Abhisit claims Section 68 of constitution for not participating in elections

webfact

Abhisit claims Section 68 of constitution for not participating in elections

BANGKOK 4 February 2014 (NNT) — Democrat Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva has quoted section 68 of the constitution as the reason he did not participate in the February 2 general election. The Pheu Thai party, on the other hand, will also be using the same legislation to effect the dissolution of the Democrat party.

According to Mr. Abhisit, the general election that was held on February 2 was in violation of Section 68 of the constitution. He further stated that the election was in vain, as he did not see how a new government could be formed - adding that more all-too familiar problems would inevitably follow.

Pheu Thai spokesperson Prompong Nopparit, on the other hand, has filed charges with the Election Commission (EC) accusing Mr. Suthep Thaugsuban and 8 other core members of the People’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) of obstruction the general election.

Moreover, the Pheu Thai party will on February 5 submit to the EC chairman evidence collected since the beginning of the demonstrations on October 31 last year until February 2 of this year, which clearly shows Mr. Abhisit and other party executives participating in the mass rallies, in order to have the Democrat party dissolved for violating Section 68 of the constitution.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-02-04 footer_n.gif

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Rights to Protect the Constitution

Section 68.

Part 13

Rights to Protect the Constitution

Section 68. No person shall exercise the rights and liberties prescribed in the Constitution to overthrow the democratic regime of government with the King as Head of the State under this Constitution or to acquire the power to rule the country by any means which is not in accordance with the modes provided in this Constitution.

In the case where a person or a political party has committed the act under paragraph one, the person knowing of such act shall have the right to request the Prosecutor General to investigate its facts and submit a motion to the Constitutional Court for ordering cessation of such act without, however, prejudice to the institution of a criminal action against such person.

In the case where the Constitutional Court makes a decision compelling the political party to cease to commit the act under paragraph two, the Constitutional Court may order the dissolution of such political party.

In the case where the Constitutional Court issues an order dissolving the political party under paragraph three, the right to vote of the dissolved political partys leader and executive committee members at the time of the commission of the offence

Edited by Gone

So Abhisit says an election is against the process of an election...................

Did he really go to school ?

He appears to support an appointed committee of the PDRC (which is against article 68) and takes PTP to court for holding an election (which is in line with article 68).

Whoops...................

All in my opinion of course.

• Like 2

It's a busy day for Prompong. After Chalerm purported Pheu Thai to have won 300 seats in parliament in a sweeping landslide that far outstrips the 2011 results, and having Prompong's intuitive knowing that all those that voted would undoubtedly have voted for Pheu Thai, as all of them love democracy just as much as they do - Prompong is now cheerfully occupied with the trusted mandate by going after all those who participated on the streets, the dissolution of the Democratic Party, as well as special new marching orders for the EC - on pain of being under prosecution themselves. Yes, we are back in the land of Pheu Thai. The debacle that happened two days ago didn't really occur, you see. Like the TV series " Dallas " - the whole thing was just one bad dream.

• Like 1

So Abhisit says an election is against the process of an election...................

He appears to support an appointed committee of the PDRC (which is against article 68) and takes PTP to court for holding an election (which is in line with article 68).

No. I think he means THIS election breaks the rules set by the constitution. But until some better reporting ..who knows!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

No. I think he means THIS election breaks the rules set by the constitution. But until some better reporting ..who knows!

Eton & Oxford.

Not some state university attended by Yingluck or Suthep.

• Like 1

Eton & Oxford.

Not some state university attended by Yingluck or Suthep.

Exactly, I bet he'd heave a huge sigh of relief once he's booted upstairs to the House of Lords (sorry... the Senate).

He also read PPE at oxford so should, in theory, know what he's doing.

• Like 1

Not sure about the Section 68 application to Abhisit's wild and crazy scheme, but he's welcome to apply one of our Sections... A Section 8 seems right in order for Democrat Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva

"The term Section 8 refers to a category of discharge from the United States military when judged mentally unfit for service."

Edited by LadPhrao123
  • Like 1

I know common sense doesn't exist here but..

