Election Over, Result Out By '23 February'

Lite Beer

The only figures that are really interesting in this election are how many percent voted and how many percent voted 'none of the above'. If the combined votes for all parties standing are less than the number of votes not cast, spoiled and negatively cast, then the situation will be identical to that in 2006.

Of course results will slip out long before the 23rd. Different interested parties, such as CMPO above, will try to release figures that support their position and, in contravention of polling laws, try to influence the votes not yet cast.

Thankfully injuries appear pretty much to have been avoided today, so let's hope that all sides do their best to continue in this way.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RT@teamkorn Apparently YL's vote is now invalid, she put her ballot in the wrong box (orange party list ballot goes in other box) pic.twitter.com/T5o3GLUt0I

BfdXLiuCUAE2bKd.jpg

We all knew the PM isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, but this cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Probably put all the rice scam money into the "wrong" account, too. Utter nitwit.

Surely this has to be a fake Photshop pic, as if the PM would not vote properly.

the 2 Feb 2014 snap election was planned and held nationwide. Some provinces and districts could not have their election because of thugs blocking the registration centers and prior to election day prevented the distribution of ballot boxes and papers. Therefore new election date has to be scheduled for these affected places according to the election laws under the constitution.

EC Commissioners should know the law very well. I can't blame them if they don't. After all they are new and under pressure, manipulation and maneuvering of the DEM and it PDRC/PCAD. I hope they learn and be better Commissioners of EC and don't let democracy suffer.

Ec commision is clearly corrupt....

clearly...........as is anyone who opposes Thaksin Shinawatra!!

From the mouth of babes.

RTTulip_Oum: CMPO give out unofficial estimated no. of MP from each parties such as PT would get 265-280 seats, ChatThaiPattana to get 29 seats. #TPBS

I think the PT government has just set the grounds for nullifying their own election .

unofficial estimated

Do you get it jesse, do you get it?

RT@teamkorn Apparently YL's vote is now invalid, she put her ballot in the wrong box (orange party list ballot goes in other box) pic.twitter.com/T5o3GLUt0I

BfdXLiuCUAE2bKd.jpg

We all knew the PM isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, but this cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Another honest mistake. That family has its fair of bad luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Silly woman - once an airhead, always an airhead ... She must have forgotten to call pee chai to ask him how it all works ...

BfdXLiuCUAE2bKd.jpg

Probably put all the rice scam money into the "wrong" account, too. Utter nitwit.

Surely this has to be a fake Photshop pic, as if the PM would not vote properly.

The elections officials told everyone wrong.

Get a close up of the box, all the slips inside are ORANGE and so everyone was told, including YL, to put the wrong slip into the box - else it would not be full of orange slips.

In my opinion of course :)

Plenty of close ups of the box and it being full of Orange slips on the internet.

The only figures that are really interesting in this election are how many percent voted and how many percent voted 'none of the above'. If the combined votes for all parties standing are less than the number of votes not cast, spoiled and negatively cast, then the situation will be identical to that in 2006.

Of course results will slip out long before the 23rd. Different interested parties, such as CMPO above, will try to release figures that support their position and, in contravention of polling laws, try to influence the votes not yet cast.

Thankfully injuries appear pretty much to have been avoided today, so let's hope that all sides do their best to continue in this way.

The numbers are irrelevant to the protesters.

Sent from my phone ...

THAT LONG? What's wrong with tomorrow or at latest Wednesday like proper civilised, democratic countries?

I suppose it gives them time to add a few more voting slips ...

It's a bit hard to give results when not everyone has voted yet.

Sent from my phone ...

• Like 1

RTTulip_Oum: CMPO give out unofficial estimated no. of MP from each parties such as PT would get 265-280 seats, ChatThaiPattana to get 29 seats. #TPBS

I think the PT government has just set the grounds for nullifying their own election .

unofficial estimated

Yeah i get it, it's a clear example of the government trying to influence the voters that weren't able to vote today and will have to vote next week or on 23 February, but most probably not any time in the near future, as manipulating peoples decisions is against the election law and will make the current elections void.

Do you get it ?

Edited by JesseFrank
  • Like 1

BfdXLiuCUAE2bKd.jpg

Another honest mistake. That family has its fair of bad luck.

Silly woman - once an airhead, always an airhead ... She must have forgotten to call pee chai to ask him how it all works ...

Yes thats right silly lady is an air head, bad lady. now go bo bo's good night!

unofficial estimated

Yeah i get it, it's a clear example of the government trying to influence the voters that weren't able to vote today and will have to vote next week or on 23 February, but most probably not any time in the near future, as manipulating peoples decisions is against the election law and will make the current elections void.

Do you get it ?

No jesse, you still don't get it! but good on you for trying.

now have another think about it!

Sent from my phone ...

The numbers are only irrelevant to the protesters in as much as they will continue their protest whatever. But having called on their supporters to boycott the election, it will be very easy for them to claim the support of those abstaining or voting no.

The PDRC have no plans to give up yet. Their demands have never been for an election, but it looks like rice farmers will soon be joining them in Bangkok according to farmer leaders from Nakhon Sawan, Phitsanulok, Petchabun, Pichit, Ang Thong and Ratchaburi.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/category/breakingnews/

in 38 of Bangkok's 6,671 polling stations, people were forcibly prevented from voting by the anti-democratic PDRC. Which means that 6,233 polling stations operated as normal. As did 90% of the rest of the country. Job Done!

