Pheu Thai Party predicts winning 300 seats in yesterday's polls

webfact

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One thing that is very clear already based on the numbers released by the EC . . . Pheu Thai do NOT enjoy the support of the "majority" of people in Thailand.

Does any party in the democratic world enjoy the support of the "majority" of the people? USA? UK? Germany? France? Australia?

• Like 1

Another Thai news source has reported that the unofficial turnout yesterday was just 45.8%, which will no doubt lead some to conclude that at least 54.2% of eligible voters have rejected Pheu Thai.

Majority rule anyone?

So what's your solution, have no government since the majority didn't vote? Or relinquish government to mob rule and the undemocratic Suthep?

What Phua Thai ought to have done is pay smaller parties to run against them in the election to give the facade of a normal election and tick the legal boxes concerning legitimate wins. But then they could not stoop so low I'm sure.

• Like 2

Democrat Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva described yesterday's snap polls as useless, saying it was a regret that caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra wasted Bt3 billion for the nationwide election which fails to reach any resolution and creates more conflict in the country.

He said the Democrat Party will lodge a petition with the Constitution Court tomorrow to seek legal action against the caretaker prime minister and the government for violating the Constitution in their decision to hold the general election.

The party will also petition the National Anti-Corruption Commission to remove and take criminal action against the caretaker government, he said.

The Democrat leader said the caretaker prime minister and the government are obliged to find resolutions to the country now that they decided to go ahead with the trouble-plagued election

Abhisit has got a bloody cheek! He and his cronies created the conditions for the 'trouble plagued election' and then blames the government for wasting money!

Sadly though he will probably get his way as the hopelessly biased judiciary will have to mop up for the Democrats/Ruling Elite after the failed demonstrations - just as they did in 2008.

The Government DID NOT have to have the election on 2nd February they could have held off for more discussions. They knew what would happen. They got warned many times by many different people AND YET DECIDED to go ahead.. similar to the catastrophic rice pledging scheme.

I also wished it did not happen. I wanted them to complete full term. They deserved a chance, because they were popularly and democratically elected. Since the DEM and its PDRC/PCAD accused the government of losing the support of the people and legitimacy, the only recourse is to return power to the people and seek for a new mandate. However, when that happened, the dem boycotted it or rather chickened out. They are coward. They are afraid of the mandate of the people.

It does not matter to me which party get to form the government this round. I know democracy prevailed even with the violence associated with intimidation, threat and blockage by anti-election thugs. The scare monger of EC and acted so timidly to the intimidation and threat of anti-election thugs.

Edited by icommunity
  • Like 2

Of course they win, as they practically elect themselves... and that means there will be a NEW election committee with Pheu Thai only members to ensure there'll be no more resistance in the Thaksinomics-system

They were at least 50 other parties contesting.

Really???? Who????!!!! I've never hear about those bozos... cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif Edited by MaxLee

That will give them a clear majority and a return to power. Guess Suthep may have been wrong when he stated the majority supported him.

It is not sooo hard to win a majority if you run the elections without opposition.....The leader in North Korea also got reelected every couple of years. Honecker also won every election.

You can only blame the Democrats and Suthep for that and the parties that actually fielded candidates.

"Woo hoo, let the good times roll !!! Let's get that 2.2 trillion baht " transportation " bill fired back

up to refill the feeding trough so pockets can be properly filled. Guess we will have to wait a bit

on the amnesty bill, that sure seemed to get a lot of people angry. And also need to get those

25,000 people facing corruption charges off the hook, cannot afford to lose supporters of the PTP..."

• Like 2

"Pheu Thai's election director, said the predicted 240 seats, plus or minus 10 seats, were from candidates' observations actions at polling stations.

The 240 seats are from constituency elections handouts, with an additional 60 seats from party-list balloting distortions, he said.

He said Pheu Thai candidates were instructed not to hold thank-you processions hand out the 500baht payments to voters until the elections results are officially announced."

Edited for clarity.

-m.

That will give them a clear majority and a return to power. Guess Suthep may have been wrong when he stated the majority supported him.

It is not sooo hard to win a majority if you run the elections without opposition.....The leader in North Korea also got reelected every couple of years. Honecker also won every election.

Saddam used to get 100 per cent of the vote with no opposition and Mugabe has been known to get more than 100 per cent of the vote in some areas whistling.gif and that's in a democracy just like Thailand. Of course the party boss in Zimbabwe is a very rich and powerful man...erm.... just like Thailand.

What Phua Thai ought to have done is pay smaller parties to run against them in the election to give the facade of a normal election and tick the legal boxes concerning legitimate wins. But then they could not stoop so low I'm sure.

Some cynical people might even suggest that is exactly what they have done.

