Thai protesters defiant as US warns against coup

webfact

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think coup will be the issue. I heard a rumor from some Thai people that Thaksin paid the army.

So far, this protest by Suthep has been more peaceful than the one in 2010 by the Red.

One of the possible ways to peacefully end this conflict is that Thaksin clan are completely removed from Thai politics.

Obviously, the PM and Thaksin want to stay in power to pursue their own agenda.

If they want peace, they can step down to end this crazy situation. Can they do it? Probably not.

You heard that rumour too? You must have been speaking to the same bloke down the pub that I was speaking to, must be true then

I heard the story from one of the known Plutocracies when I had dinner with them.

I don't go to pubs because I don't drink.

I asked them the reliability of the information. They said not 100% accurate but possibly true.

They are not 100% sure because there is no evidence but they most likely believe that it is true.

The paid amount is ridiculously high just like winning a huge jackpot.

This is just a rumor and I don't know the truth.

Fair enough, it will be interesting to see if their predictions occur

Just whisper "America" and watch the inferiority complex of the world ignite.

Laughing out loud at that thai kid that says "nobody gives a s**t what farang think"- while commenting, in English, on an expat forum, about an English language news article, regarding something an American thinks on the other side of the world.

Good luck with that, lil' hater.

coffee1.gif

I agree with you that all this US bashing is mostly a case of Penis envy

But if you ere a Thai kid wanting to say something to Americans where would you do it?

in a the Thai forum written in Thai that no American will ever see or understand, or in a western Forum in a language an American would see and understand?

Yes America does seem to address a lot of geo-political problems.......its nice of them of course....but i think it would be nicer if they didn't

You and me both its 300 less billion dollars we can spend on the asshat countries of the world. We got our own oil let China,India and Europe fight over the middle east. Let Asia fight over a couple rocks in the sea. We should embrace Russias push into Europe because hey it would be nicer for Europeans like you if we "just didnt". We could save a ton of money in disaster relief also I heard the Chinese are big spenders when it comes to helping people. As far as Thailand goes they are our allies we are their strongest allies. Don't fool yourself into thinking the EU carries the lions share of aid or finance to Thailand. Hopefully you guys can figure out the Syria problem just like Bosnia and Libya, Ohh wait that is right you made us waste our resources on a localized human refugee crisis so France and Italy did not. How about that NATO lets get rid of that albatross around the US taxpayers neck. No more Marshall plans no more bailout no more buying Euros to stabilize your high unemployment countries like Ireland and Spain. To the idiot that said China owns the US 16.2 Trillion GDP vs. to Chinas 8.3 trillion wouldnt China be 24 trillion + is they owned the US? That is the thing that chaps us as Americans we get crapped on for helping when most of us would rather just watch you asshats do yourselves in. Most of the British I have gotten to know actually have a much different opinion once you talk to them. It mostly revolves around trying to minimize Britannias role in subjugating most of the civilized world. American colonialists good one! Here, please take Puerto Rico and the US Samoan islands our imperialism is just getting out of hand we might take over French Polynesia in 5000 years at this rate. It amazes me we live in this giant expanse of many nations yet we can't get along for the betterment of everyone. Every day we are against each other is another day we move backwards. So hate America all you want just please stop expecting us to pay for all the worlds problems.

As a nation i think you have an unnecessary inferiority complex. Loosen up a bit.

Tell some one to be careful not to have a heart attack while having one your self.laugh.png

an inferiority complex? while every one complains about our Superiority complex?

I think you guys have a schizophrenia complex.Make up your minds .

It is actually neither, we are just sick and tired listening to all of you whine just because you think you have small peckers. If I was you,rather than complain about the size of your peckers, I would emphasize the quality.tongue.png

This is supposed to be about Thailand , yet you all turn it to a forum about complaining about the US

Don't think we all don't know what's going on here.

Edited by sirineou

Laughing out loud at that thai kid that says "nobody gives a s**t what farang think"- while commenting, in English, on an expat forum, about an English language news article, regarding something an American thinks on the other side of the world.

coffee1.gif

I don't know but i assume you are referring to my comment that nobody gives a shit what an ex-pat thinks. I am British,My Avatar is a picture of my Thai/British son. The comment was meant to be self derogatory. We are arguing here about something we can do nothing about, we have no influence,and nobody will take any notice of what we say,its not our country and yet emotions run high, for what?

