Thai government defends chaos-mired rice policy

Lite Beer

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I guess this latest Chinese company that cancelled its order for 1,2m tons of rotten Thai rice was another fake deal and they got scared. The company seems to have no website or any google emotions apart from this aborted deal

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Another member posted here a few days a go the details of the company. The sole representative of the Chinese company also happened to be the personal assistant of one of the red leaders wife .

The one that has no money to start an airline but did!

Yingluck has no choice but acting ignorant, The house of cards is about to fall and many of the present representatives are going to face serious prosecution now that the world media is seeing right through them! And that's what they deserve, as this is most likely the biggest corruption scam ever to have surfaced in Thailand. A one way ticket Dubai seems a plausible option for miss Run-Out-Off-Luck!

• Like 2

"The government was trying its best to keep its monetary discipline... we all sympathise with the farmers who suffer (from late payments)," Yingluck said.

Where's Prbkk when you need him? Hit by an alledged 'yellow stick'.. when meditating?

Game is over soon for PTP. ......... and good riddance!

-M.

• Like 2

Yes they tried to use fiscal discipline, but there was way to darn much money available to steal that they could not help themselves. Then they only wanted to steal a little bit, but it was way to easy. Like an addict ... one line is too much ... but 500 is not enough ...

I guess this latest Chinese company that cancelled its order for 1,2m tons of rotten Thai rice was another fake deal and they got scared. The company seems to have no website or any google emotions apart from this aborted deal

The company DOES have a name and website -- identified in the Chinese press. I posted it 12 hours or so ago but then a moderator took it down because -- oh my God! -- the company's name was in Chinese! Imagine that! And you're not allowed to use any foreign languages on TV.com. (As if you can't see company and store names rendered in Chinese characters all the time in Thailand itself.) But maybe the mods will allow me to post the website link for the company:

http://www.cofco.com/cn/index.html

If not, I give up.

Incidentally, though, so far, all of the Chinese-langauge press accounts I've seen of the story -- including the accounts in the Chinese-language editions of the Wall Street Journal and the Financial Times -- all refer back to the original Thai source for the statement. No one in China seems to have commented on it (yet). So even though a real company has been identified, it is still possible the Thaksinistas made the whole story up. Why they would do so, though, is strange, because it only makes them look even sillier than before.

It is a difficult situation indeed. I am confused myself what to think about it. Farmers are simple people but they must have known that it was not possible to pay them so much above the market price. it was not 5-10% but over 50% so now we have this result. If government starts selling it now it will decrease prices on the world markets and government will make even more loss and will be blamed for this as it is obviously idiotic policy to but from farmers for more and sell it for less. Also it is totally wicked policy to decrease supply of rice on the world markets to force the increase of price of this basic food as there is already a lot of poverty and hunger. Thaksin was hoping for the price to go up. Very evil and wicked thinking.

If Thais were Christians, (and even if not) most would do believe in Farther Christmas.

Edited by Basil B

Another member posted here a few days a go the details of the company. The sole representative of the Chinese company also happened to be the personal assistant of one of the red leaders wife .

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pm-yingluck-probed-connection-fake-rice-deal/

That's the deal, but I can't find the post in question as it was very detailed and named all the names and their relations.

Got it . Courtesy of Tomacht8 .

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/697154-thai-anti-graft-panel-to-probe-pm-yingluck/?p=7302550

Edited by JesseFrank
  • Like 2

That is because it was a fake company set up only for the theft of rice and cash, almost certainly at the hands of Thaksin and his sister and a few other 'lucky' ministers.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

Yingluck = Theodore Roosevelt 55555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555

• Like 1

"Everyone is trying to help the farmers". I guess that is needed now that Thaksin (the funniest quotes on this sites are from those who think Thaksin is a businessmancheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif ) with this thick as pig crap scheme and Yingluck (as CEO) with her brilliant management skills cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif, have screwed the farmers over not only with the mismanagement of this policy but also with the problems going forward for the farmers to try and sell their rice against not only the world's rice supplies but against the mountain of rice that the government owns. Shinawatra incompetence, corruption and theft at its best.

Best help for the farmers would be for the Shinawatra's to be removed by the same arm of the democratic process that they hate and think they are above...the peoples courts.

