Immigration Reaffirms Warning to Foreigners Involved in Protests

Jonathan Fairfield

Shows that you have no rights as a foreigner in Thailand, no matter how long you have lived here.

You have total right.

It's the same with banks here in Thailand

Pay foreign exchange but to borrow money as white can not be shown

even if you give a Housewarranty at 3.5 million baht to borrow 2 million can not borrow. My Thai lady can not borrow if she does not have a large income.

Even if I am giving money guarantee.

Yes what she had to borrow, because if she had a great income?

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shows that you have no rights as a foreigner in Thailand, no matter how long you have lived here.

You have total right.

even if you give a Housewarranty at 3.5 million baht to borrow 2 million can not borrow. My Thai lady can not borrow if she does not have a large income.

err what your talking about as regards Thai banks has nothing to do with "rights"....You do not have the "right" to be given a loan unless you qualify

The bank believes you do not qualify under their criteria thats all, which is their prerogative, its their money they are handing over

For reference My Thai lady qualified for a 100% home loan on the basis of my income only and she had no income ie I signed as a guarantor

Please stop trying to equate not qualifying for a bank loan as somehow violating your "rights" or for discriminating against farangs, because your talking rubbish

welcome to our country, you are welcome to spend all your money, use it to build up a business, live here for the rest of your life, marry a thai person but you are not allowed to have an opinion different from ours.

It is to all Farangs benefit to remember that!

So dispense with the phony, displaced, outrage, and remember this is their home, As the citizens of Thailand do have the rights that visitors or resident do not have. It is hypocrisy to want to be protected by the laws of Thailand's Democracy while actively supporting people that want to destroy that Democracy!

Cheers

indeed what a pity for Thailand that the PTP government are a bunch of crooks. A democracy that has failed Thailand in Favour of corruption, I wonder who really has corrupted democracy for Thailand in the name of DEMOCRACY?

Who's being protected by laws that have no effect?

Of course you have the proof that the person's you state are crooks, simply post it and that would speak volumes by it self you would not need to say anything, It is widely understood that most people are innocent until proven guilty by a court..

Many on this forum, simply parrot what they saw other posters post.

So many yellows backed the shut down of the Election, when the voters of Thailand turned out to vote and proved the yellow supporter were wrong,. That the people of Thailand opted for the democratic process of an election to see who is to lead the country, none of this non-elected appointment B/S.

One should be ashamed at being a Farang!

Cheers

You/we (westerners) represent less than 0.3% of the population, you get to live here, eat inexpensive food, pay almost no tax, enjoy a warm climate and have frequent sex with beautiful women, what do you want next, voting privileges! Quit whinging.

Well, this might be all it takes for you to have a good and decent life. But there are others who are actually interested in supporting change in the country and freedom of speech is an important part of democracy, also applying to foreigners. And expressing one's opinion is not whinging, maybe only in case of people who are looking for no more than "to live here, eat inexpensive food, pay almost no tax, enjoy a warm climate and have frequent sex with beautiful women"

welcome to our country, you are welcome to spend all your money, use it to build up a business, live here for the rest of your life, marry a thai person but you are not allowed to have an opinion different from ours.

So dispense with the phony, displaced, outrage, and remember this is their home, As the citizens of Thailand do have the rights that visitors or resident do not have. It is hypocrisy to want to be protected by the laws of Thailand's Democracy while actively supporting people that want to destroy that Democracy!

Cheers

indeed what a pity for Thailand that the PTP government are a bunch of crooks. A democracy that has failed Thailand in Favour of corruption, I wonder who really has corrupted democracy for Thailand in the name of DEMOCRACY?

Of course you have the proof that the person's you state are crooks, simply post it and that would speak volumes by it self you would not need to say anything, It is widely understood that most people are innocent until proven guilty by a court..

So many yellows backed the shut down of the Election, when the voters of Thailand turned out to vote and proved the yellow supporter were wrong,. That the people of Thailand opted for the democratic process of an election to see who is to lead the country, none of this non-elected appointment B/S.

