What is your favourite record of all time?

i claudius

If it is a single song then Madam George by Van Morrison. With honorable mentions to; Vessel in Vain by Smog, Who knows where the time goes by Fairport Convention, Stormy Monday the Little Milton version, Anarchy in the UK by The Sex Pistols

If it is a single song then Madam George by Van Morrison.

Just go for the whole album, Astral Weeks, best record ever made, listen to such classics as Ballerina, Madame George, Cyprus Avenue, Sweet Thing and Astral Weeks.

Been listening to this for more years than I care to remember.

Strange I usually go for punk/blues type of stuff, class always shines through.

Released in 1968 by a 21 year old VM, he has never reached these heights again, no one has, sublime.

Actually it has. Astral Weeks live at the Hollywood Bowl is, IMHO, better than the original. I know I should be burned as a heretic but it really is that good. As a massive fan of the miserable midget I have bought every record he has ever made and, for the last 30 years been disapointed (with a few exceptions) but the new Astral Weeks was his return to glory.

• Like 1

If it is a single song then Madam George by Van Morrison. With honorable mentions to; Vessel in Vain by Smog, Who knows where the time goes by Fairport Convention, Stormy Monday the Little Milton version, Anarchy in the UK by The Sex Pistols

Just go for the whole album, Astral Weeks, best record ever made, listen to such classics as Ballerina, Madame George, Cyprus Avenue, Sweet Thing and Astral Weeks.

Released in 1968 by a 21 year old VM, he has never reached these heights again, no one has, sublime.

Actually it has. Astral Weeks live at the Hollywood Bowl is, IMHO, better than the original. I know I should be burned as a heretic but it really is that good. As a massive fan of the miserable midget I have bought every record he has ever made and, for the last 30 years been disapointed (with a few exceptions) but the new Astral Weeks was his return to glory.

Concur, had forgotten about the live version.

Apparently this was the version he wanted to make originally but finances prevented it being made.

Has that ever been released as a dvd, have watched the you tube clips of this concert, also cant understand why the whole concert wasnt released.

Love the angry midget description. I saw him play in his home town of Belfast a number of years ago. I don't think he said a half a dozen words between songs but he sounded great.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Morrison is one of the finest singers ever and one of the most innovative. But as a man he is pathalogically rude and selfish. My friend was playing bass on one of his tours. At an after gig party he chatted up a woman who, unbeknown to him, Morrison fancied. He left with her and in the morning woke up to find a note had been pushed under his hotel room door. It said," You're fired".

At gigs he never smiles, rarely says a word to the audience and plays for around 75 minutes in total. This is how he treats the people who paid the money to make him a multi-millionaire.

But what a voice!!!!!