Red wave set to swamp Bangkok

Lite Beer

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Reds are proclaiming about Sedition and Revolution, not Democracy. The evidence is in their act of injuring or killing others who disagree with them.

Hmmm...DSI is very quiet towards this group of people. Who is DSI working for?

Not at all.

The only excuse (at the moment) for a coup is to stop violence.

If they are warned there will be a thousand times more violence if there is a coup, it makes those who try to implement a coup much more wary of doing so.

This is now 2014. Crimes against humanity now go to the International Courts. Coups of late have only been accepted as they were bloodless. Should a coup happen and then all hell breaks lose, then those who carry it out will have to face International courts.

I am still waiting for Suthep and Abhisit to face their charges of murder for sending out the army with live ammo against red shirts.

If you want to note the hypocrisy here, the excuse for sending the army in with live ammo was "red shirts have guns" and yet we see yesterday PDRC guards have automatic weapons and handguns and yet, the army do nothing, say nothing.............. total hypocrisy.

At least PTP and YL have explicitly told police and army - no weapons.

So ultimately its just to restrain the hands of those wanting to subvert Democracy and get an appointed PM and appointed council to run the country. They know full well if they try it then they might not be able to just hide away somewhere nice near the beach with hundreds of millions of baht in the bank account as payment for services rendered, they might be called up to face International Courts following thousands of deaths due to their action.

So I say no not at all to your sedition and revolution claims. They have said that if there is a coup (which immediately breaks the constitution and those carrying it are traitors) then they will take action against the people who try to pull off another coup. Once the constitution is broken by a coup and traitors are in charge, there is no constitution in effect.

All in my opinion of course.

If you live in Udon Thani you cannot fail to have noticed that the local people pay taxes. Those that earn enough, and there are plenty in Isaan, pay income tax. Everyone pays purchase taxes. Look at your electricity and water bills, your telephone bill, your receipt from the gas station and the stores where you do your shopping, the garage where you have your car serviced and the restaurants you dine in. There is purchase tax on them.

Have you noticed all the new housing developments being built in and around Udon? In the main it is local Thais who are buying them which means they must have a good income on which they are taxed. Or do you spend your time and money In Soi Samphan?

Guess what, most of the taxes the people of Isaan pay gets spent in the greater Bangkok area. What Thaksin did was to increase the amount of government expenditure outside of the greater Bangkok area, which had been neglected by successive governments for decades. Put another way, he reduced the amount the rest of the country pays in subsidies to Bangkok. It is still 74/26 in favour of the metropolis, but that is much better than before Thaksin.

Tell that to my Thai wife parents who took a loan from the great Taskin Loan scheme

and 3 years later when the could not pay it back the government threw them out onto the street and took there homes

Yes taskin was great for issan, maybe in your dreams

Perhaps they should not have taken the loan if they could not afford to pay it back...duh

Many could well not have known it could lead to this, Are loan sharks good people ??? Thaksin used near the same line, WE will help with money---wow thanks and did not realize that when they hit hardship---OUT.

Same deposit for a M/cycle 900 bht pay 2000 bht a month for 3 years 73,000 the cash prize 37,000 baht.---you don't pay the guarantor pays.

I don't post to often on these forms. I am an American and I live in homes from Krabi to Surin to Condo in Bangkok. I am amazed at the heartlessness of some of the stupid snide remarks that are mad about Thailand's crawl to Democracy. Every person in this country deserves the right to have a vote! Anyone that tries or suggest that be taken away. abolishes any good that they say they seek to do.

Phew. I almost made it through the day without an American explaining a "true" democracy. Thanks!

Question of the day.- Did Prayuth vote today...?

Well, a vote is a vote for Yingluk...

His disguise as good as his army shrubbery collection yesterday on Cheang Wattana..

Just can't see them coming out for Suthep now,,, so Bangkok is going to have to live with the fat idiot and his 200 marchers until somebody realises that the whole country lose out with the PDRC.

PLEASE: There is a massive thing out there called "The Internet" millions of people posting pics live... many cameras now upload direct as you take it. Things like twitter and FB have thousands of pics all weekend.

