Makro v Lotus Economics

ford8

I purchased some frozen vegetables and fish sticks from Makro and the quality was so poor I threw them away.

I also have some no-name chicken burgers from Makro, that I can only face when the fridge is empty.

Fresh meat is usually good, fresh veggies are always cheaper in the markets.

Brand name goods are always significantly cheaper in Makro than Tesco.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alternatively

Tesco charge 30% more than Makro to cover the losses from staff stealing.

Whilst that may be true, I like to add that IMO some of the products offering from Makro are of inferior quality! This is speaking from experience comparing the stuff of tesco & Makro in Hat Yai

Sent from my GT-P6200

Interesting theory, are you suggesting Mama Poko nappies, Smukers USA jams, Snickers bars or Nestle Corn Flakes contain different and inferior contents in Makro? I can't see it myself.

No, different products. Watch out for some of the products especially local brands and/or some china made products

Sent from my GT-P6200

Makro for cheap vegetables, frozen Pollock loins (B195 a bag of 12) and fresh fish .

I just wish they would cut the head off the fresh chickens smile.png but they are tastier than anywhere else I have bought. Very rarely bother with Tesco's for anything

Brought some lovely Dutch potatoes there the other day

Don't care about the double check, mostly they hardly do a second look

• 3 weeks later...

They are building a new Makro ,opp the bus station on north Pattaya road.

Don't want to dispute your comment, but i think that opposite the busstation there is no plot of land big enough to host a Makro.

I was confused about this post as well. I think he possibly means the large empty lot adjacent to he station...not opposite to it.
I think IClaudius was right with his original info here. They appear to be building a new Makro almost directly opposite the bus station on North Road. Didn't seem possible before because there were structures already there but silly me, forgot this is Thailand and they just tore those down in a couple days. Looks like they may be done in a couple weeks...just hope it doesn't muck up the already congested traffic in this area. Edited by OMGImInPattaya
  • Like 1