Deportation from Thailand: Any appeal from Sathit invalid, Tarit says

webfact

ANTI-GOVERNMENT CAMPAIGN
Any appeal from Sathit invalid, Tarit says

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Indian Business Forum chairman Sathit Segal must be deported within a day of the order to be signed by Centre for Maintaining Peace and Order (CMPO) director Chalerm Yoobamrung.

Department of Special Investigation chief Tarit Pengdith said yesterday any appeal would be invalid because Sathit's deportation was activated under the state of emergency, which was put into effect by the CMPO.

The Interior Ministry will consider Sathit's deportation at a meeting today. Sathit appeared on the main rally stage at the Pathumwan intersection last night, his first appearance since the possibility of his deportation was first announced by the CMPO and after the state of emergency was declared.

He received a warm welcome from the crowd and moral support from 21 loyal clans.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-02-07

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He have a Thai ID card, but is not a real Thai citizen, but he get Thai national more than 20 years ago on his V.I.P. state through police. Its a bit difficult, but in a case of criminal, Chalerm can ask for deport him as he violate the SoE. But the SoE itself is a case in the courts, and he have support a lot. Now the deportation is a case for the Intereor ministry, but it look more like intimidation, the favour way of the PTP to show power. If they really deport him, he can come back in a few weeks. smile.png

He have a Thai ID card, but is not a real Thai citizen, but he get Thai national more than 20 years ago on his V.I.P. state through police. Its a bit difficult, but in a case of criminal, Chalerm can ask for deport him as he violate the SoE. But the SoE itself is a case in the courts, and he have support a lot. Now the deportation is a case for the Intereor ministry, but it look more like intimidation, the favour way of the PTP to show power. If they really deport him, he can come back in a few weeks. smile.png

He didn't violate the SOE. That's the whole point.

He hadn't been on stage since the SOE was declared.

Last night's appearance was as a guest. Not as a speaker.

this will be great for relations between the two countries

ok, perhaps the guy should not have been on stage

but deporting a business leader is shooting yourself in the foot ... again ... just my opinion

If Chalerm or Tarit shoot themselves in the foot they will make sure the lights are off and blame it on someone else. Ok ok stupid joke.but couldn't help thinking about it.

I think that if Sathit is deported the Indian business community will react very strongly against it. Soon this government will have people from every sector against them.

Getting back on the stage again last night is not going help him, the bloody idiot should keep a low profile if he wants to fight deportation.

Disagree. it's easier to take action against someone quiet and tame than if there is a lot of noise surrounding them.

Just look at Suthep etc etc.

• Like 2

Getting back on the stage again last night is not going help him, the bloody idiot should keep a low profile if he wants to fight deportation.

Disagree. it's easier to take action against someone quiet and tame than if there is a lot of noise surrounding them.

Just look at Suthep etc etc.

+ +

The real solution is to go to Chalerm and ask how much will it cost to extend my visa?

I'm thinking one pink Bentley, several cases of 1972 Romanee-Conti and maybe some cash.

Chalerm is fond of his pink cars and sips.

He'll just forward in his memo to Tarit that it was all a misunderstanding. Case Closed.

Edited by smileydude

The SOE, an act of parliament, trumps the Constitution?

Yes, Chalerm, they teach you well at that university of lower education, Ramkhamhaeng.

This SOE is not even an act of Parliament. It is an act of a desperate caretaker government under seige...giggle.gif

• Like 1