Pheu Thai Chief Warns Of 'Conspiracy' To Nullify Election

Lite Beer

Pheu Thai Chief Warns Of 'Conspiracy' To Nullify Election

By Khaosod English.

13913145131391314739l.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Chairman of the ruling Pheu Thai Party has asserted that the Election Commission (EC) is conspiring to derail the 2 February election.

"Their goal is to nullify this election," Mr. Jarupong Ruengsuwan told reporters, "So be it ... No matter what the EC is doing, let them do it. It′s all a conspiracy".
Mr. Jarupong made the comment as he arrived at a polling station in Ladprao district to cast his vote - the first person to do so for the station this morning.
He urged citizens who could not exercise their voting rights to file legal complaint against the EC officials and the protesters led by the People′s Committee for Absolute Democracy With the King As Head of State (PCAD).
PCAD protesters have surrounded several electoral district offices in Bangkok to prevent the distribution of ballot equipment, while EC has been accused by governmental officials of failing to organise the voting in many areas.
"We have to hold the wrongdoers accountable. I hope the court would understand and exercise justice in the process, in order to help this country survive," Mr. Jarupong said.
He added, "Conspirators are welcomed to pass the relay batons to each other. It′s obvious. People are not stupid. It′s all clear what is what."
Asked how the government would respond if the election outcome is ever invalidated by the court, Mr. Jarupong gave no direct answer, but insisted that Pheu Thai Party will obey the rules and laws of the country, "but it does not mean these laws cannot be amended".
He also stressed that the rule of the majority and the rights of the people to vote should be upheld for the sake of peace in the nation.
kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-02-02

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Their goal is to nullify this election," Mr. Jarupong Ruengsuwan told reporters, "So be it ... No matter what the EC is doing, let them do it. It′s all a conspiracy"

Rattling a tin cup on the cell bars.

It's a conspiracy in itself to talk about conspiracies tis it not? Let's not speculate about speculation, or don't be too paranoid about rampant paranoia.

Ahh, the PTP and conspiracies. They go together so well. Everything is a conspiracy according to them.

The EC said that elections would not be manageable on the 2nd of Feb and asked for a delay. The PTP demanded that they by held on the 2nd. If unmanageable it is the EC's fault.

So on the 3rd will the UDD supporters protest not getting paid for their rice, protest the EC or protest the banks for not providing loans?

I am scared to fart in Thailand lest I be blamed by the UDD for noise pollution.

• Like 1

My bet is this election will be discarded for whatever reason they can make up with, then YL will be charged with the rice scheme corruption case before the next election date, ousting her from politics and so on. The question is who's going to take care of governing for the next half year.

• Like 2

I tell you what...the result of this election is going to decide everything.

At the end of the day, let's see how many voted, how many poll stations was blocked and most importantly, who won the majority of votes.

When will the EC start broadcasting the results?

• Like 2

My bet is this election will be discarded for whatever reason they can make up with, then YL will be charged with the rice scheme corruption case before the next election date, ousting her from politics and so on. The question is who's going to take care of governing for the next half year.

Not a chance,... remember one of the Pheu Thai officials yesterday said, elections can be held as many times as they please,...

"Their goal is to nullify this election," Mr. Jarupong Ruengsuwan told reporters, "So be it ... No matter what the EC is doing, let them do it. It′s all a conspiracy"

It's a conspiracy in itself to talk about conspiracies tis it not? Let's not speculate about speculation, or don't be too paranoid about rampant paranoia.

I'm not paranoid. But you all think I am, don't you? Don't you?

It is very clear to me and must also be to Charupong and the rest of the government that the election will be annulled under Section 108 of the constitution.

Section 108 "...and such election day must be the same throughout the Kingdom."

There was never a hope for the results to stand and the government's decision to spend B3.8bn on it when it is too broke to pay B130bn to farmers for rice it has already purchased and has been delivered is extraordinary. It is perfectly fair for the government to argue that this situation has been brought about by disruptions caused by the PDRC but that was already the situation at the time the government attended a meeting with the EC and insisted that the polls should go ahead in the full knowledge they will be annulled, if contested, and a petition was lodged with the Constitutional Court beforehand.

What cannot be blamed on the government's opponents is Yingluck's involvement or failure to prevent the rice pledging scandal. If she is red carded for that and forced to step down from her caretaker role, she and the government will only have themselves to blame.

I agree. But then there will be a fresh election that the Democrats are woefully unlikely to win, again. What would be nice - whichever shade of government is in place the next time around - is if all parties could remember that they are adults and for the good of their country negotiate reforms that are satisfactory for both sides. If this is NOT about which elite has the power (oops! we all know it is) then they will put stability first and the road to civil war will well and truly be closed off.

If the two sides do not do the above, then they are equally to blame for what becomes of their country. My pity will be for the mindless red and yellow drones, but my deepest sympathies for those in between who can't make them see sense. They will be the ones sifting through the ashes wondering at the stupidity of it all.

UDD leader, Ko Tee.