If you are in the minority, you need to adjust your thinking to increase your numbers. I suppose that never occurs to them.

That doesn't work very well for minorities that can't change things ... such as race, sexual preference, etc.

Even political groups shouldn't change if they are doing what they believe is right.

• Like 1

I think you will find that the Democrat party doesnt back the appointed peoples council.

Its been reported a few times, at least once recently (just before the election)

but thanks for trying...

• Like 1

Thainess knows no reason. Specially that nonsensical thing called RULE OF LAW

Daddy (a mogul at the helm of CP foods) named him Abhisit. In Thai aphisit (Royal Thai General System) which means PRIVILEGE, PREROGATIVE, PERKS. He is living up to his name.

By the way, this same maneuver was used in 2006 by the Dems to bring down government and the subsequent military coup.

Thainess... Tsk, Tsk, will Farang ever understand it?

• Like 1

I know common sense doesn't exist here but..

If you are in the minority, you need to adjust your thinking to increase your numbers. I suppose that never occurs to them.

That doesn't work very well for minorities that can't change things ... such as race, sexual preference, etc.

Even political groups shouldn't change if they are doing what they believe is right.

Certainly! If they could, Hiroito, Stalin, Hitler, Mussolini, Fidel Castro, Kin yon Un and Dr. Menguele (to name only a few egregious examples) would 100% agree with you. They all believed that what they were doing was right.

Care to add another name in that group?

Even if the dem managed to get goodies from their grandfather courts/independence agencies who have been spoiling the delinquent children, the society will reject them. Where are the protesters that were the result of their en masse resignation now?

IMO, in order to save them from future on going embarrassment and society rejections, their grandfather should act like a strong parent - throw them in the water learning to swim or like an mother eager kicks their offspring out of the nest and let them learn to fly. Continue to cuddle them in your arms will not release them to face the real challenges out there.

I said this because they abused their constitutional rights - using the court like it is their grandfather every time they encountered a difficult situation and the grandfather continue to make ruling using political argument, personal opinion instead of evidence of the society and legal interpretation.

Dissolved the party will help them. They may be able to find a way to rename their new party name after five years. At the mean time they can go down to the ground level to understand the needs of the people and society. At the moment, their fighting, obstructing. destroying activities are not going to help them in renewing themselves, come out of self-pity, victim mentality world and transforming to a party relevant to Thailand.

I also have the opinion that PTP's tit-for-tat using of court is not going to settle the struggle for power and control problem of the two 'power-base'. However, I do feel that they are doing this not because they are being bullied, hijacked, or they want to take revenge. It is a continuous approach to stop judges and officials of courts and independence agencies from using them (court and independence agencies) as if they owned them. The problem is not the existence of these courts and independence agencies. It is the judges and officials who use them as if it is their own.

You are right in the last line of your comment.

That is the result of traditional feudalistic Thainess at work.

It will minimally change (if ever) because it is in the historical Thai DNA.

• Like 1

So whom ever this guy is that signed a degree setting the election date, must be in violation of the constitution court and Mark's version of relativity. Did the court order the election closed? NO. They passed the buck in hopes some poor fool would fall into the trap of LM. Didn't work. OK Mark take a pill and call your head shrink you need a check up. You should have 5 years to recover.

• Like 1

Abhisit is desperate and clutching at straws as he watches his political career crumbling.

Once he gets convicted for the murder charges against him for the deaths in 2010, he will never be allowed to return to politics anyway.

• Like 1

Mr. Abhisit and other party executives participating in the mass rallies, in order to have the Democrat party dissolved for violating Section 68 of the constitution.

So if you use your Democratic right to protest peacefully, as Mr. Adhisit did, you are threatened, by a corrupt government to dissolve a party that brings their dirty laundry open to the people of Thailand.

Sure, I am glad to see that PTP is going to use the same tactic against the Democrats. Someone that was not allowed to vote by the attempt to stop the Election should file suit against the EC, for failure to properly prepare the country for the Election and security to keep the polling places open on Election Day!

Cheers