Yingluck has no choice but acting ignorant, The house of cards is about to fall and many of the present representatives are going to face serious prosecution now that the world media is seeing right through them! And that's what they deserve, as this is most likely the biggest corruption scam ever to have surfaced in Thailand. A one way ticket Dubai seems a plausible option for miss Run-Out-Off-Luck!

Many of the criminals might have multiple passports so that they can join the other criminal in Dubai to avoid the jail term.

They probably know who stole the money but no names have been mentioned yet.

The current administration is so corrupted and the criminals might get away from this.

We will see.

As chairwoman of the rice mortgage scheme she must take responsibility for the utter fiaso and failure it has become, resignation is the only dignified exit.

Kittirat's failure to ensure that the thieves left enough money in the pot to pay the farmers should be reason enough for his resignation too.

No honor among thieves ... no one will resign

They will just keep denying even when found guilty, it is called Thainess .. never admit wrong

Defending the rice scheme, Yingluck told reporters on Wednesday night that "everyone is trying to help farmers".

The unfortunate consequence of this lie is that quite a few farmers are still believing it, and they are taking up more debts to farm the new season of rice crop...

It's good that they continue in denial mode, it will eventually help the rural Thai to finally realise that far from helping the country the Shinawatras are making life more difficult, hopefully they will vote elsewhere and put us all out of this misery. Thaksin insists on persisting with this scheme, it will be their eventual downfall. They've run out of money and are now unable to sell all the rice quickly for fear of flooding the market and getting a WTO complaint. So, unless they suddenly abandon the scheme to the open market they will continue acquiring more rice with no money to pay for it.

It's good that they continue in denial mode, it will eventually help the rural Thai to finally realise that far from helping the country the Shinawatras are making life more difficult, hopefully they will vote elsewhere and put us all out of this misery. Thaksin insists on persisting with this scheme, it will be their eventual downfall. They've run out of money and are now unable to sell all the rice quickly for fear of flooding the market and getting a WTO complaint. So, unless they suddenly abandon the scheme to the open market they will continue acquiring more rice with no money to pay for it.

Only for another week and only if they can find farmers stupid (or patient) enough to take their scrip. The scam ends Feb 14 and the caretaker govt cannot extend it AFAIK.

To make thing worse, apparently the majority of rice farmers in Thailand are not poor,

but middle income or even rich (large land owners)!!

Got this info from a TDRI (Thai Development Research Institute) researcher.

And, there's a lot of poor people in Thailand who are not rice farmers.

So, as a scheme to help "the poor" it is utterly stupid. More like a PR-stunt.

The most expensive PR-stunt in the country's history ...

Anyhow, the Democrats apparently have their own version of a rice price guarantee scheme,

so don't count on things to become much better after a coup. Incompetence and corruption run wide and deep in LoS.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

we all sympathise with the farmers who suffer (from late payments)," Yingluck said.

...we sympathize so much, that we will even sponsor the rope, if a farmer is so desperate to decide to commit suicide," Yingluck added, with tears in her eyes.

The company DOES have a name and website -- identified in the Chinese press. I posted it 12 hours or so ago but then a moderator took it down because -- oh my God! -- the company's name was in Chinese! Imagine that! And you're not allowed to use any foreign languages on TV.com. (As if you can't see company and store names rendered in Chinese characters all the time in Thailand itself.) But maybe the mods will allow me to post the website link for the company:

http://www.cofco.com/cn/index.html

If not, I give up.

Incidentally, though, so far, all of the Chinese-langauge press accounts I've seen of the story -- including the accounts in the Chinese-language editions of the Wall Street Journal and the Financial Times -- all refer back to the original Thai source for the statement. No one in China seems to have commented on it (yet). So even though a real company has been identified, it is still possible the Thaksinistas made the whole story up. Why they would do so, though, is strange, because it only makes them look even sillier than before.

Sillier, is that possible?

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pm-yingluck-probed-connection-fake-rice-deal/

Missed this one. Leaves me cold in the knowledge that such a convoluted web of corruption is so easily overlooked by the guardians of the law. I think the next step of the anti-thaksin forces should be to instigate a taxpayers' revolt. I'm a taxpayer and I seethe with anger that my taxes are being stolen by scum and not going to those who really need it.

I would think that anyone paying taxes should be angry that it is being creamed-off by corruption, kick-backs and mismanagement by those elected who payed for the opportunity to bleed the country.