having a Thailand number outside Thailand

Dr. Burrito

Probably not asking that right in the heading, but essentially, curious about this

My wife lives in US full-time and she is Thai. I go back and forth. Is there some service similar to the Skype In numbers where you can get a number that 'looks' Thai, but goes through a VOIP to reach you anywhere in the world?

It would be simpler than trying to keep a Thai SIM card active over here all the time, and I would think, less expensive as well.

Thanks

dr. b

Buy a GOIP device (GSM over IP) 1 sim from aliexpress for 130-150 usd, place her sim card inside and keep it in Thailand in a family / relative's house with internet access.

You can forward all incoming calls to your choice of voip address or US number using a SIP account (will cost money).

You can use web interface to read / send sms. You can also use sip connection to make outgoing calls using that GSM sim card.

However, it isn't easy to set up, I used one back in my country.

download a program..just voip...put the thai sim no in the program..this will give you a verified no..which is the thai no...

when you use this the thai no will show up..

can be used any and i phone android or computor..

i call thailand from the uk ,,and my thai no shows up...can call any country it will show thai no...

it stores around 4 numbers which you can change..

I cannot recommend FlyNumber as above poster mentioned.

Their Thailand DID numbers cannot be called from a True Corp land line and they are not able to fix it but ask you to contact True for further troubleshooting.

Also if you use their Thailand DID number to call to Thailand numbers it will not show correct caller ID and again their support say they cannot fix that.

It a s great idea but unfortunately it doesn't work at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Maybe a little off topic but wondered if someone could help, I have had a Thai sim for over 3 years now up to press it has worked fine, its AIS 1 to call. I am due to go out to Thailand in a couple of weeks so checked the phone & sim & when I switched on it says no service (its an unlocked iphone 4s). I thought maybe its past its sell by date so ordered another via amazon, this one says the same, no service. I contacted the seller and he said that if I go into settings, general, and look for ICCID and if there are numbers in there it should work. The thing is its the same on both SIM cards so now I don't know if either are any good, I would prefer to keep my old number as my friends in Thailand all know it. Can anyone help?