Moving Back

charlie7

It looks like I will be moving back to Pattaya early this year after working away for eight years and will be looking for somewhere in central (ish) in Pattaya to stay. Maybe I am just out of touch with prices but after looking on the net property rentals appear high. The question is what to realistically expect to pay for a one bed condo around 60sqm in a mid range complex long term ?......not easy I know but ball park

Dont believe all the prices you see advertised. They are for dreamers and the unwary.

Find the place you like and offer 50-65% of the advertised price for a long rental. If they dont accept just smile and move on to the next one.

There are many vacant units available (especially outside of the Dec-Feb period) and many many more to come as the new buildings get completed.

Concur. Expect to pay half of advertised prices for purchase.

Find the place you like and offer 50-65% of the advertised price for a long rental. If they dont accept just smile and move on to the next one.

Ha, ha, ha in a good building that is NEVER going to happen. Such bad advice!

Well, I dont know what you would call a "good building" but the advice has worked for me and many others, even in very popular buildings. YMMV

You have to remember that a common pastime in Thailand is advertising things for sale/rent at absurdly high prices, just in case some idiot comes along who is prepared to pay it. You see it all the time here and as a result many things hang around for rent or sale for months or years.

• Like 1

Ha, ha, ha in a good building that is NEVER going to happen. Such bad advice!

Well, I dont know what you would call a "good building" but the advice has worked for me and many others, even in very popular buildings. YMMV

You have to remember that a common pastime in Thailand is advertising things for sale/rent at absurdly high prices, just in case some idiot comes along who is prepared to pay it. You see it all the time here and as a result many things hang around for rent or sale for months or years.

It's certainly worth a try...one can always up one's offer...more difficult to go down.

For 50sm one BR in a central location in Pattaya 20-25k should be fine.

You could always try the Pattaya Plaza Condotel on Sukhumvit Rd on Soi Heaven. They are just studios but 40sqm and could look around while staying there for a month. I have a corner unit so can see the ocean and the mountains and it's only 6000 baht per month fully furnished and water/electricity is fairly cheap. There is plenty of secure parking and they only want one month deposit. There are a few double-room condos that go for around 10 - 12,000 BPM.

post-147691-0-94047000-1391399516_thumb.

post-147691-0-84540300-1391399554_thumb.

post-147691-0-02819700-1391399627_thumb.

Going by the replies I have had I have come to the same conclusion....take a small room for as long as it takes to find what I'm looking for at a price I am prepared to pay....I will probably arrive in low season when there should be rooms available in plenty unless things have changed drastically in the time I have been away....thanks for the heads up guys