Cheers

Kikoman, you don't have a clue what democracy is and what it entails. Voting is just one part to it, but it seems to be all that you understand. And not everyone who is for very good reasons against PTP is against elections or pro-violence or any other BS you are categorically accusing all those that are not of your opinion. You would make for a good PT crony, if you were Thai.

And to do away with some other rubbish. In many countries with real/functioning democracies, there is no way that a foreigner who peacefully voices his opinion and supports demonstrators could be deported and definitely not without proper process.

So, soon the elections (at least at some stage) will be over, so what? Do you really think it will solve any problem at all? I am against the stupid actions to prevent people from voting, but still, if YS really thinks she can sit it out and solve the problem or wait until the protesters will lose steam, she is dead wrong and it will cost Thailand dearly.

There is no way that TS, YS and PTP can get back to how it was before the diasaster trying to change the consitution, the senate and bring TS back and there is of course also no way that ST or the democrats can just take over and no more problem. But, nobody seems to be honestly trying to find a way that could be really acceptable to all (more than just the supporters of one party, never mind which one) and could finally lead to a solution.

• Like 1

Kikoman, you don't have a clue what democracy is and what it entails. Voting is just one part to it, but it seems to be all that you understand. And not everyone who is for very good reasons against PTP is against elections or pro-violence or any other BS you are categorically accusing all those that are not of your opinion. You would make for a good PT crony, if you were Thai.

And to do away with some other rubbish. In many countries with real/functioning democracies, there is no way that a foreigner who peacefully voices his opinion and supports demonstrators could be deported and definitely not without proper process.

So, soon the elections (at least at some stage) will be over, so what? Do you really think it will solve any problem at all? I am against the stupid actions to prevent people from voting, but still, if YS really thinks she can sit it out and solve the problem or wait until the protesters will lose steam, she is dead wrong and it will cost Thailand dearly.

There is no way that TS, YS and PTP can get back to how it was before the diasaster trying to change the consitution, the senate and bring TS back and there is of course also no way that ST or the democrats can just take over and no more problem. But, nobody seems to be honestly trying to find a way that could be really acceptable to all (more than just the supporters of one party, never mind which one) and could finally lead to a solution.

And if Suthep took over with his self appointed people's council, would that solve anything? Do you think that his detractors would just sit back & accept a non-elected ruling panel to be imposed on them. Everyone knows that Thai democracy is flawed, but until someone comes up with a better system it remains the system.

Edited by Rich teacher

And if Suthep took over with his self appointed people's council, would that solve anything? Do you think that his detractors would just sit back & accept a non-elected ruling panel to be imposed on them. Dreamer! Everyone knows that Thai democracy is flawed, but until someone comes up with a better system it remains the system.

Rich teacher, where exactly did I say that I want "Suthep took over with his self appointed people's council" or that it would be the solution. Read the last paragraph again! What you are missing that the system has run into the ground and with the situation we now have in Thailand, the system can no longer remain. Just repeating it again: Nobody (that applies to YS and PTP as well as to ST, AV and the democrats!) seems to be honestly trying to find a way that could be really acceptable to all (more than just the supporters of one party, never mind which one) and could finally lead to a solution. Anybody who still thinks that the problem can be solved or will just "be over" if one side or the other is back in power is dreaming. Please read more carefully before making statements such as "Do you think that his detractors would just sit back & accept a non-elected ruling panel to be imposed on them. Dreamer!", because in no way did I imply this, not even in the slightest.

Edited by ineu

You have total right.

... Please stop trying to equate not qualifying for a bank loan as somehow violating your "rights" or for discriminating against farangs, because your talking rubbish

Talking rubbish ?? Got VISA with SCB up to 15,000 baht credit. Bank conditions applied involved a deposit as guarantee for the same amount. Guess what ? The teller asked me 30,000. He said 15,000 is for Thais only. Tell me that this has nothing to do with discrimination and I can see pigs flying.

