Deportation threat: Indian business chairman Satish to seek justice from Thai court

webfact

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't fret - if it's anything like the UK, the courts will take ages to deport anyone, even known terrorist-sympathizers and welfare scroungers.

I reckon it's just a shot across the bows to deter other non-Thais (soft targets).

Next, Chalerm may target a minor actor/musician/academic (invite the person for questioning), as another warning.

Problem is, some people are now so radicalized that it's almost a badge of honour to be picked out by Chalerm.

The police need to get one of the protest leaders to have any real effect.

• Like 1

Having lived in India I like Indians and have worked with them over the years.

The issue is not race but surely foregners defending others breaking the law only makes it worse for the rest of us.

As others note this was not the no crash helmet,the overstay ,minor car incident.

The government specifically reminded foreigners ,anyone here since 2010 let alone 50 years should know. You may disagree with this government or rules but it's force majeure and unlike foreigners the locals will choose who is one of "them".

The case of Chinese is different as anyone who has studied history.

The Tai people themself came from Sipsongpanna / Xishaungbanna Yu nan and then Jin Haw and more recently Hokkien Hakka trades to the Gulf and KMT refugees to the North.

Our Experts here like Camarata can probably confirm that res

Of course as other leading figures know not being Thai or giving loyalty enables individual to avoid military service.I think this person will easily be able to provide such evidence.Our opinion is meaningless the courts will decide and as in most places you get as much justice as youcan afford.

The UK government is proposing removing citizenship from malefactors so place of birth residence is not necesarily insurance against removal.

If length of stay enables immunity I have misunderstood the system I thought having millions was immunity?

Best wishes to the gentleman I hop he has an honest lawyer.I trust his case will deter others.

Even with residency my understanding of translation of PR application it can be revoked if you commit certain crimes.

Edited by RubbaJohnny

If per the article he is truly a Thai citizen, as it appears he states then they cannot deport him, and if they do it is a violation of international human rights......PTP democracy in action again it seems

Hi is NOT a Thai citizen. He has been living here for a long time but carries an Indian passport.

Thaksin lived here a long time and how many passports has HE got?

Don't fret - if it's anything like the UK, the courts will take ages to deport anyone, even known terrorist-sympathizers and welfare scroungers.

This reply just shows you can take any thread on Thai visa, and along will come a whinging Brit complaining about migrants back home.

Well done son, stay classy.

• Like 1

If per the article he is truly a Thai citizen, as it appears he states then they cannot deport him, and if they do it is a violation of international human rights......PTP democracy in action again it seems

Hi is NOT a Thai citizen. He has been living here for a long time but carries an Indian passport.

Indian laws do not allow double citizenship. If Mr. Satit has Indian passport, then cannot have a Thai passport. How is Thaksin related to this? (/me confused)

Edited by newcomer71
  • Like 1

Amazing! The issue involves a man and his future, be he Thai or Indian.

Who brought politics, and PTP into the NW Kid issue? NOBODY DID. Yet the morons brought Suthep into it.

Now, because this man is rich........ HERE WE GO.......... cos Chalerm is invloved. We're red, so what Chalerm says is totally correct This GUY SPEAKS fluent Thai... be he of Indian original decent or not. He is effectively Thai. What Chalerm says scots of a duck's ass as far as most are concerned, yet ignoramous will defend it.

Context is context.... well to me it is...... but this thread is becoming ridiculously out of context. (yet, interesting 555)

If you had residency here, and it was revoked because you were involved in politics after 50 years of living here.... you wouldn't be arguing against this man. Think about that, and don't say you wouldn't buy residency if you couldn't!!

Alas, moronic posts against Suthep still arrive.

To be honest, I read many posts against PTP and Chalerm, while the same policies were active back in 2010... But well, up to you guys. We (at least I) live in a foreign country, and is not that hard to follow rules to not be in trouble.

I know I haven't the same rights as a Thai, but I chosen to live here so I will live with it. If someone likes to risk, then can't complain much.

Why ask. He can't claim any right, simply because he is not Thai. No matter how long you will live here. A foreigner will be always have a different treatment than a Thai. Citizenship or not.

Edited by newcomer71
  • Like 2

lashing out at the government probably isn't the best line of defence. Get a lawyer, try to get diplomatic support from india and stop appearing in the media, to calm thing down

Quite true, when you lash out publically against the government who with the flick of a pen can kick you out of their country it is not a good move. Now this story will go international which is like hitting the thai government squarely in the face with the back of a shovel isn't going to help your defence. The government will want to repair that face. As many have said on here we are guests as you are (I prefer the term commodity over guest) and you don't upset your hosts at a dinner party.

My son has two and he was born in Thailand. This Indian guy has one and he wasn't born in Thailand.

• Like 1

Context is context.... well to me it is...... but this thread is becoming ridiculously out of context. (yet, interesting 555)

If you had residency here, and it was revoked because you were involved in politics after 50 years of living here.... you wouldn't be arguing against this man. Think about that, and don't say you wouldn't buy residency if you couldn't!!

The context is that foreigners i.e. non Thai citizens were explicitly warned not to participate in the protests. To do would risk deportation, people were warned. If he isn't a Thai citizen then to get up on stage at a protest means you are taking a risk. If he has lived in Thailand for 50 years and speaks the language then I don't understand why he never applied for citizenship. As a businessman in Thailand surely it would have been an advantage to become Thai but for whatever reason he never became a citizen. Because he has been here a long time he seemed to think he is Thai but not in the eyes of the law.

There have been instances in Australia of long term residents of foreign origin who were for all appearances Australian, having worked, had children, paid taxes etc. being threatened with deportation and some have been deported back to a country where they can barely speak the language, despite the attempted intervention of friends and influential persons so it's not only Thailand that will deport people.

