic and political equality?

As you well stated Khun Blaze, this country is in the doldrums of the European Middle Ages. The reason for all that denial.

Thainess: First deny any wrongdoing. After that: try to save face, try not to lose face, try to make merit to earn face, blame others... but, never, ever, admit that there is anything wrong with the culture. Much less to do something about it to correct it or improve it.

Thais do not know their own history because is not taught in schools other than what their version of Buddhism is and the glory of their system of governance.

Thai history is continually being rewritten to hide the "imperfections" of the country. How many Thais know that the ancient name of this country was SIAM? How many Thais know who was responsible for the name change or how it came about? Thais just accept any official version of their own history because they lack the intellectual capacity to distinguish a lie from a fact. Thais are not intellectually curious nor proactive.

I have asked from the likes of love 1012 for list of names of Thai Noble Prize recipients in any discipline. I have requested a list of notable Thai inventors, their inventions and how those inventions contributed to make humankind better.

Once I got the lame explanation that this country was very small. Well, the UK is an island, a small country and yet, the list of inventors (beginning with Robert Fulton) is a lengthy one. So are the Nobel Prize recipients. Another small country (without even a coastline) is Switzerland... Need I say more?

The same advice you give to Blaze, apply it to yourself: "Wouldnt you be better off making yourself and your family more financially stable?" Those are your words, not mine.

Edited by pisico
  • Like 1

Well said clap2.gif Any comparison with the 1920-30s and Mussolini are so far off the mark in relation to what is happening in Thailand it ischeesy.gif

I'm trying to work out what he means by " Millions as there were supporting Musollini... THE LOST, !!! Took 20 years war, but they lost" unsure.png

you don't see the similarities between Suthep's concept of Cleansing Governement and Mussolini's Grand Council of Rome?

IT's getting very old now- most, regardless of color sympathy have accepted that this is fascist- pure and simple.

Maybe if Soo Soo doesnt invade Abyssinia (or Cambodia) we will finally get trains running on time.

Don't we just.

pipkins

member for 2 weeks

totally agree, real fishy!

Don't we just.

Not a bad parallel Pipkins. Thaksin also demands total obedience and blahs on about democracy as Mussolini did in this film. Mussolini made the trains run on time and Thaksin wants to build a high speed train. The difference is the back drop to the fascism of the 30s was the Great Depression which is not present here. Also Mussolini ended up strung up by his ankles in a public square in Milan.

You are missing the point. the question isnt whether Thaksin is a control freak I believe he is too but the ideal of Suthep is exactly the same, if we are going to use Mussolini then add Franco as the other, dont really care which way round you have them. or Hitler replaced with Stalin or Mao. History shows us these examples. It would be foolish to replace one bad choice for another.

This is what is being proposed here,to be rid of one dictatorial ideal and figure is one thing but replaced with another who is even more demanding and idealist ?....... pure whacko solution, but then again I see Thailand as complicit and comfortable with totalitarian rule which it has been under for many many decades...

Thailands political affliction is not one dictatorial person such as TS but a host of dictatorial institutions which we have seen in plain unashamed public the last few months and they seek to now place their own dictator in power. The people are to blame and will be to blame for their poor and corrupt leaderships, much of Thailand society is a happy participant rather than cowering victim in the wave of repression and corruption.

It gets and will get what it deserves.

Edited by englishoak
  • Like 2

you don't see the similarities between Suthep's concept of Cleansing Governement and Mussolini's Grand Council of Rome?

IT's getting very old now- most, regardless of color sympathy have accepted that this is fascist- pure and simple.

Maybe if Soo Soo doesnt invade Abyssinia (or Cambodia) we will finally get trains running on time.

None what so ever.

IT's getting very old now- most, regardless of color sympathy have accepted that this is fascist- pure and simple

Really? cheesy.gif