Or denounce your citizenship to whatever country and become a Thai

You reckon having citizenship would stop them throwing you out, do ya? Doesn't that Indian have a passport? You could have citizenship, a Thai passport, have lived here 50 years and would still not be 'Thai'. It's all about your face. wink.png

He has only a Indian passport and has residency only

You are right in that a naturalised Thai can have his citizenship cancelled for doing something harmful to national security or social order. In practice this is unlikely to happen without a court conviction for a serious offence like drug dealing. Interior Ministry officials are wary of being sued in the Administrative Court over issues like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

You/we (westerners) represent less than 0.3% of the population, you get to live here, eat inexpensive food, pay almost no tax, enjoy a warm climate and have frequent sex with beautiful women, what do you want next, voting privileges! Quit whinging.

You got all thumbs up from the regiment of farting retired old men spending their evenings sat in bars with bottles of singha and thai teerak on their laps. Normal human beings from abroad have invested lot of money and paid taxes in LOS, got married, had children, supported thai families thus improving local economy and the wellbeing of many thais but NO RIGHTS of being represented at all stages in thai society. No my friend, my 12 years here tell me a different story than yours, especially about inexpensive food, tax, police corruption and women. Completely different. Enjoy yr singha and yr thai teerak without condom. It's such a fun, isn't it ?

At age 64 the last time I saw the inside of a bar was many years ago, ditto the last time I bought alcohol. And my ten years here have taught me that your twelve years have been misspent, for example, if you think that food is not inexpensive here in Thailand I invite you to compare prices against your home country and post the results here, from verifiable sources, I dare you! As for police corruption: I have been ticketed for speed, illegal parking and when my wife didn't wear a seat belt, the fines were all paid at the police station at the Thai rate, I've had no other even remotely negative contact with the police here.

As for your lack of rights: I wonder how you would feel if immigrants to your home country demanded representation and voting rights, as soon as they declared themselves settled, would that be OK in your world, no, I didn't think so.

Finally, your contribution to the Thai economy over the years, by comparison, it amounts to a few satang found on the side walk.

yours,

normal person from abroad.

1) My 'few satang on the side walk' together with support towards 24 thai families + my wife's contribute locally FAR MORE than any chinese or filipino in any western Country. Reason ? Western Union, Money Graham, tell you anything ?

2) there are ALREADY voting rights for immigrants in my home Country. There is NOTHING they cannot do, buy, work which discriminates them by law. Ask anyone from EU.

3) I am not retired, nor 64 but live and work in LOS. In my case, prices are compared to what I earn here which depends on high and low season and tourism flow. Your monthly pension from abroad can be ok for Chiang Mai. Good for you. Come down in Phuket and see things by yourself.

4) Police corruption is not really about ticketing but the bribe you pay for having your bar still opened after 1:30, for the money the police officer asks you for buying ticket for 'police concert' (....), tuk tuk fares, goods bought in some local market plaza, just to give you few examples.

5) If you would have worked here in your 10 years, you would be telling a different story. Too easy to judge things with a constant monthly income from abroad. And please, spare me the widespread 'if you do not like it, go home farang' cause THIS is my home together with my beautiful children and gorgeous Thai wife.

Yours,

Foreigner working and supporting LOS

• Like 1

You got all thumbs up from the regiment of farting retired old men spending their evenings sat in bars with bottles of singha and thai teerak on their laps. Normal human beings from abroad have invested lot of money and paid taxes in LOS, got married, had children, supported thai families thus improving local economy and the wellbeing of many thais but NO RIGHTS of being represented at all stages in thai society. No my friend, my 12 years here tell me a different story than yours, especially about inexpensive food, tax, police corruption and women. Completely different. Enjoy yr singha and yr thai teerak without condom. It's such a fun, isn't it ?

