Khon Kaen and Employment

racyrick

KK is a great city , i moved out of Phuket and never looked back now its a holiday destination for me ... Isaan has it all , KK is a major university city and Udon is one hour away by car with many towns between , your age is a bonus when it comes to teaching english , so i think the Teaching idea is absolutely the best idea, go for it mate .... dont give up ... with both of you working things will be fine ... funny, i correct my daughters english homework to make sure she is learning , never fails to have some problems , so we get a back and forth from the teacher , guess what ?? i got offered a teaching job lol ... english only , easy hours , but not for me at this point ..its a privately run school which u will see many in Isaan ...

Swissie .... why do u bother ? u troll forums making negative comments , we all know you got shafted but wont admit to it ... if you bother to read all the posts, you will see that his Thai family situation has been addressed !!! F#@tard ...

I make no negative comments, I only make comments related to "real-life" concerning life and legality of Farangs living in Thailand. "Farang-Dreamers" in the early stages may not welcome such comments.

No. I myself have not been "shafted", but about 15 of my "Farang-Buddies" have been "shafted" over a period of 12 years.

I rest my case.

Cheers

your comment had nothing to do with the OP post , like i said if you read the whole topic then you may understand , you must have some choice buddies i see they took your advice , i guess if you stay alone because you could not find anyone miserable enough to live with you ... Swissie i have an idea , change your user name to the Grim Reaper it suits .... i get such a buzz from guys like the OP , he loves his family and tells the world ...perhaps your negative posts stem from jealousy , a Katoey broke your heart ?..( well you are Swiss i imagine) ... anyway go back to the Pattaya forum ...

I fully agree with you cdmtdm.

swissie has proved himself an ignorant troll on other posts and TV would be better off without them which contribute nothing positive whatsoever. I think he has a big chip on his shoulder about something.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone that leaves Phuket willingly for KK either is bored of life, or, is under the thumb of their KK wife (IMHO).

I normally respect your views...............................but that is clap trap. I left Phuket as it became too full of idiotic farangs (them that always know better). Moved to KK Isaan, enjoy it.

Different Different

ps - I am definitely not under the thumb

Edited by terak

ps - I am definitely not under the thumb

Well, no one ever admits to it, do they?

Been to KK at least twenty times. Boring, dusty, and a typically ugly-looking Thai town.

I believe the only redeeming feature is the golf course...........and I don't play golf.

Anyway, there's no denying it's cheaper to live there, so, probably a good move for the OP.

At least he has a valid reason.

• Like 1

KB,it depends what u want out of life for your family , the OP has done it out of necessity , i did it because Phuket is not what it was 6 years ago, raising a young family in Phuket was not an option , we go for holidays as i still have a beach house there but two weeks is enough ..each to their own ... to get back on track the Op post has nothing to do with being under the thumb ( if u read the post) enjoys the bars ciao

Most TEFL courses are on-lime so I do not understand your comment about having no money or income when you are studying. I do accept cash is needed to commence a course.

I think an option might be at a university lecturing in business English as you have relevant experience. TEFL would still be needed but no degree.

I wish you well!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Just to update some newer replies-

somo-thanks for the kind words

cdmtdm-comments to swissie made me laugh and your reply to kb was right on-thanks

karenbravo-as cdmtdm said in his reply, I am not leaving Phuket willingly, I would love to stay here despite all it's faults, but if you read my op, you would see why. By the way, my wife would love to stay in Phuket as well, she also has no thumbs ;)

dilligad- what I meant was while I was taking the course, I would have no income and would not have an income until I get a job, so I would have to rely on wrestling some money somehow or somewhere to make it through until I get employed

Still trying everyday very hard to find a job here and pursuing anything and everything, but my clock is ticking

Thanks again everybody, you really have made me feel a little better, breathe easier and helped reduce my anxiety, but truthfully, I am still scared and nervous as hell

• Like 1

First visited Phuket in 1974. Not a hotel in sight and stayed as guest of a lovely Thai couple for 3 weeks. Absolute paradise.

Visited again in 2006 - absolute nightmare!

I've only been in the airport in transit and that was a bloody nightmare.

First visited Phuket in 1974. Not a hotel in sight and stayed as guest of a lovely Thai couple for 3 weeks. Absolute paradise.

Visited again in 2006 - absolute nightmare!

I've only been in the airport in transit and that was a bloody nightmare.

Visited Phuket 2000, 2004, 2006, 2008 and 2014. Every time was a nightmare. Only reason I go back is because some bloody Thai friend drags me there because they haven't seen it yet, and want someone to go with. Only went as a duty, and strictly a duty it was.

Racyrick

Dont know about employment in kk, but why not do the trips to laos (30 days on return on US passport) then extend for 60 days at immigration. Do that 6 times and you will be old enough for Soc. Sec. 35$ and 50 baht to laos. 1900 baht for extension. No one askes anything about bank accounts. Hopefully ss will be 40k baht a month.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app