Of course they win, as they practically elect themselves... and that means there will be a NEW election committee with Pheu Thai only members to ensure there'll be no more resistance in the Thaksinomics-system

Really???? Who????!!!! I've never hear about those bozos... cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

If you find out the truth, you will be crying, not laughing.

• Like 1

To add to the historic debacle of yesterday's election, Pheu Thai is now announcing they've won a landslide of 300 seats ! Clearly for international consumption and the highly impressionable, it bears no relationship to anything in Newtonian physics. We presently have a parliament of 387 MPs, and that is only under the assumption that they all pass the test of election infraction charges. Even given that Pheu Thai has not been on speaking terms with reality for some time, today's proclamation will nonetheless probably do nothing to calm Thaksin's digestive capabilities tonight. And considering the fact that large swaths of the country were cast in electoral darkness just makes the announcement profoundly tasteless to say the very least. Yet Pheu Thai is not if not flexible. Just yesterday they " ordered " the EC to produce another election in seven days. Now, Chalerm seems to be content with one in 180 days, likely revelling in the fancy that they can exercise the power of parliament without an actual parliament. Well dream on. Whether Pheu Thai realizes or not, things are now profoundly different.

"Woo hoo, let the good times roll !!! Let's get that 2.2 trillion baht " transportation " bill fired back

up to refill the feeding trough so pockets can be properly filled. Guess we will have to wait a bit

on the amnesty bill, that sure seemed to get a lot of people angry. And also need to get those

25,000 people facing corruption charges off the hook, cannot afford to lose supporters of the PTP..."

I am looking forward to All the rice being sold within 3 months-----within 1 year double track high speed trains--the other 70% of notebooks being given out to the waiting school kids---all river banks to be raised 3 meters-- police shake up-all money's given to the crown---no Phuket-Samui scams----Yingluck to attend all parliamentary sittings.---Only 1 deputy prime minister---and so on----- god I just woke up.

Easy to rack up a high score when there is no other major political party such as the Democrats contesting.

The dems decided to refrain from the election when they had possibly their best chance in years and now they cry poor meeeeee! Put your policies on the table and stop trying to buy the courts. Let the people vote you in Abi, oh we forgot that your standing trial for murder and even the average THAI don't like that. Time for you to quit and someone else take charge. Sounds like someone needs a frontal lobotomy and I have already had mine ;)

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Really???? Who????!!!! I've never hear about those bozos... cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Your awareness is impressive and lends credence, understanding and knowledge to your posts concerning the Machiavalian nature of Thai politics.

Long may we endure your erudition.

• Like 1

I predict they won't get anywhere near the 250-300 seats they are hoping for. Wait and see.

Tatsugin we're living in Thailand. Of course they will and that is the first piece of common sense that may have beaten yours. ;) Admire your thoughtful posts though... Cricknut

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

It's funny how naive farangs were cheering the Dems boycotting the election, then supporting the yellow thugs in blocking the poll stations, ... and now complain that PT had no opposition in the same election laugh.png

If the Dems did not want the PT to win, they obviously used the wrong tactic rolleyes.gif

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Funny how some posters got notions that the government were not corrupt. and everything is hunky dory. Shame you few have to be different from the norm.

But it could be that majority of farrangs are misguided.

Easy to rack up a high score when there is no other major political party such as the Democrats contesting.

And whose fault is that..??

If ''the people'' were as against this govt as Suthep claims, then they had the option to submit a ''No Vote'' or simply vote for another party. If enough of ''the people'' were against this govt then they wouldn't even get near an overall majority.

False claims from ''He who stops Bangkok'' or just pore voting..??

Puea Thai wins more seats than in the last election. That clearly shows that the majority of Thais do not support the lunatic Suthep.

The votes are not in yet............................ Also as a 3 horse race..what do you expect?

ps: And 2 of those horses are lame.. CTP and BJT

It's funny how naive farangs were cheering the Dems boycotting the election, then supporting the yellow thugs in blocking the poll stations, ... and now complain that PT had no opposition in the same election laugh.png

If the Dems did not want the PT to win, they obviously used the wrong tactic rolleyes.gif

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Funny how some posters got notions that the government were not corrupt. and everything is hunky dory. Shame you few have to be different from the norm.

But it could be that majority of farrangs are misguided.

Not misguided at all my friend. Some of us actually have a handle on the system in Thailand and have done for many years.

Do you honestly believe that things would be any better under a Democrat government..??

Now who's being misguided..??

• Like 1

Puea Thai wins more seats than in the last election. That clearly shows that the majority of Thais do not support the lunatic Suthep.

The votes are not in yet............................ Also as a 3 horse race..what do you expect?

ps: And 2 of those horses are lame.. CTP and BJT

Not Puea Thai's fault is it? Yingluck told Abhisit and the Democrats to participate in the elections but they refused. No right to complain if you dont participate.