At age 64 the last time I saw the inside of a bar was many years ago, ditto the last time I bought alcohol. And my ten years here have taught me that your twelve years have been misspent, for example, if you think that food is not inexpensive here in Thailand I invite you to compare prices against your home country and post the results here, from verifiable sources, I dare you! As for police corruption: I have been ticketed for speed, illegal parking and when my wife didn't wear a seat belt, the fines were all paid at the police station at the Thai rate, I've had no other even remotely negative contact with the police here.

As for your lack of rights: I wonder how you would feel if immigrants to your home country demanded representation and voting rights, as soon as they declared themselves settled, would that be OK in your world, no, I didn't think so.

Finally, your contribution to the Thai economy over the years, by comparison, it amounts to a few satang found on the side walk.

yours,

normal person from abroad.

1) My 'few satang on the side walk' together with support towards 24 thai families + my wife's contribute locally FAR MORE than any chinese or filipino in any western Country. Reason ? Western Union, Money Graham, tell you anything ?

2) there are ALREADY voting rights for immigrants in my home Country. There is NOTHING they cannot do, buy, work which discriminates them by law. Ask anyone from EU.

3) I am not retired, nor 64 but live and work in LOS. In my case, prices are compared to what I earn here which depends on high and low season and tourism flow. Your monthly pension from abroad can be ok for Chiang Mai. Good for you. Come down in Phuket and see things by yourself.

4) Police corruption is not really about ticketing but the bribe you pay for having your bar still opened after 1:30, for the money the police officer asks you for buying ticket for 'police concert' (....), tuk tuk fares, goods bought in some local market plaza, just to give you few examples.

5) If you would have worked here in your 10 years, you would be telling a different story. Too easy to judge things with a constant monthly income from abroad. And please, spare me the widespread 'if you do not like it, go home farang' cause THIS is my home together with my beautiful children and gorgeous Thai wife.

Yours,

Well put CEKIPA,

The comment "If you don't like it here ....." is just a sign of not being able to produce real arguments in a discussion. When I was young (end of the sixties early seventies, the remaining Nazis in Germany used to tell those who were in support of the Social Democrats or even socialists or communists "If you don't like it, go to the GDR" (Formerly East Germany). Their view is either everything is to be accepted as it is, no matter how bad it might be, or otherwise just piss off. That may of course not apply if they find themselves in a position where they do not like what happens.

The rambling of Chiang Mai is actually not worth any further responses, as there is no sense or logic in his argumentation, which to no surprise then has to end with this all too stupid phrase.

Edited by ineu
  • Like 1

Why should we have rights? You have hit the nail on the head, we are foreigners

Oh, I dunno, because we're humans. Why shouldn't all humans have rights?

If you honestly believe that because you reside within one set of man made borders that you deserve no rights, then you have a slave mentality and I actually feel sorry for you.

Of course that doesn't mean we're given those rights, but we all do deserve them. To deny us from them should be criminal.

Cheers

Cheers

I would prefer a functioning and equitable legal system without democracy.

Democracy cannot function without laws and equity.

Yours,

I've read your two posts several times and to be honest I'm struggling to understand your point. So you own a bar that employs people and presumably that's the support of 24 that you talk about, the support of your wife and children is to be expected and I do similar. You are annoyed at the cost of doing business in Phuket, as was I when I lived there for four years, for that reason and others I moved to a more normal location and those problems went away. BTW I derive most of my income from inside Thailand and there is no steady stream from overseas.

To summarize, you chose to move to Thailand knowing full well there are restrictions placed on foreigners living here and you elected to open a business on the island knowing full well there are hidden on-costs. You and I remain a small fractional percentage of the population by race yet your expectations are that you should have representation/voting rights/laws to specifically protect you because similar laws "may" exist where you came from? I have to ask myself, why would they do such things, I simply don't see it as being even warranted even a little bit.