• Like 2

Yes America does seem to address a lot of geo-political problems.......its nice of them of course....but i think it would be nicer if they didn't

You and me both its 300 less billion dollars we can spend on the asshat countries of the world. We got our own oil let China,India and Europe fight over the middle east. Let Asia fight over a couple rocks in the sea. We should embrace Russias push into Europe because hey it would be nicer for Europeans like you if we "just didnt". We could save a ton of money in disaster relief also I heard the Chinese are big spenders when it comes to helping people. As far as Thailand goes they are our allies we are their strongest allies. Don't fool yourself into thinking the EU carries the lions share of aid or finance to Thailand. Hopefully you guys can figure out the Syria problem just like Bosnia and Libya, Ohh wait that is right you made us waste our resources on a localized human refugee crisis so France and Italy did not. How about that NATO lets get rid of that albatross around the US taxpayers neck. No more Marshall plans no more bailout no more buying Euros to stabilize your high unemployment countries like Ireland and Spain. To the idiot that said China owns the US 16.2 Trillion GDP vs. to Chinas 8.3 trillion wouldnt China be 24 trillion + is they owned the US? That is the thing that chaps us as Americans we get crapped on for helping when most of us would rather just watch you asshats do yourselves in. Most of the British I have gotten to know actually have a much different opinion once you talk to them. It mostly revolves around trying to minimize Britannias role in subjugating most of the civilized world. American colonialists good one! Here, please take Puerto Rico and the US Samoan islands our imperialism is just getting out of hand we might take over French Polynesia in 5000 years at this rate. It amazes me we live in this giant expanse of many nations yet we can't get along for the betterment of everyone. Every day we are against each other is another day we move backwards. So hate America all you want just please stop expecting us to pay for all the worlds problems.

As a nation i think you have an unnecessary inferiority complex. Loosen up a bit.

Tell some one to be careful not to have a heart attack while having one your self.laugh.png

an inferiority complex? while every one complains about our Superiority complex?

It is actually neither, we are just sick and tired listening to all of you whine just because you think you have small peckers. If I was you,rather than complain about the size of your peckers, I would emphasize the quality.tongue.png

This is supposed to be about Thailand , yet you all turn it to a forum about complaining about the US

Enlighten us, what is going on here? In my defence i did say unnecessary inferiority complex. I hardly think it necessary to refer to sexual organs,unless of course you have a problem but then this would be the wrong site. Calm down you are being wound up and are rising to the bait

Enlighten us, what is going on here? In my defence i did say unnecessary inferiority complex. I hardly think it necessary to refer to sexual organs,unless of course you have a problem but then this would be the wrong site. Calm down you are being wound up and are rising to the bait

The reference is to Penis envy" complex

Greeks, Romans,British empire, Spaniards,French, Dutch,etc, you all raped an pillage for thousands of years, Now it is out turn to do a little of the same, and you all cry like little girls.We are doing the same you all did, relax the way things are going your turn will come again soon. Though you might have to learn Chines before it happenstongue.png

Greeks, Romans,British empire, Spaniards,French, Dutch,etc, you all raped an pillage for thousands of years, Now it is out turn to do a little of the same, and you all cry like little girls.We are doing the same you all did, relax the way things are going your turn will come again soon. Though you might have to learn Chines before it happenstongue.png

Religious man are you ? read the good book ? You do seem to have a problem though,penis envy,rape,pillaging......Hardly new age stuff is it. I think we left out the rape and pillaging and went more for plunder, and a little slaughter of the innocents here and there,yes indeed we were greedy little sods. The Romans may have had a little extra marital sex but then they were in the field a long time,still the world has moved on since then ( i think ) Strange you should mention Chines, i presume you meant Chinese, I have started to learn it in an amateurish sort of way but i'll be dead before i'm proficient at it so...no rape and pillaging for me i'm afraid, which at my age is just as well.

Religious man are you ? read the good book ? You do seem to have a problem though,penis envy,rape,pillaging......Hardly new age stuff is it. I think we left out the rape and pillaging and went more for plunder, and a little slaughter of the innocents here and there,yes indeed we were greedy little sods. The Romans may have had a little extra marital sex but then they were in the field a long time,still the world has moved on since then ( i think ) Strange you should mention Chines, i presume you meant Chinese, I have started to learn it in an amateurish sort of way but i'll be dead before i'm proficient at it so...no rape and pillaging for me i'm afraid, which at my age is just as well.