In the good old days, Sutheps thugs would take your camera and rip the film out. These days it is "Click" Upload!! They all out there if you like pics

BfcYY13CcAAwp2R.jpg

Edited by pipkins

I live in issan, you can drive for miles and miles and see nothing but sugar cane, tapioca , rubber--eucalyptus - dumps and plastic bags, run down wooden shacks, tin outside wash houses and toilets-disgusting but they never change unless a farrang comes along and helps them improve.

At last the mask slips. You're one of that pathetic class of Farangs who despise the ordinary Thai people with their "...run down wooden shacks......tin wash houses......disgusting!". You spend your day on a Farang internet forum slagging them off while sneering at their living conditions from you air conditioned SUV. Now I understand why you want to take their votes away. Why do you live in such a disgusting country at all?

What? Nothing further to add?

Oh yes, plenty but thinking I'm hitting my head against a brick wall with your biased view-unreal.

There is no mask, reality for most part. Not slagging the people off, I lived in a wooden shack with Thai people, helping them along the way.

Yes and used the tin shack to shower --dip in bowl-squat toilet.

Some are disgusting when they have mobiles and mod cons-but choose to live this style.

33 years here in the disgusting village areas you stupid man suggesting I have an SUV---you have a thing about someone with an suv ??

I love to work on the farms rice sugar cane, that's why sometimes I am not on forum, I'm in the disgusting fields helping.

I joke with some locals and say instead of a 600 baht mobile phone that would put in a shower in the shack---no is the answer my grandfather did like this--we just laugh.

Your love of a disgusting government is all I know of you and want to know.

I do not call all villages disgusting but I see disgusting toilets when less laziness could cure. Houses well this is the same thing .

Please believe me when I say a vast amount of people are in a trap with no help, and I feel sorry for them. This is your government that proclaims to help on paper but rarely does only at election times.

Ah yes, those happy days down on the farm toiling alongside the peasants to bring in the rice harvest. Did you ever mention to them that you think their tin shack lifestyle is only made possible by Bangkok taxes and the generosity of Farangs like yourself? That would have been an interesting conversation. Or did you ever tell them that they're all too stupid to vote, what with their outside toilets and all, and that they should hand over the country to Suthep and this lot........

post-70418-0-13847700-1391340416_thumb.j

.............because they'd make a better job of running it. That must have been a lively debate. Ah yes, happy days down on the farm indeed! "33 years here in the disgusting village areas", is that what you tell me? You must be a man of great truly great fortitude.

At last the mask slips. You're one of that pathetic class of Farangs who despise the ordinary Thai people with their "...run down wooden shacks......tin wash houses......disgusting!". You spend your day on a Farang internet forum slagging them off while sneering at their living conditions from you air conditioned SUV. Now I understand why you want to take their votes away. Why do you live in such a disgusting country at all?

For a start my Thai wife has lived in Kalasin all her life

she went to university and god a BD then went to work in a top Bkk hotel where she learnt hospitality

After we where married she returned with me to Australia and got her Masters degree at Griffen Univerity and majored in Business management

we then returned to Udon where we bought a small farm, and she opened up a small business, from which she bough another block of land and built a retirement home for her parents

She has 6 Thai now working for her and the reason she can take time off to protest

If any thing happens to me she can carry on her own and look after our children,

So she has earned the right to talk about Issan people who have done something with their lives and those that are to lazt to do anything

her latest project is to open a boarding house close to the university she went to

and rent it out to Uni students

And she has done all this with no financial need from me, except for my opinions on moves she is going to make

Now how much ore you want me to add

I love Issan and I love the Issan people

PTP want to keep then under their thumb, and educated Issan is the end for the Taskin Mob, we are already starting to see that

This is what I like to hear, good on you and your lady. There are so many rural people that have no desire to improve. They have always done it this way-many of them say. Many are waiting for handouts- so many are lovely humble folk. What I mentioned was the (I used a harsh word ) disgusting lazy people who dump rubbish and teach their kids the same without bothering to improve the tin shack toilet that their teenage daughter has to use, this is disgusting.

But in spite of all that, neither he nor his Thai wife saw fit to help out her parents who very sadly lost their home as a result of taking out an obviously ill advised loan.

