NACC says Yingluck richer, Suthep poorer

webfact

Chalerm is doing all right....did he accumulate this money from when he was a policeman?whistling.gif

What money? He owes 110 million, according to the report.
someone can't read, that's all. Would this person like some help? Walen has a good reputation....

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Who exactly is it that can't read, that you just insulted?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The article clearly states what her asset and debt were "before taking office" she will be required by law to report her assets after leaving office!

The article did not address the usual corruption wording "of un-usual wealth"

Cheers

Edited by kikoman

The article clearly states what her asset and debt were "before taking office" she will be required by law to report her assets after leaving office!

Cheers

Probably an oversight but the article forgot to mention that Yingluck will gain an extra 1,000 million baht when the Thaksin amnesty bill passes on May the 11th at 1 minute past midnight. That is for her share of the seized assets gained through corrupt practices by her brothers company. In truth it will be way more than 1,000 million baht because compound interest (at 7% p.a.)must be factored in.

Cheers

I think you should actually read the articles.

NACC revealed details of asset disclosures by 491 ex-members of Parliament whose terms finished with the dissolution of the House of Representatives in December.

The declared assets were in combination with those owned by the spouses.

- Caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck had Bt603 million in assets and Bt28 million in liabilities. Her assets increased since taking office by more than Bt50 million.

Cheers

Probably an oversight but the article forgot to mention that Yingluck will gain an extra 1,000 million baht when the Thaksin amnesty bill passes on May the 11th at 1 minute past midnight. That is for her share of the seized assets gained through corrupt practices by her brothers company. In truth it will be way more than 1,000 million baht because compound interest (at 7% p.a.)must be factored in.

Sonny, most people read what was actually said in the article, if you have references that state, or back up your statement with (kindly post them) I will consider that, if you do not, it plain B**S^^^

Cheers

Cheers

NACC revealed details of asset disclosures by 491 ex-members of Parliament whose terms finished with the dissolution of the House of Representatives in December.

- Caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck had Bt603 million in assets and Bt28 million in liabilities. Her assets increased since taking office by more than Bt50 million.

When you actually read the article did it state any thing about Yingluck being ""un-usually wealthy", or that the money could not be accountable due to the increase in value of asset held before taking office!

Put on your glasses and read it again!

Cheers

Cheers

When you actually read the article did it state any thing about Yingluck being ""un-usually wealthy", or that the money could not be accountable due to the increase in value of asset held before taking office!

Put on your glasses and read it again!

Cheers

What has "unusually wealthy" got to do with anything? You didn't say anything about that (until after I quoted you) and I didn't say anything about that.

You said "The article clearly states what her asset and debt were "before taking office" ". The article clearly states that it was from after she left office.

How can 50 million be amassed in a couple of years on a politicians salary? Can Thai politicians still run businesses or other activities to make money? I would have thought ALL politicians should be investigated for any increase in wealth more than 1 million baht over their term. Would love to know where this money is coming from....or is it all 'gifts' ?

Its astounding that the NACC year after year collects this info and do nothing with it. Okay I don't like Suthep but lets look at his assets and debt reports since 2011 as reported by The Nation (from NACC reports).

The Nation 29 September 2011:

"His deputy Suthep Thaugsuban has Bt140 million in assets but also Bt45 million in liabilities."

The Nation 5 October 2012:

"Suthep, meanwhile, was seen as the poorest member of the former Cabinet in terms of outstanding debts, which stand at Bt347.578 million compared to assets

worth Bt210.95 million. Upon leaving office a year ago, Suthep declared assets worth Bt95.64 million compared to Bt81.607 million he had upon taking office. The

former minister said the huge difference was due to the Bt267.33 million loans he had taken, including Bt248.57 million borrowed from the Islamic Bank of Thailand"

Firstly in his declaration as reported in September 2011 his assets was B 140, but in the 2012 declaration its said that he only had B 95,64 m? So if the report on B 140 m is correct his assets grew with B 58,33 m (or 71,47%) while in office.

Secondly he said that his assets grew from B 95,64 m (B 140 m??) to B 210.95 m because he took out loans of B 267,33 m? So if he had B 95,64 m in assets and got B 267,33 m in loans his assets should be +- B 363 m and not B 210 m as reported ?? If he didn't buy assets with the loans how did he get these loans as these banks surely needs collateral for them. Or did someone stand surety for him, in which case who?