Well, this might be all it takes for you to have a good and decent life. But there are others who are actually interested in supporting change in the country and freedom of speech is an important part of democracy, also applying to foreigners. And expressing one's opinion is not whinging, maybe only in case of people who are looking for no more than "to live here, eat inexpensive food, pay almost no tax, enjoy a warm climate and have frequent sex with beautiful women"

...and what is it explicitly that you want for yourself, what rules/laws do you want to see? Do you want the vote, do you want to own land and/or do you want to be able to say what you want, when you want and to whoever you want, spell it out.

If you are prepared to risk deportation go ahead. Never had sympathy for protesters of any kind who disrupt peoples lives and business.

You come from a land of milk and honey, where all is given and there is no reason to protest. I dont have Sympathy for people who have no Sympathy.

There are many issues that may be worthy of protest in the U.S., particularly given how it's currently being run. The difference is that citizens have a right to protest, visitors should not (although quite annoyingly they do tend to be the most outspoken about a country that is not theirs). Have an opinion - fine; protest, no. Why this is such a difficult concept is beyond explanation. No one said you cannot have an opinion - just don't participate in protests - which I guess for the society dropouts, occupiers, those who are always seeking a handout, is one in the same.

After having read so many horrible comments coming from farang posters who vehemently support the overthrowing of the elected government, approve criminal actions perpetrated by heavily armed yellow extremists, and actively participate in smear campaigns against the government by continuing to spread false facts, defamation and baseless rumors, ... I totally agree that foreigners who joined the protests should be deported.

Why should foreigners be allowed to join an anti-democracy protest, which they know very well is illegal, without having to bear the consequences of their acts?

Deport the farangs!

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

wow.. you really encapsulate all reasons why ANYONE would want to protest. And you read like a North Korean Newscaster.

• Like 1

...and what is it explicitly that you want for yourself, what rules/laws do you want to see? Do you want the vote, do you want to own land and/or do you want to be able to say what you want, when you want and to whoever you want, spell it out.

Sure, there are a number of things that I would love to see here:

1. Being able to speak freely and express my opinion publicly, without inciting hatred or violence of course

2. Seeing the legislative and the police really pursuing criminals and not only when they are asked by the ruling politicians and to drag feet on those cases that are not in favor of the ruling party

3. The poor not being discriminated and the rich being able to do whatever they fancy without any consequences, if they kill others

4. The government being checked by functioning balances, making it impossible for them to dismantle any kind of opposition

5. Yes, of course I am pro-election

6. Owning land would also be very nice, because there is no rational reason why this should not be possible in Thailand

7. That Thai women, even those married to foreigners have the same rights as Thai men

I could continue. But what is your point? I am not saying that everything I want is going to happen, which is very unfortunate, because it would surely improve the situation in Thailand for all (maybe except for the elite like the Shinawatra clan and the other politicians of all colours).

After having read so many horrible comments coming from farang posters who vehemently support the overthrowing of the elected government, approve criminal actions perpetrated by heavily armed yellow extremists, and actively participate in smear campaigns against the government by continuing to spread false facts, defamation and baseless rumors, ... I totally agree that foreigners who joined the protests should be deported.

Why should foreigners be allowed to join an anti-democracy protest, which they know very well is illegal, without having to bear the consequences of their acts?

Deport the farangs!

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

wow.. you really encapsulate all reasons why ANYONE would want to protest. And you read like a North Korean Newscaster.

Gerry totally lost it. He is doing a Chalerm. talking utter nonsense, maybe he uses the same ear medication.

How long will it be before Thai Visa records will be confiscated so they can find Farlang who are trying to influence the thai people

• Like 1

If you are prepared to risk deportation go ahead. Never had sympathy for protesters of any kind who disrupt peoples lives and business.

You come from a land of milk and honey, where all is given and there is no reason to protest. I dont have Sympathy for people who have no Sympathy.