Yea , my rape days are behind me also, But I think I still have some pillaging in metongue.png

i really should wear my glasses when I type the auto-correct in my computer get's me in to a lot of trouble

It seems to want to correct the Sirineou to Urine laugh.pnglaugh.png which might not be too far from the truth.

But I hope you get my point,

Being going on for ages, and until we destroy our selves, will go on, Nothing changes, the only thing that changes are the names and places.

I hope I am wrong

I love Thailand and the Thai people, For their sake and ours I hope they work this mess out. As for the Americans , they will do what they can until they cant.

oh wait, I forgot to add

Send from my tin can, connected to TVF via a string

Edited by sirineou

I've been trying to hold my tongue but I've reached that point. America has its problems. It's government is far from perfect and it's system of justice and government is the severely screwed up and yet it is still the shining light on the hill. We are the standard of freedom for the world. Do we have greedy individuals as well as corruption. You bet we do.

Do we spend to much of our resources as world police? I think so yet those people we help might disagree. Name a free country that is better off without us. I can, Vietnam. Are we perfect. Hell no! Are we the standard of freedom? Hell yes!

Are there better managed countries? Singapore comes to mind. Maybe some other micro states. I love Canada as well. I would love for my country to keep to itself for a few years. Put up the closed for business, be back in 50 years sign, but I know the world would suffer for it. I love the time I am spending here living and working in Thailand. Despite what most posters say the Thai people have been wonderful to me and I am truly sad as I leave for other parts of the country. I leave my new friends with vows to stay connected and I will hold them and this country in my heart forever.

That being said, I also have developed a profound longing for the United States. Not simply my family and friends but for my home country. With all it's faults and follies, the greatest country in the world. A land of second chances and new beginnings for millions of citizens and transplants. A country I am proud to call home.

Freedom is bit more than being able to buy handguns on the spot...

Light on the hill??....you're funny! I like Youclap2.gif

Good thread. Just want to say good on those guys who are patriots and are proud of their country for all the good things and there are many as stated in the various posts. But, American Foreign Policy, in my view will never be one of those good things. Add to that British and some EU foreign policy lapdogs. I am staunchly proud to be British but it was not by mistake I left at the turn of the century; I just couldn't stand the Blair government lies any more.

Edited by iancnx
  • Like 1

We really should stop bashing each other. Most of us are in the last stages of life,the last act if you will. We should be glad of every sunrise and every sunset that we can witness. We have lived our lives and made our mistakes,we all have our baggage to haul,the worlds problems arising now are for our children and grandchildren to sort out. They will make the same mistakes with different variations. It will all seem so important and earth moving to them, as they were once to us. We should be in a position now to look on,not with resignation, but with mild amusement.

coffee1.gif

I don't know but i assume you are referring to my comment that nobody gives a shit what an ex-pat thinks. I am British,My Avatar is a picture of my Thai/British son. The comment was meant to be self derogatory. We are arguing here about something we can do nothing about, we have no influence,and nobody will take any notice of what we say,its not our country and yet emotions run high, for what?

Yes, I was referring to your post.

I misinterpreted what you were writing and now I'm a bit embarrassed.

Then again, I was projecting on you my dissatisfaction with all of the America haters. Not the legitimate critics, just the douchebags that reflexively hate my culture without having set foot in the States.

I aplologize for that.

Washington should learn from Thailand and not lecture.

Maybe all administrations should have a reset button half way through.

Continue as is or fresh elections

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I've been trying to hold my tongue but I've reached that point. America has its problems. It's government is far from perfect and it's system of justice and government is the severely screwed up and yet it is still the shining light on the hill. We are the standard of freedom for the world. Do we have greedy individuals as well as corruption. You bet we do.

Do we spend to much of our resources as world police? I think so yet those people we help might disagree. Name a free country that is better off without us. I can, Vietnam. Are we perfect. Hell no! Are we the standard of freedom? Hell yes!

Are there better managed countries? Singapore comes to mind. Maybe some other micro states. I love Canada as well. I would love for my country to keep to itself for a few years. Put up the closed for business, be back in 50 years sign, but I know the world would suffer for it. I love the time I am spending here living and working in Thailand. Despite what most posters say the Thai people have been wonderful to me and I am truly sad as I leave for other parts of the country. I leave my new friends with vows to stay connected and I will hold them and this country in my heart forever.

That being said, I also have developed a profound longing for the United States. Not simply my family and friends but for my home country. With all it's faults and follies, the greatest country in the world. A land of second chances and new beginnings for millions of citizens and transplants. A country I am proud to call home.

