Budget Airlines

onemore

I would appreciate some thoughts on members experience with Budget airlines, particularly the service from Singapore to Bangkok.

Which airline is dependable, not just for leaving on time but for leaving at all, where I have heard that if the flight is only half full then they cancel it and put everyone on the

next available, or cancel for the day.

Thoughts please.

Thanks,

Beside of course the main airlines TG and SQ there are these that fly:

AirAsia(Thai), Scoot, Jetstar, TigerAir. AA to DMK, Scoot also from soon. THaiLION has announced to open this route also.

The flites I have used myself on some of these have always left-and bar5% neat on time.

For a short while Scoot had a rep of cancelling/joining flites,since then they adjusted the schedule, but the fact is that ANY airline, incl. SQ and TG, will do that in times of low demand. This is -if done at all-mostly pre announced as they know very well the pattern of bookings- they send you an @mail and you can mostly either agree with the alternative or get money back (hopefully). The main hassle I found were sometimes excessively long check in ques and not overfriendly service.

Lets see how the usual TV outcry on AA will develop here (agian-so boring all the same that these TV-posters unable to even think of something new).

Asanee,

Thanks for the very informative reply, just the information that I was seeking. So I guess when booking, go for the cheapest and allow extra time in Singapore for a forward connection, in case of a cancellation, or delay from the Bangkok flight.

Thanks,

I've used Jetstar, Air Asia and Tiger many times over the years for BKK-SG-BKK. Yet to have a flight cancelled by any airline. Jetstar the clear winner for reliability, managing to depart almost dead on time and often arriving ahead of time. Air Asia, especially on the SG-BKK leg has nearly always been delayed on departure. My last two flights in the afternoon from Singapore were delayed over an hour.

I have heard complaints before but I've never flown Jetstar domestic in Australia myself, only Bangkok-Singapore and also flown Bangkok-Australia with Jetstar a couple of times. Last June I arrived 45 minutes early in to Australia and got through immigration and customs in record time. I had booked a rental car for an hour after my scheduled arrival to be safe so I had a bit of a wait as it wasn't ready.

Just remembered I'm off to Singapore in a couple of weeks so if there is any major delay I will update this thread but I must have flown with Jetstar to Singapore and back about 20 times and so far so good.

Edited by kkerry

Kkerry,

Thanks for the info, appreciate it. It must be only in Aussie that jetstar are unreliable for on-time departure.

Cheers,

JetStart Asia Singapore operation cxl flights more than in Oz. They are shocking for cxl flights at the last minute and consolidating on the next flight out of Singapore.

• Like 1

1 big consideration here is is which terminal these budgets carries use. I think the LCT that Tiger uses is getting a renovation so Tiger is temp using Terminal 1 or 2. You nee to get a bus between the LCT and it sucks to kill time in.

Jet star uses the proper terminal, as well as Air Asia and Scoot.

Also re Bangkok airports, I hate going to Don Muang as Swampy is much more convenient (for me), that is another consideration.

Edited by Chao Lao Beach