Quoted as saying "I want there to be lots of violence to put an end to all this" and "I'm bored by speeches. It's time to clean the country, to get rid of the elite, all of them."

UDD principle #3 - To promote non-violence as our modus operandi for all activities.

He is supposed to set the example for his supporters as a leader yet he doesn't even adhere to his own principles.

A lot of votes for the PTP will be out of fear.

post-140765-0-34715300-1391317560_thumb.

Edited by djjamie

Another Khaosod winner. One side of the story - period. That's the Khaosod motto. And what a story. Pheu Thai's chairman has accused the EC of a conspiracy. It is an institution empowered by the Constitution Court. Both bodies have been heavily criticized by Pheu Thai, but now we have this blatant accusation. If Khaosod were a legitimate news body, they would ask why. They would ask the chairman what is his proof. Khaosod is the National Enquirer of the journalistic world. And Pheu Thai's latest feeble attempt to ascribe blame to everyone but themselves remains unabated.

This is ironic, as you make no mention of such outlets as Blue Sky and ASTV, which propagandize to the same degree, but for the other side. So, your post does not meet the standards you yourself demand of others.

Although, admittedly, this is not a journalistic report.

UDD leader, Ko Tee.

Quoted as saying "I want there to be lots of violence to put an end to all this" and "I'm bored by speeches. It's time to clean the country, to get rid of the elite, all of them."

UDD principle #3 - To promote non-violence as our modus operandi for all activities.

He is supposed to set the example for his supporters as a leader yet he doesn't even adhere to his own principles.

You were doing fine until your last sentence. The people who voted for the PTP last time will vote for them again (minus the farmers who have suffered from the rice pledging scheme/scam). They didn't do so last time out of fear and they won't this time. Those who are anti-PTP have the perfect excuse not to vote in BKK constituencies. I imagine that were all the polling stations open, the PTP popular vote would be slightly down on last time, given abstentions due to the Dems boycott and political deadlock. However, the PTP would still have a majority of seats.

However, we all know the election results will be annulled anyway, so this is all academic.

UDD leader, Ko Tee.

You were doing fine until your last sentence. The people who voted for the PTP last time will vote for them again (minus the farmers who have suffered from the rice pledging scheme/scam). They didn't do so last time out of fear and they won't this time. Those who are anti-PTP have the perfect excuse not to vote in BKK constituencies. I imagine that were all the polling stations open, the PTP popular vote would be slightly down on last time, given abstentions due to the Dems boycott and political deadlock. However, the PTP would still have a majority of seats.

However, we all know the election results will be annulled anyway, so this is all academic.

It will still be interesting to see what percentage of people voted & what percentage of those votes went to the various parties & the no vote.

I'm not paranoid. But you all think I am, don't you? Don't you?

Don't be so paranoid, Ozmandias

Yes they need to keep YL out of a real government until they can judge her over her part in all the corruption in the rice scam. The moment she forms a government she has immunity (or so i have understood). So postpone this get her out of the picture and watch it all burn.

BANGKOK: -- Chairman of the ruling Pheu Thai Party has asserted that the Election Commission (EC) is conspiring to derail the 2 February election.

"Their goal is to nullify this election," Mr. Jarupong Ruengsuwan told reporters, "So be it ... No matter what the EC is doing, let them do it. It′s all a conspiracy".

Dear Mr. Jarupong, your Pheu Thai party have practically achieved your goal to scare the Election committee to death and cause 50 EC committee to resign and convinced your brainwashed followers to blame the EC some more than you have already made them lose face...

You do it your way, you don't consult anyone, you do it Thaksin-way, you do it Pheu Thai-stubborn way anyway, you're not gonna listen to anyone anyway,... you break the law without further thought and without regards to human lives, you do it YOUR WAY....

Sorry but what are you on about? The 50 EC Directors in Bangkok left under threat from the PDRC NOT the Pheu Thai Party. How would their resignations be of benefit to the Pheu Thai Party or the election process? Again another case of someone 'Red' bashing again with no grounds. I'm truly surprised that no one has yet suggested that Thaksin paid Abhisit to boycott the elections!

Edited by bigbadbarnsy
  • Like 1

Under the laws they wrote to keep her out.... Yinkgluk stays on.

that the Courts moved on her and left Abhisit is widely spread around the globe.

Many now calling for total scrapping of Thai Court and start from fresh. Thailand cannot reform and leave these dinosaurs in place!!!

Your law, and Yingluck stays. I really think they will physically have to right their way into power this time as Sutheps coup and picnic have failed and the Courts Judicial coup is too blatant even for some of their own... and that is saying something.

Can I be the first to say that this next pic of Prayuth shows a distinct lack of zombie whislte blowers. shrieking badly educated middle class BKKians and armed PDRC guards. Wonder why.

PS, your attempt to disguse is as bad as the army in Bangkok dressed up as shruberrys. Ni NI NI

BfcXkmvIAAAiblU.jpg

Your blatant lies are beyond belief. There was widespread internet in 2010 & Abhisit has already made an appearance in court.

And for murder at that!

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app