Thirdly how did he get the loan from the state owned Islamic bank of Thailand in the year after he left office them he is bankrupt (less assets than debt) ??

And this man leads the anti-corruption crusade? And the NACC never investigates people from a certain side of the political spectrum, why?

• Like 1

If Suthep will manage the country like his own finances.......

I for one would wish that Thaksin and his band of crooks would manage the country like their own finances, we'd be up to the eyeballs in cash... of course finding who to steal that money from would be more complicated.

If Suthep will manage the country like his own finances.......

I for one would wish that Thaksin and his band of crooks would manage the country like their own finances, we'd be up to the eyeballs in cash... of course finding who to steal that money from would be more complicated.

In fact Thaksin does already that, he considers the money in the state coffers to be his.

But nobody takes a puppet organisation of the elite really serious of course. one only has to look to the home of Abhisit to know that 54 million baht is laughable. And the NACC probably does not count the land grab of Suthep that is in the name of his children. It is not really believable that a man who is 4 million dollar in the red is selling a few million in (stolen) land to fund his criminal organisation that is causing Thailand 240 billion in GDP

• Like 1

Chalerm is doing all right....did he accumulate this money from when he was a policeman?whistling.gif

Suthep has 210 million baht asset but has 320 million baht debts.

Labour Minister Chalerm Yubamrung has 170 million asset with no deb

smile.png

How do you accumulate 320 million of debt? What's he spending it on? Who's lending it to him?

Whybother

What has "unusually wealthy" got to do with anything? You didn't say anything about that (until after I quoted you) and I didn't say anything about that.

You said "The article clearly states what her asset and debt were "before taking office" ". The article clearly states that it was from after she left office.

Kikoman

Let me explain it again, The yellows on this thread are stating that the money was gained though corruption , historically the courts or (NACC) state that the sum shows the person in this case ( PM Yingluch Shinowatra) as being un-usually wealthy (If corruption was at all suspected)

I entered the post and as I read it I left out my rational for the post and edited it (clearly documented on the post it was edited, go back and check it, if it is of any importance to you) as you will note most of my post are edited, because omissions or spelling etc

Again many are stating that the increased assets was due to corruption, and the article states not a thing about corruption.

I clearly know what my statement intent was!!

I do not intend to enter a childish "he said she said with you", as I wrote the post and know why!

Cheers

Whybother

Kikoman

Let me explain it again, The yellows on this thread are stating that the money was gained though corruption , historically the courts or (NACC) state that the sum shows the person in this case ( PM Yingluch Shinowatra) as being un-usually wealthy (If corruption was at all suspected)

I entered the post and as I read it I left out my rational for the post and edited it (clearly documented on the post it was edited, go back and check it, if it is of any importance to you) as you will note most of my post are edited, because omissions or spelling etc

Again many are stating that the increased assets was due to corruption, and the article states not a thing about corruption.

I do not intend to enter a childish "he said she said with you", as I wrote the post and know why!

Cheers

Yes, I can see that you changed your post to include "unusually wealthy", but that is not my issue and not what I commented on.

You said the assets mentioned were from "before taking office" which is clearly wrong.

And what report would that be? coffee1.gif

"Labour Minister Chalerm Yubamrung has 170 million asset with no debt as well as Democrat party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva who has 54 million baht asset, and had no debt."

Whybother

Kikoman

Cheers

Yes, I can see that you changed your post to include "unusually wealthy", but that is not my issue and not what I commented on.

You said the assets mentioned were from "before taking office" which is clearly wrong.

Sit down in front of the mirror and argue Your issue then ! good luck!

Cheers

Sit down in front of the mirror and argue Your issue then ! good luck!

Cheers

I wasn't arguing. I was just pointing out that what you wrote is wrong, as shown in the article.

The anti corruption law mandates politicians holding political postings to declare assets to the NACC before and after their terms in offices end.

We know that there is no honest politicians so we expect them of course not to declare all their assets.

Do people think this is very different anywhere else in the world. Ask yourselves this question - if you were in a short term job which gave you inside knowledge of forthcoming financial and business developments, and assuming that you already had earned enough money to be able to give up your day job and go into politics - wouldn't you seek to increase your assets or would you do the "honest" thing and pretend you didn't have this inside information when making your investments. A political career can be very short and human nature dictates you will try and exit with enough to live a very comfortable life. Even many left wing politicians manage to combine social policy with personal income generation.