Many seem to be shouting war and trying to ignite one. All caused by one single person for greed and desire of greatness. 64 years old and gathered billions. Still it's not enough. How does he think he can return to Thailand and live? Become president of the north? It will not happen.

Yes Taksin did some bad things, everybody knows all about them.

But he should have been voted out !!

Not thrown out through a coup and ignore the voice of the masses.

Three times already !

Everybody calls them dumb and ignorant but wonders why they are fed up with it.

Taksin plays a dirty game using these people, i fully agree, but the old elite plays a dumb game ignoring them.

And this is the result.

As said before, i feel very sorry for this beautiful country !!

The Reds are proclaiming about Sedition and Revolution, not Democracy. The evidence is in their act of injuring or killing others who disagree with them.

Hmmm...DSI is very quiet towards this group of people. Who is DSI working for?

Not at all.

The only excuse (at the moment) for a coup is to stop violence.

If they are warned there will be a thousand times more violence if there is a coup, it makes those who try to implement a coup much more wary of doing so.

This is now 2014. Crimes against humanity now go to the International Courts. Coups of late have only been accepted as they were bloodless. Should a coup happen and then all hell breaks lose, then those who carry it out will have to face International courts.

I am still waiting for Suthep and Abhisit to face their charges of murder for sending out the army with live ammo against red shirts.

If you want to note the hypocrisy here, the excuse for sending the army in with live ammo was "red shirts have guns" and yet we see yesterday PDRC guards have automatic weapons and handguns and yet, the army do nothing, say nothing.............. total hypocrisy.

At least PTP and YL have explicitly told police and army - no weapons.

So ultimately its just to restrain the hands of those wanting to subvert Democracy and get an appointed PM and appointed council to run the country. They know full well if they try it then they might not be able to just hide away somewhere nice near the beach with hundreds of millions of baht in the bank account as payment for services rendered, they might be called up to face International Courts following thousands of deaths due to their action.

So I say no not at all to your sedition and revolution claims. They have said that if there is a coup (which immediately breaks the constitution and those carrying it are traitors) then they will take action against the people who try to pull off another coup. Once the constitution is broken by a coup and traitors are in charge, there is no constitution in effect.

All in my opinion of course.

And the reds only threw cucumbers at the army ? Were they live cucumbers ?

And you dare to use the word "hypocrisy" in your anal comment. Amazing Thailand indeed .

Tell that to my Thai wife parents who took a loan from the great Taskin Loan scheme
and 3 years later when the could not pay it back the government threw them out onto the street and took there homes

Perhaps they should not have taken the loan if they could not afford to pay it back...duh

Perhaps the Pheu Thai shouldn't have taken rice from the rice farmers if they couldn't pay it back.....duhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! But of course that doesnt fit the red bill does it?

It would appear that some commentators are taking a narrow view of "democracy". Democracy doesn't begin and end at free elections, essential that they are. Thailand has had elections for years, but is seeing little improvement in the lot of the majority. Democracy is also about honesty, integrity, openness, inclusiveness of an elected government. The voters of Thailand have done their bit for democracy many times, but successive governments have fallen far short. The current unhealthy situation has been brought about to a major extent by the incompetence of successive "democratically elected" governments.

Edited by bumpkin

Oh yes, plenty but thinking I'm hitting my head against a brick wall with your biased view-unreal.

There is no mask, reality for most part. Not slagging the people off, I lived in a wooden shack with Thai people, helping them along the way.

Yes and used the tin shack to shower --dip in bowl-squat toilet.

Some are disgusting when they have mobiles and mod cons-but choose to live this style.

33 years here in the disgusting village areas you stupid man suggesting I have an SUV---you have a thing about someone with an suv ??

I love to work on the farms rice sugar cane, that's why sometimes I am not on forum, I'm in the disgusting fields helping.

I joke with some locals and say instead of a 600 baht mobile phone that would put in a shower in the shack---no is the answer my grandfather did like this--we just laugh.

Your love of a disgusting government is all I know of you and want to know.

I do not call all villages disgusting but I see disgusting toilets when less laziness could cure. Houses well this is the same thing .