"After news of the attempt to deport him, he said he received over a thousand people and friends giving him morale support." Probably all tailors.. I wonder if he's the one responsible for bringing all the Indians that work illegally in places like Phuket selling crap tee-shirts in the markets and each paying 2000 a month for the privilege? Probably not but somebody is..

Just a few months ago in Singapore a bunch of SG Indians went rampaging through little India because an Indian chap had been run over and died. Singapore's answer was to deport the ones they caught rampaging. No m essing, no courts, gone.

It might be (MIGHT BE) there's more to this character than we know about? Who knows and really, who cares?

If his birth certificate states he was born out side of Thailand and he has never bothered to be granted Thai citizenship, Surprise he is a Farang, and has no right to become involved in a violent political conflict and defy the laws of your host country!

That my friend is the law of the Thai nation, for all of us Farangs and if we do not want to be kicked out of the country we best abide by the law, which he failed to do! I hope he closes the door on the way out!

Cheers

He can't be a farang, TV resident experts state a farang is someone a western country, typically a white male

Further if you had actually read my post properly, if he is "truely a thai citizen" they can't deport him, but if is not a thai citizen then yes they could

Where he was born is somewhat irrelevant, as using your logic Abhibsit and another certain gentleman who shall remain nameless where born in the UK and US respectively and would have birth certificates from those countries

The key here is what citizenship he currently holds, if only Indian then yes he'd had a problem

• Like 1

wonder what visa he has been on all these years?, good example of why Johnny foreigner

should keep away from these protests

If he arrived when he said he did, then he's automatically a PR.

Even if he is PR, he would still have a problem in this instance as there could be grounds to revoke the PR don't think this would help him in this case

• Like 1

My son has two and he was born in Thailand. This Indian guy has one and he wasn't born in Thailand.

and when you son gets to 18 he will have to choose one citizenship you believe?

Indian businessman to sue govt on deportation order
By Digital Content

13915855782035.jpg

BANGKOK, Feb 5 – Businessman Satish Sehgal, an active anti-government protester, is suing the Centre for Managing Peace and Order (CMPO) which announced his deportation for violating the Emergency Decree.

CMPO declared yesterday that it would instruct the Immigration Bureau to deport Mr Satish.

Mr Satish, an Indian businessman who has lived in Thailand for over 50 years, stood firm that he did not violate the Emergency Decree, as claimed by CMPO.

He joined the People’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) in its protests against the government but stopped the political activity since the invocation of the Emergency Decree.

He said he was consulting his lawyer to file a lawsuit against CMPO.

PDRC spokesman Akenat Promphan said the contemplated deportation of Mr Satish could jeopardise foreign investment in Thailand.

Meanwhile, PDRC leaders said it would take two more days for the blockaded Rama VIII Road to reopen as protesters have to collect their belongings.

The PDRC earlier agreed to open the bridge to traffic today. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-02-05

So special laws for Indians ?

He was warned like all foregners .

Thai leaders/voters were not arrested ,yet as the Police and government stated it may exacerbate the tensions.

If this guy was so well respected/connected it could not happen ,I hope his supporters have deep pockets.Good riddance to law breakers they only make lifeharder for us who play by the rules,the foreign drug dealers pimps boiler room scammers,if you can't do the time don't do the crime,I am minded the authorities are sufficently corrupt that he'll pay off and shut up if he knows what's good for him ,Lord Buddha was Nepalese and Indians are pretty near the bottom in Thai thinking as anyone familiar with local "nicknames" jek,kek and falang will know..

You don't live in a country for 55 years and call yourself a foreigner.

Glad to see that you play by the rules and the letter of the law.

You seem to have an opinion on Thai politics... How is your opinion so different from his and how long have you lived here?

Just curious?

Whether he calls himself a foreigner is a non-issue. It is about the facts.

Perhaps, his defense will be that he gets charged local rates at parks and attractions.

Does this scenario have anything to do with why Abhisit the Brit isn't on the stage? smile.png

Edited by unanimosity
  • Like 1

They should arrest him and deoport him immediately just like any other foreigners found guilty or breaking any rules or laws in Thailand. Foreigners should not be involved in any kind of political protests that include terrorist activities like seizing roads and places. He deserves no special treatment and they should also confisticate all his properties and assets and busineses like the lookeast magazine, indus restaurant,dressed sald restaurants at paragon and mercury ville and also rise productions etc.(auction it and pass the proceeds to allevaite compensation to people and businesses affected by the blockages.) His immediate family should also be investigated and deported for assisting him and alos for any financial aid and I think the authorities should investigate teh Thai-Indain Business Chamber of which his is a President along with all its members.

THE PRDC indulged in terrorists activities like road seizes and public offices plus they prevented ordinary citizens from execising their voting right sand they were involved in armed activities. The UN, The US and all countries accepts this as terrorist activities so does India!

If Immigration really want to deport a foreginer it's a very easy task. Immigration just cancel his permission of stay (or PR if he is a PR holder). In that very minute he is technically on overstay and can be brought to the Immigration Detention Center (IDC) where he can be deported without any court appearance.

Immigration has real powers if they really want.

There is a time of 24-36 hours from the time a foreigner is detained in IDC where he can appeal to the Immigration Commissioner or the Immigration Commission, but in many cases it may be to late and the only option is actual deportation, blacklisted or not is another question.

This is according to the normal Immigration procedures.

Thanks George I have no animosity to this person and hope the laws of the land are applied properly to all alien and Thai.I do worry that foreigners supporting other lawbreakers because they agree with them and bring this forum into disrepute.