Pheu Thai Party predicts winning 300 seats in yesterday's polls

webfact

Welcome to the democracy help line.

To type Fascist press F!

For any other opinion, please hold the line, and one of our staff will be with you shortly to tell you what your opinion is, or should be.

Thank you for holding, your call is important to him,.... sorry, us.

Edited by Thaddeus
  • Like 1

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Other PTP predictions;

• PTP predicts it will enjoy a landslide victory in Bangkok in 2011 (lost)
  • PTP predicts Thaksin's return to Thailand in 3 months. August 13th, 2009. (didn't happen)
  • PTP predicts rice scheme will be huge success (no comment needed)
  • PTP predicts that over 80% will turn out to vote in 2014 (48% "unofficially" turned out)

Pheu Thai has managed the crisis adeptly and with aplomb. Ad hominem attacks against Surapon don't change the fact either.

The broad scope of the amnesty bill would have accomplished much to reconcile Thai society. The government was willing to seek that broader reconciliation even at the cost of losing some of its supporters who were victimized by violence.

The government misjudged the extent and anger of the middle class and their manipulative elite superordinates to Thaksin's having been included. It's just past time the middle class and their higher ups got over themselves by accepting the broad and inclusive amnesty that would provide the reconciliation Thailand desperately needs. It's the only way to return to the road of peace and prosperity.

amnesty bill would have helped to reconcile the country...im sorry but what were the original protests about...seems so long ago ive forgotten...as have you sir...facepalm.gif

Neither you nor I have forgot and you know it.

Demonstrators of the middle class took to the streets solely to successfully reverse the government's amnesty bill, killed it. Then they went home.

Out onto the street came a hastily organized fascist mob led by a raving madman vowing to overthrow the government in an insurrection that would establish an anonymous People's Council with a still secret agenda.

For a brief few days there was some overlap in the streets between the two very different groups each of which had a radically different agenda.

The middle class demonstrators went home, and now so have Suthep's fascist insurrectionist mob.

No one has forgot what happened or how it happened. Even Jason Bourne remembers.

Demonstrators of the middle class took to the streets solely to successfully reverse the government's amnesty bill, killed it. Then they went home.

I think you forget an important detail. The protesters weren't able to kill the amnesty bill, because YL quickly sent it for Royal approval, so even today the bill is still alive and kicking.

After she had sent the bill for Royal approval there was only one way to kill it, and that wasn't with lies and lame excuses, but to step down.

Even Jason Bourne knows why she clings to power.

Amnesty bill is dead in all but name, there is no way it will be revived and pushed though, the outcry was too much the first time it would be even louder the second. It has no chance,of course there will be the tin foil hatters making noises about until the deadline has passed but just take a moment and consider the implications and trouble it would bring and you'll realise it really isnt worth being worried about and certainly not worth claiming will happen.

Pheu Thai has managed the crisis adeptly and with aplomb. Ad hominem attacks against Surapon don't change the fact either.

The broad scope of the amnesty bill would have accomplished much to reconcile Thai society. The government was willing to seek that broader reconciliation even at the cost of losing some of its supporters who were victimized by violence.

The government misjudged the extent and anger of the middle class and their manipulative elite superordinates to Thaksin's having been included. It's just past time the middle class and their higher ups got over themselves by accepting the broad and inclusive amnesty that would provide the reconciliation Thailand desperately needs. It's the only way to return to the road of peace and prosperity.

amnesty bill would have helped to reconcile the country...im sorry but what were the original protests about...seems so long ago ive forgotten...as have you sir...facepalm.gif

Out onto the street came a hastily organized fascist mob led by a raving madman vowing to overthrow the government in an insurrection that would establish an anonymous People's Council with a still secret agenda.

For a brief few days there was some overlap in the streets between the two very different groups each of which had a radically different agenda.

The middle class demonstrators went home, and now so have Suthep's fascist insurrectionist mob.

No one has forgot what happened or how it happened. Even Jason Bourne remembers.

I think you forget an important detail. The protesters weren't able to kill the amnesty bill, because YL quickly sent it for Royal approval, so even today the bill is still alive and kicking.

After she had sent the bill for Royal approval there was only one way to kill it, and that wasn't with lies and lame excuses, but to step down.

Turned out Jason and Pam were always on the same side. Nancy Parsons (Julia Styles) was another important ally.