Please believe me when I say a vast amount of people are in a trap with no help, and I feel sorry for them. This is your government that proclaims to help on paper but rarely does only at election times.

Ah yes, those happy days down on the farm toiling alongside the peasants to bring in the rice harvest. Did you ever mention to them that you think their tin shack lifestyle is only made possible by Bangkok taxes and the generosity of Farangs like yourself? That would have been an interesting conversation. Or did you ever tell them that they're all too stupid to vote, what with their outside toilets and all, and that they should hand over the country to Suthep and this lot........

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

.............because they'd make a better job of running it. That must have been a lively debate. Ah yes, happy days down on the farm indeed! "33 years here in the disgusting village areas", is that what you tell me? You must be a man of great truly great fortitude.

Very little left, you do not listen to the gist in what I say.

You twist things horribly wrong to suit your style, I though we could have a decent talk but it's not possible with your attitude.

Your in a trance with the beauty of the government and the obsession with Suthep.

A good % Thai rural people are not house clean. The fact that many will let their teen age daughter wash in dirty toilets.

It is what I have seen NOT all by a long way---distort that as well.

I was not boasting about doing farm work for some people, enjoyed it. If you see an SUV going reasonable let me know.

I do not provide for Thai people money-Mr clever, just help at times if they are nice folk.

I lived in a wooden shack with Thai people, helping them along the way........33 years here in the disgusting village areas...........

Damn, the more I think about that the more impressed I am. There's not many Japanese soldiers who would have held out for a third of a century in those conditions! Big respect!

• Like 2

It would appear that some commentators are taking a narrow view of "democracy". Democracy doesn't begin and end at free elections, essential that they are. Thailand has had elections for years, but is seeing little improvement in the lot of the majority. Democracy is also about honesty, integrity, openness, inclusiveness of an elected government. The voters of Thailand have done their bit for democracy many times, but successive governments have fallen far short. The current unhealthy situation has been brought about to a major extent by the incompetence of successive "democratically elected" governments.

The problem here is that Thailand has had almost as many coups as it has had elections. Election -coup - election - coup, and so on. Democracy is like a plant. It needs time to take root and grow. If you stomp on it every four years it's going to become twisted and stunted. The only way forward is to fix it from within and put a stop to the four yearly coup cycle. That's why I have such contempt for the people who want to bin democracy and go back to strong-man rule. The notion that yet-another- f***ing-coup will set everything right in Thailand is insane.

• Like 1

I lived in a wooden shack with Thai people, helping them along the way........33 years here in the disgusting village areas...........

dam_n, the more I think about that the more impressed I am. There's not many Japanese soldiers who would have held out for a third of a century in those conditions! Big respect!

Tried to explain that I have tasted Thai rural life.

Not lived in a shack 33 years.

Picking parts of posts is not clever.

After my last post I thought you may mellow, no you will never be OK. I cannot abide posters that twist posts around to collect brownie points--your known for it---no more from you I've had my fill. bye

Many seem to be shouting war and trying to ignite one. All caused by one single person for greed and desire of greatness. 64 years old and gathered billions. Still it's not enough. How does he think he can return to Thailand and live? Become president of the north? It will not happen.

Yes Taksin did some bad things, everybody knows all about them.

But he should have been voted out !!

Not thrown out through a coup and ignore the voice of the masses.

Three times already !

Everybody calls them dumb and ignorant but wonders why they are fed up with it.

Taksin plays a dirty game using these people, i fully agree, but the old elite plays a dumb game ignoring them.

And this is the result.

As said before, i feel very sorry for this beautiful country !!

Before I said it is a choice between bad (dems) and superbad (shinas). The shinas raised corruption to an exceptional level. Allowing them to go on would mean many more billions thrown away in the rice scam and the go ahead for the 2.2 TRILLION loan. That would mean an incredible national debt that would haunt the taxpayers for decades.

If chose the dems then they can be much easier replaced when something better comes into politics. And that for sure will happen. If chose the shinas, the cancer will spread more and more beyond cure. Corruption will spread deeper and deeper.