Everyone to their own. You're American so your defence of the US is predictable; I'm British so hold a different view.

Your parents after WWII held an opposing view to yours.

Sounds like second stage culture shock. There is very little I miss about the US. Not the necessity to go through a list of providers for electricity, natural gas, insurance (health and home and car), telephone, and TV and then having your application for many of these public services scrutinized by a private sector credit ratings agency. I don't miss being fondled and inspected at airports or having cameras looking for your front tire to touch the stop line on the pavement so they can issue you a $500 moving violation and increase your insurance (see above). I don't miss the constant inspections, the laborious tax filing system, the obesity causing fast food chains, or the illegal aliens who break into your house, ram your car, or take the spot in front of you in the emergency rooms, all of which you pay for while they go scott free. I don't miss property tax rates that have become confiscatory or public highways being turned into toll roads. And most of all, I don't miss Jerry Jones and his band robbers who bought the Cowboys and became a symbol for everything wrong with American values and the American economy.

Well you're in the right place with your man Suthep and all the rest of his dinks.

You over here means one fewer tea party wingnut back home mucking things up even more. Your Suthep Ultraman views make life very difficult for you in the States, for sure.

The US? It's all yours. It's a third world country with a first world infrastructure. And the latter will not last much longer. The US was destroyed by what Thailand is just now figuring out: democracy ends when the majority discover that they can vote themselves the right to plunder the treasury.

USA is a republic.

Hey what about Thailand?

Doesn't anybody care about Thailand?

What ever happened to Thai related posts? why is this thread allowed to continue

If this had turned to a thread about , err let/s say Israel. it would had being closed it two seconds flat.

are there different rules in this forum for different countries?

Hey what about Thailand?

What ever happened to Thai related posts? why is this thread allowed to continue

If this had turned to a thread about , err let/s say Israel. it would had being closed it two seconds flat.

Because it's also about the US, as in "Thai Protesters Defiant as US Warns . . ."

Sounds like second stage culture shock. There is very little I miss about the US. Not the necessity to go through a list of providers for electricity, natural gas, insurance (health and home and car), telephone, and TV and then having your application for many of these public services scrutinized by a private sector credit ratings agency. I don't miss being fondled and inspected at airports or having cameras looking for your front tire to touch the stop line on the pavement so they can issue you a $500 moving violation and increase your insurance (see above). I don't miss the constant inspections, the laborious tax filing system, the obesity causing fast food chains, or the illegal aliens who break into your house, ram your car, or take the spot in front of you in the emergency rooms, all of which you pay for while they go scott free. I don't miss property tax rates that have become confiscatory or public highways being turned into toll roads. And most of all, I don't miss Jerry Jones and his band robbers who bought the Cowboys and became a symbol for everything wrong with American values and the American economy.

Well you're in the right place with your man Suthep and all the rest of his dinks.

You over here means one fewer tea party wingnut back home mucking things up even more. Your Suthep Ultraman views make life very difficult for you in the States, for sure.

The US? It's all yours. It's a third world country with a first world infrastructure.blink.png And the latter will not last much longer. The US was destroyed by what Thailand is just now figuring out: democracy ends when the majority discover that they can vote themselves the right to plunder the treasury.

" a first world infrastructure "giggle.gif

http://realtruth.org/articles/100709-002-americas.html

The US? It's all yours. It's a third world country with a first world infrastructure.blink.png And the latter will not last much longer. The US was destroyed by what Thailand is just now figuring out: democracy ends when the majority discover that they can vote themselves the right to plunder the treasury.

" a first world infrastructure ":giggle:

http://realtruth.org/articles/100709-002-americas.html

Good point. I actually suffered through more frequent and longer electricity outages back in the US than I do, here, in Thailand.

Hey what about Thailand?

Because it is but a blip on the radar on the world stage.. A place regarded as a hot zone for rice & poon tang, and corruption. Guess those of us here are attracted to those some of those things? ....or we wouldn't be here....contrast to our original stomping grounds.

Spotlight in discussion highlights the US b the article contents, and Napoleon complex/those trying to boost their own country's moral like David winding up Goliath.

Edited by gemini81

Hey what about Thailand?

Because it's also about the US, as in "Thai Protesters Defiant as US Warns . . ."

How is the infrastructure in the US related to the protests in Thailand?

Hey what about Thailand?

How is the infrastructure in the US related to the protests in Thailand?

Why don't you try reading the thread and find out.