Amnesty bill is dead in all but name, there is no way it will be revived and pushed though, the outcry was too much the first time it would be even louder the second. It has no chance,of course there will be the tin foil hatters making noises about until the deadline has passed but just take a moment and consider the implications and trouble it would bring and you'll realise it really isnt worth being worried about and certainly not worth claiming will happen.

When the bill returns to the lower house, on the 10th of May that is I think, it doesn't need any readings . It can be approved within minutes and without anyone being aware of it.

Once that has happened there is no way of turning back the clock, PT can be dissolved and the whole government be banned for 5 years, but that is the least of Thaksins worries because the amnesty can not be invalidated anymore.

46 Billion Baht is the game.

Edit to add : I forgot the interests on those 46 billion Baht.

Would you lie that you see black for that kind of money ? For sure I would.

Edited by JesseFrank

The same could be said about the tin foil hatters that claim that Suthep will never allow elections again "once he gets power".

Sent from my phone ...

When the bill returns to the lower house, on the 10th of May that is I think, it doesn't need any readings . It can be approved within minutes and without anyone being aware of it.

Once that has happened there is no way of turning back the clock, PT can be dissolved and the whole government be banned for 5 years, but that is the least of Thaksins worries because the amnesty can not be invalidated anymore.

I understand that jesse i just dont think itll happen or is even slightly likely to however much people fear it will, I do not see things as desperate or PT that suicidal.

It's funny how naive farangs were cheering the Dems boycotting the election, then supporting the yellow thugs in blocking the poll stations, ... and now complain that PT had no opposition in the same election laugh.png

If the Dems did not want the PT to win, they obviously used the wrong tactic rolleyes.gif

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Funny how some posters got notions that the government were not corrupt. and everything is hunky dory. Shame you few have to be different from the norm.

But it could be that majority of farrangs are misguided.

First: "the government is not corrupt" or "the government was not corrupt". Back to English class for you.

Actually a great many farangs are aware that the government has always been corrupt. Suthep was so corrupt in parliament he caused the fall of the 1995 government (http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/11/27/us-thailand-protest-suthep-idUSBRE9AQ0EI20131127). However then, as now, big-shots were not charged with corruption unless even more influential big-shots, a military junta in Thaksin's case, needed a fall guy to cover up their own misdeeds.

Back to the classroom for you, and stay there, the most hateful/clever clogs people on TVF are your type, without google what is the highest mountain in Russia ? don't try to be too clever,

Ok, you didn't like my comment on your English abilities. Can you dispute what I wrote on corruption?

• Like 1

I understand that jesse i just dont think itll happen or is even slightly likely to however much people fear it will, I do not see things as desperate or PT that suicidal.

PT is just a name that Thaksins pulls out of his magic hat. Keep in mind that recently 101 of his old TRT friends have finished their ban, so after PT is dissolved it takes only signing a few documents to have a new party with his cronies.

Now that the election has passed there's very little more to be said on the whole subject. The coup failed. The Big Bangkok Shutdown failed. The attempt to stop the election failed. The election went ahead with a minimum of disruption and we know beyond reasonable doubt who the next government of Thailand will be. The by-elections will not alter the big picture.

It's all over for the Democrats and any further discussion at this point is just so much hot air. Game over.

I rest my case that facts mean nothing to the UDD supporters.

The point is that you made up a statement to try and justify a false claim (PT lying).

My post does not claim any victory for any side. I do not make any claim without being in full possession of the facts.

Oh ok then! You said in another post.

"Maybe if you didn't laugh so much, and therefore did not have tears in your eys (sic), you might have read that the EC has said it is allowable for individual districts to announce their results."

which i presume you got from here:

"In the meantime, no preliminary result of 2 February election will be announced, said Mr. Banchong Sukdee, deputy Permanent Secretary of the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA).

"The result will have to wait until the election is fully completed," Mr. Banchong explained, "Otherwise it would mislead the public".
According to Mr. Banchong, individual polling stations can count their votes and announce the result in front of the venue for the public to observe, but officials are not allowed to transfer these results to the Election Commission."
If i'm wrong about your full possession of the facts, then i apologize.. please post link . thanks
ps: as i cannot find the original re: a Phua thai person stating only a minority were effected.. i take it back.. still doesn't stop the fact that it was only a small amount affected though..does it?

