Betagrow poultry outlets in CM?

jaideeguy

The only shops in CM that I've found that sell the superior Betagrow chickens is Rimping and their prices are quite high. Looking for a cheaper outlet for Betagrow............anyone know of other sources, as most superstores sell the horrible CP brand chickens that are so full of hormone filled fat that I have to remove it before cooking.

thanks in advance

• Like 2

I find that not only the CP (Chemical Product) poultry is of poor quality but the chicken I've bought at Betagrow outlets were unsanitary due to the lack of care in the handling and especially wrapping. Even the best breed bird can be unhealthy if full of pathogens from any part of the farm to table process.

Betagro is a sweet orwellian name. I wonder how the chickens grow beta?? I wonder what they are fed to grow beta and what their lives are like to grow beta?

I would steer clear of a company selling food with a name like that. You have to wonder if the humans who eat their stuff will grow beta too...

So, are there any alternatives to CP and Betagrow??

I've only bought Betagrow poultry from Rimping and it seems fresh and noticably less of that yucky yellow fat under the skin. I have requested frozen birds on the assumption that they receive them frozen and let them thaw in the chiller as CP does, and hope that they were not yesterday's leftover.

Any reports on 'Saha' poultry products and handling??

Thanks Rob.....

are their products frozen?? I think safer frozen than unfrozen as most of the poultry gets frozen from the processing plant and is thawed for the shelves and people sneezing and coughing over the products as they fondle the meat.

Would appreciate a location outside of the traffic mess that CM has become. Any outlets outside the superhiway??

Thanks Rob.....

are their products frozen?? I think safer frozen than unfrozen as most of the poultry gets frozen from the processing plant and is thawed for the shelves and people sneezing and coughing over the products as they fondle the meat.

Would appreciate a location outside of the traffic mess that CM has become. Any outlets outside the superhiway??

Yes they stock frozen, mainly processed/crumbed/battered product ... I've never purchased any. It is only a small shop servicing wholesale/catering outlets AFAIK and fresh product is delivered ex factory around 10am. We've never had a quality problem and parking is easy at K-Bank :)