There are many issues that may be worthy of protest in the U.S., particularly given how it's currently being run. The difference is that citizens have a right to protest, visitors should not (although quite annoyingly they do tend to be the most outspoken about a country that is not theirs). Have an opinion - fine; protest, no. Why this is such a difficult concept is beyond explanation. No one said you cannot have an opinion - just don't participate in protests - which I guess for the society dropouts, occupiers, those who are always seeking a handout, is one in the same.

I dare to slightly disagree. While I agree that visitors or short-term residents should perhaps better keep out of political business and especially in public protests or demonstrations. However, in a real, functioning democracy, long-term residents should be able to voice their opinion peacefully, too. They have adopted the country as their new home and they might be genuinely interested in supporting developments for the better.

But Thailand is not a functioning democracy at all and that is why after 17 years living here I stay out of the public, as much as I would like to contribute positively and peacefully towards reconcilliation. Any kind of BS could happen to me otherwise, maybe just because a politician or another rich crook dislikes my face, my views or just because his mia noi gave him a hard time.

• Like 1

I dare to slightly disagree. While I agree that visitors or short-term residents should perhaps better keep out of political business and especially in public protests or demonstrations. However, in a real, functioning democracy, long-term residents should be able to voice their opinion peacefully, too. They have adopted the country as their new home and they might be genuinely interested in supporting developments for the better.

But Thailand is not a functioning democracy at all and that is why after 17 years living here I stay out of the public, as much as I would like to contribute positively and peacefully towards reconcilliation. Any kind of BS could happen to me otherwise, maybe just because a politician or another rich crook dislikes my face, my views or just because his mia noi gave him a hard time.

"But Thailand is not a functioning democracy at all . . . " That's the point. We choose to live in a country where we can not own real property (absent many expensive legal hurdles not required of Thais), obviously cannot vote, must check in at immigration every year or two (depending upon one's visa type) and notify them every 90 days that one has not moved, etc. For me the benefits outweigh the deficits. But that of course is clearly a personal decision. Of course if things were different/fair, we'd all be happier. As a pastor I once knew use to say "If there was peace and love throughout the world I'd be out of work." There really is no true paradise - but Thailand comes pretty close for me.

Edited by venturalaw

1. Being able to speak freely and express my opinion publicly, without inciting hatred or violence of course

2. Seeing the legislative and the police really pursuing criminals and not only when they are asked by the ruling politicians and to drag feet on those cases that are not in favor of the ruling party

3. The poor not being discriminated and the rich being able to do whatever they fancy without any consequences, if they kill others

4. The government being checked by functioning balances, making it impossible for them to dismantle any kind of opposition

6. Owning land would also be very nice, because there is no rational reason why this should not be possible in Thailand

7. That Thai women, even those married to foreigners have the same rights as Thai men

I could continue. But what is your point? I am not saying that everything I want is going to happen, which is very unfortunate, because it would surely improve the situation in Thailand for all (maybe except for the elite like the Shinawatra clan and the other politicians of all colours).

The subject is Immigration advising farangs to stay clear from any involvement, that moved on slightly by another posters wanting rights here along the lines of getting the vote, a post that you supported. So I put it to you, what laws do you want to see enacted that beneit you directly, what you seem to have come up with, with one exception, is a list of things generally designed to improve Thailand overall, that's not the subject or the question!

The subject is Immigration advising farangs to stay clear from any involvement, that moved on slightly by another posters wanting rights here along the lines of getting the vote, a post that you supported. So I put it to you, what laws do you want to see enacted that beneit you directly, what you seem to have come up with, with one exception, is a list of things generally designed to improve Thailand overall, that's not the subject or the question!

What I want personally for my life is of no interest in this topic and actually I do not think that voting rights for foreigners would make it anywhere close to the top 20 - 50 on my list. If you have to know, I just want to be able to live happily with my family here in Thailand without the fear of being unjustly taken advantage off. I am happily married with my wife for 20 years, we have a nice little house and garden, we took care of her 3 children and now of some of the grandchildren.