Finally!! Yes, we agree that it was only a small amount of constituencies in Thailand that was affected. Thanks for switching sides smile.png

Other PTP predictions;

• PTP predicts it will enjoy a landslide victory in Bangkok in 2011 (lost)
  • PTP predicts Thaksin's return to Thailand in 3 months. August 13th, 2009. (didn't happen)
  • PTP predicts rice scheme will be huge success (no comment needed)
  • PTP predicts that over 80% will turn out to vote in 2014 (48% "unofficially" turned out)

Never a word more truly spoken.

I refer once again to Khun Channil's open letter. The amnesty bill would have been the first step towards reconciling all the powers that be. There were benefits for both sides. Sometimes, one needs to take one step backwards in order to move two steps forward.

Nice one. The PTP also said the rice scheme was a complete success and the policy will reap economic gains equal to three times the programme's cost. It has done the opposite and has cost the country dearly. The PTP blame the EC and the banks.

The PTP said the reconciliation bill would bridge gaps and promote forgiveness. It has done the opposite. It is the only reconciliation bill in history that had the potential of causing a civil war with opposition and PTP supporter alike out on the streets protesting it…..and you blame the opposition for the PTP trying to get the PM's brother off corruption charges and home a free man at the behest of a peaceful Thailand. I won't even mention the irony of the PTP's 2014 election promise and previous "fights on corruption" while at the very same time trying to give amnesty to dozens of corrupt MP's. So what is the PTP stance on corruption? Amnesty for corruption or fighting corruption? Seems the PTP can't really decide.

I hope the PTP declare civil war. Going by PTP policy trends the opposite will happen and Thailand will be the most peaceful country on earth!

The caretaker PM can't even vote without f*cking it up.

To even suggest the amnesty bill was a step towards reconciliation after looking at the Thai political landscape over the last 4 months not only highlights a complete lack of understanding of what is going on, but also shows that the most successful ministry of the PTP is the ministry of propaganda. It is not me suggesting the amnesty was not successful. I am only looking at facts. You know facts right? The PTP's kryptonite.

PTP got out its blue kyryptonite to use on Ultraman Suthep which is why the madman of Gotham has become the incredible shrinking pulp of fiction. You missed all of that in your predictions.

You people have rice on the brain which is why I stay away from your sticky stuff about it. Many posters have discussed at length and in detail the DP's illicit and corrupt schemes in this regard and have discussed the rice program sufficiently. You should speak more about Ultraman's crashing of the DP government in 1995 due to his incredibly astounding land and property scam.

I reiterate that representatives of the Thai bourgeoise took to the streets en masse to stop the amnesty legislation, then went home. Amnesty remains such a hot topic that the right wing continue to try to exploit it with the speculation that it supposedly is still alive and lurking like the Joker down the road, which it certainly is not. Yingluck and PTP at this point are once burned, twice shy on this hot issue.

Indeed, Ultramadman and his backers have done what few Thais ever have, which is to alarm and turn against them every respectable democratic government on either side of the International Date Line, to include up to 1million tourists this month alone.

• Like 2

Turned out Jason and Pam were always on the same side. Nancy Parsons (Julia Styles) was another important ally.

I don't really get the gist of your comment but i think you try to be funny, which clearly fails, so let me remind you that this isn't the farang pub - fun forum.

You should speak more about Ultraman's crashing of the DP government in 1995 due to his incredibly astounding land and property scam.

I agree with you that Suthep isn't clean, far from actually, but did you notice that 2 years after the democrats were voted out in 1995, they were voted back in to clean up the mess Chavalit had left during his reign of destruction. In fact, two governments had passed the trough revue in those 2 years.

Did you also notice that from 1992 till 2011 the democrat party was the only one who each time could stay in power for more than 1 year, actually 3 years each time, while all those populist governments could stay only 1 year at the time before they had to change name.

I'm sure there is a valid reason for that, but I'm also sure that you're not gonna recognize the reason .

I don't really get the gist of your comment but i think you try to be funny, which clearly fails, so let me remind you that this isn't the farang pub - fun forum.

You miss entirely that I'm being dry, perhaps trying wry too, with some sarcasm or even irony, given that I make no claims of being a comedian and I'm of course well aware this is not a pub.

Seeing it all suddenly evaporate in game over is a harsh reality so I can understand a bit of crankiness on the other side. I would suggest however that you nurse your beer until the judicial coup then take cover.

