Curry in a Hurry

MickeyMaow

My wife and I ate there recently for the first time. I'm sorry to say that it was bland. In fact, my wife and I almost remarked at the same time that the sauce the butter chicken came with tasted like Campbell's tomato soup. The osmosis were also a bit flat and the green dip uninspiring. We are always willing to try a new Indian restaurant, but we will probably be going back to Le Spice.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

My wife and I ate there recently for the first time. I'm sorry to say that it was bland. In fact, my wife and I almost remarked at the same time that the sauce the butter chicken came with tasted like Campbell's tomato soup. The osmosis were also a bit flat and the green dip uninspiring. We are always willing to try a new Indian restaurant, but we will probably be going back to Le Spice.

I quit going to le spice a few years ago as I found the check was never right. Always to their favor and trying to go over it with them was useless.

The other day the wife talked me into going back as there would probably be a new waitress. I had figured that out a year ago but still didn't go. So I went back a couple of days ago and the food was still good and the service was much better. It was like they were glad to see me.

So I will give them a thumbs up. Can't say if they are real Indian as there is such a big difference in Indian food when you are in India. I just know I like it.

• Like 1

Correction on my post, the spell checker changed 'somosas' to 'osmosis'. My wife is on the floor howling with laughter right now.

Yes, Spell Checker along with BING "Translations" can be a right regular pain in the butt.

PS: Thanks for the "heads up" or should it be, "thumbs down" on the new Indian place.

Edited by Torrens54

I quit going to le spice a few years ago as I found the check was never right. Always to their favor and trying to go over it with them was useless.

The other day the wife talked me into going back as there would probably be a new waitress. I had figured that out a year ago but still didn't go. So I went back a couple of days ago and the food was still good and the service was much better. It was like they were glad to see me.

So I will give them a thumbs up. Can't say if they are real Indian as there is such a big difference in Indian food when you are in India. I just know I like it.

We stopped going to Le Spice for the very same reason (we also left Thailand for a few years) but my wife who is Thai, became very annoyed about the frequent "mistakes in their favour" on the Check Bin. But we'll now give it another try. By the way, back then in 2006/7 the Chef (Cook?) was from Bangladesh.

where is le spice? back in town at the end of the month might give it a look

Basically it is in the night bazaar. If you have your back to the Burger King turn right go to the next street about 100 meters and turn right you can't miss it. About 50m meters up on the right.

On a side note the last time I was in the Burger King I saw a sign saying they were selling beer.

• Like 1