I still do not have any "right" of a decent residence status (at least a 3 - 5 years visa without the rubbish of reporting every 3 months would go a long way). My wife is now seriously sick and she may die within the next 2-3 years. Without her being alive, my whole status is in complete limbo, because the house and land are of course on her name, which is no problem as long as she is alive and honestly I thought I might die first, being 10 years older than her.

Yes, these are personal issues that I would love to see, but this is not the topic here, is it?

Beside my personal wishes I indeed would love to help this country becoming a better and more just democracy and that is why the list did talk about those issues. And further back to the topic, telling foreigners (or only Farangs?) who are living in Thailand not to support peaceful demonstrations or to voice their opinion and threatening them with legal action or deportation is not a sign of a mature democracy. It is a sign of a government desperately clinging to power and trying whatever they can to criminalize opposition views.

Yours,

I've read your two posts several times and to be honest I'm struggling to understand your point. So you own a bar that employs people and presumably that's the support of 24 that you talk about, the support of your wife and children is to be expected and I do similar. You are annoyed at the cost of doing business in Phuket, as was I when I lived there for four years, for that reason and others I moved to a more normal location and those problems went away. BTW I derive most of my income from inside Thailand and there is no steady stream from overseas.

To summarize, you chose to move to Thailand knowing full well there are restrictions placed on foreigners living here and you elected to open a business on the island knowing full well there are hidden on-costs. You and I remain a small fractional percentage of the population by race yet your expectations are that you should have representation/voting rights/laws to specifically protect you because similar laws "may" exist where you came from? I have to ask myself, why would they do such things, I simply don't see it as being even warranted even a little bit.

You should ask yourself more than that for example why yr name is not Kim Jong Un as I can see how much regard you have for human beings. Oh yess !! All expats like me who came in Phuket, opened 3 business, went through tsunami, coups, yellow and red shirt riots, protests, strong baht appreciation vs € $ £ should have known very well in advance in your mentality, is'n it ? Same as rohingya: as they are just a small fraction in LOS, what do they complain about ? Do you really see yrself as normal person ?

Yours,

You should ask yourself more than that for example why yr name is not Kim Jong Un as I can see how much regard you have for human beings. Oh yess !! All expats like me who came in Phuket, opened 3 business, went through tsunami, coups, yellow and red shirt riots, protests, strong baht appreciation vs € $ £ should have known very well in advance in your mentality, is'n it ? Same as rohingya: as they are just a small fraction in LOS, what do they complain about ? Do you really see yrself as normal person ?

You're clearly getting emotional now and losing your logic, the question was posed whether farangs should have more rights in Thailand and I said no, you and one other disagreed so I've tried to explore with you both the logic of why those increased rights should be given. The other poster got confused as to what the subject was and you've resorted to name calling and talking about personal hardship, none of which addresses the question of why farangs should be given more rights here.

This is a debate, it's not personal, my view is that countries such as the UK and the US for example are really quite difficult to legal enter as a a foreigner in order to live there permanently, both countries have a high cost of living also. Thailand makes it very easy to enter and live here and for many it's still a desirable location, the climate is mostly pleasant, the cost of living is inexpensive and so on and so on, Given that all we need to do presently is to renew/extend our visa every year and report for 90 every quarter, should we really expect to be granted further privileges, I don't think so and a large majority seem to agree.

Over and out.

You're clearly getting emotional now and losing your logic, the question was posed whether farangs should have more rights in Thailand and I said no, you and one other disagreed so I've tried to explore with you both the logic of why those increased rights should be given. The other poster got confused as to what the subject was and you've resorted to name calling and talking about personal hardship, none of which addresses the question of why farangs should be given more rights here.

As I pointed out earlier, it's all foreigners who are being warned not just white people.

Currently they are only trying to deport a kairk, no white people at risk so far.

This whole topic is about nationality, not race.

Edited by FiftyTwo