Edited to add in response to your post I just now read that if I recall correctly TRT was the first party in government to complete a full term and then win the successor election (before Sondhi and Co, meaning the Army, checked Dr T out while he was at the UN in NYC), a period of time from 2001 into 2005, which would well surpass your three year time frame as you present it. If I'm correct you would have really fallen on your face on this obvious point of Thai history, recent history at that. I'd welcome a confirmation of this if I am in fact correct.

And Chavalit was just another hack PM who capped decades of hack PMs among the musical chairs of the Thai elites and the military and their coups.

Edited by Publicus

That will give them a clear majority and a return to power. Guess Suthep may have been wrong when he stated the majority supported him.

It is not sooo hard to win a majority if you run the elections without opposition.....The leader in North Korea also got reelected every couple of years. Honecker also won every election.

It would not even be hard to win elections with opposition as they won all elections the last 5 times.... if your lover-boy Suthep would not be so greedy , there could have bin an opposition, but that's not what he wants, he wants full power and dictatorship, and after the first time, become exactly as you described, reelected as his big and terrible example in North Korea.....

• Like 1

Whatever happens in 6 mths or so the gambit of Suthep and his band of merry men is done, its entirely possible to have made a serious point had the dems run in the elections or had suthep just gone for talks after the amnesty bill was squashed, even upto the point of the election suthep could and should have urged everyone to go vote no.... but no. hes completely out on his own limb now and just flogging a dead horse..

We see more hurt by PDRC yesterday at the bridge and hes losing it day by day now.... the current threat of his and elite backing is pretty much over apart from the judicial coup attempt.... i am hoping Suthep plays it smart and goes back to the south, retires and writes his memoirs.. somehow i dont think he will though.

• Like 1

You should speak more about Ultraman's crashing of the DP government in 1995 due to his incredibly astounding land and property scam.

I agree with you that Suthep isn't clean, far from actually, but did you notice that 2 years after the democrats were voted out in 1995, they were voted back in to clean up the mess Chavalit had left during his reign of destruction. In fact, two governments had passed the trough revue in those 2 years.

Did you also notice that from 1992 till 2011 the democrat party was the only one who each time could stay in power for more than 1 year, actually 3 years each time, while all those populist governments could stay only 1 year at the time before they had to change name.

I'm sure there is a valid reason for that, but I'm also sure that you're not gonna recognize the reason .

Thaksin was in power from 2001 until he was deposed in a military coup in 2006. I'm not sure if there were party name changes during this time, and don't see how it's relevant.

How many times since 1992 were the misnamed democrats in power through a democratic election?

Most important, what's your point? All of the parties are corrupt, as is the military which likes to stage the occasional coup. I'm not defending any of them, I just think the Thai people should have the right to elect the government of their choice. If they elect bad governments they will have a chance to elect a better one at the next election. Given enough time without mob rule and military coups, the democracy will mature into something more stable.

Regarding your "valid reason", the only one I can think of is that the traditional elite still has considerable influence and will do whatever it takes, including undermining democracy, to maintain their hold on power.

• Like 1

Seeing it all suddenly evaporate in game over is a harsh reality so I can understand a bit of crankiness on the other side.

Game over ? Haha haha hahahahaha., now I agree that you're funny.

Try to pull that one again in 6 months or so .

The coming judicial coup, yes, yet another one.

As I said, after you guys have finished your cheering of the dastardly event take cover.

Seeing it all suddenly evaporate in game over is a harsh reality so I can understand a bit of crankiness on the other side.

Game over ? Haha haha hahahahaha., now I agree that you're funny.

Try to pull that one again in 6 months or so .

The coming judicial coup, yes, yet another one.

As I said, after you guys have finished your cheering of the dastardly event take cover.

Judicial coup? Would that be incarcerating the criminals that ran the rice scam, or ordering a new election?

PTP's own estimate is that they received around 10 million votes on Sunday - hardly an overwhelming mandate, is it?

Mr. Abhisit says that it's too bad that Ms. Yingluck "wasted" 3 billion on an election that doesn't matter. But it's more of a shame that Mr. Abhisit, a former PM, didn't campaign fervently for the reform issues that he can clearly articulate. Instead, he threw in the towel on a democratic election, and failed the Thai people again. Mr. Abhisit is certainly very far from being a legitimate leader in Thailand.

