a quick ask about renewing motorbike driving license

susanschwaiger

Hello !

My motorbike driving license (valid for 1 year) will expire on Feb 15. For the renewal application:

1. Must I get health certificate ?

2. Do I need to do those physical tests (eye, reaction, etc) and also the motor bike riding test and theory test again?

Mr. Admin, please don't delete my post. I'm asking these to estimate how long time will I need there, as I have a baby to look after at home (las time, it took me a whole day!!!). I know there are similar posts in this Forum. But all of them have many pages and my eyes really hurt so much.

Thanks a lot in advance

Susan

Thanks. I have a non-immigrant visa valid till Dec, 2015.. How about the reaction test, theory test and driving test? Needed or not?

I just did the reaction/colour tests for my 5-year.

I believe I also needed the certificate of residence -- from your embassy (expensive!) or immigration office (200-300 bt).

Edit: Are you sure about your visa validity? That's a long way off, Dec. 2015. Sure it isn't 2014?

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp

on my last visit i required the lot

Residence , medical passport old licence photo copies etc i would get them to save your self a journey.

had to do the tests but no theory or Practical outside then obtained a five year one..

Thanks ! That is all the info I need ::)))

Wish you all a nice evening!

Yes, till Dec 2015, did the same time when my hub renewed his working permit, in Rayong

So, did you also do the theory test and driving test there ?

Thanks a lot !

As I said, only reaction/colour tests. No theory or driving test since you already passed that threshold when you got the first 1-year.

Don't forget to photocopy everything, including your expiring licence, both sides. They do a document check anyway upstairs. Copy shop outside across the road from the Banglamung DLT.

• Like 1

Yes, till Dec 2015, did the same time when my hub renewed his working permit, in Rayong

So, did you also do the theory test and driving test there ?

Thanks a lot !

As I said, only reaction/colour tests. No theory or driving test since you already passed that threshold when you got the first 1-year.

Don't forget to photocopy everything, including your expiring licence, both sides. They do a document check anyway upstairs. Copy shop outside across the road from the Banglamung DLT.

Oh, I still have one more question:

If I arrive at the DLT at 2PM, do you think I can finish all the procedure and get my new motorbike drying license within the same day?

Because as of my baby, it would be better if I can leave in the afternoon.

Recently I renewed my motorcycle tax....my pool man came with me.....he directed us to the lady opposite the licensing office.....she checked that I had everything needed....then sent her assistant across to the licensing office.....10 minutes later he was back with my "new" tax and insurance....paid the lady 400 baht....

No stress....just a peaceful ten minutes having a chat

I thoroughly recommend it....