Now over to the hopelessly biased judiciary to overturn the will of the people, as they have done before.

• Like 2

90 million voting cards were printed - but only 60 million can actually vote.

Just in case any were hijacked.... Oh that actually happened and the army let it... Noooo, can't be the case.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

unofficial estimated

Do you get it ?

Of course they could be releasing results but saying they're unofficial estimates to try to avoid trouble. I can't understand why they don't take the safe option of shutting up to avoid problems. For some reason they seem hell bent on making things difficult for themselves for no apparent reason.

unofficial estimated

Do you get it ?

That is a very good point. When they allowed that to become public knowledge even if it was an estimate they opened up a whole new line of legal wrangling. It is a good thing the Government has lawyers already on the pay roll. If they didn't and they had to hire some the lawyers after watching the rice fiasco would probably have asked for their money up front.wai.gif

The PDRC have no plans to give up yet. Their demands have never been for an election, but it looks like rice farmers will soon be joining them in Bangkok according to farmer leaders from Nakhon Sawan, Phitsanulok, Petchabun, Pichit, Ang Thong and Ratchaburi.

Add Kanchanaburi to the list. There are some SERIOUSLY p*ssed off farmers here!

Sent from my phone ...

The numbers are only irrelevant to the protesters in as much as they will continue their protest whatever. But having called on their supporters to boycott the election, it will be very easy for them to claim the support of those abstaining or voting no.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/category/breakingnews/

I feel that the numbers could break either side. If there is enough for the PTP it will break the protestors. On the other hand if the PTP don't show a larger support base than they had when the Democrats were running it could break them.

I can't figure out why Suthep wasn't urging the anti government protestors to vote the no vote. It would have saved some violence that really was useless and it would still convey to the government that they were unhappy with the PTP's unwillingness to reform the government.

I bet there was quite a few red shirts that voted the no vote. There is a segment of the red shirts that want Thaksin out of politics. they just haven't the gonads to vote for another party.

The outcome is known. The count is being reverse engineered.

Nope, Thaksin acts and Pheu Thai will just follow through without regards to human rights....

Human rights................hmmmm. Tell me Mr. MaxLee, would you consider preventing a fellow citizen his right to vote an infringement of his human right?

Do you get it ?

Of course they could be releasing results but saying they're unofficial estimates to try to avoid trouble. I can't understand why they don't take the safe option of shutting up to avoid problems. For some reason they seem hell bent on making things difficult for themselves for no apparent reason.

Because a lot of people are waiting anxiously for the results. I don't actually understand why the EC would withhold the results, considering that almost 90% have voted. If everything hangs in the balance of the remaining 10% that hasn't voted, that merely means that the political parties need to intensify their campaigning (or vote buying as the case may be).

But seriously, does anybody REALLY think that the balance 10% votes will have a material significance on what has already been casted?

90 million voting cards were printed - but only 60 million can actually vote.

In every election around the world, excess ballots are printed. This is to accommodate damage or destruction or their failing to arrive at a polling station.

Ballots are numbered and printed in lots and series, allowing for their tracking to a particular polling station. The Thai EC is able to determine if unauthorized ballots are used at a particular polling station. Considering the current climate and with the theft of ballots by protestors, it was prudent to have excess ballots printed.

Edited by geriatrickid

Do you get it ?

Because a lot of people are waiting anxiously for the results. I don't actually understand why the EC would withhold the results, considering that almost 90% have voted. If everything hangs in the balance of the remaining 10% that hasn't voted, that merely means that the political parties need to intensify their campaigning (or vote buying as the case may be).

But seriously, does anybody REALLY think that the balance 10% votes will have a material significance on what has already been casted?

It is illegal to release voting results until all the ballots are cast during the voting period. It is the appropriate policy and common in all democracies. Preliminary results can indeed influence future votes and make a difference in the final result. In plain language early result postings are inappropriate and wrong.

• Like 2

It is illegal to release voting results until all the ballots are cast during the voting period. It is the appropriate policy and common in all democracies. Preliminary results can indeed influence future votes and make a difference in the final result. In plain language early result postings are inappropriate and wrong.

No doubt, I fully agree with the legalities involved.

My point was more flippant, something along the lines of "I'm one up with one to go, I will concede you your 10 foot putt for a half". Jack Nicklaus, a sportsman if ever there was one.

anti-election protesters blocked the election offices and other polling venues.

Just great........here we go again...the Thai people vote for the policies that they want...but the SORE LOSERS don't like those policies and eventually find a way to oust the elected leaders with yet another coup.....then repeat process hoping that one of these years the LOSERS might actually be able to BULLY their candidates to the front of the trough. Meantime pretend that it's all about corruption when in fact it's all about getting YOUR corrupt folks in place and if that requires blocking voting and elections the hell with what the Thai people want..

Thaksin wins, Pheu Thai acts, Yingluck can finally travel to Hawaii,; Corruption continues, rice scheme, mega projects etc will go on and on and on, business as usual, amsnesty bill will soon be alive again,

Story book ending for REDEMOCRACY, see you again next year and the following and the following generations of the future republic of S( C)HINAWATRA

Tell me anywhere in the story line it refers to anything you have stated. You seem to be stuttering in bad English as to your extreme excitement to be the first poster on this topic. Slow down, learn to type and ad comments directly related to the OP.

The story is about election results being announced on the 23rd of February for the reasons listed in the article.

relax your in at number 7...passifier.gif

Not anymore........