• Like 1

Mr. Abhisit says that it's too bad that Ms. Yingluck "wasted" 3 billion on an election that doesn't matter. But it's more of a shame that Mr. Abhisit, a former PM, didn't campaign fervently for the reform issues that he can clearly articulate. Instead, he threw in the towel on a democratic election, and failed the Thai people again. Mr. Abhisit is certainly very far from being a legitimate leader in Thailand.

Why are you talking about Abhisit not being a legitimate leader; he didn't run. What about the leader that ran and couldn't get 10 million votes running virtually unopposed?

I want Abhisit to return to Oxford to openly debate his actions the past several months in Thailand. I want to see the creep get pummeled by the Oxford debaters for abandoning democracy and supporting fascism in Thailand. AV once impressed both Thai and a good number of fahlang here as having a lot of promise to change Thailand, and change it he has done - trying to morph the former LOS into a fascist state. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. So once is enough from you AV and never again will you fool anyone.

Why are you talking about Abhisit not being a legitimate leader; he didn't run. What about the leader that ran and couldn't get 10 million votes running virtually unopposed?

The Bangkok University scientific survey of all eligible voters of Thailand two or so weeks ago found that upward of 80% wanted to vote but that something like 45% said they might not vote due to fear of violence at the polling stations. Well violence is what the Thai voters got, on two successive Sundays with a lot before then and in between, and it certainly wasn't RS violence, of which we have seen very little to include in Bangkok.

When half the electorate won't go to the polls to vote because they fear fascist thug violence, there's not going to be that many people voting. If you don't know or unable to recognize the fact, you'd be flat out sub-intelligent.

As in astoundingly stupid.

Edited by Publicus
  • Like 1

The Bangkok University scientific survey of all eligible voters of Thailand two or so weeks ago found that upward of 80% wanted to vote but that something like 45% said they might not vote due to fear of violence at the polling stations. Well violence is what the Thai voters got, on two successive Sundays with a lot before then and in between, and it certainly wasn't RS violence, of which we have seen very little to include in Bangkok.

When half the electorate won't go to the polls to vote because they fear fascist thug violence, there's not going to be that many people voting. If you don't know or unable to recognize the fact, you'd be flat out sub-intelligent.

As in astoundingly stupid.

Udon, Ubon, and Chiang Mai recorded 55% voter turnout. Surin 50%. Even someone astoundingly stupid can realise that the BKK protesters would not be attempting to close polling stations in those areas.

Coupled with the low turnout is a very high NO vote, resulting in PTP estimating their own total to be ~10 million votes in an election with no real opposition. Should that give them a mandate to govern with 300+ seats?

• Like 2

AFTER ELECTION
Pheu Thai stands to win about 300 seats: source

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Pheu Thai Party is expected to win at least 300 MP seats even though each candidate has won fewer votes than in the past, a party source, who asked to be named, said.

The source added that Sompong Amornvivat, director of the party's election centre, had said in a meeting that judging from an evaluation of the vote results, Pheu Thai should get about 240 constituency MP seats and about 60 party-list ones.

However, the vote results released so far show that more voters opted for "no vote", making many of the party's winning candidates get just over 20,000 votes per constituency versus the more than 40,000 votes they have done previously.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-02-04

However, the vote results released so far show that more voters opted for "no vote", making many of the party's winning candidates get just over 20,000 votes per constituency versus the more than 40,000 votes they have done previously.

Wow. Each constituency has about 170,000 eligible voters, so that's about 13%!

Sent from my phone ...

One- rule party.... that's what it was all about,... Back to business, more Megaprojects and SCAMS to continue, more white lies and corruption to continue, more brainwashing of the Thai Nation and kids brains, more critics to backstabbing silence AND an amnesty to revive...

Edited by MaxLee

There's an old saying in democratic politics and voting, that you can't beat somebody with nobody. It's really a very simple principle and reality.

It looks like the DP, had it been responsible and loyal to the country and its voters, could have made a definitely improved run at the prize, perhaps well positioning itself for the next election depending of course on their performance had they achieved an improved number in the House.

Instead, the DP has all but disappeared itself presently and going forward. Abhisit is now wearing this collar.

In China it's the year of the horse, in Thailand it's the year of Abhisit as the horse's arse..

• Like 2