Short Report Obtaining Multi O at Savannakhet

Good, concise report; thanks. Does one not have the option of paying US$35.00 at that crossing rather than B1500 as one can at the Friendship Bridge in Nong Khai? About a B300 savings.

Yes no problem USD or Thai baht. I was unable to get small notes in Ubon prior to heading there. There is a money changer at the Lao side but it was not open when i arrived.

I also observed that the 40 baht in and out is for the pocket some paid and some did not pay, and they were not prevented from entering or departing. I just paid to save any hassle.

Do you still need to show bank details to them

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I don't recall any reports of Savannakhet wanting financial proof ever since they started doing multiple entry visas for marriage.

Some have given but it is not required.

Good, concise report; thanks. Does one not have the option of paying US$35.00 at that crossing rather than B1500 as one can at the Friendship Bridge in Nong Khai? About a B300 savings.

Yes no problem USD or Thai baht. I was unable to get small notes in Ubon prior to heading there. There is a money changer at the Lao side but it was not open when i arrived.

I also observed that the 40 baht in and out is for the pocket some paid and some did not pay, and they were not prevented from entering or departing. I just paid to save any hassle.

Did you show financials ?

Ex : Bank statements ?

I can confirm they do not require any bank statement or any other type of financial details, just give them the following for the multi O, plus the 5k baht and you are good to go.

1. Application form + 2 photo, best to download and complete before the trip

2. Your passport plus a copy

3. Original mariage cert + copy

4. Copy of the wife's id card

5. Copy of the blue house book

You will be amazed at how fast the guy will complete the process, mine was less that 15 seconds

I can confirm they do not require any bank statement or any other type of financial details, just give them the following for the multi O, plus the 5k baht and you are good to go.

1. Application form + 2 photo, best to download and complete before the trip

2. Your passport plus a copy

3. Original mariage cert + copy

4. Copy of the wife's id card

5. Copy of the blue house book

You will be amazed at how fast the guy will complete the process, mine was less that 15 seconds

Sounds easy.

I don't live around there but was just wondering.

Thanks, and yea, nice concise report.

Nice to know there are some others out there with their heads still screwed on thumbsup.gif

• Like 1