I share your regret for the country. But Thailand and Thai people remain beautiful and resourceful. They deserve better than now and in the past. And they will get it. The country will be back on top of the world as a rice selling country and in many other ways standards will go up too. But keeping the shinas would be disastrous. Trace where the taxpayer's money went and perhaps billions can be brought back.

• Like 1

One really has to be a blind fool to write such rubbish. So you are against democracy?! Go back to your home country, Thailand does not need your kinds of expats!

One of the most important characteristics of democracy is freedom of speech........

A real democracy doesn't exclude the people with an opinion;)

An opinion can be Constructive

Or just darn right stupid like the writer

Before I said it is a choice between bad (dems) and superbad (shinas). The shinas raised corruption to an exceptional level. Allowing them to go on would mean many more billions thrown away in the rice scam and the go ahead for the 2.2 TRILLION loan.

The corruption index really jumped from 62 to over 80 during the yellow rule of 2006 to 2008. Then it rose even further over 100 during the following four years and have stayed up there, regardless of which side has been in power. You cannot solely put the blame on the Red side in this. Espeicially since most of the government services are in the Yellow dominated BANGKOK!

The only solution is to keep on voting, no "good peoples'" councils are going to help. Especially since the Yellow politicians clearly have a hidden agenda, to put Bangkok district into a somekind of government kingmaker position and bring back the old feudal like rule of Bangkok elite.

Edited by Timwin
  • Like 2

Before I said it is a choice between bad (dems) and superbad (shinas). The shinas raised corruption to an exceptional level. Allowing them to go on would mean many more billions thrown away in the rice scam and the go ahead for the 2.2 TRILLION loan.

The corruption index really jumped from 62 to over 80 during the yellow rule of 2006 to 2008. Then it rose even further over 100 during the following four years and have stayed up there, regardless of which side has been in power. You cannot solely put the blame on the Red side in this.

The only solution is to keep on voting, no "good peoples'" councils are going to help. Especially since the Yellow politicians clearly have a hidden agenda, to put Bangkok district into a somekind of government kingmaker position and bring back the old feudal like rule of Bangkok elite.

I though the protest was better than that

Clean out all the corrupt Politicians before the next election

Why did you leave that out of your posting

One really has to be a blind fool to write such rubbish. So you are against democracy?! Go back to your home country, Thailand does not need your kinds of expats!

What an uneducated answer, stay in the north please.

• Like 1

If those do come to Bangkok ... I'll recommend to the gf that there is an untapped market maybe selling ageless face-cream to our friends from the north ... rolleyes.gif

They just look old from working hard to keep the rich BKK elite in the lifestyle they demand.

Seems you have that completely ass backwards since the entire rice scheme was paid for by tax payers money and ipso facto the rich 'elite' you reds keep bleating on about( actually more likely the middle classes as the rich can manipulate their monies to avoid tax )....The 'elite's tax money has been keeping the reds in the lifestyle they are demanding for the last 2 years till the caretakers stopped paying 6 months ago.

You should have quit while you where ahead, your comments show you have now knowledge of Taksins corruption

So a quick lesson for you

when Taskin was coming to power he got all the village head men together and offered million Baht loans to the people

These people where farmers and had no idea about these government loans, in fact they where told these loans where from the government to help them farm better, they had no idea it had to be paid back

and when the loans where needed to be paid back many farmer had no idea what they had signed

My thai wife tells me all the time many Issan girls have no idea that the have to pay back monies on credit cards in 2013

they all believe a present is a gift, why they must pay back

This is Thailand the country I love, not the country that makes sense

One day you will understand like most intelligent Expats do

Make a loan to a Thai and you will never see the money again

No you only want those agreeing with you whether they are Thai or falang

You are supporting a group which is trying to deny the fundamental right of voting! It does not get any more undemocratic than that! The Yellows have had multiple opportunities to make their so called "reforms" recently, in 2006-2008 especially.

Only some arrogant and ignorant Bangkok expats continue supporting them for some selfish reason obviously. Some are even hoping for a military coup.

Keep on voting is the only way to get rid of corrupted politicians eventually. Military coups only hand power back to the same corrupted elite in Bangkok and nothing improves. The Reds are not much better but at least it is a small step forward.

This arrogant attitude of Thai Chinese minority is very dangerous. The idea it is their birthright is to rule over Thailand. It could turn against themselves if the angry Reds really started flooding to Bangkok. All that decades long hate just waiting to be released. It could turn very ugly and very fast. When Thais lose their cool, they really lose it in very bad way. I hope it does not come to that.

In 2010 it was very close of starting a civil war. Government buildings already were burning all over the place but for some unknown reason it did not escalate beyond that. This time we might not be so lucky.

How about the fundamental rights to live in a country with a government that governs in favour of the country ( rather than trying to help a fugitiven on the run ) which is governed by wise and knowledgable people whgo can steer the country in the right ddirection ( rather than the PT bunch of crooks who haven't got a clue ) and doesn't steal a huge amount from it where the laws apply to everyone and nobody is above the law ? Where people can freely express themselves without fear, where human rights activists do not get murdered and disaappear in the middle of the night ? etc etc... There are so many fundamental rights that do not exist under the Taksin regime that need to be fixed first for democracy to be able to function. This is why reform is necessary first. And as you have seen in 2010 and again now, the reds are a violent bunch, just look at the recent statements from Ko Tee ? He should have been arrested and behind bars by now for saying he wants to start killing people. But because Taksin backs him to kill people that makes it fine, utter detritus !

If those do come to Bangkok ... I'll recommend to the gf that there is an untapped market maybe selling ageless face-cream to our friends from the north ... rolleyes.gif

They just look old from working hard to keep the rich BKK elite in the lifestyle they demand.

Seems you have that completely ass backwards since the entire rice scheme was paid for by tax payers money and ipso facto the rich 'elite' you reds keep bleating on about( actually more likely the middle classes as the rich can manipulate their monies to avoid tax )....The 'elite's tax money has been keeping the reds in the lifestyle they are demanding for the last 2 years till the caretakers stopped paying 6 months ago.

Yea I agree the rich elite charge them to go through their garbage bins. What a load of crap and nonsense most of the farms are now owned by the rich elite and these people lease them to scrape out a small living of scraps. It is the elite in BKK who are making the money not the farmers. Many of the wharehouses also own the farms and those that own the wharehouses are living in BKK and reaping all the rewards dinning and living off the work of the rural folk.

The same happens in Australia, China owns huge amounts of rural/agricultural property and the profits go to china. America owns the majority of beef properties the work done by aussies and the profits to the U.S.

Same in Thailand the elite own the land the farmers do the work and the elite reap 99% of the profits.

Edited by chooka

I don't post to often on these forms. I am an American and I live in homes from Krabi to Surin to Condo in Bangkok. I am amazed at the heartlessness of some of the stupid snide remarks that are mad about Thailand's crawl to Democracy. Every person in this country deserves the right to have a vote! Anyone that tries or suggest that be taken away. abolishes any good that they say they seek to do.

Congratulations on your numerous homes. However not really sure of the relevance

of that information to the thread...... Do some research on Thaksin, and his famous

statement that "democracy is not his goal".. Democracy is a sham here designed

to soothe western investors and the foreign press. When Thaksin " led" Thailand, he would

wake up in the morning with some wild idea, and by the afternoon it would be

implemented. Does that sound like democracy to you ???/

Give up my friend, he already said he is American

I have some real good American friends but alot have escaped from captivity

One day he will realise to vote for a 1 party government

is to vote for dictatorship nor democracy

• Like 1

You should have quit while you where ahead, your comments show you have now knowledge of Taksins corruption

So a quick lesson for you

when Taskin was coming to power he got all the village head men together and offered million Baht loans to the people

These people where farmers and had no idea about these government loans, in fact they where told these loans where from the government to help them farm better, they had no idea it had to be paid back

and when the loans where needed to be paid back many farmer had no idea what they had signed

My thai wife tells me all the time many Issan girls have no idea that the have to pay back monies on credit cards in 2013

they all believe a present is a gift, why they must pay back

This is Thailand the country I love, not the country that makes sense

One day you will understand like most intelligent Expats do

Make a loan to a Thai and you will never see the money again

Onya Tezza...so they all believe in fairies raining down cash onto them...good one.

By the way, have loaned out cash before and have got it back.